Phantom Hollow You can take it all, you can take it all
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
All Welcome 
Perhaps @Alarian or anyone else looking for Medic threads

The woman had been patrolling the hollow as relentlessly as she could. She'd promised Damien that she'd do so and so she shall, injury or not. She'd packed the wound with damp moss the best she could to soothe it and stop it bleeding everywhere as well as getting dirt in it. 
She needed a real healer badly, yet she'd not yet found the time.

Hunting was painful, the wound spanning her shoulder pained her but she had to keep them fed. Patrolling for signs of the Blackfeather traitors took her time too. She wouldn't put it past Ramsey to come and try his luck. That's if they knew they were here. Wintersbane wouldn't hurt Nyx's litter she knew that much. Ramsey seemed sly enough to do so -- Mou too. He just had a look about him that told the fire-licked woman he wouldn't hesitate. Not if it was what Maegi told him to do.

She was taking a short break to look for a healer. She couldn't risk infection. She'd been doing her best but she could only do so much with field methods.
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
The looks of her couldn't be more clear. Flicker had taken a severe injury from their adventurer's mission at Blackfeather Woods, but in some twisted way Damien saw it as the least of their problems. Had he allowed the red woman to continue to threaten his niece at her doorstep maybe neither of them would have lived to tell it. He liked to think that he was a big, bad, invincible wolf, but the truth was that they had been surrounded. Her injury was the price Damien had to pay for both their lives, and he would have done it a thousand times if he had to.

That doesn't look too well, he said calmly as when he crossed paths with the scout. For despite his opinion on the situation he wasn't indifferent to a subordinate's suffering. He assumed that Flicker was smart enough to understand why he'd done it, so he wouldn't bother explaining unless she showed any signs of mistrust.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Her head listed at the Sovereigns voice, her eyes flashing with the memory of being bludgeoned by him; out of all who opposed her there, she least expected him to do her harm. 
Flicker guessed he didn't have the same crazy, bloodthirsty drive -- though in reality, he was just smarter than her.

That mere moment of old-extinguished fury swam away as quickly as it came. He wanted to get out of there, not turn the pack on them. A pack that Maegi had the audacity to revive. For what, anyway? She'd find it comical if she'd not seen what Maegi was when she wasn't bat-shit crazy.
"How else would yah expect a wound teh look?" She retorted with a smirk. It hampered her a little but she was doing her best to keep it clean. Licking it, finding the moss to pack it. She wasn't very good at it, especially not when she kept jerking the damn thing in attempts to catch a snack or something to stock.
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Damien couldn't say he was crazy about the tone with which Flicker responded, but he kept his temper in check just for long enough to make his way to stand in front of her. Tall and imposing, Damien stared into her eyes with all the contained rage that she had ignited herself, and with a low, warning growl he made it clear he was to be respected.

I don't think you've realized this, but what I did was to save you the trouble of having to get something worse than that from a whole pack of unstable monsters. he said clearly and regally, lecturing the associate as though she was one of his own children. So you'd be wise to thank me, and most importantly, respect him. But a man who asked for respect did not deserve it. Damien took what he believed belonged to him by force, and the respect of his most troubling subordinates would be no different.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Her brow raised, resisting the urge to roll her eyes and earn herself a reprimand. 
She looked away from the glare, dropping herself slightly. Would it be wise to talk back?
Damn, she was thinking about something.
"I apologize for my tone, Sovereign​, but I do realize and I thank you." She wanted to turn and snap. Her heart hammering with adrenaline that involuntarily pumped through her with the thought of usurping the pack.
It would be suicide. She quenched the thought. Another day in a different pack. For now, she'd be loyal to them. They needed the manpower.

She whined low, almost inaudibly, her tail tucked firmly between her legs. She wouldn't invoke his wrath now.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
And she did well to know her place. Had Damien had an idea of what was going through her head she wouldn't really have a head anymore. It was the way Damien worked to protect his own. For now, Flicker was one of his own, and she had actually been helpful if somewhat inaccurate about Blackfeather Woods. While for now they didn't have the manpower, the whole campaign to retake Blackfeather Woods had been rekindled by Flicker alone, and now The Melonii had something to work towards.

Damien didn't address the matter any longer, He was sure he'd been clear enough and Flicker did seem to get the point. It would have been superfluous to remark that should she speak like that to her sovereign again she would most likely lose her tongue, if not something worse.

Damien allowed the silence to linger for a moment, savoring the sense of authority and letting the idea of it sink in in Flicker's mind. But he was far from delighted about the situation. Does it still hurt? he asked eventually, his voice still stern and authoritative, yet curiously fatherly.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She trailed her gaze to his lips awaiting the next words. Watching them twitch slightly as if he'd continue on. He didn't bother wasting his words.
The silence hung, suspended like a frozen waterfall. 
She hated silences. The only reason she'd tolerated Blackfeather was the birds. Bearable at best, a nuisance at worst.

She thought over his question. Is she said yes, she'd appear weaker and unable. A shelved member. She rose again, the corner of her eye twitching in suppressed pain. "I can work." Was all she replied with. She could find something for the pain; besides it was starting to heal over.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
'I can work' was her response, and Damien simply watched as she forced herself up. Perhaps that had been a dangerous statement, for Damien had much to ask of Flicker in these times of uncertainty. Good. he said We need to find an actual place to live. I won't be raising my children in this shit hole, that is certain. and it was for many reasons that he thought of Phantom Hollow as a shit hole, but that was a tale for another day.

See that you're rested before departing, but I need you to find this place for us. It needs to be close enough to keep an eye on my nephews, and easy to defend should we ever face a raid again. he clarified, but he already knew that Flicker was no fool and knew exactly the kind of place that Damien had in mind. Do this for us and it'll earn you a promotion. he offered, and it was not an early reward. Flicker had served him well, and he knew to reward his faithful servants.

I think this is set way before the move, right? Let me know if this doesn't work for you.
I was thinking her time as PPC could be explained with this?
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Yeah that'd be fine, I could put a backdated thread there but it probably won't get anything unless it's organized.
"I see." She mused, racking her mind. She already knew of a place that good enough.
The Haunted Woods.
She'd get on the road immediately, just after a quick meal. She'd scout it and spend a few nights there to see if anything shady cropped up. She couldn't go based on a few short hours.

"I'll go now, I've rested enough." In truth, she wanted to get away and perhaps do some snooping on the way. She liked snooping. A shame she didn't stay on the inside, really. She didn't care much that she'd get promoted, surprisingly. It was what she wanted. Desperately. But to have a new home that wasn't here was good enough, not that she'd say it. She knew it wouldn't be long before they were found and needed a fort of sorts.

She gave a curt nod to Damien and, when allowed, moved off to find a cache.