Wheeling Gull Isle do you like what you see?
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Private 
@Avis  @Padma - Padma doesn’t have to join, only if you want, Keg!

Strand and Avis had made it across the land bridge to Wheeling Gull Isle. As she stood on the beach and looked around at her home, Strand said, “Do you like what you see?” She pointed with her muzzle to the right side of the island. “Over there is the forest. It has a big pool of freshwater and a couple smaller streams. Some ducks and other birds for food.” Next she pointed to the big rock formation with the flat top in the center of the island. “There’s not much up there, but it has a nice view. The rest of the island is just beach. There’s some tide pools here and there, too.” 

The islander figured that was enough of a description for now and turned to look at Avis. “So, you wanna go anywhere? See anything? I could give you the grand tour.” She flashed a grin. “We might see Padma, too. She’s nice!”
*Posts will be short (~100 words or less)
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

obviously! Haha

IT HAD HAPPENED! The girl had been practicing and practicing, every day she took a paw to catching a fish, a skill she found the most frustrating to learn. But today was different. Today she had finally caught one. Her jaws snapped around the aquatic creature, and it bucked against her, but she held firm. Although she was soaked, and she had inhaled more water than she like she was to excited by the fish dangling from her teeth to care.

Returning to the beach the girl searched for a good place to dig into her latest meal, when her amber eyes caught sight of Strand and someone new? Bounding toward the pair, Padma was a little wary of the stranger but knew the Strand would protect her. “StRaNd!” Came the muffled call as she ran with the fish in her mouth, unable to pronounce her words with the obstruction.
"it is if everyone dies alone."
"Does that scare you?"
"i don't want to be alone."
3/5
0/5

My patience has a limit, unlike my authority.
8 Posts
Ooc — Valiant
Avis' eyes just darted all over the place, the place was like a small world, the conifers were a familar sight, constrated to the rocky outcrops which were filled with strange aquatic life. Avis showed little interest in the exact directions but knew that the land was full of hunting opportunities other than the small land creatures she commonly hunted.

When Strand offered to show her around with a tour she asked Strand to repeat: Where did you say the fresh water was? I'd like to see that place. Avis was interested in it the duck pond and streams and it was always important to know where the nearest source of water would be but then a young pup bounded up to the pair. Avis cautiously looked towards the pup and was wary as well, as she had never seen anyone so small as Avis never had any young siblings or childhood friends in her original pack. That's a big fish, she commented towards the pup, surprised of the strength and endeavour spirit of a pup.
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Strand’s tail swished at Avis’ question. “That’s in the forest,” she said, referring to where the freshwater pond was. “Yeah, we can go there. I spent a lot of time there while my shoulder was healing.” She motioned towards her scabbed-over shoulder, emphasizing it so that she could show off her battle wound. In truth she didn’t even mind that she walked with a limp. To her, it was just further proof that she had fought someone older and bigger than her and was still alive. She didn’t win that fight but no one had to know that.

Just as she was about to launch into the story behind the scar, Padma bounded up to the both of them with a giant fish in her mouth. Strand’s mouth fell open at the size of it, and then her eyes lifted to look at her friend. She grinned, her tail wagging behind her, and laughed when Padma yelled her name with the fish still in her mouth and it came out all muffled. “Hey, Padma. Nice fish!” She turned towards Avis. “This is Padma,” she told the grey female. “Padma, this is Avis. She wanted to see the island so I took her out here. Looks like you’ve been busy while I’ve been gone.”
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Spitting the fish out of her mouth, she offered a slightly blood smile at the pair. “Nice to meet you Avis. We don’t get many visitors!” Although she was still a little wary, the fact the Strand seemed so relaxed helped Padma accept the other girls presence.

“Where you headed now?” Her tummy rumbled and the girl looked down at her catch, “Of course I’ve been busy! I was hungry.” Puffing out her chest, the youngster was very proud of herself for catching such a meal. Her feat had put her in a gleeful mood which reverberated throughout her form.
"it is if everyone dies alone."
"Does that scare you?"
"i don't want to be alone."
3/5
0/5

81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Closing this because Avis went inactive. Remember that IC ≠ OOC! Strand is annoyed at Avis but I am not! <3 I’d love a thread again if Avis comes back!

Strand was about to say something to Padma when Avis suddenly made some excuses and wandered off, back along the sandbar to the mainland. Strand stared after with an annoyed expression on her face, but let the woman go. If she didn’t want to be part of the cool club, then fine. It would just be Padma and herself then. Oh well. Sucked to be Avis. She flicked an ear behind her as Padma’s stomach growled again and turned to look at her with a grin. “You can eat that fish, you know,” she said. She’d tried and failed to recruit a wolf to their island, but at least she’d gotten out to the mainland for once. She supposed overall, it had been a good day.