Cerulean Cape Overture
90 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

On the second day of crotch-scratching Julep decided to leave for a few days. The tingling down there was unbearable, and she just couldn't afford to walk around Rusalka smelling like that. Last year when she had her first real heat Julep had been lucky enough to be a lone rogue, in a place where she was unlikely to stumble across unwanted company. But this year things were a little different. Teekon Wilds was packed with wolves, and Julep was ripe for taking.

She spent the night among redwoods just outside Rusalka's lands, and early in the morning she woke eager to find herself something to eat. The cliffs along the coast forced her to go way further than she intended, down to a peninsula surrounded by clear blue waters and fish of many kinds. A perfect spot to catch breakfast, and so without reservations the tigress dove right into the water and found a good spot to wait for her food to come to her.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
He stole away from the keep the first chance he could, needing to breath the ocean air, even it was only for a little bit. He wasn't even sure why he felt the need to return there in the first place other than he felt oddly indebted to that woman for some reason. It was awfully annoying. He had spent the better part of his life only caring about number one; so why did he suddenly feel this way now? Whatever, he didn't really have the capacity to deal with all of that right now. He just wanted to sulk along the beach and be left alone. 

A disconcerting scent caught his attention then, almost pulling him against his will in the direction of the source. He knew the scent well, and he normally tried to avoid it at all costs; no one needed little Z's running around. But he recognized the undertones of the scent, and eventually, he realized why. He saw the woman in the water up ahead seeming like she was trying to fish. He walked into the water anyway and splashed towards her. Hey, you know you're broadcasting to pretty much every guy in the vicinity, right? he said, raising an eyebrow at her. Maybe she didn't know? 

Really sorry for the gross wait! I forgot this was here D:
Took the breath from my open mouth
Never known how it broke me down
90 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The fish started circling about her after a while, and patiently Julep waited for them to be comfortable enough (or dumb much) to get closer. When they did Julep would smash the water with her paws and claw her pray right out of the water like a ninja... But she never really got the chance, for before she could make her move (and she was about to) the splash of water towards the shore deviated her attention and scared the few good fish away.

At first she didn't really recognize the face of the male, but as he neared her and his voice reached her ears she was brought back to Ironsea and her one friend there. Zig? she gasped, and her tail started swirling, but when she realized what he was telling her she thought it was best to stop fanning her hormones everywhere. She didn't really need a swarm of dumb men trying to get her. I'm glad it's you who found me first, then she joked, kinda flirting, but also somehow kinda warning him off by standing right across him and hiding her hocks behind her. Julep was complicated.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
He froze, and his body went rigid, expression darkening as his mind went back to a dark, dingy cave. Strangely, the thing he remembered most was the constant dripping of water from the roof of the cave; it was incessant to the point of mocking, and when she said his name, all he could hear was that fucking noise.

When he finally came to, he noticed he was drawing in gasping breaths and shaking. He glanced to Julep. Don't call me that, he said breathlessly through his panting.Zodiac is my name now or just Z is fine. Rosalyn had called him that, and he kind of liked it. 

He looked back down at the water around his legs as he tried to slow his breathing and calm his racing heart.
Took the breath from my open mouth
Never known how it broke me down
90 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Julep frowned in confusion when she noticed Zig's breathing get out of hand. She looked at him with concern, and tried to find his eyes to see if something was wrong. You alright? she asked taking a step closer and lowering her head to level out with him. That's when he said not to call him that and Julep pulled away in shock and confusion. Okay, okay she said, hoping that by giving him some space to breathe she could avoid getting her face bit.

Is everything okay Z? she asked after a moment. Z was her friend, one of not too many, and she was concerned for his wellbeing. Something was clearly bothering him, maybe something that he'd gone through, and Julep wanted to help him. Hey, talk to me pal she insisted, and once again tried getting a bit closer. She trusted no wolf in the world, and yet for some reason Z gave her a vibe of familiarity that made her feel comfortable around him.