The Sunspire Et ducit mundum per luce
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
@magpie @summer feel free to jump on this thread if you like

Things were certainly picking up the pace around the Sunspire, having no sooner learnt of the incursions the Swiftcurrent wolves were pulling and why, he had been informed that they had captives. This set the half-breed on a curious tangent, captives, how do you keep captives wouldn't they be dangerous? Hell, if he'd been caught he'd probably go out fighting rather than submit and be caught.

He made his way to the small clearing the captives were being herded at, he wanted to get a look at these pests for himself. He was totally unprepared for what awaited him there, he expected to see some lumbering halfwit who was too much of a coward to let themselves be killed and too slow to run away from their idiotic intrusions. No sooner had he made his way into the clearing did he stop in his tracks, his eyes fell on the dark juvenile. He blinked a few times before slowly moving toward the 'captive' This is the big bad intruder? A child? His question was directed more at himself than anyone else.

All thoughts of how these aggressive, xenophobic wolves from the creek could be so obnoxious drained away as he tried to puzzle why a juvenile was a captive here. What are you doing? This one directed at the child-wolf. A question pointed as a parent would ask meaning more "what did you do to end up here you stupid child" than any question at what task she might be doing whilst in captivity.

Actions

Speech

thoughts

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whee!

<style type="text/css">.Summer01 b {color:#587c95, font:12px calibri;}</style>

Summer had found it very difficult to stop thinking about the two wolves his pack had taken captive after the fight. He had only been in Sunspire for a few days when it had happened, and he couldn't help but wonder if there was a chance he had made the wrong decision agreeing to join these wolves. After the incident, a packmate had let little Levi in on the situation and why these things were happening. It had cleared many things up for the young wolf. If he was being honest with himself though, he knew already that he hadn't needed the details to know where his loyalty now lay.

But still... It didn't sit right with him the part he had played in their capture. He had only been obeying orders, but Summer still couldn't help but feel guilty, for the younger wolf in particular. The only consolation he felt was that he had been assured that they would be kept safe. Summer had often spotted Ferdie and Jace keeping a vigilant eye on them day and night. He liked to think that part of it was their desire to make certain no harm came to them, and that that part was greater than their desire to make sure they didn't escape.

Summer knew this because he too could often be found near the den where they were being held captive, just watching and wondering what he was to do about the black hole of guilt that threatened to swallow him from the inside out. He knew what he needed to do, but getting up the courage to do so had taken him some time. But finally, he had just barely managed it.

And so, with a fresh catch of fish dangling from his mouth, Summer approached stiff-legged and too terrified of what he was doing to even be nervous. As he came upon them, he was surprised to find not Jace or Ferdie keeping guard, but another packmate whom he had never before met. His ears shot forward as he listened to him speak to the younger captive, brow furrowing, and his head and tail instinctively (and foolishly) rising. He dropped the two fish he had brought onto the ground and stepped up, that good old Ostrega boldness causing the typically nervous, reserved boy to step up and out of place.

"Hey, you don't have to gawk at her like that," Summer said, eyes narrowed and lips pouted like the naive young boy he really was. No doubt he would quickly realize how dumb he was being and would apolog--oh, yep, there it came. "I mean.. You don't know, maybe... maybe they bite," he added quickly and awkwardly, hoping he had managed to lighten his attitude enough so as not to actually invoke any anger from the older (and much larger) male.

"...you don't want to get bit..." he finished lamely.

</style>
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
It hadn't been long after her capture that Magpie realized that she wasn't in any more danger, though the wounds that had been inflicted upon her were a bitter reminder of her situation. She was simultaneously angry and defeated. There had been attempts to tend to the open wounds on her scruff, where the larger dark female had cut her with teeth. Magpie hadn't let them near her, despite all their reassurances and caring facades. Like their own wolves, she had only been following orders β€” not that her youth should garner her any special treatment, but her captors certainly seemed to treat her like she needed babying.

She often replayed the events in her mind, wishing she had run that first and only chance she had. It was her fault she was in this mess, and Leaf, too β€” she was certain. It never occurred to her that it wasn't acceptable for Fox to have even brought her on such a mission. It was there that her inexperience was apparent, though she spoke nothing. Not even to Leaf, who was suddenly the only friend Magpie had, but also one that the juvenile was too ashamed to speak to or be near. My fault.

There was a shifting of the guards that kept them blockaded in the small clearing, though Magpie wouldn't have tried to escape even if they weren't there. So deep into the heart of the territory, any misguided attempt to flee would likely result in her death. She was young, but not stupid. When the new guard spoke, distaste and scolding both laced in his tone and words, Magpie felt a newfound hate towards these outsiders blossom in her chest. Electric green eyes stared at him dully as she lifted her head from where it rested on her paws, You put me here. What can I do? These were the thoughts that drifted, though she made no effort to communicate them. There was no point.

The juvenile that had been the only wolf of this pack to show some kind of sympathy, some kind of regret for playing a part in her capture, arrived shortly after. He awkwardly defended her, though his words tumbled into a senseless babble about how she might bite. Magpie's eyes drifted towards him briefly, considering offering him a snap of her teeth in mocking β€” but she did nothing but exhale, and return her head to her paws.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

The sudden appearance of the younger male and his brazen attack on Fang's harsh words caused him to falter for a moment, he turned his attention to the mildly familiar youth just in time to hear him mumble about being bitten. He rolled his eyes at the youth, looking back at the dark captive, he seemed almost oblivious to the other captive. A loud heave of a sigh escaped.

What was this? The games of children. A pack war was breaking out, so what's the vain males approach. Steal their young members! Brilliant! That's sure to stare piece. The half-breed was piecing it all together lately. Ferdie, Jace, Fox, they all seemed bent on their own twisted approach to... What exactly? Fang didn't know, and frankly he was beginning to care less. Recruited by vanity to steal children in bitter payback Ag an old insult.

The young captive didn't respond and he couldn't blame her, he lowered to his haunches and shook his head before looking at his child-packmate. I'm sure I've been bitten by worse. He said flatly looking at the freshly caught food with a raised eyebrow he continued. Would seem cruel to come here just to eat in front of them, kiddo. Unless you intended to share with her, I'll make sure she doesn't bite. He indicated with a nod of his head. There was a lot riding on Summers next move, what respect he had left for his so called pack at the moment being the most. Being kind or cruel in youth is a good indication of upbringing. Here's hoping the juvenile was the kind sort.

Speech

thoughts

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
err me gerrd work really needs to ban me from this website Xx;

<style type="text/css">.Summer01 b {color:#587c95, font:12px calibri;}</style>

Summer watched his packmate warily. His frustration was not hard to sense for it dripped off of every move the sterling-coated man made. What frustrated him so, the boy was not certain. The drama between his pack and the Creek was something he did his best not to dwell too hard on. While he had little respect for the girl's alpha who had left her two packmates to be captured by what they clearly considered to be an enemy pack, he would have been very unhappy indeed to come to terms with the fact that his own pack had taken the two creatures hostage at all. He knew what had happened between his leadership and the Creek and could not fault them for this displeasure with their former alpha. But in no way did that give them the right to capture and hold the innocent as leverage in their personal dispute.

But, Summer was Summer. He was young and he did not like to think on these unpleasant things. What he knew was that he looked up to his leadership and would obey them with question only in his mind, not in his words or actions. That did not to him mean that he had to agree, nor that he could not show mercy when they were not looking.

The Demonte-Ostrega frowned slightly at his packmate's comment, even though he was the one who instigated the idea that their captives would show any sort of hostility. "I think I'll risk it," he quipped before he could stop himself. More embarrassed now than ever, he picked up the fish he had brought for the Creek pair and moved them closer to their den. He set it down near the girl and off to her side, then nudged it gently in her direction. "If you want it..." he said gently to her, "But you don't have to.." He looked at her for a moment, then turned to stand parallel to her facing towards the other Sunspire wolf.

"Is it your turn to stand watch?" Summer asked. He didn't seem to have any other reason to be there except to eye the girls bitterly. The young wolf fought the urge to add an extra observation that it didn't appear the he had brought them any sort of token of good will. No doubt his father would have spit out every prickly comment that came to his mind, but Summer was more diplomatic than that, and also with a greater capacity for compassion. Besides, while he was nervous and wary by nature, there was also a large part of him that desired only to trust others. The only way to trust sometimes was to start by giving the benefit of the doubt.

</style>
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
The juvenile set the meal near her head, though Magpie made no move to eat itβ€” or move her head from her paws at all. Instead, her green eyes flashed upwards at Summer, attempting to convey gratitude, though she would not partake. Not even if the older male left. This was her protest; as soon as she accepted help, they would have her. She would be their prisoner forever, even if the help came from a handsome boy that meant her no harm. When the juvenile began speaking of watches, the girl turned her head away and closed her eyes. She pretended to sleep as the Sunspire wolves spoke, until they eventually went to attend to other things and left her be.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!