The Sunspire Call me a party, and get down!!
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
@Summer @Nightingale and Anyone else who wants to join

Ferdie stalked a pair of mountain goat for the better part of the morning. Subtly changing their climb down the mountain; The goat though they knew the mountain better then even Ferdie and knew that soon they would hit something that would help shelter them from a single predator.

The goats retreated into a little forest, Ferdie never realized was here on the mountain side, when they entered the tree line he knew he'd need help, so he gave three short howls for the nearest wolves; He wanted these goat. This small forest was thick with trees making a a full out run hard and a straight even path harder to negotiate. So one wolf could not fit through the trees fast enough to hunt the goat. However if there were more wolves the trees that currently sheltered the goats would be their undoing.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
<style type="text/css">.Summer01 b {color:#587c95, font:12px calibri;}</style>

While the boy had been in Sunspire for a few days, he hadn't yet had the opportunity to spend much time with his alpha. His father would have encouraged him to have forged a bond with this wolf. So, as he often did, he started his day by hunting down and following a packmate. It was unfortunate that his father had been such a failure when it came to social etiquette. To him, stalking others probably would've been actually quite a good tactic for making friends. Yes, Dhani would have been proud simply in the fact that his son had the courage to do it.

It took Summer an embarrassingly long time to realize that Ferdie was hunting. By the time he did, he had nearly ruined the whole thing. Fortunately for them both, Summer was very good at being perfectly inconspicuous. When finally he spotted the goat, he was just about to walk up to his alpha's side to let his presence be known by greeting him verbally. Instead, he approached by moving through the trees a few feet to the man's side in silence. Eyes of bright yellow remained trained upon the side of his alpha's face, waiting for him to realize that he was no longer alone in this hunt.

</style>
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
There are two goats NPC's feel free to control them.

Ferdie had been so caught up in chasing the goats and attempting to herd them he did not notice Summer, though as soon as summer moved through the trees Ferdie grinned wolfishly and nodded.

Get around to the front of them kept them between you and me and then howl drive them this way keep the trees between you and them Ferdie whispered with a hushed tone. in one hand wanting help but in the other hand he could not bare if the young wolf got hurt

The goats felt relatively safe in the trees so they casually moved away from Ferdie gazing on the tree leaves and brush beneath their feet.

Ferdie scooted toward a more open spot, a spot that the pair of goats might run to if they felt threatened, and hunkered down making himself as invisible as possible, hoping that Summer might be to scare them he peeked through the trees watching the scene intently he could almost taste Goat, his mouth began to water

Sometimes you just need to die a little inside in order to be reborn,and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera having only just discovered this pack, and the territory was amazed at all that she had thus far found. The snowy mountain, was beautiful, unimaginably so, although she had yet to call it home only for the fact that could not feel truly AT home while she still had so many to meet.

She was deep in thought, while she was still aware of her surroundings she was more focused on the thought that raced through her mind. But the sound of hooves would pull her rather quickly from her musing. And quickly and quietly as she could Aleera crept over to a near by bush, hmmm... maybe a meal is in order... She would think, she had never tasted mountain goat before, in fact she had only heard stories of them and never seen them, she had no concept of how difficult they were to catch if you were alone.

Although her observation would quickly differ to that of another wolf, this one much younger than herself. She could see that perhaps this young wolf had the same idea in mind as she, perhaps they could work together...Should the wind be in the right direction the scent of Ferdie Von Pelt would be carried to this young ones nose, signifying her as a friend. Quietly so as not to scare or startle the youngster she would walk up beside him, she would say nothing, pleasantries could be communicated at a later date, now they were hunting. She did not know of the plan that was in play, however this young one seemed to have a plan, Aleera would follow his lead seeing as she wasn't starving, should the plan fail she wouldn't die of starvation. Let the youngster gain some hunting experience... She would think with a smirk upon her snout.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
<style type="text/css">.Summer01 b {color:#587c95, font:12px calibri;}</style>

Summer nodded his understanding to his alpha. He wasn't exactly the greatest pack hunter having never really had a pack to hunt with, but his father had done his best to teach him how it was done. The concept of hunting together was rather the same as hunting alone--sneak up on it and kill it. Only this time he had someone else to help him do the killing, which was good because that was the part Summer usually faltered at. The sneaking, though. The sneaking he had down.

The boy's eyes widened in surprise as he noticed the female coming up beside him. She didn't speak a word, but the look upon her face was not one of ill-intent, so he accepted her presence and turned back to the matter at hand.

Summer's anxiety began to cause a racket as he started forward, but he kept his mind as busy as he could by trying to concentrate on every step he took and every move the goats made. They continued to meander innocently even as the predator slowly made a wide circle around them. He stopped only when he could see Ferdie's hiding spot directly behind their shoulders and held still for a few moments, making sure to give the man time to prepare himself for the attack.

Finally, when the anxiety of anticipation had built up too much for him to contain it any longer, Summer threw back his head and howled with all of his might, setting the hunt in motion.

</style>
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie Von Pelt kicked his leg below him, hoping Summer would guide the foolish goat in his direction, but had she seen him? Did she know Summer's ultimate goal? Ferdie's ears were keen as he listened for the goat peereing up keeping his ear slicked back so they would not see him until the last possible second

The pair of goat startled at Summer's howl and darted though the trees in the direction of Ferdie but yet to far to the left they'd need to guided in order to fall into the trap or when they broke the tree line Ferdie would be close enough to gave a decent chase.

Sometimes you just need to die a little inside in order to be reborn,and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera could see the understanding dawn on the youngsters maw, following him slightly behind and to the left of him. Her eyes trained on the goat ahead as her form made to proper adjustments to carry her toward the prey. However she would direct a confused gaze on the young male for his howl, now they knew we were here, what are you thinking? Her look would say, although she had little time to wait for a response as she gave chase through the tree. She did not know of Ferdie Von Pelt's presences within the trees and so would not know where to herd the goat, for this Summer would need to direct her.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie

Summer slung his head back down after the howl to take in the scene. The goat had taken flight, but not exactly in the right direction. He shot a frantic glance at the female who had joined them, but she looked thoroughly confused. He assumed she had missed the plan Ferdie had reviewed with him, which was unfortunate because while Summer had heard him, he was very quick to doubt himself and thus assumed he had probably heard wrong.

"Come on!" he barked at her just before sprinting off after the fleeing creatures. He ran as fast as his gangly legs would carry him, which he was pleased to find was rather quick indeed. "Move them right! Right!" he cried out as he ran in a circle towards their left hand side, trying to let his packmate in on the intent. He didn't have time to consider if his words would be at all helpful to her however, for as he came up a few yards to their side and behind them, he bared his teeth in a loud snarl to frighten them into changing direction.

As the goats veered suddenly to the right to avoid him, he charged right after them, plotting his paths to appear at whatever side he needed to when they moved to far to one side or the other. He hoped his packmate could see by his movements what he was trying to do, but the task at hand was far too important to him to spend too much of his concentration on her. As they came nearer and nearer to the treeline, his thoughts were only of Ferdie, and a fervent prayer that the man would break his cover soon before these goats swerved completely and he lost them.

</style>
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
did you want to use dice rolls or just paragraph,
if we are dice rolling I will wait until my next post to roll if Ferdie landed the goat,

or if we are going with the paragraph on of you guys can say if Ferdie connects with it or misses or I will what ever :D

The goat didn't pass directly over him but hey were so close. His hind feet dug into the earth and his muscles bunched in his hind quarters setting off a ripple that lifted his front end off the ground and propelled himself at the nearest Goat's head, though at that speed he'd likely hit the shoulder of somewhere behind those deadly horns

The Second Goat bleated in fear and turned on it haunchs to bolt unfortunately it conencted solidly with a tree in it's path. The goat then leapt sideways and tried to dart back through the trees slowed up disorientated and running toward the wolves it was running from in the first place

The Second

84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
sorry for the last reply. I unfortunately am not familiar with the dice method... But if you want to go that route I can re-post. For now I'll just go by paragraph.

Aleera headed the call from the younger wolf who ran along side her. Trying to veer the goats to the right. Slightly behind her pack-mate, Aleera followed his lead, chasing them toward the trees, although she still had no idea why. As the made there way into the trees however, the sight of Ferdie Von Pelt reveled the plan to her, with a smirk on her maw she watched as the Alpha connected with the animal, only to see it rear it hind legs bucking, trying to free itself. She was quickly distracted by the onslaught of the other goat, it looked somewhat dazed and confused. She thought better than to try and grab it, it would take more than one wolf to succeed, with only three of them there was a very slim chance that a second goat could be brought down. Instead she snapped at the creature alerting it of her presence causing it to jump away, frightened of the ferocious wolves it now found itself among. Refocusing her efforts on the goat Ferdie was dealing with, springing forward to aide in whatever way she could think off.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I'll roll to see if it escapes on my next post. Whee! I finally figured out dice rolls!!

Summer took in the entire scene as best as he could as he ran. When Ferdie burst free of hiding, he slowed slightly to give himself time to decide how to act. The unknown packmate continued forward at top speed to take down the goat with their alpha, leaving the other creature to stagger off on its own. Summer watched as it crashed into the trees and faltered. Instinct took its toll on the boy then and he put on a burst of speed as he changed his direction and went after the injured creature.

The goat, in its confusion was launching itself unknowingly straight at Summer. As the young wolf approached, the creature seemed to catch itself and tried to turn. Its hooves scraped uselessly against the ground as it lost its footing again and fell. The boy felt like his muscles were bursting with adrenaline as he struggled to push for more speed, desperate to grab it before it pulled itself back up and bolted again...

Dice Roll: 7 (3+ Success)

Summer leaped as the distance was closed, and while the goat was scrambling to get up again, he connected. He claws sank into its sides while his jaws latched onto the back of its neck. The creature bleated with terror and began to thrash, Summer clinging desperately in hopes of bringing it to the ground.

</style>
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie connected solidly with the first Goat's shoulder but there was not much to hold onto. Bone did not make for good purchase. The goat began to flail around in a circle and Ferdie with it. there was no way Ferdie could readjust without loosing the goat if he were alone he'd have to wait out the goat and tire it luckily he was not alone and a throat grab would be easy while the goat aimed it's horns at Ferdie trying to dislodge him, Spinning like a drunk bull.

Ferdie had no idea Summer was attempting the other Goat alone Aleera would have to make a choice on who to help

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie

Success: 3+

Whoo! *slapping on ending*

The goat was a determined fellow, but unfortunately for him, Summer was just as if not more--plus, he had teeth and claws to boot. The poor creature flailed as hard as it could, but in the end it stumbled and fell. The boy released his hold as he and the goat came crashing to the ground, only for a few seconds though as he realigned himself and doze back in for the kill. He felt the creature's blood flood over his teeth and tongue, growling with satisfaction as the remainder of its life leaked out with it.

Further away, Aleera and Ferdie were taking down their own prize, but Summer paid them little mind as he stood triumphant over his own. He ought to have been nervous about beginning to eat before the approval of his alpha, but a power rose up in the anxious young wolf and he dug in regardless of what Ferdie or any other pack member would have said at that moment. Later, he would back away and allow Ferdie and Aleera to eat first, them being higher ranked than he. But he would wonder on that strange feeling in those few moments he had the kill all to himself--in those few moments when he had been king.

</style>