Hoshor Plains mal de ojo
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Private 

This was a scheme, Dulce decided. It was an elaborate scheme put into place by the gods of fate to as a final ploy to convince her that submission could be something more than a ten letter word for blind-eyed compliance. All of these chance encounters had happened all so that she would ideally begin to realize that there might be more to life than the wild and settle into the life of a domestic. The very thought of settling into a pack beneath the sole leadership of a fool as weak as Evergreen with wolves as incompetent as his puppets made Dulce sick.

It should be noted that these thoughts were the after effect of a fit of drowsy rage. You see, after travelling further inland from the ravine, she'd decided to find a spot to settle for the early evening. Things were going just as planned until a curious fox kit found itself tugging at the tender skin just behind her thigh. Dulce leapt awake, snapping back at whatever the offender happened to be. It only took a second for her to realize that her offender was a child; figuring that she had to preserve what morals she had left, there was nothing that she could do from that point but get up and walk away.

In fact, Dulce walked so far that she ended up in the plains just beside Blackfeather. Quite the trek for a scout as fatigued as she was.
spanish english
hover for translations!
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Flicker decided snooping was for the order of the day. She’d waywardly told Damien that she’d stay away and she did. Within reason. The towering peaks of the cowards' fortress tipped the sky in the distance. Always just in sight. She kept low in the summer grass, appearing as nothing more than a fox from a distance. The camouflage of a sly creature such as that seemed fitting. 

In the debilitated rise of dawn, a wolf trudged through the meadow, seemingly disgruntled. Flicker halted, watching like a lioness. Once she realised this figure, perhaps six large paces away, was one she didn’t recognise, she stood. 
She was looking for a spy after all. 

“Howdy” she called out; hoping to grab the attention of her new information source. “What’s yer name?” She decided it was best not to throw too many questions at the woman, just in case she wasn’t open to this confrontation. Though Flicker decided she could probably reel her in with the promise of adventure.
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
With an agitated glare, Dulce gave a quick turn of her head to try and find the source of the sound. Upon finding it to be a wolf and not some other malicious vermin, she loosened her gaze enough to be more quasi-welcoming. The past few days hadn't given her much luck with strangers so she was justifiably suspicious. Hello stranger, was her simple reply. It would be a while before she felt comfortable giving out something as personal as her name. You scared me a little. Dulce waited in silence to see how the russet offcomer might reply.
spanish english
hover for translations!
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Ah. Well, Flicker was known, at least in her land, for being very sneaky and rather abrupt. 
"Apologies." So, she was scared. And cautious, by the way of stranger had been bestowed on herself.
No worries, she'd just have to be upbeat and show she wanted not much.
Not much at all.

"Name's Quen." The lie rolled off her tongue seamlessly. Better to have a fake name, should she ever be caught. It might just save her life. She didn't move closer lest some of her scent rubbed off on the other. She needed to be a clean and unmarred slate for the job. Any suspicion that she was sent by a Melonii member would be bad. Very, very bad.
"I need someone to me my eyes and ears over there," she didn't bother loitering around now. She tipped her muzzle in the direction of Blackfeather. "Think you'd be up for it?"
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
It felt like a trap. The request had been made too easily, too swiftly; it was as though Quen was reciting a script given to a puppet by its master. Dulce stayed stiff, still suspicious of the situation, but figured that it wouldn't hurt to humor the idea. The motion toward Blackfeather was clear. Her eyes followed, though she was careful not to reveal that it would be her next destination. Why me? she asked, curious as to what had peaked Quen's interest. Had it been her demeanor, the esteem with which she carried herself, or was she just the first unlucky stranger to pass by?

What will you give me? was the next question. One wolf — the wolf, of those woods had already given Dulce a mission to complete. Granted, the only payment she would receive from Maegi was membership and she'd already gotten that from someone else. It was more so a matter of answering if the reward would outweigh the risk; if she was to get caught up in the middle of another Blackfeather mess, would her benefit cancel out the obvious danger?
spanish english
hover for translations!
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She thought for a moment. She could negotiate with Damien an alliance with whatever pack this wolf chose if she was already in one. So long as it wasn't Moonspear, though she'd recognise the scent of those dogs from miles away. 
"Immunity from the Melonii. An alliance, if you please." It may be something this wolf would be interested in, especially if she was new to a pack. Or it may allow easy access to one. Either way, Flicker would deem it a good trade. It wasn't like she was asking for her to go inside the woods and pantomime as a member. Just perhaps talk with a few of them, make friends. Get on the good side.

"Feel free to put anything on the table." She sat, entertaining a small smile for the woman who, to her credit, was rather good. Taking this in her stride and making sure she wasn't left on the underhand. "Of course, I trust you have a neutral relationship with them." Her gaze turned sharper, daring her to give away any detail that she may be a snitch. 
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
The offer was a good one, something that Dulce could work with. Kaistleoki was new so an alliance with another pack could only prove beneficial, not to mention the promotion that would likely come from it. The Melonii, you don't like Blackfeather, no? That might cause some issues down the line, but they weren't there yet. Whatever would come from striking this deal would have to be a problem for another day.

I have a pack so this alliance is good. There was no point to offering one in return since they were still finding their footing. Nonetheless, she gave Quen a nod of her head, as if to signify that them working together would make all things mutual. It didn't seem that this was all her companion was willing to offer. The table was laid open and Dulce was admittedly intrigued. I do this for you, I might need you to do something for me. Not now, but maybe later. 

Dulce gave another half nod of her head, pairing with a soft beat of her tail. I'm doing a favor for one of them. It's a job, like this. It wasn't exactly the same, as a manhunt was somewhat different from a spy gig, but they both required the same secretive characteristic. What do you want from them? Unlike last time, their playing field was even; the young rogue knew better than to mindlessly accept the task without fishing through the fine lines.
spanish english
hover for translations!
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Flicker tipped an ear, making sure someone wasn't creeping around too.
"They took the woods unrightfully from them," she spoke as if she wasn't one of them. Hoped that it seemed that way. 
Her having a pack was good, too. Gave her reward leverage. She listened on. Thinking.

"I will owe you a favour in exchange for details of the task you were set and from whom." Sounded fair, hm. Though to Flicker, it was invaluable. If it was a pack member, it would be useful for Damien to know. If it was herself, then she'd better keep herself out of trouble.
"I want to know if they're thinking of setting wat against the Melonii. I want to know their numbers and who's the strongest. If you're good, you might even find out how many whelps they've had this year."
Give her something to strive for. Suggest she might not be good but give a task in reach. Something to give drive to her. Flicker had no doubt she'd be good if she already had ties. 
She watched for a reaction then waited to be told of this job she was given.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
It made sense to Dulce that Quen might want to keep the details of her being in secret. If she wasn't a part of these Melonii then it wouldn't have made sense for her to be in such a situation as to employ someone to do their dirty work. Knowing that she was guilty of keeping the same secrets, Dulce didn't question it. I can do that. She wasn't entirely sure that she could, really, but if things went as she was hoping they would, she had a decent chance.

The two of them didn't have much reason to trust in one another, but she thought that it might be best that way. For all that they knew, they could have both been lying this entire time, but letting that cat out of the bag wouldn't have done anything but harm. I go there now to check on something, she continued with a sigh, eyes squinting as she squared in on Quen's gaze, It might take me a while to get what you want. Where do we meet?
spanish english
hover for translations!
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
So, this woman wasn't ready to give up information about this task. Her gaze narrowed as if trying to see behind those closed doors. Either way, it was no matter. She could work it from her.
Time. It was her best tool.

"Of course," she concluded. Standing. "I do not need you to pry everything from them now. Patience is key in this work." She could easily come back on updates. It would be beneficial to not arouse suspicion. 
"After this meeting you have there, you can meet me at the lakeside. I have the day." She grinned, glad to have a new accomplice at her disposal. Easy. Well, for her at least. She only had to sit back and hope her spy wouldn't be found. No matter though, she'd be perfectly safe. Hopefully. 
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
It's short cause I ran out of brain material LOL

That seemed to be it, then. Two strangers, now connected through the wide embrace of con artistry. Dulce gave a polite tip of her head as a way to bid farewell to her new employer before turning and continuing on her way.
spanish english
hover for translations!