Whitewater Gorge Way Down We Go
133 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Hoping to use for a scout thread
It felt like all he did was leave the territory now, but then again what he did was beneficial for the pack still. He might not be filling caches or actively patrolling the borders, but he was learning. Learning about what laid beyond their safe haven. If there were dangers nearby it was better to know right?

This time the cowboy had fully intended on sticking to a normal border patrol, but he ended up following the river out of Kaistleoki. He wasn't expecting much of it, but soon the sound of water grew louder as the river opened up to a large chasm below. It was a good thing he was paying attention because the ground nearly dropped before his paws. Well that's no good...
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
24 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman had followed Coven about and had decided to go ahead. Or maybe she was late. She didn't know. Either way, she could see a young lad ahead and was intrigued by what he was looking at. 
She didn't see any harm in trotting up and seeing what he was looking at. Surely it was just the river, right? A loud river, probably a high bank.
She chuffed in greeting, trotting up and slowing. She was a couple of feet away, looking down into the much deeper chasm. 

She didn't hear what he said but came out with her own comment of "Oh damn."
133 Posts
Ooc —
Thanks for joining! Fair warning I leave for a cruise tomorrow so unless this thread is finished by then expect a long wait :(
Tobias almost did not register the chuff thanks to the roaring chasm, but he did catch the woman's comment. A boisterous laugh erupted from him as he took a step back, 'Bout took the words out of my mouth, Ma'am. A grin spread across his face as he turned to his company. M'name's Tobias, you live around here? He motioned with his head to a little ways away, just far enough that they could speak without yelling over the water's roar.Why don't we move somewhere with a bit less ruckus?
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
24 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
I'm free to spree if you want, no problem if we don't finish anyway <3
Despite her caution, she still seemed to have slightly startled him. No bother, she thought. He didn't fall in nor attack her. She grinned, a soft and probably inaudible laugh came from her. 
 Her ears cupped forward in ernest, just about catching his words.
She shook her head, she'd only just got here and didn't know if they'd be staying yet. "Name's Henwen."

She nodded to his latter question, a grin on her face. She thought he talked funny. When they could talk easier, she asked him her own question, "Where do you live?" PShe could catch the mingled scents from him that signaled his a pack wolf.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Works for me!
The woman smiled at him only causing his grin to grow. Storing her name in his head he led her away so they could properly talk. Just upstream in a pack that recently formed. Nice people, pretty location. I'll be stayin' for a while. Truth be told he had no idea if he would be around in the months to come, he had traveled a lot and never really sat in a place for long.

Henwen claimed she wasn't around here nor did she have lingering scents. So if you're not from these parts, where are ya from? Was she looking for a home? Maybe she was like him and just liked to move around.
24 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She shrugged.
"I come from nowhere really. Grew up in an insignificant place and kept moving with the coven." She wondered what his home looked like. It surely would be pretty if it bordered along this river and had a view of those distant mountains. "The Nordlings, I travel with them."
It wouldn't hurt to give him the coven's name.

"So, you just scouting this gorge, eh?" Her emerald eyes sparkled with freshness. She'd been glad to get on the road and hadn't seen a gorge for a while. It was magnificent. They all were.
133 Posts
Ooc —
A coven? That was new, he wasn't aware of any groups like that around here. These Nordlings she traveled with could be new to the area. Weird that he didn't pick up their scent at first, but maybe the river threw him off. I see. You'd be correct. I've made it a personal goal to see the land around Kaistleoki for any dangers and potential land markers.

So far there hasn't been anything too bad, but if any kids were to play in the river they would need an adult watching. The last thing anyone wanted was a pup fallin into the depths of the chasm.Have you seen anythin' nearby worth noting?
24 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She admired his passion for his pack and his desire to travel. She didn't like traveling much and only did because of the Nordlings and, well, last time it was necessary. "You'd be doing good at being a guardian then, looking out for your pack like that." The firey woman hadn't had a good spar for a while, though she wasn't really looking for one today.

She thought for a moment. She'd not seen anything noteworthy so: "No. But anything can come up so always being on guard is ideal." She grinned, knowing full well that family was important to most. The Nordlings were her family. "Looks like the only danger 'round here is this gorge." Indeed, a careless or young wolf can easily fall to their deaths here.
133 Posts
Ooc —
"You'd be doing good at being a guardian then"

The cowboy thought this over for a moment but ultimately shook his head in disagreement. He could fight if he had to, but it wasn't really in his blood to be a warrior of sorts. He preferred talking and going on adventures. I'll leave the fightin' to other men. I'm more of an open record.

Henwen denied seeing anything worthwhile, aside from the gorge of course, but he could check that off his list. He would just have to continue on to take a look for himself, sometimes if you aren't lookin' ya miss stuff, like that cave he and Evergreen explored. So it appears. I should probably carry on and report my findings to the Council. If you uh, are ever lookin' for a place to settle you and your friends should take a look upstream. The man who founded Kaistleoki is awfully friendly.
24 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She raised a brow slightly -- a micro-movement of her face really. She guessed some were too kind-hearted for it. Though, a lot of it was telling weirdos who wandered too close to screw off and pissing everywhere. She chuckled softly, "Whatever suits you I guess, adventurer. May Liluani and Nehaleni smile on you." 
He almost certainly didn't know who they were, but she'd be happy to teach him. If they could help him stay safe on his travels, then so be it. 
She trusted the deities fully.
133 Posts
Ooc —
I see you're now inactive/away! This can be the last post from me maybe we can have another thread when you're back!

The woman seemed to bless him with some sort of deities, names he had never heard before but held much interest to know more. As he said though, he should be getting back. Perhaps he could find out more about her religion at a later date, especially if she visited. Thank ya kindly, darlin'. If we cross paths again I'd like to hear more about...Liluanee and Nehaleny? As a born story teller, it was practically his job to at least ask about the religions and folklore others carried with them. If not for himself, then for others when he repeated the tales later on.
24 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She grinned and nodded. She loved to tell stories, especially of her religion. She thought many others should at least know of the Nordlings even if they didn't believe. The deities would still listen to their prayers.

"Of course, whenever we meet again. I'd be glad to teach you of the Nordlings; my religion." She grinned, her tail waving softly. She'd certainly travel, likely with the coven. Perhaps she could convince others to follow or get Tobias to join her. Or let him help to spread the word. Either way, she liked telling stories.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Thanks for the thread! short post

He grinned excited for the opportunity once they crossed paths again. Then until next time. Dipping his head in farewell, the cowboy would turn to head back towards his pack and report what he had found.