At the end of a line, far far away.
<span [color=#FF4500]
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:blink;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:FF0033;">A world without F i r e
is one without G r a c e</span>
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
It was hard being a part of a newly forming pack, every still seemed to be finding their place. For Daenerys it was no different. She still had yet to meet her 11 other pack members. Hopefully the first impressions will go smoother than what happened with Turq In some ways Daenerys wanted to run back home and rejoin her birth pack. This was almost all too much to handle in such a short amount of time. At the same time she wanted to prove everyone wrong, that she could make it alone. That she could survive and thrive in another pack.

Daenerys found herself wandering around her packs territory. Sticking mainly to the forests because that's where she felt most at home, and guarded. This new territory was interesting. Tall, looming trees, with rich forests. Daenerys hadn't forgotten about the spar that she had early and her wound that resulted from it, a small slash on her neck. I need to find a place to clean this up so I don't look so bad to the other wolves

After wandering around the territory for a bit Dany stumbled upon a small rain filled puddle. The water looked clean enough so Daenerys akwardly got down to place the wounded part of her neck in the water. This would be way easier if mother was around She continued to wash her fur till it felt like all the blood was off.
<font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#20CC6D; line-height:11px;"><i>wires got the best of him.</i></font><br><font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; color:black; letter-spacing:3px; line-height:11px;">yo ho ho & a bottle of rum.</font>
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
The ebony leader was beginning to grow restless in his own territory – he knew there was nothing stopping him from going on day trips outside of Neverwinter, but the hybrid felt as though he should keep a watchful eye on the newest members of his crew. He was still struggling with remembering all their names and figured that he should be more acquainted with the canines who called him their Captain. The encounters where they had been accepted into the pack had been brief and to the point, but Styx knew there was much more to learn about the individuals that made up his growing pack.
He was still in shock to find that so many were attracted to what he had believed was a ridiculous idea. When Katrina had mentioned that he should form a pack – with her at his side – he had honestly thought that the strange, silver-eyed female was insane. Since birth, even though he had spent the first year of his life with his mother and siblings, the slender male had been considered a loner. She had pushed the nomad lifestyle onto her children, and Styx (out of the three) had been the only one to fully embrace it. When it was time for them to separate his siblings had left together, as they were frightened of what was to come next. Styx, on the other paw, had left without a single glance back – being on his own was what he was good at, not being part of a pack.
A frown had settled across his dark lips as his thoughts consumed him; there was no turning back now, unless another attempted to challenge his position. He was now a leader of a pack and could not abandon the canines that sought refuge among Neverwinter’s ranks. A sigh rolled off his tongue as he caught scent of one of the newer members, his brows narrowing as he pinpointed her location. With a roll of his shoulders the hybrid maneuvered through the trees to close the distance between them, head held high as he spotted the pale female.
It seemed as though the female – whose name had temporarily slipped his mind – had encountered another member of his pack, Turquoise. Her scent was strong on the pelt of the Sigma before him, paired with the coppery stench of… blood? The frown that had made its home across his dark lips did not budge as he adopted a perplexed expression. The female had managed to rid herself of the blood that had previously marked her coat, but the scent was still there – it was too strong to miss. “Did something happen that I should be aware of?” He uttered no greeting as the Captain wanted to get straight to the point – he did not want his members fighting among each other.

<span [color=#FF4500]
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:blink;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:FF0033;">A world without F i r e
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Deanerys shouldn't have expected to be alone in this forest. Especially when she knew her pack mates, and loners were around. Seeing the pack alpha, alone, was something Dany never thought were happen. When the male approached hershe didn't know how to respond. I don't want to get Turq to get in trouble. Daenerys best bet as to tell a lie.

"Oh nothing, just a wolverine vicious little things eh?" Dany was hoping the alpha would believe this, it would keep her and Turq out of trouble.
<font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#20CC6D; line-height:11px;"><i>wires got the best of him.</i></font><br><font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; color:black; letter-spacing:3px; line-height:11px;">yo ho ho & a bottle of rum.</font>
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
sorry for taking so long to respond! school just started up :c
While Styx was a typical, hot-headed male he was not at all stupid. He often seemed as though he were, as either he would say something stupid or not say anything at all, he was far from it. And for this strange-eyed female before him to assume he was stupid and lie to him was an insult. He was the Captain – he could easily send her running with her tail curled up between her legs, and she thought it was a brilliant idea to lie to him? His upper lip curled as she spoke, brows narrowed as he pressed his tongue to the roof of his mouth in order to calm himself down. Surely there was a completely logical reason that she was lying to him – Styx Constantin prayed that she wasn’t a complete moron. He would not tolerate idiocy in his pack.
“You’re lying,” he snapped quickly in response, unable to withhold his thoughts any longer. He was obviously annoyed as his large, pointed ears stretched taller while his tail curled high above his hindquarters, his position dripping with dominance. “You should not lie,” he stated after a brief pause, his lip still curled in annoyance. “Tell me the truth. How were you injured.” It was not a question, but a demand. He took a step forward, his chest raised as he awaited a proper response.

<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
No worries(: ik the feeling!

Daenerys didnt mean to insult the alpha by lying to him. She was trying to protect Turq from any punishment. The reaction the male gave wasn't expected. His dominate position sent Dany into one of her own. Dany quickly remember that he was alpha and got lower to the ground. She tried to brush off her dominate act.

"I am sorry for lying. I just don't want anyone punished." Dany rose from her position near the ground. Please keep Turq out of this

"Well see sir, Turq and I were doing some friendly sparring and she just nipped me a bit, but please leave her out of this. If you are going to punish someone punish me."
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
There were many aspects of his life that had changed (dramatically) after agreeing to start up a pack with the silver-eyed Kat. His former nomad life was abandoned, and now he was embracing this new one where he was surrounded by others – something that the coywolf had never experienced. During puppyhood, he had grown with only his mother and two siblings present; there had never been more than the four of them. Once his mother sent him and his siblings way, the yearling had remained on his own and, until meeting Kat, had wanted to continue doing so.
Due to his personality being so contradictive it was rather easy for the new leader to flip a switch and adopt a completely different persona. It was especially useful for situations like this, where he would have to go from good cop to bad cop in a blink of an eye. Styx didn’t particularly enjoy being mean – being snarky was completely different, and that was something that the hybrid did enjoy – but it would be necessary as a pack leader. If he was nice all the time he was bound to have another attempt to challenge his position, or try to start some sort of uprising.
“Nobody’s going to be punished,” he started with a thin frown, seafoam eyes studying the pale female as she explained the sparring incident with Turquoise, the pack’s Gunner. He expected his crew to practice sparring among each other – unless Turq intended on hurting Daenerys there was no reason for the Captain to be concerned. “It was harmless sparring – accidents are going to happen. Do not lie to me again, Daenerys. If something happens in my pack I want to know about it.” He was confused as to why the blue-eyed female would even think that lying had been the right thing to do – especially to the Alpha. Lying to another was fine and dandy, but not the one who has the power to exile members from the pack. “If it was as ‘friendly’ as you say, there was no reason you should have lied to me.”
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Dany used lying as a way to save the wolves around her from harm. Being a more dominate wolf made her do this quite often, but in doing so this time she had a mark on the alphas list. She was loyal to him and now she had to prove it to him. She just didn't know how, gaining trust is harder than losing it. She just hoped she hadn't lost it all.

"I am sorry, I know I shouldn't have lied to you but I just wanted to protect Turq from punishment." Daenerys thought of her parents and how they ruled. They ruled with what some would call an iron fist. Any fighting within pack members was forbidden. If a spar was to take place I was to the death, ether you win or you die. Fights because of that were few and far between.

"I am loyal to you sir, I will tell the truth from now on. I didn't mean to offend you if I did. I am just cautious with alphas that is all." Dany tried to look as submissive as possible. She kept low to the ground until she could figure out how he would react. She was in intimidity about his next move but tried not to show it. The scent of fear still seeped from her pale fur.
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
Her reaction was precisely what the long-limbed Alpha had been hoping to achieve – her body was nearly squished against the earth, apologetic words dripping off her tongue as she declared her loyalty to him. It was strange for the mutt to have others submitting to him – their stomachs brushing the ground and ears flattened to their skull – but it was something that he was slowly getting used to. The pack was still fresh so there was going to be a few hiccups in the weeks after Neverwinter’s formation – especially with an inexperienced pair like himself and Kat. However, the hybrid was determined to succeed – and with Kat’s help he knew that they would.
“I accept your apology, Daenerys, and I understand why you did what you did. Just know, if it happens again I will not be so lenient,” he responded firmly, the top of his maw wrinkled as he kept his bright, seafoam gaze focused on the pale female. Her final comment spiked his curiosity, causing his head to cock to one side as he decided whether to ask about it or not. Choosing the former, the yearling allowed a question to fall off his tongue before he could change his mind: “Why is it that you’re cautious of Alpha’s?” Like a sponge, the pale female before him had soaked up his attention as the youth patiently awaited her response.

<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Daenerys watched Styx. He seemed to gain pride from her being submissive and that's what she was aiming for. Better to keep the leader happy and prideful than angry and hurt. She slowly rose her body from the position it was at before, crouched and low to the ground. He allowed her a pass this time "Thank you sir, I swear by Luna it won't happen again."

She watched as his head tilted to the side, he was curious about something. She found herself being intrigued on what he was questioning. Then she knew. As he asked her why she was cautious with alphas she knew her past pack affiliation would be brought up. She wasn't too excited to explain that to her new alpha. Dany sat on her hackles and lifted her head to meet his eye. "My parents were my alphas before, they were exmemely strict. This new freedom I had got to my head and I did not know if you were like them." Sharing her past with someone she didn't feel connected to was something new. Styx seemed like a distance leader not a friend to her. She was nervous on how he would react.
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
He comment caused a frown to reappear across his maw – what did she mean by that? Like them? Frustrated, the lanky hybrid curled his tail, bright gaze focused on her pale coat as he carefully selected his next choice of words. The comment had not been necessary, especially they had just gotten over another hurdle. A pointed ear flicked in annoyance as he shifted his weight, claws digging into the soft dirt beneath them. “I can assure you I am nothing like your parents,” he started, speaking through his teeth as his gaze did not waver from the pale female. “I don’t ask for much, just respect and for rules to be followed. Just as any Alpha would.” Styx Constantin didn’t understand how he, a gypsy by blood, could resemble anything remotely similar to strict.
“I understand your parents may have been strict as Alpha’s, but do not associate me with them.” With that the boy nodded softly, almost to himself, as he waited for her response.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Deanerys could see the young male had taken her comment as an insult. It wasn't meant to be one, there was nothing wrong with being strict in fact... It was better. An alpha is meant or have control and a certain firmness is required for that. "It wasn't meant as an insult sir." She flicted her tail. "Being strict isn't a bad thing, control is needed if you are to succeed as an alpha." She rested her hackles on the ground trying not to lose her temper at him.

Now she was just upset that he couldn't see she wasn't trying to degrade him. He stood bravely in front of her pride emulating from his very being. "My parents were...are great alphas. As a young wolf in your position id try harder to be like them you can learn a lot from elders you know." She had not mean to come off as snarky but she felt her choice of words made it that way, she had only hoped now he hadn't taken it as disrespect.
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
She was confusing – the hybrid found it difficult to decipher whether she was insulting him or praising him, which left him feeling like a buffoon. With the initial conflict at the start of their conversation Styx had taken her comment the wrong way, but he also had been unsure of what she had meant by it. He had been under the assumption that she had felt negatively about how strict her parents had been, which was why the youth had thought she was insulting him. A frown creased his maw as she spoke; now he wasn’t sure how to respond. Her final comment sounded like an insult, but the youth did not want to assume and snap back at her with vinegar dripping off his words. As a loner he made sure that those he crossed paths with did not like him, but now that he was a leader of a pack – and wanted it to thrive – he needed to have his crew like and respect him. If they didn’t he knew that Neverwinter would fail, and Styx certainly did not want that to happen. “Sorry for the miscommunication,” he responded after a long pause, his seafoam eyes focused on the female’s pale figure as he spoke. “If they were great alpha’s why did you leave?” He was curious, but was also desperate for a change of topic as he wanted to avoid any more miscommunication.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
The time it took for Styx to reply to her comment made her feel uneasy. He just sat and look at her as he processed what she had said. Most wolves that she had encountered would have been quick to anger after a comment like hers. The alpha keep whatever emotion he had on the inside and promptly apologized for the miscommunication.

The apology had Dany stunned and it took her a moment to understand the question he proposed soon after. 'Why did I leave the pack he says, HA,' Dany said to herself. After pondering his question for a moment Dany responded. "Well why does the bird fly from the comfort of the nest? I just felt the need to leave." Dany assumed this answer was adiquate but just in case she added "There really was no reason in particular. I just did what my instincts said to do."
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
Nodding in understanding at her response the boy allowed his gaze to trail away from her pale form and study the coniferous trees that surrounded them. He felt secure here, hidden among the seemingly endless supply of trees — he just hoped the members of his pack felt the same way. Styx was happy here, but how the rest of his crew felt was equally as important. "Are you happier here than you were there?" He asked suddenly after refocusing his attention to Dany, his head cocked slightly to one side. After a pause settled between them the mutt also realized that the pale female had not expressed any interested in the co-ranks that were available — with some members of Neverwinter disappearing, more positions were opening up that had previously belonged to a former member. "Are they any co-ranks that interest you, Dany?"
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Dany watched the alpha move his gaze towards the trees surrounding them. She too turned her head and pondered the question he proposed. Was she happy there? "Yes of course I'm happy here, why wouldn't I be?" She made eye contact with him while she said it. Trying to prove her point.

After he asked what co-rank interested her she thought for a bit. She truly didn't know what interested her. After being in the pack for a while she should have guessed he would ask. "Well honestly I don't care, I'll serve the pack anyway. Styx you can choose my co-rank, what would fit me best" She announced.
set by sophie
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
wrap this up with your next post? :)

“Just making sure,” he responded quickly to her comment, a soft chuckle forming around his words. “It’s important that all members of the pack are happy.” The shadow pirate did not elaborate further as he felt as though it was not necessary – the leaders of a pack are key to its success, but so are its members. If the members are unhappy then the pack will eventually fall apart – the long-limbed Captain did not want that to happen to his band of pirates.

A soft frown tugged at his lips as she answered his question, his head cocked to one side as he studied the pale female for a moment. There were several roles that he believed would suit the yellow-eyed girl, but he didn’t know her well enough to choose the one appropriate for her strengths. “How about,” he started before pausing briefly, his bright gaze focused on her yellow orbs as he spoke, “you think it over and let me know what you decide. I should be on my way, though – I’ll see you soon.” With a soft wag of his tail the Captain paused for a response before disappearing into the shadows of the trees.