Stavanger Bay Killing me softly
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I guess i'll set this before the thread with the cougar since it's not finished yet.

Thistle walked softly across the ground, her argument with Nerian still in the back of her mind. Granted yes they had fixed everything that was wrong, but now she couldn't get the fact that she felt hated and selfish just from a few words. She needed to speak with Nerian soon, but first she needed to work the circles from her mind that went round and round and round. She had not spoken to really anyone recently other than Surra preferring her own company than that of those she called family. She did not think anyone would really mind.

Soft paws left tiny footfalls as she followed behind Tveir and his antics. He was fine she could see him he played in the clearing while she walked, they had a morning jaunt by the beach and now she was fairly certain he would nap with the others, who were off on adventures of their own with respective members of the pack. She tilted her head tawny ears dipped in dark chocolate as she listened to the wind that sung among the treetops and danced on the breeze. She smiled to herself though she was conflicted hse was happy she had made a new friend, she hoped would be a good one in the slave maiden, but first her husband needed to set her free he needed ot rectify that immediately it wasn't fair.

As azure blue eyes looked to the sky as she continued her slow ramble towards the den site and her precious gifts.
<font=Georgia><color="B6B6B4"> run rabbit run </font </font>
40 Posts
Ooc — Taco
As a gesture of concession for her sudden absence Chrysanthemum had resolved to collect a few medicinal devices on Nerian's behalf. She had intended the gesture as a pleasant surprise, but the task had proven miserably difficult. Without guidance, the unwise puppy had relied on random selection -which rendered her an odd bouquet of; weeds, flowers and leaves. By her judgement it was unlike anything that the herbalist had ever collected in their den, but she resolved that there was something to be said for its erm -uniqueness.

Doing her best not to damage the accumulated present, Chrys strode carefully on her way back to their home. By her reasoning Nerian was probably out gathering real stocks to care for her eye, so there was no real rush in beating her there.

Coming around a fold in the foliage though Chrysanthemum was distracted by a bit of rustling. As always her heart cinched and her ears filled with a torrent of blood as she irrationally guessed Bughuul to be the culprit. However seconds later a smaller fuzzy body trotted by in something of a split and the young wolf was enticed to look closer. It wasn't a fawn but what was it? Following her pointed nose after the thing, Chrys was unaware of its already trailing mother. So much so that she could have crashed shoulders with Thistle as she fumbled her bouquet and tripped onto their course.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle saw the girl coming towards her and was just about blindsided when the girl almost ran into her. She held a strange assortment of plants in her maw and Thistle wondered at it, but kept her words to herself as she side stepped to avoid getting mowed down.

Thistle chuffed softly at the girl thinking this must be the one in Nerian's care. She had been a bit put off that Ragnar had given a sick wolf i Nerian's care, but had realized quickly she was being petty and pushed that offending thought far far away, besides Nerian could heal to couldn't she it wasn't like Thistle owned that right.
40 Posts
Ooc — Taco
As she tumbled a few stems splintered between her teeth and a bitter serum dribbled down her chin. She really was a mess -viscid face, sprawled legs and all. Collecting herself gradually, Chrys first stood and then shimmied her vanilla fur. Damn useless eye, she cursed to herself before abruptly remembering the adult.

Whisking her attention towards the woman Chrys looked her over for a moment and then questioned. "Sorry about that, you alright? I just -I thought I saw something." She wasn't sure how to describe the momentary sighting so she didn't try. Instead, she craned her neck to confirm the ruin of her collection. Sniffing over the disaster, Chrys damned herself further. There was no way that she'd be able to recreate the event today. Now it would just have to wait.

Returning to her full height with a sigh, she had anticipated some sort of conversation from her elder. However, before the other could begin, Chrys was distracted by an unusual amount of motion behind her. Craning her head so that she might see better, the juvenile took a step forward and -ah there it was again. Swaying her tail automatically, she chuffed at the miniature wolf before retracting. "...Is that yours?" Obviously Bughuul hadn't bothered with an explanation of exactly what a puppy was.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle gasped as the girl fell and ghosted forwards to try and help where she could Oh my goodness are you okay? Good thing those plants weren't poisonous could have been bad for you. Thistle sniffed at the stems in front of her.

Thistle chuckled I am fine. Thank you. Thistle saw her sniff at the plants and felt bad. Do you want some plants? I have some back at my den for healing I can give you some of mine. Thistle did not mind giving away her herbs if it would help with something.

Thistle chuckled at Tveir as the girl looked at him yes he is mine there are two others further on. That certain fellow is Tveir, we also have Atta and Ein. Ragnar and I have them I should say. She chuckled again and strode forward motioning for the girl to follow behind Come you can meet them.
40 Posts
Ooc — Taco
If she tried hard enough there was a good chance that Chrysanthemum could actually recall being such a small child herself. The bright eyes, the frizzy head, the rope like tail -they all enticed her as designed and pained something she couldn't quite figure. She wanted to squish it, in that overdose of affection sort of way, but when she tried to approach again the puppy drew back.

Disheartened, a now fully distracted Chrysanthemum stepped over her mess thoughtlessly and whined piteously at the thing. For reasons she dared not dwell on the rejection was bitter. So this is what Bughuul wants... now I understand. Folding her ears Chrys chose to overlook the demon's cruel manner in this instance and instead agreed with his basic wanting.

"No," she said eventually -forcibly pulling her attention away from the reluctant babe when it was made obvious he wanted nothing to do with her. "It was a special present for Nerian. I'll just have to try again later -but thanks." With her wits collected, it occurred to the juvenile just who the female was. "Thistle Cloud -right? You're Ragnar's woman and a herbalist." After a pause Chrysanthemum thought of a question, one that had lingered since her meeting with the Jarl. "Nerian is your slave too then right? Please if you have her today don't ruin the surprise."

Forced to shout after the wife, Chyrs gave a final glance at the bouquet before following. "Well... umm I don't actually think it -I mean Tveir likes me that much."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Tveir had only pulled back when the girl came towards him because he didn't know her. He saw his mother though adn studied the girl in silence her eye was strange it wasn't the same as his and his families..well it was gone....

Thistle smiled at her and said softly If you can find poppy seeds their the red flowrers or the yellow marigold those are plants she can use and if you ever need a lesson just to look for the correct plant let me know so that you can surprise her. Thistle stared at her and spoke No she isn't my slave she is my friend and yes i am Ragnar's Wife and a healer.

Thistle chuckled then as Tveir came up at the girl and looked at her with eyes turning gray as he aged What you name den? I'm Tveir. He puffed out his chest proud of his name.
40 Posts
Ooc — Taco
Chrysanthemum committed the good advice to memory. Surely her den-mate would be all the more impressed by things she could actually use. Besides if nothing else it was so much safer than arbitrarily scooping up whatever she could fit in her mouth.

The puppy was still of great interest too though and when he gave her a bizarre stare Chrysanthemum returned the favor. It was tough to imagine that he would grow into Ragnar's magnitude. For entertainment purposes she tried to imagine the Jarl as a glossy nosed pup frisking the land for adventure. It caused her to smile which must've made her easier to get along with because with it Tveir approached. Lowering her head to his level, Chrys sniffed the air around him roughly before giving him his space. "I'm Chrysanthemum," she replied -but thought better of it only seconds later. "You can call me Chrys."

Pleased with herself Chrys smiled at his mother, but there was another reason too. She was so much more likable knowing that she did not hold that sort of reign over Nerian. Although the selective nature of her enslavement only left the juvenile all the more confused. Cocking her head to the side, she innocently kept at the issue as only a young person could. "Thank you for keeping my secret. I promised Ragnar that I would repay Nerian for her kindness, and I want to make sure she's able to tell him so when he has his meeting with her." Perhaps it was her mistake to assume that the wife could or even should know everything.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Tveir sniffed at her name as she sniffed all over him and he returned the favor. For a moment he eyed her a little huffily trying to decide if he wanted to try and use her mouthful of a name, but she spared him mercy by giving him another name to go by. Okay Chrys you be's tveer's friend?

Thistle dipped her muzzle You are welcome and Nerian was my husbands slave before he was my husband so that is why i do not share rights, i could but i do not want too. I will make sure to keep your secret safe Chrys i promise. I think Nerian would like it, she also may like help with the garden she and I share.
40 Posts
Ooc — Taco
Chrysanthemum had always had few friends to speak of -even back in Poet Vale. Sure her siblings had always been there, but like most her amicable spells with them were terse at best and far between. Other than that, she could recall a small plethora of forgettable adults, and nothing more. So for all intensive purposes the puppy's offering was a first.

Appreciative of the moment, Chrys battered her tail contentedly while staring almost adoringly at the wolf child. "I think that I would like that very much Tveir," she confessed. Never mind the fact that the juvenile didn't know the first thing about actual friendship. Surely she could figure it out along the way. For now she was just full of herself for righting his initial shyness to the point of garnering such a special offer.

The sweetness of their conversation was partially carried over to her dialog with Thistle Cloud. Although she was beginning to notice that the woman seemed careful to always sound -well delightful. Of course, Nerian was pleasant but at least in her own mind Chrysanthemum sensed a difference. Whereas her herbalist was intrinsically mild, the other seemed to behave in an almost trained manner. Perhaps it had something to do with her rank? Initial impressions were always difficult though, and taking queue from Tveir, the elder puppy didn't hold the perceived mannerism against her.

"Ragnar agreed that I could assist Nerian wherever she needed it until I have chosen an actual skill of my own." Tailing off a bit for thought, she resumed with a resolute tone. "I don't think that I will choose this sort of work, but I have earned a great sense of appreciation while dabbling in it -and of course being treated by Nerian."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Tveir's tail wagged until his pudgy body wriggled and he ghosted forward and patted at her paws. Thistle's laugh rang out when she watched happy with the day.

If thistle had known the younger girl in front of her thought her happiness or her delight was not genuine she imagine she would have been hurt. But she imagined in part it had to do wtih the fact that the conversation was on Nerian. Though she and Nerian were friends now, they hadn't been and she was happy with it.

Thistle chuckled healing is not for everyone. I suppose my own love of healing extends from my mother who was a great healer and midwife in her prime. She still is, but she does not practice it in a pack full term anymore.
40 Posts
Ooc — Taco
Each unskilled movement Tveir made caused a smile to tug at the corner of Chrysanthemum's eyes. He was just so deliciously wholesome. That being said, she was all the more perplexed by the diluted motives of her captor. Hadn't she been spoiled in such beguiling innocence when he had first encountered her? What fault in the mechanism of her appearance had allowed him to cause her such harm? They were alarming questions with impossible answers. However, as was the case with most victims Chrys was helpless but to blame herself.

"I told Ragnar that back home I was attempting to become a Lifeguard, but he said there was nothing similar here." In truth Chrys was only mildly bothered. After all nothing else was the same so it stood to reason that her interests had changed as well. "So I guess I'll just try everything else until I find something."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened and though she wasn't sure what a lifeguard was she imagined it was someone who guarded lives, then that would be much like a warden. She studied the girl in front of her, the eye would be a problem, but that was easily remedied as long as she honed all her other skills. I think the closest to that would be WArden they guard the borders and those in the pack or perhaps a warrior a healer heals, so that is after they were guarded or not guarded in most cases. SO maybe look into being a warden, Ragnar would be agood one to talk to for that.

Tveir giggled and pounced again at the girls paw his small paws whirling and swirling as he fought to get to her and play.
40 Posts
Ooc — Taco
Like most green creatures Chrysanthemum was totally unresolved when it concerned her life's purpose. Perhaps she would study guarding beneath Ragnar, or maybe there was an unknown side to medicine that would one day amaze her. It was difficult if not impossible to say. Shrugging her shoulders with a nervous grin, Chrys confessed her indecision. "Maybe I will, but I'd still like time to think on things -everything actually."

Taking a glace at the overhead sky, the juvenile summarily figured that it was time she take her leave. It was too late to attempt to recollect any flowers, but perhaps she could find Nerian a nice shell -a fish even maybe. Wanting to part ways with Thistle and the puppy, she dipped her head before hinting at her plans to exit. "Well, I didn't mean to keep you so long Thistle, but I too should be going. I owe Nerian something when she returns to our den this evening." Although truthfully, gifting things to the woman was no chore at all. It was an honor.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
"Thanks for the thread

Thistle studied the girl in front of her, she was young, perhaps to young to be thinking fully on what she wanted or needed to do for her pack. Thistle spoke softly That is fine you enjoy your youth for you are only ever young once, there is time to learn and time to decide.

Thistle followed her gaze up to the sky and realized that it was later than she had thought. Thistle chuckled and nodded Very well and Please Chrysanthemum come and visit us anytime we would love to have you. And it was the truth, she could play with the children to her heart’s extent, as long as she meant them no harm, and she felt no ill content within the girl.
40 Posts
Ooc — Taco
As the puppy wriggled anxiously at his mother's heels -obviously tired of older wolves conversation- Chrysanthemum figured that it was all for the better that she took her leave. Perhaps they had had something especially fun planned for the evening and her intrusion had subsequently spoiled it. She hated to think it was true, but she herself had been in the midst of a mission prior to the surprise encounter.

Shaking herself roughly as if to wake whatever had gone dormant during their talk, Chrys showed her own age by making a few pacing steps of her own. It was an action well beyond Thistle's own maturity, but for the puppy it was inevitable. Their parting words had cheered on her excitement about meeting Nerian for their usual rendezvous -she was ready to take her leave. Bowing her head to the princely puppy, Chrys offered an amicable close to its herbalist mother. "It was a pleasure meeting you both Thistle Cloud and I am sure our paths will -er cross again," she jested lamely. After all, the juvenile had resolved in the course of their meeting that she wouldn't send any of Thistle's puppies to slaughter at the hands of Bughuul. She was too agreeable and they were too enthralling to harm in such a terrible way. So she would have to satisfy the demon wolf from some other means.

Waving her tail behind her as she departed into the direction from which she had come, the underage wolf took solace in at least having had made up her mind about one thing. The puppies of Stavanger Bay were safe from the henchmen insurgent and her master.