Stone Circle In Upendi!
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
@Sunny had been on Steph's mind non-stop. And with him here, in Easthollow, it was all the worse. She was conflicted with telling him her feelings. She didn't want to take them away from their home; could she go there? Did Sunny even return her affections? In her mind, he made eye contact with her as much as she did him. Or was that wishful thinking on her part? The time she had spent with him and his children in Elysium had been wondrous, and part of her didn't think that Sunny would have spent so much time with her if maybe he didn't feel the same as she.

At the end of the day, Steph knew there was only one way to find out. So, she sought out Sunny this early afternoon. She didn't want to draw anyone else's attention, so she didn't howl for him. Instead, she walked around the territory, trying to pick up his trail and catch up with him.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Valette had told them to stay close to the borders and so he had, keeping an eye on his kids so that they didn't trespass out of curiosity. It had kind of struck him that Val hadn't trusted him enough to let him inside, he wasn't some rogue wolf that would ever pose a threat to her children. The new dad side of him understood though and so he had accepted the rule without complaint. He had hunted in the familiar area earlier and captured a Turkey, a bird large enough to feed his kids and have some left over for himself. He had just started eating when he spotted movement in the distance and saw Steph, swallowing quickly and slowly sitting up his tail thumping the leaves beneath him before he could stop it. He smiled his eyes bright "Can't get enough Sunny time?" he asked teasing her in a playful, warm tone.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The rustling of leaves caught her attention, and her eyes moved quickly and set upon Sunny. Instantly, a smile was upon her face and her tail was wagging. She changed her course and trotted over to him. She chuckled at his question, Nope, sure can't, she said. It was the truth, but she wasn't quite sure she should answer it so seriously. 

She hadn't known that Valette had told Sunny and his children to stay near the borders, and if she had known, she would have been quite upset. She thought it was Sunny's choice to be near them. She sat back on her haunches, her tail still swaying back and forth on the ground behind her. How long do you think you'll be here? she asked, knowing he had a pack to get back to, but hating that he had to go.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He didn't know what he had been expecting but it definitely wasn't for her to reply with a smile that she couldn't get enough of him. He felt his fur heat up beneath his fur and he regarded her for a moment with a stunned and slightly hopeful expression. Was she serious? Did she like being around him as much as he did her? He was tongue tied, so it was a good thing Steph followed it up by asking how long he would be staying. His expression fell and he looked apologetic "I am going to leave tomorrow. Valette doesn't seem entirely comfortable with us being around, understandable with your little sister being attacked and all and my kids won't want to hang around the borders very long"  he explained with a cresfallen expression, regretting that he had to go so soon. He wished he could stay around and spend more time with Steph, it was really why he had come this way as well as to introduce his kids to Valette and show them part of his history.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph's own expression fell when Sunny explained why he could only stay until tomorrow. She had a hard time believing Valette would be unwelcoming to Sunny and his children, seeing as how they were almost extended family. Well, not enough for Steph and he to have the potential to... How was she ever going to tell him? She thought she would have a couple days to build up the courage, to break it to him easy. With him leaving so soon, that was no longer an option. 

I wish you didn't have to go at all, she said, her expression serious. Her eyes darted here and there, but eventually settled on Sunny's face. Sunny, I need to tell you something, she admitted. I'm not sure how you're going to react, but I wanted to tell you before you leave... She took a deep breath. I have... very strong feelings for you. Not just as a great friend, but romantic feelings. And I would completely understand if you are still mourning the loss of your mate, and don't want to move too soon, but I had to tell you. She paused there, searching his expression for the reply that was to come, worried he would simply send her off, feelings unmatched.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He noticed how her expression fell and his heart squeezed in response, he felt bad for having to leave her so soon. He had come to see her because she haunted his thoughts almost every day, he had missed her scent inside his den and the way she was so good with his children. It was as if she were meant to be his second chance. Even with all the feelings he held he didn't think she returned the feelings, not until she spoke and it all came out at once leaving his stunned. His expression was one of surprise his eyes going wide and breath shaking nervously as he exhaled and then all at once he smiled. "You're an amazing woman Steph...Every time I see you it's like your presence makes the pain and exhaustion fade just a little so I can smile again. I feel the same way, I don't want you to think that I dont because I really, really do but...I...its my kids and I want to make sure that I can love you without anything holding me back" he spoke softly, warm ember eyes fixing on hers his expression hopeful and just a bit frightened. He was afraid she wouldn't understand, that he wanted to be with her but this would take time. 

He slowly approached her and made to touch his muzzle to the side of hers affectionately his voice soft "I'm all yours Steph I don't want anyone else, I just need some time to figure out what's going to happen with Elysium and the kids, some time to completely let go. Is that okay?" he asked her as he pulled back, his eyes searching hers hopefully.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph had never been so nervous in all of her life. Her heart pounded in her chest like it never had before, threatening to burst outside of her chest wall. She was sure it was only a moment before Sunny started talking, but it felt like a lifetime. Her ears perked as his words flowed, but it took her brain a few moments to process what he was saying. When they finally did, a breath wooshed from her lungs that she hadn't realized she was holding. 

A smile instantly formed on her maw that could have lit up the night sky like it was noon. Her tail wagged as he shortened the distance between them, rubbing her muzzle against his. The fact that he returned her feelings was nothing she had ever felt before, and her heart swelled with happiness. She nodded readily to his request. Of course, Sunny, she assured him softly. I don't want to rush you, and I understand there are things that are going to take time. Just know that I'm here when you're ready, she promised him. I've already talked to Valette, and she understands if I were to leave Easthollow and come to Elysium, she added with a smile. So, whenever you are ready, I am, too. It was enough for her right now to know that he felt the same way as she did. She wasn't sure how much time he would need, but she would keep her promise and wait for him. Steph took the liberty to attempt to bury her face in Sunny's neck, and inhaled his scent as if it was the air she needed to breath.