fallen and swept aside [IC Joining]
22 Posts
Ooc —
@Ragnar and any other wolf in Stavanger Bay that wishes to join! :D

It had been weeks, months and maybe a year since the dark agouti wolf had left his natal pack and gone on with life as a loner. His 'pack' couldn't even be called one. Two weak wolves and a yearling, now two of the three were dead. The last one wandering around, not a care to the world but somehow still living.

His original goal had been to find a pack as soon as possible but he strayed far from it. Instead mindlessly wandering around, fighting when necessary and straying into pack borders. All the packs that he encountered, he did not like nor did he wished to be confined in the rules of one. He was young and naive then but now he had grown older and though the thrill of exploring was still there, he had began to think about settling down somewhere.

Hunger gnawed at his belly but he ignored it, his golden eyes wandering aimlessly and his mind on other things. He had not even realized that he had left the Wilds and was going in the direction of the ocean. Not even the distant muted sounds of waves crashing against the shore would wake the dark male from his thoughts.

It was only until the ground gave way underfoot and the salty wind blowing into his face did he went back to reality. The calm crashing of waves against the shore calmed him down. He stopped in his tracks, his ears erect. It was faint from where he was standing but it was there.

The familiar yet unfamiliar smells of other wolves. He had went passed so many packs and trespassed in most that he was familiar with the smell of them except he had never smelled this one before.

Was it time to settle?

The copper male spotted an arch in the cliff and began trotting towards it, for the first time in a long time actually having a goal in his mind. He walked towards the arch, ignoring the smells that wafted his way and gotten him into countless troubles. The scars that decorate his pelt, souvenirs from those encounters.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
correct me if i'm wrong but ti seemed to me as i was reading that he was walking into the borders yes? I can edit if necessary.

Thistle had been restless as of late with her thoughts and her mind and her body. Everything was just restless, she shifted her small tawny paws on the ground and continued on towards the borders still trying to decide if today she would traipse past them or if she would stay near them. Julooke was watching the children to give her a moment to herself, it seemed to be happening more and more she would leave the children at home, but it did not mean she loved them any less, it just meant they did not need her personally as much anymore. She almost had two trades under her fur and was fast wondering at a third, so she was doing a little bit of everything.

As thistle continued on a new smell wafted her way and she growled as a male agouti strode fully and boldly into their pack lands and she stood small and lithe blocking his way. He could easily probably hurt her, but not before she got a few good knocks in herself. She stared at him a steely glint in her eyes a snarl on her maw and a growl deep in her throat. You are trespassing!
22 Posts
Ooc —
No, you're right. He walked into the borders. :)

It wasn't long before he was intercepted just like countless times before though this pack member did not seem as physical as the ones he had encountered before. Usually the would just barge through and start fighting and he would unwillingly finish the fight, though unless it was absolutely necessary he wouldn't kill. He would just fling them onto the ground and they would either be unconscious or dazed, usually not dead. Not like he even remembered who he killed and who he didn't, they were not important enough to be remembered.

A small petite wolf blocked his way and he debated whether or not to start a fight. Then he sighed, yes he was here to join the pack if they had space not to start an unneeded fight. Instead he met her steely gaze with his own bright golden ones and replied "I suppose I am."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle's growl grew in octave as she stared at him her eyes narrowing as he boldly met her gaze. Such insubordination it was unreal, but she would never be able to take this one captive like the others, she was far too tiny. She could call for Ragnar, but by the time he got there the wolf could be gone or she could be hurt. She was not a fighter, she could protect her own surely and she supposed she would go against anything that htreatened her children, but it didn't mean she jumped in hastly. She stared more and her snarl got louder. Finally, she lifted muzzle to sky and called for @Ragnar knowing that she was too tiny to fight this all on her own.

She boldly advanced though and spoke threatening, you need to back to the edge of the borders now She continued forward eyes darting to and fro making sure he didn't come after her, she was tiny so she could jump in and get him in places most couldn't and that might just save her. Darting forward on nimble paws she feinted left and went right and tried to grasp a shoulder or a artery nothing to kill him, but enough to incompasitate for the time being...one good thing about healing she knew more about the body than most and she aimed to make sure he knew it too. Darting back again on nimble paws whether she made a hit or not she readied herself for another onslaught her growl savage and her tail tightly curled above her back.
22 Posts
Ooc —
He was again debating whether or not should he fight, his goal had been clear a few moments ago, to join a pack but again like it had so many times before, it was slipping from his mind. Irritation pricked at his pelt as he struggled to make a decision, he had been a loner for so long, not having a care in the world that it made a massive change for him to actually think about the outcome for once.

A low growl escaped his throat, it was not directed to the female though his eyes remained on her, but it was actually because of the massive argument going on inside his head. His gaze started wandering again as he made a decision. For the first time in many days he decided not to fight.

It was an unnecessary fight. He stood there, unmoving, gaze wandering as the female raised her muzzle in the air to call for another wolf. The threats she made did not seem to make any impact on him. He had went through so many fights that the outcome-whether he was bleeding or in pain-did not matter anymore. Finally when she stopped and readied herself, he turned his unnerving golden eyes on her.

He dipped his head slightly, "I apologize for trespassing and I will 'back to the edge of the borders now.'" -he resisted the urge to sneer-"However I will only do so if I meet your Alpha," he concluded in a soft voice, his posture now neutral. He waited for the female's reply.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle growled even louder you apologize for trespassing yet do not move foolish She readied herself and ran at him watching his movements he needed to back up now and he wasn't Ragnar would not like this one and he would know it too soon enough.

my husband is the alpha She snarled again and snapped at his face. She had seen his face twitch he wasn't taking her seriously he was a foolish foolish man she was the highest ranking wolf after her husband only not an alpha because she had told her husband once she didn't want to be. She backed up again irritated ragnar needed to come now.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I tried very hard not to powerplay at all so whether Ragnar actually attacks or not depends on if Kyrillos gets out of Ragnar's claimed lands or not. :-)

<style type="text/css">table.ragnar {background: #ffffff url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/theder/ragnardertable_zpsefab268a.png") no-repeat top center;}</style>
Thistle's howl had been urgent and had pulled the Jarl from his hunt, the fawn clumsily running away as his head rose, ears cupping forth to take in the sound, pinpointing his wife's destination before rushing off, lunging forwards with a swiftness that did not necessarily match his strong body. His heart beat like a war drum within it's prison of flesh and bone as he closed the distance between his wife, the trespasser and himself, their individual scents mingling and becoming stronger the closer Ragnar came to approaching the scene. This was the fifth trespasser this month and idly Ragnar toyed with the consideration that they had no idea what they were messing with. Eventually, it would get to a point where the scarred Scandinavian would just start aiming to kill as he nearly did to the Bay's newest Captive. It would have been easy to kill him, Ragnar knew, the only thing that spared him was his cooperation and that he wasn't an Isle wolf. They would obey and learn or they would die. It was that simple.

He broke through the tree line, catching the movement of Thistle, smaller than the male that paraded within Ragnar's lands like he had any right to be there and in a moment he felt both a fierce swell of pride for his wife but also a horror that she was trying to take on the trespasser male having little fighting training aside from what Ragnar taught her. "You will speak to me when you get out of my lands," Ragnar warned having caught enough of the words that had passed between them before Thistle had lunged. "Or you will never speak again." Ragnar was tired of trespassers and more so tired of sparing them. They took up food and energy that he really didn't have to exert for them. Not when he could kill them and be done with it. Ragnar barreled towards the stranger, aware of Thistle's own position, intending to either get him to back out or to attack.

22 Posts
Ooc —
:D I'm imagining Kyrillos's surprised expression and its making me laugh.

The dark male turned his gaze from the female to the Alpha came, he was apparently the intercepting female's husband. He resisted the urge to shrug when the Alpha threatened to kill him if he did not get off his land. After all he did not stand for anything, his life meant nothing to anyone and nothing to him, he had nothing to protect. What's to lose if he dies anyways? No one would mourn, no one would grief and he would just be freed from this useless pathetic life he had.

He felt a pang of sadness when those thoughts appeared in his mind but he did not chase away the flash of it in his eyes fast enough. It lingered for more than a second and he was sure that the two wolves had seen it.

Perhaps if this pack accepted him, he would stand for something again, he would have something to protect. Though he doubt anyone would care or grief or mourn if he died. Not that anyone cared about him if he lived. A flash of cold amusement crossed his golden eyes but vanished in a second.

But he still had to try, didn't he?

As the Alpha finished his sentence and barreled forward towards him, he dipped his head and crouched down slightly, his tail lowered and his ears flatter than the two wolves in front of him and backed away. His head lowered slightly.

A faint smile graced the agouti male's lips as he backed away to the edge of the borders, it had took him quite a moment to remember how to submit. After a year or more alone in the wilds he had forgotten how to be subordinate only dominant.

"I'm very sorry to be trespassing in your borders," he knew he sounded stupid. "And I apologise to your wife for the trouble I've caused her, but please hear me out." His eyes flicked to look at the female for a second before looking at the ground again. He was truly sincere this time, he was totally serious.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
thistle saw her husband and she was glad. She would have fought to protect their borders but the simple fact was she was not a fighter she could try and she may do some damage but she didn't know enough other than lessons and instinct.

thistle quieted her growl to a lower pitch as he backed up and she seen the sadness and the smile, but she didn't want to think about it right now, he was still a fool you didn't just knowingly haul yourself into another territory without being really foolish and especially not her husbands territory.

Thistle about leaving but she decided to stay for the moment, content to let her husband take over though she did say quietly I'm right here you can apologize to me yourself rather than tel my husband.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
<style type="text/css">table.ragnar {background: #ffffff url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/theder/ragnardertable_zpsefab268a.png") no-repeat top center;}</style>
It was only as the male crouched down and backed up as Ragnar barreled towards him that kept Ragnar from outright attacking him. Lips curled back to expose his sharp, gleaming teeth at the male when he spoke an apology. Sorry. What was he supposed to do with an apology? It did not change the fact that the male had not only been trespassing — which the amount of trespassers was getting horrendously ridiculous the scarred Scandinavian couldn't help but think — neither did it change the disrespect the male had given Thistle. She was the second highest ranking wolf under him and even then he had been considering asking her to step up to bear the title of Queen and not just as an affectionate endearment he liked to use from time to time.

Platinum silver hackles bristled at the request for Ragnar to hear him out. "And why should I listen, hmm?" The Jarl asked the man in his soft, curious, heavily accented voice. Despite the hostility that he felt emitting from the strands of his fur he was smirking coyly at the male. It was a mischievous thing, casual for him but it hid danger. "You not only trespassed upon my lands you also disrespected my wife and by disrespecting her you disrespect me." Eyes of Caribbean Ice settled upon the man waiting to hear what he had to say, inviting him to speak with a silent cant of his head exposing the scars on the left side of his face to the sunlight.

22 Posts
Ooc —
As if an apology wasn't enough even if it wasn't directed towards her, if he wasn't thinking about joining this pack-though the chances of that now were lowering-he wouldn't have apologized or even backed away in first place.

His ethereal eyes narrowed as he raised his head again, dipping his head as he spoke "I'm extremely sorry for troubling you, I actually didn't mean the trespass in first place."-that part of the story was true, he had actually meant to linger behind the borders but with thoughts whirling around his head and daydreaming he had walked straight inside, not that they would believe him anyways.-"I apologize for causing you so much trouble and disrespecting you." At least the whole apology was the truth, he was sorry for the disrespect. He didn't know she was the Alpha's wife.

Finally he turned his gaze onto the Alpha, "You're right, why should you listen? I trespassed into your territory and disrespected your wife. Why should you accept me into your pack?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Thistle had not meant offense she was just extremely irritable anyway and now this was way to many trespassers in a month even, and it worried her, especially with 3 small children and if her husband had his way more to come.

Thistle got to her paws and strode around her husband ignoring the fact that he probably wouldn’t like it and looked at the other male since the apology was for her mostly. She looked him over and dipped her head Apology accepted Now why were you trespassing? She then backed up and stood behind her husband a ways letting him take over now.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
"Then why did you not fix your mistake when she first asked you too, hmm?" Ragnar inquired tired of hearing that same song in dance. I didn't mean to trespass or his other personal favorite with great sarcasm implied I didn't realize I was trespassing. No. They were a well established pack, large in numbers, patrols ran along the borders often and they were always freshly marked. Suffice it to say Ragnar was having a hard time believing this man before him, lip curling back to expose his teeth in his displeasure. As a creature well used to using deception he did not trust words because he knew how easily they were twisted to fit the needs. Stavanger Bay was not so desperate as to accept anyone that came their way and frankly Ragnar had never agreed with that notion, anyway. He demanded respect of his subordinates — not just to himself but to every member of the pack as well. If there wasn't order in a hierarchy it would fall and the fact that he had seemed from what Ragnar had heard right before he had appeared that the man before them had had no intentions of listening to Thistle until Ragnar showed up and the scarred Scandinavian let out a rumbling growl when Thistle accepted the male's apology.

"Words are empty until they are proven by action," Ragnar spoke glimpsing at Thistle as she moved from his side allowing him to take over. It released some of the tension within his chest for it would be easier to protect her if he needed too. He did not know this male, did not trust this male and so therefore he could not pretend to know anything about his intentions. Eyes of Caribbean ice narrowed as his black, leathery nostrils flared at the expel of his breath. Thistle might have accepted his apology but Ragnar didn't for the time being; he did not repeat the question Thistle had asked instead letting it hang in the air between them for a few moments before he added coolly, "I will listen because I am the Jarl and that is my job," it went without saying that beyond that, however, his judgment and decision was free game.

22 Posts
Ooc —
At the very least, the female had accepted his apology. Now things could either go two ways, actually three. Either he leaves and runs away now (Too cowardly in his opinion) or he gets killed or he gets accepted. Or perhaps he would be taken captive. Which path should he take? The runaway option had been crossed out the moment it had appeared in the agouti's head. That was just something he couldn't bring himself to do, he chuckled softly, some day his pride would become the end of him.

He probably won't get accepted so easily after he barged into their territory, disrespected the alpha's wife and did not truly back down. If he didn't die, he would be taken captive or moving on though that chance was slim.

He was stuck.

Finally he gave in to his pride and sighed, perhaps it was best to be taken captive for now and earn his way into the pack. There ain't no easy way out now. If only he had been paying attention and not trespassing in first place. That hadn't been his intention!

"I wish to join your pack," he said bluntly. "If words are empty until they are proven by action then let me show you what I can do, let me prove myself to you and the pack. "
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle wondered what her husband would do for this male? Would he chase him away? Keep him captive or as a low ranking member. He had trespassed and treated other's right rudely after he did so. If he had really been sorry and hadn't meant to trespass he would have backed up immediately instead of goading her into attacking him. To her he was reckless and footloose and she didn't like that attitude.

She tilted her head and studied them in front of her and waited for what was to happen she wondered if she needed to stay for this. Realizing that it would seem rude to leave she held her spot.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Last post from me. If you two'd like to add conclusion posts you can say that Ragnar led Kyrillos into the territory. :-)

Ragnar did as he had promised. He had listened to the words the male had to say, and smirked coyly when it came about, though it had been quite apparent from the start, that the male was looking to join a pack. Ragnar wasn't feeling overly inclined to give him what he wanted if only because he had trespassed and now he wanted a favor. A favor. To be allowed into Stavanger Bay after he had not only trespassed but also disrespected Thistle Cloud at the same time. It was a tall order and Ragnar wasn't feeling too ...generous. Ragnar was silent as he considered the male's words, expression stoic as he contemplated his options. "For trespassing on my lands I am taking you captive," Ragnar told the man simply, his tone ringing with finality that left nothing up to negotiation. "I have yet to decide how you will be punished for disrespecting my wife but I will have plenty of time to decide that." Ragnar spoke simply and with a gesture of his head he inclined for the male whose name he did not know figuring he would care to learn only when the male proved himself.
22 Posts
Ooc —
At least being held captive is better than nothing, the dark agouti male followed the Alpha into the territory. In time, perhaps he would earn his way into being a full member of the pack. But for now, he would content himself with just being somewhere in a pack, even if it was just as a captive. The dark male's golden eyes started wandering again, unfocused as he thought about other things. And wondering if things would have turned out different if he didn't trespass, probably yes.

Ah well, hopefully he would be freed. But these things took time and patience, and he was willing to sacrifice those to get accepted again. Though, he chuckled softly, it would be extremely hard for him to not cause trouble.