Sheepeater Cliff mary had a little lamb
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
for @Hawkeye or @Kisu :)
set before she was made Alpha

Birds chirped in the sky, racing the clouds as the rolled through the sky. Summer was coming to an end. Or perhaps it only felt that way because the sun wasn't shining with the same intensity. It was still there, at the very center of the vast expanse of the blue sky, but it was dull.

Cara didn't mind that the summer was coming to an end. What bothered her was that the forever bright sphere in the sky was loosing it's life. Was everything coming to an end? It wasn't common for the yearling to view life with such a pessimistic eye, but after the hectic days that she had had to endure, everything was beginning to look a little colorless.

Everything but the mountains. She had taken the hills as her escape. And after exploring the lands of the Vale she began to wander around the mountain goat filled cliffs. She was looking for a distraction and the white animals were her perfect escape-goat (badum tss) from reality.

<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Just as the member of the Spine had, Kisu used the mountains for escape. He was overwhelmed with emotions he'd be trying to suppress since before he was a yearling. Sighing, he made his trek up the mountain, wondering how far he would get before getting tired. He wasn't getting severely old, but he was definitely getting older.

He spotted white cottonballs roaming about, four of them total. The male stared at them for a moment, contemplating as to whether or not he was interested in hunting. They were far enough off to not notice him, but Kisu continued walking on, simply wanting to get some fresh air alone.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

The lithe female began rounding up the fluffy creatures, she slipped into a stalking position, her tail brushing the ground ever so often. She wasn't really looking for a kill, a mountain goat was more that she could stomach and leaving the rest too waste would be a sin. She simply wanted to spook them a bit, get their heart rates up as she lowered her own stress.

The girl lunged forth, her eyes fixed on the sheep's ankles. As she neared the animals, they cried in surprise and took off, looking for an escape route along the skirts of the mountain. Cara followed them, though she didn't get very close for she knew a kick could easily fracture her thick skull.

But as one of the sheep swerved out of the way, Cara halted knowing she'd succeeded in giving them a dose of cardio. She allowed her tongue to hang from her mouth as she simply scanned her breathtaking surroundings. It was then that she saw the male. Hiking through the sides of the mountain slowly.

She barked to get his attention, while walking slowly to meet him half way. Was this male from the Sunspire too?

<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu wasn't necessarily startled, but he was unaware that anyone else would be trekking the mountain. He raised his head slightly, his eyes moreso, spotting a white female. Her fur was bright in the light of the sun, especially since they were up in a high area with a clear shot of sky in the area for the moment.

He had heard some commotion from sheep a moment ago, but didn't put together where it came from. He had assumed it was that they'd somehow seen him, but didn't find that logical; seeing the female here, though, made sense to him. She'd been after them.

The grey male moved closer to meet the female. He'd never seen or smelt her before. "Are you from around here?" He was not confrontational, simply curious as to where the she-wolf came from.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

The sound of the annoyed sheep grew distant, they were not happy to be used for the girl's entretainment, but honestly she didn't care. That was her approach to many things really. She didn't care if someone didn't like her, or if someone wasn't pleased with her attitude. But that was just to be expected, she was an inmature yearling that had been forced to fend for herself from a young age.

As the male came to meet her, she analyzed every detail of him. He was older than her, and he smelled of the Plateu. She had come to meet the Plateu wolves when she met a wolf named Silvermane by the river, though strangely she had found him a month later getting stoned near the isle. His gruff voice snapped her out of her thoughts, he didn't even say hello.

The female scoffed while she the tip of her tail twitched in a cat-like manner. "No,you should recognize a turist when you see one" she barked while shifting her gaze to the slopes of the mountain momentarily.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu stared at her for a moment and blinked, not exactly knowing how to respond. "I am not from around here, either, so a tourist would not be easily identifiable." The scent he recognized and matched with the White One (Jinx) the last time he saw her.

He shifted uncomfortably as he sat, bits of rock poking into his butt feet. "I am Kisu. And you are?" The grey male said this with a friendly hit to his tone, but it was more curiosity than anything.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

The fact that he was not a native either made her lower her guard just a tad, "Touche" she barked with a light shrug of her shoulders; if he was just a traveller like her then she'd have nothing to fear. (not that she was afraid) Though she didn't know with precision where the main settlement of the Plateu wolves was, she suspected it couldn't be extremely far. Silvermane and her had met by the Whitefish River after all.

"You do live around here though" she said matter-of-factly, if her nose wasn't betraying her then it was true that he lived in the Plateu."Aren't you from the Plateu?", she asked while training her eyes on his face.

She was interested in knowing a bit about said pack, since well she didn't know anyting from it other than it was located in well...a plateu. "My name is Cara", she barked after his name had been announced, her last name were reserved for more formal occasions.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
He saw that she became less tense, and Kisu wondered if he looked like a threat. "I do not fight unless completely necessary," he stated, just in case she had doubts. Although born and raised a warrior, the male had lost the desire to do so after he fought off his brother several times. Something died in him the day his brother Inazuma betrayed him, and he never felt the same about fighting or hunting again, though he had been superior at both.

"Yes," he responded to her question. Kisu figured she already knew the answer and was either confirming or trying to look smart, though he didn't care which it was. It was strange to him having someone know which pack he was from; he'd lived in remote places before he came to this area, not smelling or seeing another wolf/pack for weeks or even several months.

There was a small beat before he said, "Hello, Cara. I am Kisu." The male thought a few moments and then asked, "And where are you from? You smell faintly like Jinx." The last time he'd seen the female he had just mentioned seemed like months ago to the grey wolf. The white female with black socks had seemed... different, but he didn't know why.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

The yearling did not take heed on his comment, he was big of course but his stance didn't give away any hostility, and besides Cara was not here to fight. She flicked her tail carelessly from one side to another as she closed the space between them with a couple of measures steps down the slope of the mountain.

She nodded her head silently as he comfirmed her suspicions, he was in fact a Plateu wolf. And while she was eager to know more about the mysterious pack that dwelled on the flatlands her not yet spoken words were intercepted by a remark of his. She helf her tongue as he pointed out how her scent held traces of Jinx.

She was well aware she wore the snow queen's perfume, though she didn't appreciate him mentioning it; specially in a time where Jinx was not her usual self anymore. Cara's muscles tenses instantly through she quickly shuffled to the side to cover any trace of impatience. She looked at him blankly for a while, her eyes glazed with a feign indifference --while she struggled to keep her emotions concealed she was really dying a bit at the thought of Jinx.

"Yes, I'm one of Jinx's", she barked simply. She would've like to say I'm Jinx's but she knew that speaking like the Alphess was just hers would tempt him to question her.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
She moved nearer and Kisu stiffened for a moment — not in a defensive way, but he was hyper aware around females as of late. He felt raw and confused. His feelings were beginning to surface after years of suppression, and being in the company of wolves that were the opposite gender made this harder to handle.

Cara shifted strangely, to which Kisu moved his head to the side momentarily. She seemed... off. Was it something I said? He wondered if it was his asking of her pack, more specifically Jinx.

When she answered, he was slightly taken aback. "The White One is your leader? She did not tell me this last time I saw her." Kisu hmm'ed. "You say you are one of hers, like she owns you. Are you a slave?" His question may have been a little intrusive, but Kisu never meant any ill will. He was simply curious.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

Cara preferred the term servant or loyal follower.
His words were not appreciated by the pale yearling , she didn't like the fact that he referred to her as the white one, there were countless white wolves walking through the wilds but none was like Jinx. Not in her mind. Her tail lashed to the side to show her annoyance and the features of her beautiful face hardened even more when he asked if she was a slave. Cara was not one to submit, she had a revellious hearr but Jinx's had earned her uttermost respect and adoration. She would shed the last drop of blood in the snow queen's name but she would never name herself a slave.

Her pale yellow eyes narrowed into unforgiving sliths while she spoke, it was true she had come here with no intend of fighting but if this wolf were to insult the Spine or her queen she wouldn't hesitate to rise to defend it. "She's my Queen", she clarified, "And I'm not her slave, just a her reliable servant", she barked with a bitter tone in her voice. Now that the sickness had take over Jinx's mind she doubted she'll ever be able to serve her without being at risk of being bitten.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
One of Kisu's eyebrows picked up slightly. "You could have just said she was your Queen in the first place. The White One seems as though she could be one. She is serious yet kind from my experiences." He paused. "I apologize if I have offended you, though."

An awkward smile began to twitch itself upon his face. "I found her name out a long while after we were packmates. I always called her 'The White One', because she was mostly white. Our first meeting, we played in the ocean. I never really saw her after that." Kisu didn't know what else to say. Those were the only true memories he had of the female, and he would say that he was fond of her (in a platonic way). "I am glad that she has become a leader, though. I would like to think she could do it well." Little did Kisu know, his words were almost the opposite of what was true.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

Cara ignored his words, she could've said her queen was losing the essence of her personality along with her reason each day --but she didn't. He had gotten the point and besides in the pale yearling's mind she did belong somehow to her beloved snow idol.

His apology was not awknoledged with words but rather a simple nod of her head, then as if tasting every word said about her Queen that had begun to cross the line to a morbid obsession she allowed a feeble and volatile smile to poise on her lips. "Very pretty story, but I want to know more about the Plateu", she pressed, If it had been a happier time perhaps she would've enjoyed listening to a story or two, but with Jinx at the brink of madness she didn't want the subject to come up during the conversation

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
He stared at the girl when an... awkward smile touched her face. She then rapidly changed the subject and asked of the Plateau. The male, who was usually oblivious, felt as if the slender female before him was being somewhat pushy.

Kisu simply shrugged. "We are a full pack with many Wardens and Healers." The grey male did not know what else to say. He was not a wolf of many words, and when they were "many," it was to those he trusted. Cara seemed a bit high strung, which made him wonder what her intentions were. He was a Warrior at heart, after all.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

Patience and discretion weren't on the list of Cara's marvellous gifts. She was antsy and hot-tempered while she had been the passive child of her litter she had grown tired of keeping her feelings bottled when the constant insults of her sisters began to drag down her shoulders.

She blinked at the male a couple of times listening quietly to his answer, he didn't say much, not even the name of the Alpha was mentioned; she bit her tongue feeling dissapointed at his response. She held in the urge of asking again and simply nodded her head as if his words had been mind-blowing. "Wardens and Healers are vital, do you have any outriders? I aspire to be one myself" she barked while giving him an ear flick, she wanted to fish out information out of him.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu hmm'ed for a moment. "I think we have a few. To be honest, many wolves have come to the Plateau, and I really do not speak to them. I keep to myself mostly." He paused and then he felt a tug to be polite. "Have you gone many places? I have not been this far in almost a year. I suppose one day I will see what's beyond the mountains, but not today." Kisu felt like the words he spoke didn't really have a purpose. He believed that too many words meant a jumbled mind was spilling itself from a wolf's mouth.

Which was something positive he felt about Cara, even if she seemed a little... off. "Do you like your pack?" The question was both innocent and to gain his own information, though he would not tell anything to Peregrine unless it was vital.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
fading here, feel free to get a last post on or wrap it up ;) thanks for the thread

The male was careful not to reveal anything vital, he answered politely yet he watched his words so he didn't say anything out of what was required. He was a man of few words she had noticed that from the beginning though she did prick her eras when the phrase, 'many wolves' came from his mouth. That was a hint that the Plateu was a large pack, if they were as numerous as he said it'd be good to keep a closer look at the near-borders with them.

Then he asked about her where-abouts, which made the girl think he was using some kind of strategy to get her to name a few places. I have, yes", she affirmed simply, her yellow eyes tracing the aged creases under his eyes.

Then he threw the same question Silvermane, her friend from the Plateu in times past, had also given her. She blinked for a while. She loved the Ouroboros, it was her life, her home. Even if the situation was delicate at the moment she still felt she breathed for the Spine and its glory."Yes I do. Very much really" she smiled subtly, while flicking the tip of her tail to one side.

She felt the sudden urge to leave as the first question about her beloved pack had been answered. She didn't want him to keep prodding for answers she couldn't give. No one must know about Jinx's illness, it would put at risk their reign.

With her eyes fleeting from his feet to the mountain side, Cara chuffed soflty and excused herself, she descended slowly though, in case the male had some goodbye words in store for her.