Stavanger Bay things are changing
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
here you go i'll put this one private until everything gets worked out between leaders with blue and fox and thistle

Thistle woke up and figuring she knew where @Ragnar was she moved to stand and swiftly leave the den they shared, soon to have more bodies involved. Realizing she would not be able to be in the same den as the two of them for the first few days, because she had no doubt Nerian would accept. She dug away at the floor and sides moving her herbs and whatnot to the outside and her shells. She looked at the bones Ragnar made her she let them alone for now not sure if she wanted them just for her or to share. She knew without a doubt she would not be able to smell the sex on them at first it would kill her In the most awful ways. She began the search for a place all her own, not permanent mind you but a place just for hers where she didn't have to see the two of them all over each other and looking coy and she already figured she was second best refusing stubbonly to see that she wasn't, so why not let them have each other for now. She would not no she could not stay away always just perhaps a few days while the honeymoon phase wore off.

Her muzzle quivered and her whiskers moved with slight breeze as she looked around, besides that her and her children would have to leave anyway when Nerian had her own pups for that would be far too many wolves in one den. So she continued to search for a place for her the sadness and unfairness of it all weighing her down but she refused to fight about it anymore. He could have them both and she would settle for second best as she had told him. Blue eyes slanted and then she yelped as she went head over tail down into a small valley.

Grunting to herself as she stood a smile broke out on her face, she had stumbled on a mini paradise, between two rises a meadow flowed and a small water rocky creek flowed naturally down the side all types of flowers she was even pretty sure there were some marigolds and blue bells. As she studied the gentle landscape painted in a kaleidoscope of colors, to make your eyes sore. There was a small off cropping of trees offsetting the view and beneath it's boughs was a perfect place to lay ones' head on a lazy day. The meadow seemed to go on forever with all the flowers and this was a paradise for Thistle and for a moment she wanted to leap and frolic and run, but she had a job to do, no matter how much it hurt. She strode forward a ways to gently lap at the water and then returned to the smaller valley between two hills, here there was a small break from the breeze and the weather it made a natural wind break and for this she smiled. Thistle thought for sure that she could do so much with this little space, even if it was just a temporary home, or even just a cache for her herbs and remedies. She could line it with pretty things, and keep everything so nice. Perhaps she could even plant a lilac that she saw near at hte entrance so she could smell the flowers every day. She took a deep breath and smiled to herself.

This place made her heart hurt a little less and with renewed vigor she turned and began to dig. Dirt flew behind her as she dug in and down excited and renewed. She twitched her small nose as she dug, smelling nothing but fresh dirt and smelling no one and hearing no one so caught up in her own little digging that she did not realize the world was still going on around her.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #0b0c14; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TdbsUHq.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 1px solid #4b4e55; outline: 10px solid #1f2633;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#313d4a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 420px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

Ragnar, after speaking with Nerian had decided to swing around and patrol a section of Stavanger Bay's borders having not been ready to tell Thistle the news that he now had two wives instead of just one, trying to wrap his mind around the concept. He had never had two wives at one time, before, but he was happy. Happy knowing he could provide for both of his women, that no other man could beat or hurt Nerian in the way that Vali had that he could protect her in the same way that he protected Thistle. Of course Ragnar wasn't so deluded that he did not realize that Thistle was madder than a wet hornet at him but he was tired of fighting with her about it. She would realize in time that his love and passion for her had not gone anywhere, that sharing his body with Nerian was not nearly as bad as she thought it would be. Ragnar understood she was hurting, that much was obvious but he did not realize why ...it wasn't as if he were replacing her with Nerian. He wasn't replacing anyone, he was merely expanding upon their family without jumping the bones of every female in heat he came by. Was this not better than that? Was this with permission and consent by far better than going behind her back and knocking up many and stranger females?

In his search for Thistle after he had finished his brief patrol he intercepted her scent trail half way from their den following it down an incline into a part of the forest he'd never been before. Eyes of Caribbean ice found her easily against the backdrop of the grassy meadow, watching dirt flinging haphazardly every which way as she dug furiously at the ground. “I have something to ask of you, my love,” Ragnar called out to her, not knowing if she would even acknowledge him. He had been considering asking her to step up to his side as his Queen for a while now, though he did not know if she would accept his proposal given what she had told him when they had became husband and wife that day. Though, Thistle had changed since then and he thought she was ready to join his side in rank. He needed a woman's touch on his council, needed her perspective and her reminders that he did not have to be so savage with everyone and there was no one he trusted more than Thistle.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle heard him and for a brief moment thought about ignoring him, but realizing that was cruel she backed up and turned. A streak of dirt across her face and one ear splayed upside down and the other cocked forward she looked at him with azure blues waiting and dreading all at once what he wanted. Was he finally here to tell her what she dreaded since he started breaking promises. That he didn't really love her, that he wanted her to completely leave the den, because he got who he wanted all along?

She panted slightly at the exertion she had done, knowing full well she shouldn't be doing it days after a head wound, but not caring either. What do you need dearheart? the endearment tasting strange after days of anger and betrayal ripe within her breast, but it was his none the less and she'd use it.

She shifted paws played in the dirt drawing swirls and lines, unsure what to say or do, too tired too fight, and too hurt to let him know.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar was thoroughly surprised when Thistle acknowledged him but hid it well with a coy smirk despite that she had not turned to face him. The use of her endearment for him did not feel right, as if she were speaking it simply out of habit rather than actually meaning it though Ragnar supposed he deserved no less. Still, he'd rather she call him Ragnar than 'dearheart' if she didn't truly mean it. Perhaps she did mean it and perhaps she was on the path of letting her anger at him go but he sincerely doubted it. He was dubious and skeptical but he had came here for a purpose despite that he had deigned important enough to break the design of giving her the space she not only needed but demanded. He did not bring up his Priestess wife, having no intention of speaking about the other woman to her and bestowing the same courtesy to Nerian. Slowly, Ragnar drew nearer to her, brushed his side against hers, letting his lips skim her shoulder, nipping lightly at her neck in an affectionate gesture his usual physical greeting to Thistle though he circled her then so they were facing one another. “You have a bit of dirt on your nose, my love,” Ragnar teased her, meaning his own endearment for her wondering if the touches and such were him trying too hard to get her to come around faster.

“Despite how it seems lately between us, I have not forgotten anything that you have said to me the day you agreed to be my wife,” He took a deep breath and let it out giving her his infamous mischievous grin. He wasn't trying to act like her anger at him and his Priestess Wife wasn't an elephant in the room because on his end gaining a second wife did not change much of anything other than he had another woman in his life to love him and bear him sons. “I remember you told me you did not want to lead but I am going to put this out there anyway,” He continued on holding her azure gaze in his wanting to see something other than anger in her ocean deep and captivating irises. “I want you to step up as my Alpha Female, as the Earl. Lead beside me. I need a woman's opinion, perspective and touch to my leading methods and there is no one I trust more than you.” Ragnar told her honestly falling silent, awaiting her response.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
"Oh my goodness you do not have to match that length at all lol I got carried away,look at that she's slowly starting to let it go as best she can."

Thistle called him his term of endearment neither out of habit, but because it is how she greeted him. She hadn’t meant for it to sound hollow, but it had anyway and she couldn’t fix that. What did he expect from her, thus far he had broken every promise he had ever made to her, every single one well almost every single one, if she thought about it, she might be able to find one he didn't break. As for her anger of course she was letting it go, she was not a confrontational wolf by nature. She was still hurt and she imagined every time she saw him with Nerian or heard him speak pretty words to her and call her his love as she was sure he would do, because the man could not stay faithful no matter what she did, simply because he didn’t love her enough or maybe she hadn’t loved him enough who knew really. But it would always be there that pain and she may get perfectly good at hiding it, she may even become the best of friends with Nerian, but everytime he sidled up to Nerian and called her my love or something of the sort it would cut a little deeper, until she was certain that one day she’d just die from all the slices.

She had jumped at his initial contact, having not had any for a few days and it had startled her, but she soon calmed herself, and even licked his cheek as he drew from the side of her neck. She would have laughed until she had wetness falling from her eyes, had he told her he didn’t plan to talk about the other to the other. He couldn’t do it, and it wouldn’t happen, especially if he wanted them in the same den, but he didn’t seem to bothered that she wasn’t in it, so perhaps he wasn't bothered by it anyway. Let it become Nerian’s just like everything else in her life became Nerians, she enjoyed being snuggled up to him, but didn't know if she could handle doing so with another woman on the other side, but she bit the bullet and let her have everything, not saying a word. She would draw the line at her children though.

She had wondered at his touches, unsure what to do about them, of course she loved them, but at the same time it felt strange to her. it had been so long that there hadn't been some sort of tension between them. At his next words Thistle froze and said quietly Yes you did, but I don’t want to argue anymore. His grin shot across his face and she looked down that was unfair. He knew exactly the effect his grin had on her, and he had done it unpurpose, the man was dangerous to everything that was Thistle.

She had asked for space and here he was invading it, she did not want to smell Nerian on him, she did not want to be around him at the moment, she had said yes to this liason simply because she hated to be selfish and both he and Nerian made her feel like she was being selfish by keeping him to herself, and when she needed the little time to assimilate herself to the whole ordeal he had still followed her. She took a deep breath, she supposed it wasn’t so bad, she had missed him in a way, even as mad at him as she had been. She hated the contention between them, she really did. She hated fighting and arguing over him, she just wanted him to think of her just once, remember something she wanted or needed or said, but he didn’t. Hadn’t he proved that over and over again. Sure he remembered she liked lilacs, but he had not remembered she had told him she was to be the only one, that she would not settle for second best, that she was the forever kind. Had listened, but ignored all at the same time. He should also have been honest from the get go and let her know the day he told her he loved her, that yes perhaps he did, but that she was second best and he had loved and would always love Nerian best and first. That was initially the whole thing, she had been attainable, Nerian had not and then the whole damn thing changed. This was widely off the mark and he had told her that, but he hadn't shown her that, he had told her and love her only then he went to find his new queen, his new woman and left her sitting with head spinning around and a little used.

It seemed like forever, but all these thoughts flitted through her head like little butterflies quick and light and feather to touch for mere seconds. She stared at him for a moment surprise evident on her face, unsure what to say or how to take it. She studied him, with deep blue eyes and then looked down to think. Could she do that, it wasn’t exactly fair to Nerian of course and did he really trust her that much, because he sure didn’t seem to, didn’t respect her didn’t trust her. She whined in her throat for a moment as she thought about what to say then she lifted azure gaze and stared at him something burning in their depths but unsure what Firstly if I do this how many promises are you going to break this time? And secondly is that fair to Nerian? After all she is as equal as me. You answer me those questions honestly and with nothing omitted then yes I will lead beside you, if you hide something however Ragnar and I find out about it later, it will be hell for you, this whole spat we’ve had will be nothing compared to what I will do to you then. She meant that this time, she had meant she would poison him too, before, but he had asked permission and like a fool she had given it, because she did not wish him unhappy and if he needed and wanted another wife she herself made him unhappy rigth, she wasn't enough, surely that must be the case right, so she needed to make him happy. She tilted downy head and studied him anger, loss, longing, hate, love all staring at him through eyes as blue as could be, ringed with fawn fur.

Thistle shifted petite body and nimble paws brushing across the dirt. In a way she wanted to ghost forward and bite and tease, as she always did, but a part of her also still wanted to rip him apart at the seams. She stood and made a small circle only to go back to facing him, her energy and angst pent up and threatening to overtake her.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

He shot her a sharp look when she did argue despite that she stated seconds after that she didn't want to argue that he had forgotten what she had told him. That wasn't true. He remembered quite clearly what she had told him that day and if she wished to poison him for it then she could. If she wished to taunt his death in his face he wouldn't try to stop her, wouldn't discourage her. It wasn't as if he actually feared death. Of course if she killed him then where would Stavanger Bay be? Would they follow her once they realized she'd killed him because surely Nerian would know that poison was what had done it? He had no doubt she'd do it but the ramifications and consequences would be quite different now than they had been back then when he hadn't been a leader. Ragnar said nothing despite that he had the wreck-loose desire to tell her that she could or she could try anyway, after all Ragnar had not forgotten the promise of his All-Father either: that he would live a long and prosperous life.

He cocked his head towards her, smirk deepening as she asked her questions. “Then I will tell you this, my love. I have built this pack on Norse traditions as you know and I expect them to be upheld. Final decisions still go through me and we will discuss things but I make them. You can accept members into the pack and take captives though you already did that once,” He informed her as she circled him like a ravenous beast and he the prey though that was far from how this went. He was not her prey and though she was his equal in some sense it was still his pack and his traditions and laws and he called the final shots on everything except accepting members or captives. She was still learning the Viking way and there was still much he needed to teach her and so this only made sense to him. “Shut up. This isn't about her, it is about you,” He told her simply, his wolfish grin playing once more against the corners of his lips. “If you cannot uphold my laws and traditions, or if you make a final decision without consulting me first I will demote you.” It might have been harsh but Stavanger Bay was his baby and he wanted it ran a specific way and it was the same thing he'd say to anyone who he considered promoting. “If you do not agree to those terms then I will continue leading by myself.” He had no problem with it but he did want her to accept. The wolves of the pack respected her as their Queen though she had not bore the title and Ragnar respected her as such even though she probably didn't believe it because she was stubborn and spinning conspiracy theories in her head that didn't exist.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ooc: don't title me yet have to wait for another thr3ead to conclude please :)

she sighed then at his sharp look, what did he want from her she was not pefect had never said she was.Thistle had not been speaking of poison or any thing of the sort she had been talking other things. She shook her head he would never understand it would take something drastic to make him see, but as par to his stubborness even that may not work.

she stared at him listening and her eyes flashed fire when he told her to shut up, like hell it wasn't about his precious priestess that he had to coddle and baby, she snorted. I have no problem with most norse traditons Ragnar. but fine I accept and I won't accept anyone I'll leave that responsiblty to you I'm too soft for that, I may allow someone who isn't a good fit, captives I can do though. she furrowed her brow unsure if this would work they were both so stubborn and often fought ,but she could try her best and if it didn't work it didn't work. anything else? she sat still watching and waiting.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar saw the flash in her eyes of skeptism that it wasn't about Nerian and he dared her with a single, dark look to speak up against him, to defy him. He was tired of fighting with her. About them, about Nerian and contrary to what she seemed to believe not everything was about her or Nerian. His life consisted of things other than his wives and with a slight shake of his head he wondered if Odinn was steering him down the wrong path. He did not want to question the All-Father and yet he was. He hoped that by promoting Thistle she put her wild theories to rest but if she couldn't...well he had already stated what he would do if it was the case. He respected her, yes, but he wasn't going to have her going off and ignoring everything he said or fighting him on everything. If she was to be the Earl then she would have to trust him and respect him as he did her. He tried, for a stretch of a silent moment, to make sense of how him promoting Thistle, trying to look through his fawn colored wives' eyes, would possibly have anything to do with Nerian and came up blank. It didn't concern anyone but the two of them and frankly, Ragnar didn't need anyone's permission.

“You need to have no problems with all of them. Not just most,” He corrected her softly. He had never asked approval of his members only that they respect them because they were his and why did he have to change for someone? Ragnar Lodbrok didn't change for anyone. To change would be to stray from what Odinn had brought him here to do in the first place and disobeying Odinn wasn't an option. Especially considering Ragnar very much wanted to go to Valhalla when he died. He wanted to be worthy of the All-Father and liked being in the God's favor. A favor that he knew was a fickle thing even without the Seer's cryptic words. “I grow tired of taking captives to be honest, I would sooner kill them.” As he had nearly done to their youngest male captive. “The amount of trespassers is becoming ridiculous and I have had enough.” Ragnar spoke simply, without infliction. Their lives meant nothing to him, why did he care if he drained a couple bodies of their life blood? It was of no consequence to him. It was nothing but justice.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle much like Ragnar was tired of fighting and she had merely stated about Nerian because by taking her as his wife, he had made her and Thistle equals in a sense. This was nothing about love or lust or the like it was common courtesy. She was his wife so was Nerian thus equals, even if he loved the other over the other, but she was tired of chasing that around in her head too. She would be here if he wanted her, that was where she stood at this moment about it. Thistle had no problem respecting her husband, though trust lately was another matter, when he broke promise after promise what was she to do? She couldn't help the crushing thoughts she could not stop them, no one could help what they thought or felt, it was just well there.

Thistle stared at him and said quietly ragnar I did not mean offense, I do not know all the traditions, I am a new viking, what do you expect of me? To know everything right away? It takes time to learn them. She sighed and looked down as she listened to him. She looked up at him, fine, but I will need your help I am a mighty tiny viking Ragnar, but I am not the strongest, I do not know if I could take a male on of your stature and size and live to tell the tale. but I will do my best.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Thistle explained that she hadn't mean offense by her words and the scarred Scandinavian shook his head in a 'no' fashion simply. He hadn't taken offense to them. Her choice of words had made it sound like she only would uphold the traditions she liked and spurn the ones she did not agree with which she couldn't do if she truly wanted to rule beside him. To truly be his equal. “Your words were misleading, my love,” Ragnar assured her with a soft nip against the corner of her mouth. “It sounded not like you still needed to learn but rather that you would not uphold the ones you did not agree with. You are a Scandinavian now by marriage, and in the eyes of the Gods. You have to be ok with their will.” Or they would punish her and their punishment wasn't easy, either. Ragnar had long ago accepted that the Gods gave with one hand and took with the other and if she wasn't careful they would take away everything she held dear and would feel no remorse for it.

“I never said you have to do the killing. I will do it,” Because he was a heathen and he would do what everyone else was afraid to do. He would kill with no guilt or remorse because it was what he'd been born to do. Pointless deaths would never get him into Valhalla but killing a trespasser wasn't pointless — it was protecting what he loved; something that Ragnar knew Odinn understood.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle tilted her head and looked down again her blue eyes glimpsed beneath lashes of silk. Thistle lifted her head the fire in her eyes ever present as always. I know Ragnar I would not disrespect them I've actually made sacrifices to them on my own when I sought help and when I needed help to heal julooke her friends name a small whisper on her tongue. She leaned into his nip as was customary.

she splayed ears gently I was not saying I wouldn't do it I was saying I would try but I have to know my shortcomings and the fact is I am a tiny woman and it may take some maneuvering but I could maybe win a fight or two. Though healing is what I do best. But that is fine with me you can wear the blood of protection in this little family.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar was surprised to hear that Thistle made sacrifices to the Gods, though he was without a doubt proud of her in the same vein. He offered her a soft twitch of his lips into a mischievous grin, drawing his lips against her cheek, grazing his teeth against her jaw with a soft groan of desire rumbling in his throat. “I know,” He assured her, letting his words drift against the fur at the cusp of her ear, continuing with his ministrations of lovers touches and stolen kisses. “Then you will heal and I will kill, just like before,” He had no issues with that. He had no issues with change, either, but sometimes sticking to the traditional way of things simply worked out for the better. “My queen,” Ragnar murmured in a sultry tone into the junction of her throat and jaw. Thistle, He purled her name with hungry eyes suggesting without actually speaking or, even, asking permission.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle's breath hitched as it always did at grin and though she narrowed eyes at his touches and light kisses she did not move away. She would allow them as she missed him more than she cared to admit. She froze as she always did when he was near her throat. She shifted smaller body and nipped at his shoulder harder than usual the fact of the matter she was still upset with him, but she was putty at his feet and the damned man knew it too. Even though it wasn't fair and it hurt and still needed her space, she gave in to the desires that pounded most everything else out for her.

she slid muzzle across his jaw and she nipped again at his shoulder she followed the column of strong shoulder upwards pausing to stand and move forward shoulder to shoulder then flank to flank followeing his spinal column with small nips and kisses, finally stopping and standing still with head turned sideways he could see glimpse of blue under lash and she waiting it was the only invitation he would get she was tired of talking.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I had this fade to black; also last post from Ragnar and I! You can reply once more or just have it archived as is, Danni. <3

Thistle nipped at his scarred shoulder hard and he growled at lowly at her, imperious to the sharp, momentary pain in the ruined nerves around the permanent reminder of the landslide at Horizon Ridge. He was not a fan of her nipping at the scar and one day, if she insisted on doing it, he'd likely snap at her. His other shoulder was a different story, but he had drawn the up to her on his right side and it was that shoulder she had latched onto, her bite more vicious in her anger at him. It had been painful for a few seconds and Ragnar had known pain so much worse but he lashed his teeth furiously against the skin and through the fur of her scruff (not hard enough to break it yet), having drawn back so that it was easily in his grasp, tongue soothing over it to return the gesture of pain she had bestowed upon him. In a showmanship of rare patience he held still as she peppered his body with kisses and nips the fire slowly building in his abdomen, pooling like molten lava in his loins.

Eventually his Queen wife's ministrations came to a halt, glimpsing back at him, the azure flash of her irises caught through her lowered lashes. Such delicate, pretty things, but then again Ragnar had long since established that every part of Thistle's body was pretty. He wasted little time to move so that he stood behind her and when her tail moved to the side, tickling the fur of his chest, Ragnar paused to give the junction where her tail met her body, showing her a gesture Nerian had showed him, a nibble the scarred Scandinavian moved to make love to her.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle growled softly right back, and she froze when his teeth hit the skin of her neck. Momentarily struck dumb by the small amount of pain, but also the pleasure that hummed up her spinal column and caused a momentary shiver to work it's way back. She wondered at it, but made a small noise in her throat caught off guard at it, unsure how to take the pain to pleasure idea. She'd think more about it later.

Thistle hummed in her chest again, but didn't say anything. She did shift however her tiny paws, grasping the dirt with them. A subtle shift of hips to hold his weight. Then she gave him a smile one that she hadn't given him in a awhile and waited.