Sheepeater Cliff peach & lime daquiri
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

As the hours of the afternoon drifted by, a shadow lined with platinum hairs hovered over the sides of a mountain. Its feet flying quickly over the grass barely making a sound. Was it a mouse? No, it was much bigger though the description suited him very well. He continued to scurry across the slopes of the mountain, keeping his head ducked while he made his way around a large boulder.

Finn Ollivander: too young to be considered a man, but to old to be a teen. Being caught in the middle had always been the male's predicament. During his childhood he was entangled right in the center of a nasty divorce, later he became that one rag that was dirty enough to throw out but still sat at a corner, simply gathering dust-- the leading couple of his pack loathed the boy while her mother clung to him.

The sound of a goat's baaah roused him from his senseless day-dreams, it also reminded him what he had climbed the mountain for. Food. After sniffing around for a bit and deciding that, in fact, the wind was in his favour he decided to move in. His hunting skills, unlike other aspects of her life, didn't fall in the middle.

incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
She hadn't intended on leaving the security of Blacktail Deer Plateau today, but once she had locked onto the fresh scent of Finn, Fox couldn't help but follow it. Once or twice, she got sidetracked and was thrown off-course by some other, more enticing smell, but she managed to retrace her steps and pick up where she had left off. It felt surprisingly good to be out and about, as this was the first time she had done so since arriving at the plateau. Granted, she had never been much of an explorer (that was Bazi's specialty), but she had enjoyed traveling to Blackfoot Forest to clear her mind. It was a shame she did not live so close to it any longer.

The peculiar sound of a sheep caused Fox to push her ears forward, and it wasn't long before she spotted the elusive Finn. She had been meaning to find him and speak to him (for what purpose, she did not know), so now seemed as good a time as any. “If it isn’t the fabulous Finn,” she greeted quietly so that she wouldn't disturb their meal. “Want some help with those sheep?” Hunting was an easy way to pass the time (and get a reward), and it would give her a chance to bond with one of her pack-mates.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Despite being considered one of the cool kids, Finn actually enjoyed the few moments of solitude that squeezed their way into his hectic life style. The silence wasn't as rewarding as the sound of laughter and admiration he often recieved from others but it was vital to balance the unsteady ways of his every day life. It was almost something therapeutic for the young man.

At that moment only the sound of the grazing sheep disturbed his therapy session, though the baahs and beehs quickly merged with the soothing melody from the enviroment --that until a soft voice tainted the impeccable tranquility that had settled over Finn. He was slow to react, maybe because he didn't even want to.

When he did turn to face the redhead, nothing but a feeble smile shined in his face.
Follwed me here? Flirty Fox? he barked with an equally low tone. He had not expected the fiery girl to be the one to interrpt his quiet time. After the scandalous announcement that one of her new mates had given, he had not encountered the flaming woman.

At her offer he couldn't resist shrugging his shoulders in a careless manner, Is hunting sheep also one of your specialties, or is it only men? , he teased. While he had felt a bit hurt when she had revealed that she not only had a man --but two. Yet his words were not meant as an offense or as a complain. It was merely a joke --like he had been to her.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox flashed him a toothy grin, though she couldn't help but correct him. “Truth be told, I didn’t even know of Peregrine and Lasher’s affairs before I was involved. I am merely the mate of Peregrine, and Lasher is a friend.” "For now..." Fox had certainly entertained the idea (and Lasher had hinted at as much) of being involved with Peregrine's swarthy lover, though she was not sure how she felt about it yet. Perhaps it would remain only in her thoughts, never to come to life. She did not know if Perry would take another, and she was sure that her feelings would be different if he'd had a lady lover, but for now, she was content with only Peregrine.

“And it’s true that I followed you here, but, sadly, not to jump your bones.” Fox paused, giving him a girlish smile, “Unless that’s what you’d like.” Her tone lingered between a joke and truth, because she honestly wasn't sure how she would react to another male wishing to be with her. Lasher was one thing... but Finn was another. She found it hard to fathom how such a thing would work, especially with all her feels. Those tricky, tricky things.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
He was not asking for explanations or reasons to validate her love affairs. Finn was never good when adressing matters of the heart, he usually bursted out a joke or a clever remark that made him stay in his comfort zone. He did not want the juicy details of how Fox and Peregrine cuddled up together at night with Lasher as a blanket. His head bobbed up and down as he hummed slowly, he did not comment on what Fox had just said. Even if she didn't know about Lashed before she had agreed to form a strange love triangle with him.

Leaving all the who's-with-who crap aside, she snapped to her usual witty self. While he enjoyed her amusing comments he was quite surprised when she threw at him what seemed to be an insinuating invitation. .. For what to join her collection of boys? No. He did not want to be part of the stock of toys the fiery female hoarded like Ken dolls.

Ah, as tempting as that sounds I'll have to decline, he barked while searching the flame's eyes. What would Boy1 & Boy 2 think of that?, he inquired, were they aware she wanted to expand her set of males?

In the background a chorus of baaaahs filled the silence inbetween his answers.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox furrowed her brow. Finn still seemed to think that she was more involved with Lasher than she actually was. “I’m not sleeping with Lasher,” she clarified, in case he hadn't gotten the hint the first time around, “so I doubt he would care. As for Peregrine, I don't know.” And would she tell him, even if she did have that knowledge? He seemed decidedly against his leaders' romantic entanglement. Was it jealousy? Was he sickened by it? Merely curious? Whatever the reason, he clearly had a problem with it, and Fox wasn't about to just "let it go."

“Do you have a problem with the arrangement Peregrine, Lasher, and I have?” she asked bluntly. There had been plenty of time to speak out at the meeting, and nobody had so much as peeped a single word. Instead, they came to her one-by-one or made offhand remarks about her lovelife. The last thing Fox needed was some sort of venom seeping in from the center of the pack.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

He had been right when he decided Fox was not like other girls. He had thought that since their fist encounter, but now it was clearer that ever. She did not only held an open relation with a man that had his own man candy, but she wasn't afraid of spitting venom-coated words at others when she felt threatened.

He did not really care if Fox had been banging Lasher as well, the fact that she had already promised herself to another man was a hands-off rule to him --if she had been nailing her boyfriend's boyfriend it would just have been an aditional turn off. He ignored the calls of the goats, as hungry as he was he did not want to offend the Alpha's lady which was on the rise to being Alpha herself.

A problem? No, it's just I didn't think you digged those kind of arrangements he barked with a shrug of his shoulders,And honestly I'm not the type of guy who likes sharing.. he added after a few seconds. He was a player that was true, so he did not mind batting his eyelashes at more than one girl, but when there was another male involved all interest was lost.

Call it jealousy, he'll just call it greed.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox scrutinized him, trying to figure out if he was hiding his true feelings on the matter. She wasn't sure that he was telling the truth or not, but Fox figured it wasn't worth the effort to figure it out. If he really disliked it, he could leave. Simple as that. Fox paused to scratch an itch, moving her gaze away from Finn for a moment. "To each their own," she replied, once the itch was gone. "Although I think it would be wise not to crack such jokes around Lasher or Peregrine." Or me. If he wanted to make fun of their arrangement, or call it unnatural, he would have to deal with the consequences.

"You were... hunting?" she asked, deviating away from the subject of her love life. She wondered if Finn understood that he was flirting with women left and right. He must have, she thought, but he did not seem to think that ladies could do the same. Flirting was harmless, and she wasn't sharing herself with anybody (yet). And while Lasher and Peregrine did have their own thing... Fox felt she would have been far more jealous (perhaps even intolerant) if it had been another woman.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
i love this fiery lady

Finn felt a bit self-concious when she gave him a light-hearted warning of not speaking in such ways when the Alpha and his lover were around. Nothing he had said had been meant as an insult or something of the sort, she had asked for his view on the subject and he had given her his opinion. He felt like a little void between the two began to form at that instant and though in the back of his mind he still felt jealous she had found not only another man but apparently the love of her life he tried to apologize. I'm sorry, Feisty Fox I did not mean to OFFFFFend you he barked making a huge emphasis on the 'f'. It had been their little joke when they had met and he hoped it would help easen the mood.

Even if she was a taked lady, he didn't want to cut her out of his life. The title of friends was not a dreadful option in this situation. He smiled at her and for once instead of feeling jealous, he genuinely wished her the best in the years to come. I was, until I was interrupted by this smoking hot girl he barked while his lips curled into a crooked smile, he wasn't really flirting to make her swoon but he knew how much she loved to be complimented. Do you wanna give me a hand? he invited her while motioning towards the unsuspecting goats with his muzzle
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
She nodded, giving him a smile to boot. While she still wasn't entirely convinced (for she held grudges like no other), she knew he was making an effort to mend the bond between them. Finn did seem to change his mood a bit, and Fox nodded when he asked if she wanted to help. “Sure!” she replied, wagging her tail. “I’m not the best hunter out there, but I know enough not to get myself killed.” Whether or not she would get the prey killed or not was about a fifty-fifty chance.

Fox followed Finn's lead, happy to help out where she could. The goats weren't far off, and she didn't think they'd have any trouble getting to them. Then again, this place was called "Sheepeater Cliff," and she wasn't sure if the name came from the wolves eating the sheep... or the cliffs eating them. She had never been terribly sure-footed, but she wasn't exactly a klutz, either.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

His olive eyes lit up as she seemed to put their little disagreement behind her and took his offer to be his hunting partner. He would've hated to think that his unwillingness to join her list of mates and his different view on having multiple lovers would've damaged the opportunity of a friendship. He chuffed soflty as she admitted she wasn't the best hunter but gave her a reassuring smile as he too wagged his tail.

You'll be fine and have a full belly if everything goes well he barked and pressed the tip of his nose on her shoulder before turning to face the grazing goats. His eyes scanned each of the individuals looking for any physically injured, elderly or particularly distracted.

Finally his eyes fell onto one well built, yet raggedy looking one that grazed at the edge of the group. It had a long and stained coat that revealed it was an older adult; and despite his maturity and to their luck it had one of it's horns broken. Making up his mind, Finn turned to glance at the fiery woman. Whatcha say we go for the dirty blond oldie over there? he asked, her opinion was important not only because she was higher in the pack's hierarchy but because she was after all his partner.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I'm thinking a sheep would have 12 HP or so (since rabbits are 5 HP). Wanna roll for success/failure? I'm happy to do the math. :)

Fox returned his gesture with one of her own, bumping her nose against his flank as he moved ahead of her. When Finn pointed out a particularly rugged looking sheep in the distance, Fox eyeballed it and nodded without a word. Hunting was one of the many things she did in silence. It was one of the most instinctual things a wolf could do, and she was well-aware of this. Body language spoke far louder than anything in this case, and she motioned for him to get on the opposite side of the animal. They would need to herd him away from the rest of his friends and family in order to have a chance at all.

Provided Finn obliged, Fox would begin moving herself toward their prey and attempting to scare him off that way rather than back to the herd. And if that worked, she would chase him toward Finn so that they could take the animal down together.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
sure but I don't know what to roll I'll just use the same code from sparring or.?
anyways here -- 4

A hollywood smile bubbled from his lips as she returned the friendly gesture and approved of the choice from the menu. The raggedy goat would be a fine meal for them both and perhaps there would even be left-overs for Fox to take to his lover and Finn to take to.. well that didn't matter now.

He gave a final nod to the fiery female and stepped away from her, with his body moving in a slow and frigidly calculated manner he began making his way around the herd. His plan was to position himself in at one of the curbs of the slope where he couldn't be seen. He poked his muzzle from his hiding spot and decided to serve as a distraction to give Fox enough time to cut the cord between their chosen piece of meat and the herd.

The silver boy sprung from his cover and flew towards some of the goats closer to him, he growled and snapped at them even if he had no desires of hunting them. The havoc created by the male's appereance would give Fox the chance to proceed with which could easily be the hardest part of the hunt.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Hehe, that's fine! Since it was four out of eight, I'm going to say they were unable to catch the durn thing. Failure, hooray! You can fade out with your next post if you'd like. ^__^

Despite their (what she thought was a) well-thought-out plan, the goat seemed privy to their actions before they had gotten very far along. As soon as their target spotted Finn, he shuffled with unexpected swiftness back to the herd, and Fox shook her head. Now that they'd realized they were on the menu, the herd began to trot off to some other, less reachable location, putting their weaker and sicker members in the middle. Fox huffed, unsatisfied that she hadn't even gotten a good chase in.

Trotting over to Finn, she slowed once she was a few yards away from him. “Maybe next time, eh?” She suggested, implying that there would, in fact, be a next time. “Were you gonna stay out here all day, or do you wanna head back with me?” She missed Peregrine, even though they hadn't been apart for more than a few hours. They were obviously still in their honeymoon phase.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
please tell me this can still be used as a gamekeeper's thread haha

Sadly the dirty old goat slipped from their grasp, and left the two wolves hungrily looking at each other while he limped back to his herd and mockingly baaaaahed to them a haha.

The silver male cursed under his breath while he approached the fiery lady with tired steps. He me her half-way since she was also trotting towards him, a dopey smile tugged at his lips as she shrugged off their unfortunate defeat. She was spunky and thick-skinned; he liked that.

Too bad she had already been snatched by another hungry wolf -- who, oh yeah that's right, happened to be his boss as well. He blinked rapidly and disposed the thought of Fox and him ever getting together from his mind. She was not for him, and his heart was not for her..

Finn smiled at the lady and with a playful woof accepted her offer to return emtpy handed. It'd be a shame since he was really craving some lamb chops.