Serpent Lake The Black Hat Resort for Useless Minions!
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
All Welcome 
Past the Steppes was a stony staircase with cascading water flowing down to a stream that settled into a small lake. It was scenic and serene, though his gaze was fixed on the mesa above. He wondered how much more beautiful the view was from up there, predicting "very" to be the answer. Without any further ado, he crossed the stream and began his search for a safe route up.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

well I thought I’d just jump in and see how these too get along :P

           

She had followed the stream for a long while, watching the small burble blossom into a large spit and eventually a river. The gurgling water flowed effortlessly into the larger lake, bubbles hovering just above the surface. Delicately she walked along the rocks, her paws swept with the chilly January water.

Padma hadn’t stood for long before the splashing of water signified another’s presence. A man, as black as night, appeared with his sights set on the plateau. She wasn’t one to take much enjoyment from the surrounding scenery, but this man was obviously entranced by the flat hill. Tilting her head, she looked up at the flat land. “I doubt there is much up there.”
"it is if everyone dies alone."
"Does that scare you?"
"i don't want to be alone."
3/5
0/5

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
So fixated on his destination, he didn't notice the stranger's presence until she spoke. He turned, taking in her ragged appearance. Christ, she'd been through hell and back, hadn't she? I hope not, means less work for me, He returned with a crooked smirk. He caught her scent, which marked her as a loner like himself. What about you? Have you got anywhere to be? He asked.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

His lip curled around crooked stained teeth, and the stick crown wobbled atop his head. A curious creature, the woman thought tilting her and returning a proportionately smaller grin, subconsciously, just the bare upturning of her mouth. “I suppose not. There isn’t much for us loners to do.”

Curiosity gleamed in Padma's amber gaze, her singular ear twitched. “Why seek the top if you hope to find nothing there?” Her natural inquisitive nature poked through her learned skin, her self-protective layer. Her observant gaze honed in on the scars that littered his frame, and the strike across his eye. It appeared they had both been through hell.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
That was his cue. Because I want to claim it as my own; I seek to rebuild my kingdom. I'd like for there to be prey of course, but nothing else. If you've got nowhere to be, perhaps you'd like to join me, He offered. What did she have to lose?

The name's Black Hat, by the way.
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

With a mischievous air around about her she dipped her head, “Perhaps.” Her lips pulled further apart, she was intrigued by this man. His stature and disposition were similar to that of her mother, a presence for which she deeply missed.

“I am Padma Morningside.” She offered her own name, taking a step forward to follow the man up the hill. While she hated her own name she offered it in full with a lingering hope that someone might recognize it and lead her home. Although as time continued forward and her memories of her family faded she wondered if she change her name to something more fitting of her darker dispositions.

“What happened to your kingdom before if rebuilding is necessary?” Padma herself had recently been apart of the losing side of a regime change and he absolutely no desire to go through such an experience again. Before she pledged herself to this man and his cause there were questions that she wished answered. The young woman disregarded the possible thin ice she might find herself upon.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She moved to follow him, which was a good sign. He continued on his path, now with Padma in tow. She asked a fair question, and he chided himself for oversharing. Not having to lie, cheat, and backstab every day left him rusty, he supposed. But no matter.

My pack was at war when I rose to leadership, and I was young. Reckless. We lost, and we scattered. So, I came here to start anew, He explained. Most of it was true, though simplified. The only lie was that the pack scattered — as far as he knew, his kingdom of old was still hale. But telling a stranger you were dethroned and banished didn't exactly inspire trust, now did it?
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

apparently class is a work block.... ie writing block haha

           

“I see.” His answer struck closer to home than she was comfortable with, a shudder involuntarily running along her spine. Other’s might offer an apology for his loss, or condolences for his lost position. She did neither.

“It seems most come to the Wilds seeking a new start.” They took an easy pace, picking through the rocks as the hillside grew steeper and steeper. “Tell me of your new kingdom then Black Hat. What do you dream of?” This was the key to her involvement. Was his dreams grand enough for her devotion? Was he worthy of her membership?
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He nodded at her sentiment, finding it to be especially true for each and every Nightwalker from outside of the Teekons — each one striving for power either lost or never tasted before, scrambling to the top in a pointless rat race. Black Hat was relieved to finally be free of it. Now, he was making true progress.

Padma asked about the present and future, which were his topics of choice. I want to rule a powerful kingdom, but not one that gets itself into trouble, He answered. In all honesty, I'm ready for my life to finally settle the hell down. Black Hat was getting up there in age, and he'd perservered through enough chaos for five lifetimes. He deserved a bloody break!

It was in this deep inner musing that he realized she was getting an awful lot out of him. Christ, was he really that frazzled? Admittedly, it was nice to vent a bit, but it was time for her to spill a bit in turn; it was only fair. And what of you, what do you dream of, Padma?
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

Bitter laughter accompanied a nod of her head. For a girl born of fire and drenched in blood {mostly her own}, Padma had often wondered what her life could become with someplace to call home. “A worthy desire to be sure.” She agreed whole heartedly with his ambition, her laughter dying into a graceful smile on his lips.

As usual her contentment was soon squashed, the grin slipping. What did she dream of? When was the last anyone had asked her such a question? When was the last time anything had been her decision? The fiery girl’s gaze fell the path before them, mind churning to find the perfect response. “I dream…” She started suddenly unsure of herself; self-conscience of his opinion. “I dream of camaraderie.” All the confidence her voice once held left suddenly, her desires spoken in a whisper.

She had been alone most of her life, and deep down all she desired was the chance to feel needed. “I want, to be wanted.” Wanted in a way she had never known from her family. It seemed this mysterious man would also be receiving more information than Padma had originally intended to reveal.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
writer's block; sorry for short smelly post. ;v;

Padma revealed a vulnerability to him: the desire to be wanted, needed. That was simple enough, he thought. Black Hat nodded in understanding, outwardly non-judgmental. Well, you're welcome to stick around. I could certainly use your help.
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

IM SO SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT!!!

She mulled over the offer, her thoughts running, analyzing the pro’s and con’s. The last few days had been rather difficult since her unexpected departure from her previous pack. She hadn’t spent winter along before, and she already detested the thought of continuing on her own.

Here before her stood an opportunity that she had never experienced. Joining a fledging pack. She continued to mull over the prospects in silence.

The con’s: following someone’s orders….

The pro’s: easier hunting, safety in numbers, chance for companionship….

The choice became obvious. “I can’t promise I’ll stay forever, but for now you seem to be my best prospect.” Besides she was thinking of all the ways to best manipulate this situation to her advantage.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5