Stavanger Bay Taking the time for me
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle strode from the den and sat down right outside, letting the dawning sun rise up and it's rays touch the amber and fawn colors of her face and pelt, that shone brightly in the light. She bent to lick her one white paw, and then stopped moving and closed her eyes to let it sluice down over top of her.

She tilted face towards the sky and smiled softly in the light. It was so pleasant to just sit and let the warmth dig deep into her face and warm her pelt from the outside in. She was slowly becoming accustomed to her life, granted yes she was still incredibly upset about it, but she was adapting to it. She hummed deep in her chest and shifted once and twice and then stopped moving relaxing in the morning air, the crisp breeze a strange feeling against the parts of her body where there were no sun touching her.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Hope you don't mind Beric here ^_^

Beric had taken to the heart of the territory this morning, deciding to roam through it rather than the outskirts, though he would still patrol as he should. For now, however, he wanted the certainty that he would not run into any trespassers. If they were this far into the territory, they had a death wish that he would certainly fulfill for them. But, without worry, he weaved in and out of the trees and through the brush without much of a direction. The weather was quite nice today with the sun shining brightly. The heart of the forest was the perfect spot to keep a little cool since it offered so much shade, and the breeze could still get through.

He stopped in his tracks when a gust of wind brought with it a scent. Thankfully, this scent was very familiar, and he didn't have to be on the defensive side. Head and tail lowering, he made his way the short distance to where Thistle was, following her scent. He chuffed softly to announce himself, keeping a respectable distance from the den entrance, and approaching so that she was between him and her den. The pups might be a little older, but Beric was sure Thistle was still a protective mother. He had never been this close to her den, and he didn't want to anger her. I was walking by and caught your scent, he admitted. Thought I would stop by... he added. He and Thistle hadn't really spoken much, but he respected her, and figured it would be a good idea for them to get to know each other better, especially since he was sure he was sticking with this pack.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
"I don’t mind at all ,"

Thistle had noticed the tireless ministrations of her packmates and how they continued to care for the pack lands and the pack. Beric had indeed stepped up she thought his eye on the prize of warden for himself, much like her husband. She still had not yet figured out what she wanted for a third trade, unsure and a little curious as to what to pick, but she would dwell on that another day.

Thistle opened blue eyes and looked over at the sound of a quiet chuff. She smiled at her fellow pack mate, Beric and dipped her muzzle to him. So I see that Claire is now one of us rather than a captive. Does this please you? She had known the male before her had been a bit put off by his friend and potential love interest being a captive, but the girl had crossed over the borders it was justified. It did not stop the man from being conflicted clearly, showing his good upbringing.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Thankfully, Thistle greeted him warmly and without hostility. Beric hadn't visited the dens of many mothers, so the experience wasn't there except to generally stay away from them. He walked a few more steps toward her before going down to his belly a few feet away from her. She asked about Claire and he couldn't hold back a smile, his head nodding up and down. It does, he admitted. You know how I felt those first couple of days, but... I'm very glad she's here. It's like a silver lining, he said. Yes, Claire had made a mistake and served her time for it, but in the end, she got to experience what a good pack life is like. I hope she chooses to stay for good. I know she's a little gun shy when it comes to packs. If she just let herself enjoy it, though, and meet the members of the Bay, he was sure she would like it.

Beric shifted a little, getting more comfortable in his position. So, how are the pups doing? They've grown, even since I've been here, he said, trying to make conversation. He didn't know Thistle Cloud very well yet, and so wasn't sure what conversation topics to pick. He thought it humorous that when it came to trespassers, he was confident, dominant, and sure of his next move. When it came to conversation with a pack mate, not so much.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was no longer hostile when it came to the babes unless they were threatened, mostly because they were roaming most of the time on their own now. At 11 weeks they were nearly 3 months old, halfway to half grown. Thistle chuckled Those that we love whether they be family, friend or lovers it is always nice to have them near. Why is she gun shy? Thistle was curious about her other pack mate, and she needed to know everyone if she were to help Ragnar lead. She would be the personable half to their whole, though Ragnar could be personable and charming in his own right, this she knew first hand.

Thistle smiled largely, always happy to talk about her children, they are fine Gyda has finally broken out of her shell, there for the longest time she would not come out of the den or speak, she doesn't like change you see. And in away i suppose we all coddle her being the only girl and all.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Thistle asked why Claire was gun shy with the pack. She's shy in general, and I think she finds it hard to open up to new wolves... She and her Mom were loners- I don't know if they were ever part of a pack at all- and her Mom had recently died when we first met. I don't think she's ever learned how to be a member of a pack of wolves. And, from the few words she spoke of the Idle, I don't think her experience there was positive enough, he explained. He did what he could with Claire, but eventually, she would need to figure out how best to socialize with her pack mates on her own.

Thistle explained the pups were doing good, although the little girl was defensive against change. Hmm, he replied, thinking. Well, I'm sure she'll see how much more fun it is how here than it is in the den. Way more stuff to do out here, he commented.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,

Thistle listened to him quietly and wondered at the female. Maybe she should make some time to talk with this Claire, get to know her. Thistle herself had been shy at first, fighting with Ragnar though at the time he had gone by Bjorn had helped her to come out of her shell. Perhaps Beric could do for Claire, what Ragnar had done for her. She wasn’t sure though, so she kept that to herself for the time being though she did admit her shyness. I was shy before this, very shy and very wary of others. She supposed if she thought about it, she was more wary now than she had been since her disaster with Crete, however she also was not as shy, so she had traded something somewhere along the line for something else though what she wasn’t sure. Ah Loners have it rather hard, I was not a loner long, but I was one long enough to know it is not an easy road to follow, and we need a pack to survive most often. The isle wolves sound like they were fools led by a fool, I apologize as I know you were once one, but they do not seem to be a good fit for anyone. Especially where the leader settled all of you. That was not his smartest move, not with my husband near. She grew quiet then, realizing she probably just managed to offend the other very badly.

Thistle chuckled and dipped her head I hope so, I would like them to be happy and adjusted and they can’t be if they are in the den all the time. Though the boys are very good at getting out and about, they want to prove to any and all that they can do anything their father can do. She chuckled to herself as she thought of their children.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Thistle seemed to understand Claire's situation, having been shy previously. If Thistle came out of her shell, Beric didn't see any reason why Claire couldn't. Sure, it was scary, and even Beric sometimes reverted back into himself, but he always did his best to make conversation. Thistle got into talking about the Isle wolves, and Beric sighed. She was right, of course- he didn't deny that. He hated, though, that Claire had to be caught up in it, as well. Maybe if she hadn't been trying to get away from there, she wouldn't have stumbled upon the Bay's borders. He nodded to Thistle Cloud, You're right, he acknowledged. I have no idea what was going through Majesty's mind... He was in love, I know, but there were better ways to handle the situation. It just seemed to stumble out of control so quickly before any of us seen it coming, he responded. We were blindsided. Well, at least he was, and it seemed several of his former pack mates had been as well. Either way, for now, it was the past and Beric was simply trying to live for today.

Thistle Cloud admitted she would like to see her children well-adjusted to the outside world and not cramped inside the den. Beric nodded, agreeing. I would go crazy if I was stuck in whole day after day, he said, smirking. Sure, they were good for naps and resting, but Beric preferred to spend the time he was awake away from the den. There was nothing cozy about it for him- it was just a hole in the ground that gave him a place to sleep away from the elements. Maybe you, Gyda, and the other women could have... a girls day... or something, he said, a little awkwardly. Did they have those? Show her around the territory and what's awesome about it, he added. Thistle Cloud had probably already tried that, though. She was a good Mom and knew what was best for her children.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Thistle had been shy, and she was becoming introverted again, only this time purely out of self preservation. She could not let herself out there, just to get her heart handed to her again. She had to guard herself if she wanted to survive at least half her life, with half her heart right. She heard his sigh and offered him a small smile I am sorry I know you were a part of them, I think it would have been fine, if not had settled so closely yes?

Thistle chuckled I do the only reason I had ever kept a den to begin with was simply to keep my herbs and poultices, now with children it is a must. Ragnar had made it as comfortable as possible, and she liked it, but lately she just found it suffocating and knew for a fact that once summer came around again she'd probably sleep outside. Too many wolves in one den. Thistle chuckled Maybe we could, but then my sons would need a day too. she was offering him an olive branch if he wished to take it.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
His pack mate apologized for her words against his former pack, wondering aloud if it would have been different if the Isle pack had chosen a different home. He shrugged, shaking his head. No need to apologize. I've made my peace with what went on, and I understand the commotion being there caused, he responded. Who knows if things would have been different... You know, if it wasn't the Isle and this pack, it could have been them and another pack. No one knows, he said. However, I believe things worked out best for me, he added, smiling. He was where he wanted to be- with his family- and he could not be sorry for that.

She mentioned her boys would want a day, too, if the girls got one. That made sense, in a juvenile way, to him. I, uh, don't have much experience with children, but maybe I can round up Verrine and we could all do something, he offered. He would not, could not, do it alone, but with a friend there, he was sure they could come up with something to do to entertain the new generation of wolves.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened to him turning downy ears towards him to hear him better and nodded. it was a commotion, and Ragnar warned them numerous times, they just didn’t listen. she frowned at that. Wishing that they had, perhaps they would not be all gone now, scattered to the four winds, wolves without a home. Thistle smiled that they did; you have gained a new family as well as your old one. It is nice to have a home with family. She gave him a large smile, that made her blue eyes twinkle, she was happy the male had found a home with family she really was.

Thistle chuckled I would check with Ragnar first, before you do something with the boys. Make sure he doesn’t have something planned. He has lessons with them daily. However, I think they would like that very much and Tveir likes Verrine. He calls him Ver. she grew quiet then happy to just past the time by.