Otter Creek Never forget that you are a villain
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
All Welcome 
For once, it wasn't snowing, though that didn't keep the chill at bay. Branching out in a new direction, Black Hat came across a quaint little creek. Reaching the waters' edge, he peered into the mirror to, unsurprisingly, find himself staring right back. It wasn't often he got to look at himself, else he'd do it all the time. Fur hopelessly ragged and marred eye stained red, he was quite the imposing figure... but handsome nonetheless. He donned his crown from a kingdom past as if it were part of his body, only removable if done so by force and not without a good fight.

But who was a king without his kingdom? Most became nothing, but he was still the fearsome, cunning, resplendent Black Hat. He sought to regain his title not because he'd be nothing without it but because it was the position he deserved. Black Hat was a natural-born leader, and his sudden dethronement left him relapsing from the absence of power. To willingly become a subject again after all the work he put into climbing to the top was simply out of the question.

So absorbed in himself and his self-reflection, the outside world faded into oblivion.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

They say curiosity killed the cat. But what about the wolf? Was the instinct equally as deadly. There was only one way to find out. And so the woman found herself slinking along the heels of her King. A wonder in her striking gaze.

What was he up to?

She crept forward, standing on the cusp of the forests edge.
"it is if everyone dies alone."
"Does that scare you?"
"i don't want to be alone."
3/5
0/5

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
At some point, he noticed the sound of footsteps. Tensing, he turned and was surprised to see Padma standing there.  Better a comrade than anyone else, he supposed. Padma. What are you doing here? Had she followed him all the way here without so much as a "hello"? That'd be a questionable act at best.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

Of course she had. The distrusting woman that she is.

With him noticing her, Padma stepped forward out of the shadows. A small innocent smile on her lips, the look an odd combination with her missing ear and extensive scares. "Can't a girl say hello? I noticed you leaving." She looked down at her paw as it fiddled with a rock beneath her foot. "I was merely curious." She peaked, an amber eye flicking up from the ground.
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He grunted at her innocent facade. Yes, though they normally say 'hello' before trailing behind me for miles, He retorted, though he was more befuddled than anything. Black Hat turned to face her fully. No need to be shy, I won't bite. I was scouting around a bit, getting a better feel for the lay of the land. That and seeing if I'd stumble upon anything useful, He explained, hoping that'd put her at ease. It wouldn't do for his followers to be so distant.
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

She gave a nodded, taking slow steps forward her gaze switching to a more inquisitive look. "Oh I think you can bite quite hard." She cast him a sly grin, slinking that much closer. "And have you... stumbled upon anything useful?"

Padma dipped her head to the ground, scenting the creek. The creek was obviously a popular watering area during the cold weather. She stowed that knowledge for later. Her amber eyes returned to her ruler, appraising him.

"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He chuckled at her remark, putting his abnormally large snaggleteeth on display. I said 'I won't', not 'I can't', He pointed out with a mischievous gleam in his good eye. Of course, any animal with a mouth could bite, but that was never the most pertinent question to ask.

Padma inquired if he'd found anything. Other than this creek, no. But now that you're here, perhaps that will change. Black Hat stood. Fancy a hunt? He offered, finding that ample opportunity for the pair to become more acquainted with one another.
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

She offered her own amused grin at his comment, nodding her head softly, "Touché" She offered, looking around at his suggestion. "I thought you'd never ask." Once again her nose fell toward the ground, searching for the most applicable prey for just the two of them. "Might have a heard time finding something with winter lingering."
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
"I thought you'd never ask." Black Hat snorted.

Believe it or not, I'm quite the gentleman when I want to be, He retorted.

"Might have a hard time finding something with winter lingering."

Perhaps, but it's worth a shot. Mirroring her, his nose went to the ground and sifted through the scents there. This stream appears to be popular with otters. Ever hunted them before? Because he sure hadn't. He knew they lived by water and were swift swimmers, but that was it.
♚ JOIN CORONA
The black of heart
131 Posts
Ooc — Keg

           

Padma wasn’t sure she could believe the man or not, a gentleman? He would have to prove it before she believed it. Holding in her own snort, Padma instead focused on the greasy smell of otters. They were slippery little buggers. Padma begrudgingly nodded her head, “Not successfully, I’m afraid.”

After he short time with Strand, Padma had become quite the fisher. And on one or more occasions the young woman had ventured to the land creatures that tended to linger near the waters edge. Including otters. The wiley buggers. “Have you caught one before?”
"Does that scare you?"
3/5
0/5