Great Bear Wilderness What? W-who are you? [j]
<div><span style="color:#48c500;">I</span><span style="color:#49c600;">'</span><span style="color:#49c800;">d</span><span style="color:#4ac900;"> </span><span style="color:#4aca00;">l</span><span style="color:#4bcc00;">i</span><span style="color:#4bcd00;">k</span><span style="color:#4cce00;">e</span><span style="color:#4cd000;"> </span><span style="color:#4dd100;">t</span><span style="color:#4dd200;">o</span><span style="color:#4ed400;"> </span><span style="color:#4ed500;">s</span><span style="color:#4fd600;">t</span><span style="color:#4fd800;">a</span><span style="color:#50d900;">y</span><span style="color:#50db00;"> </span><span style="color:#51dc00;">b</span><span style="color:#51dd00;">u</span><span style="color:#52df00;">t</span><span style="color:#52e000;"> </span><span style="color:#53e100;">I</span><span style="color:#53e300;"> </span><span style="color:#54e400;">m</span><span style="color:#54e500;">i</span><span style="color:#55e700;">g</span><span style="color:#55e800;">h</span><span style="color:#56e900;">t</span><span style="color:#56eb00;"> </span><span style="color:#57ec00;">h</span><span style="color:#58ed00;">a</span><span style="color:#59ed00;">v</span><span style="color:#5aee00;">e</span><span style="color:#5bef00;"> </span><span style="color:#5cef00;">t</span><span style="color:#5df000;">o</span><span style="color:#5ef100;"> </span><span style="color:#5ff100;">g</span><span style="color:#60f200;">o</span><span style="color:#61f300;"> </span><span style="color:#62f300;">t</span><span style="color:#63f400;">o</span><span style="color:#64f500;"> </span><span style="color:#66f500;">s</span><span style="color:#67f600;">t</span><span style="color:#68f700;">a</span><span style="color:#69f800;">r</span><span style="color:#6af800;">t</span><span style="color:#6bf900;"> </span><span style="color:#6cfa00;">o</span><span style="color:#6dfa00;">v</span><span style="color:#6efb00;">e</span><span style="color:#6ffc00;">r</span><span style="color:#70fc00;"> </span><span style="color:#71fd00;">a</span><span style="color:#72fe00;">g</span><span style="color:#73fe00;">a</span><span style="color:#74ff00;">i</span><span style="color:#75fe01;">n</span><span style="color:#76fd03;">.</span><span style="color:#77fc04;">.</span><span style="color:#77fb05;">.</span><span style="color:#78fa07;">a</span><span style="color:#79f908;">n</span><span style="color:#7af809;">d</span><span style="color:#7bf70a;"> </span><span style="color:#7cf60c;">I</span><span style="color:#7df50d;"> </span><span style="color:#7df40e;">w</span><span style="color:#7ef310;">o</span><span style="color:#7ff211;">n</span><span style="color:#80f112;">'</span><span style="color:#81f114;">t</span><span style="color:#82f015;"> </span><span style="color:#83ef16;">h</span><span style="color:#84ee18;">a</span><span style="color:#84ed19;">v</span><span style="color:#85ec1a;">e</span><span style="color:#86eb1c;"> </span><span style="color:#87ea1d;">t</span><span style="color:#88e91e;">o</span><span style="color:#89e81f;"> </span><span style="color:#8ae721;">g</span><span style="color:#8ae622;">o</span><span style="color:#8be523;"> </span><span style="color:#8ce425;">h</span><span style="color:#8de326;">o</span><span style="color:#8fe329;">m</span><span style="color:#90e42d;">e</span><span style="color:#92e430;">,</span><span style="color:#93e434;"> </span><span style="color:#95e437;">g</span><span style="color:#96e53b;">e</span><span style="color:#98e53e;">t</span><span style="color:#9ae542;"> </span><span style="color:#9be545;">u</span><span style="color:#9de649;">s</span><span style="color:#9ee64c;">e</span><span style="color:#a0e650;">d</span><span style="color:#a1e653;"> </span><span style="color:#a3e756;">t</span><span style="color:#a5e75a;">o</span><span style="color:#a6e75d;"> </span><span style="color:#a8e761;">b</span><span style="color:#a9e864;">e</span><span style="color:#abe868;">i</span><span style="color:#ace86b;">n</span><span style="color:#aee86f;">'</span><span style="color:#b0e972;"> </span><span style="color:#b1e976;">a</span><span style="color:#b3e979;">l</span><span style="color:#b4e97d;">o</span><span style="color:#b6ea80;">n</span><span style="color:#b7ea84;">e</span><span style="color:#b9ea87;"> </span></div>
4 Posts
Ooc — Caylin
This is the thread for Nokori joining @Cara

Nokori

The brute stood at the edge of the river, mist on his snout and chest, rippling water wetting his paw pads. He breathed out of his nose loudly, almost a snort, more of an exhausted sigh. He'd been walking around for days, searching for small prey, and any signs of his family. But instead, he found a 'stupid' river as he thought of it.

"This is it," he whined, "I'm dying here!"

He sat down, staring at the rapidly coursing water. He knew there were fish here, somewhere. And he knew that somewhere, a deer was waiting for his leave to get themselves water. But that didn't matter at the moment. No hunger could combat the delirious sense of loneliness in his whole body. A low whine whistled from his nostrils, Nokori began to whine open mouthed to his paws, to the river, to the sky.

"Mom? Dad? Otome, Seion......Bukimina?" He called out hopelessly, realizing the likelihood of a response coming to him was slim.

He stood, and turned, head low and lolling, large paws stubbornly slapping the moist terrain. He surpassed the tree line and stopped walking among a group of blossoming dogwood trees. As long as he was going to mope, he would do it somewhere pleasant.

I just don't understand why I can't find them, it's like I forget my own family's scent. He was troubled, indeed. It was no use in trying to find them for the time being, considering he'd been searching for the healthier part of year and a half.

Around October, Nokori can't remember, he recollects one hunting trip with his whole family pack, Musei no Umi, where they were in a surplus period of rabbit. Between all 6 of them, they each had three or four kills. Not that Nokori was much of a hunter, it was always his sisters, Otome and Seion who excelled at hunting for the family. Nokori and his brother Bukimina on the other hand, not so much. Bukimina always fought with his father and Nokori, attempting to grow stronger and one day surpass his father and become their Alpha.

"Buki," as they called him, had a 'Grand Plan' to pick up lone female wolves and strong brutes from other packs to create a legacy.. Not too successful, Buki was much too selfish of a leader and not a very kind guy anyway. Nokori always found more interest in communication, and dabbled with healing. He never won a fight against Buki, which is why he cowered so much in his presence.

"I need to join a pack, this isn't healthy, sitting around for months on end trying to find wolves that probably cease to exist!" Nokori croaked aloud. He lay beneath a Dogwood, aiming to find some solace in a nap...

Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Hope it’s okay to join this  I tried to match your length but Sitri just isn't that bright :D

Sitri was not far away when he heard noises coming from the are near his home land. He was content to follow the warden trade so he shifted his paws and headed in that way. Smelling and listening for noises, his mouth and nose still tender from the animal that had bitten him with it’s butt. He heard the snort and sped up to try and catch whoever it was, the pinpricks of open skin on his nose still slightly noticeable, but not completely.

He heard the words dying and slowed his step, fearful, since the most recent issue with the now gone Queen Jinx. Sitri stood in the copse of trees watching as a young brute sat near the river talking to himself. He watched quietly, waiting to see if the boy was just talking to himself or if he was going crazy like the Queen had in her rabie induced rage and angst. Sitri’s tattered and torn scarred ears slid backwards across his skull as the boy whined and he looked around debated whether or not to turn and run the other way as fast as he could, in case this boy had the rabies.

Sitri listened as the boy called out names and then he stood still as the youth plodded away towards the dogwoods. Realizing he was being rather cold and cruel, he stepped forward from the shadows and the trees and followed this youth at a jog. Large paws slipping in the terrain, brown body showing strong and full in the light of day, covered by his many scars. Red eyes searched out the youth and wondered at his issues.

Finally, Sitri got close enough to chuff a greeting and he stood tall and stong in the daylight, waiting for what the boy had to say. I’m Sitri you awful close to our borders. Do you need something?
<div><span style="color:#48c500;">I</span><span style="color:#49c600;">'</span><span style="color:#49c800;">d</span><span style="color:#4ac900;"> </span><span style="color:#4aca00;">l</span><span style="color:#4bcc00;">i</span><span style="color:#4bcd00;">k</span><span style="color:#4cce00;">e</span><span style="color:#4cd000;"> </span><span style="color:#4dd100;">t</span><span style="color:#4dd200;">o</span><span style="color:#4ed400;"> </span><span style="color:#4ed500;">s</span><span style="color:#4fd600;">t</span><span style="color:#4fd800;">a</span><span style="color:#50d900;">y</span><span style="color:#50db00;"> </span><span style="color:#51dc00;">b</span><span style="color:#51dd00;">u</span><span style="color:#52df00;">t</span><span style="color:#52e000;"> </span><span style="color:#53e100;">I</span><span style="color:#53e300;"> </span><span style="color:#54e400;">m</span><span style="color:#54e500;">i</span><span style="color:#55e700;">g</span><span style="color:#55e800;">h</span><span style="color:#56e900;">t</span><span style="color:#56eb00;"> </span><span style="color:#57ec00;">h</span><span style="color:#58ed00;">a</span><span style="color:#59ed00;">v</span><span style="color:#5aee00;">e</span><span style="color:#5bef00;"> </span><span style="color:#5cef00;">t</span><span style="color:#5df000;">o</span><span style="color:#5ef100;"> </span><span style="color:#5ff100;">g</span><span style="color:#60f200;">o</span><span style="color:#61f300;"> </span><span style="color:#62f300;">t</span><span style="color:#63f400;">o</span><span style="color:#64f500;"> </span><span style="color:#66f500;">s</span><span style="color:#67f600;">t</span><span style="color:#68f700;">a</span><span style="color:#69f800;">r</span><span style="color:#6af800;">t</span><span style="color:#6bf900;"> </span><span style="color:#6cfa00;">o</span><span style="color:#6dfa00;">v</span><span style="color:#6efb00;">e</span><span style="color:#6ffc00;">r</span><span style="color:#70fc00;"> </span><span style="color:#71fd00;">a</span><span style="color:#72fe00;">g</span><span style="color:#73fe00;">a</span><span style="color:#74ff00;">i</span><span style="color:#75fe01;">n</span><span style="color:#76fd03;">.</span><span style="color:#77fc04;">.</span><span style="color:#77fb05;">.</span><span style="color:#78fa07;">a</span><span style="color:#79f908;">n</span><span style="color:#7af809;">d</span><span style="color:#7bf70a;"> </span><span style="color:#7cf60c;">I</span><span style="color:#7df50d;"> </span><span style="color:#7df40e;">w</span><span style="color:#7ef310;">o</span><span style="color:#7ff211;">n</span><span style="color:#80f112;">'</span><span style="color:#81f114;">t</span><span style="color:#82f015;"> </span><span style="color:#83ef16;">h</span><span style="color:#84ee18;">a</span><span style="color:#84ed19;">v</span><span style="color:#85ec1a;">e</span><span style="color:#86eb1c;"> </span><span style="color:#87ea1d;">t</span><span style="color:#88e91e;">o</span><span style="color:#89e81f;"> </span><span style="color:#8ae721;">g</span><span style="color:#8ae622;">o</span><span style="color:#8be523;"> </span><span style="color:#8ce425;">h</span><span style="color:#8de326;">o</span><span style="color:#8fe329;">m</span><span style="color:#90e42d;">e</span><span style="color:#92e430;">,</span><span style="color:#93e434;"> </span><span style="color:#95e437;">g</span><span style="color:#96e53b;">e</span><span style="color:#98e53e;">t</span><span style="color:#9ae542;"> </span><span style="color:#9be545;">u</span><span style="color:#9de649;">s</span><span style="color:#9ee64c;">e</span><span style="color:#a0e650;">d</span><span style="color:#a1e653;"> </span><span style="color:#a3e756;">t</span><span style="color:#a5e75a;">o</span><span style="color:#a6e75d;"> </span><span style="color:#a8e761;">b</span><span style="color:#a9e864;">e</span><span style="color:#abe868;">i</span><span style="color:#ace86b;">n</span><span style="color:#aee86f;">'</span><span style="color:#b0e972;"> </span><span style="color:#b1e976;">a</span><span style="color:#b3e979;">l</span><span style="color:#b4e97d;">o</span><span style="color:#b6ea80;">n</span><span style="color:#b7ea84;">e</span><span style="color:#b9ea87;"> </span></div>
4 Posts
Ooc — Caylin
(August 15, 2014, 02:44 AM)Nokori Wrote:
that's okay, I felt like it was too long lol

Nokori

A rustling as smooth and low as another approaching wolf didn't seem to alarm Nokori. He opened his eyes slowly, blinking a few times to readjust the contrast of lighting. A normal breath turned short and caught in his throat, he bolted upright and sat on his behind, so far back that he fell onto his spine. Unfortunately, his face smacked the ground and when he repositioned himself, his left flank was covered in dirt, along with the rest of his left half.

"....Who...." he struggled to push out words, "Who are......y-you?"

Nokori must've looked like he had a case of the rabies with the bewildered look he had in his eyes. From seeing very little to no wolves in the past year, it was as if this brute was an alien specimen. He scooted backward until he was against the tree, and lifted to his paws.

His body adopted both a fearful and curious nature. "I don't mean to intrude, I'm sorry! I-I......I don't r-r-really know where b......borders are around here. Honestly I don't know wwhere I am!"

Nokori felt ahsamed of himself, how dare he overstep the boundary of a pack? What an idiot. He sort of bowed, but also tripped over his large feet, again making a fool of himself.

"...My name is, Nokori. I'm...I'm looking for my family. Well, I have been. I....don't know what happened. They've been gone for a year now..." the wolf started to whine with his words, letting all of his vulnerability show. "I'm by the river because I figured I could catch some fish, but that river is so harsh.. I'm sorry I ramble...Siri? You said? S-Sirta?"

Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri was a bit surprised that the other wolf hadn’t heard him come up. He wasn’t a light wolf, nor was he a completely silent one. He had been making noise to be heard, and still the youth did not hear him? It was confusing to the brute who was aware of his surroundings at all times, all times. Even when he was so tired that he could barely stand he knew who was around him? What was happening around him? And why. Sitri stopped moving as the boy reeled backwards and fell both on his back and his face and he snorted in slight irritation. Should be more aware of your surroundings boy? was his only gruff retort.
Sitri perked his tattered ears forwards at the youth’s stuttered words and then he stood up to his full height. This wolf he is Sitri. You are? He then waited with baited breath for the youthful male to speak.

Sitri continued to stare in disbelief and bewilderment as the boy scooted backwards and pushed against a tree getting as far away from him as possible. He looked down, he supposed the blood that rode high on his jaw and the scars were rather fearsome to look at, but well he was what he was. There was no changing it. Sitri listened and sighed You are not past borders yet, you are close to them. surely the boy knew the difference between smells. You smelled other wolves no?

Sitri chuckled as the boy tried to bow, he remembered when he had been disproportioned and odd shaped. It had taken him a few months to grow into his large paws. Sitri listened and said quietly Well met Nokori. I am Sitri and you are near the Spine. Sitri could not say their official name it eluded him at the best of times. He drew out his name then SIII TRI. He looked at the youth and shook his head, with a low rumble he bent near the waters edge and with practiced ease he grasped a fish in his jaw and threw it to the boy, then lifting his muzzle to the sky he called for the new alpha @Cara Sitri bring the alpha to talk with you, maybe she saw your family.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

The Frost Queen arrived as fast as her feet could carry her, she was not far and with elegant strides of her long elegant limbs she was quick to show up at the scene. Her eyes trailed from the chocolate mountain that was Sitri and onto another unrecognized silhouette. She raised her tail over her back and padde over to the pair of males, she had her eyes on the newcomer, still she did not worry she had begun to trust Sitri more after she had been named Alpha nd the little rivalry between them had died out.

She stepped besides Sitri, lightly brushing her tail against his side when passing by him, "Hello", she barked only at Sitri at first while still eyeing the strange male from head to toe. After giving him a closer inspection she stepped a bit closer --still holding onto her dominant body stance. "And who might you be? she asked while sinking her pale yellow eyes into the stranger's orbs.

4 Posts
Ooc — Caylin
sorry for such a late reply, i had a wedding and beach party to go to for the past two days!! (also how can i obtain a cool photo reply like yours cara?)

Nokori

Nokori's vermilion colored eyes flipped back and forth between the two wolves; he scanned the scene carefully. Now in the presence of an Alpha, he made himself look more comfortable, not so freaked out. He waited a very long time before he spoke, willing his stutter to bid him goodbye for the time being.

"My name is Nokori...I am, was in M-Musei no Umi...my family pack. I...I've lost them, about a...a year ago. S-sitri told me I was close to your territ-t-tory, I don't mean to be..." he managed to say with some confidence.

Though he was able to speak, he was still in shock, no moving a muscle other than his lips and eyelids. His claws had sunk noticeably into the soft dirt he stood on, as well as his paws. Nokori breathed quietly, but was obviously shuttering.

To once again be in the presence of wolves was something nearly foreign to him. He didn't know how to behave anymore. Not to mention that he couldn't smell them very well. Even when the female brushed upside the male, no burst of smell, no smell at all really.

It worried him, over the year it had done nothing but gotten worse, he wondered if it was something to do with his family disappearing. That, and the fact that he had no familiarity with the land here, nor did he know the names of places he'd been roaming.

"I assume this is the part you tell me to leave...ban me off y-your land."

361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri watched as the youth changed his position and he seemed a little more relaxed now. Though he still held his muscles pretty tightly, to most it would not be seen, but Sitri had grown up learning most of what he did know from observing.

Sitri heard the stutter and felt for the boy. He himself had a stutter longago, and he was far from able to speak perfectly and without mistakes. He watched as his claws dug into the ground. Sitri wondered why the boy was so nervous, was he really that scary. He swiveled his tattered ear towards the youth.

Sitri tilted his head and spoke quietly you are not on our land yet. he was confused, what was wrong with this youth that made him so nervous and why hadn’t he noticed their borders the smell was over powering everything else?
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

Cara eyed the boy as he were a miserable pup shivering in the cold, his stuttering and his lack of security reinforced the yearling's self-confidence, even if she was big like Sitri or built with muscle she was pretty sure she could make the scared male lose his footing with a simple blow of her forehands.

The usually ill-tempered female didn't snap when the newcomer stumbled over his words and squirmed helplessly under her gaze; usually she would've felt annoyed at the male's stuttering and mumbling but this time she was filled with a strange and mushy feeling of pity when she looked at him.

He tried to explain he was a lost soul, and that he was sorry --for what, she didn't know-- and that he was prepared to leave if the Queen ordered to. She examined him for a few seconds before answering; as Sitri has said he wasn't an intruder so there was no real reason to chase him out of ban him.. He was lanky and fidgety but he might serve the pack in some way..

"What is it you want Nokori?", she asked while flicking her tail over her back expectantly.