Pain is nothing but a contender
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Bazi You can still join if you like, but I'm opening this for his sister. @Vienna care to join in she could have followed him or something.

Jace woke with a strangled cry and a retch of bile deep in his throat at the pain that burned white hot up his leg and into his chest. He lay there his chest heaving, hurting worse while he fought to calm down and he squeezed his eyes tight at the pain and pressure deep within his inner most chest and shoulder. Bowing his head he struggled to his feet, each movement painful and causing a heaving gasp of pain. Finally, he stood on aching limb it was always worse at night and the colder it got at night.

He walked or more like limped down the mountainside, cursing himself up one side and down the other for his hot blooded temper. He whimpered as he walked, but he gritted his teeth and continued down. Hopefully, the way back up wouldn’t be as so bad, but he needed to get away far far away from the sunspire for a brief interlude.

He made it to the newly christened Ember wood, thanks to Red, who had just disappeared leaving broken hearts and broken trust in her wake. He panted as he made it and then he sat there and stared off into space, as the nighttime creatures came to life, his blue eyes took it all in while he panted in pain.

I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Vienna was, in truth, somewhat worried about Jace. True, he had never held her characteristic brightness, but he seemed more withdrawn than usual. She wasn't sure if it was his injuries or something more, but she didn't much like it.

She was out stargazing when she heard him pass. She would have missed him if it hadn't been for the low whimper he let out, his pelt dark as night and making it hard to see him in the gloom. Looking abruptly down from the constellations, her eyes narrowed, and she could barely make out his shape as he continued his descent. Without a word she got up and padded after him. If he was going to be out wandering injured she wasn't about to let him go alone. If he needed some space, that was fine, but she would still be within a short distance.

She stayed behind him, a ghost treading his footsteps, until they reached the Emberwood. There he stopped. It was obvious he was in pain, but she didn't really know what she could do for him that wasn't already being done. It was up for time to heal him now. "Jace, are you okay?" She came up beside him, brushing her pelt against his. "Do you want some company?" She hoped so. She felt like they hadn't spoken in ages.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace had been withdrawn he couldn’t help it, Leaf was gone he couldn’t even find her scent anymore and he couldn’t venture too close to the creek without getting killed on site. He could barely walk and he couldn’t hunt, so yes he was feeling a bit sorry for himself. However, he hadn’t realized anyone noticed he just thought everyone else was so caught up in their own issues. And Ferdie was so obsessed with the pups no one could see them. Yea he could understand it if it were for some cultural thing, but Ferdie just didn’t want anyone to be near them and that bothered Jace a lot….it was normal for other wolves to at least bring food to the den mouth. He frowned thinking hard. He knew it was normal for the males to not want the pups to be seen, but these weren’t even his pups. Jace shook his head enough of this he was overthinking and over analyzing and it was bull.

Jace heard someone following him, one sniff was enough to prove it was his sister so he said nothing as they traveled down the mountain. Mostly to keep from screaming in agony at every foot fall and step. Jace turned blue eyes to his sister after she had answered him and he smiled Yes I’m okay just sore and I would love some company from you any time songbird. He nipped gently at her ear to let her know he was there and happy to see her.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
His plight was almost enough to make her regret her decision not to take up the healer role... almost. But she was sure that those in the pack who were following that path had the knowledge and skill to help her brother out. She felt badly, though, knowing he was in pain and not knowing how to help him. Though she guessed distraction would do something at least.

She returned the nip playfully, pleased that he was happy she was there. "Like you could get rid of me," she teased. In reality, he could rather easily, but he was probably aware of that. He knew how anti-conflict she was.

"You know you can tell me anything, brother," she added, lightly but without the joking manner. He looked like he had a lot on his mind, and while she wouldn't pry, she wanted him to know that she was willing to listen. It wouldn't leave this wood, whatever they discussed.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He chuckled as his sister looked him over. I'm okay Vienna, there's not much the healers can do anyway, the wounds inside. He grew quiet and stretched his sore muscles gently, unsure what else to do to ease the pain and tightness in his chest.

Jace laughed I wouldn't want too, you do my heart good, besides i need my older sister around even if it is only 30 minutes older. He chuckled at her and licked the side of her face in happiness, he was glad she was here.

Jace sighed I know but where do I begin? I am loyal to a fault Vienna you know this, but I am finding i'm not thrilled with Ferdie at the moment and i don't know how to get past it. Firstly, he's hiding these children away, and though it is admirable that he wants to care for them like his own, I also find it unfair if their real father comes looking for them and it will cause Ferdie pain, and he doens't handle emotional pain very well trust me. Secondly, he thinks he needs to take a mate right now and he doesn't, and why take a mate if you're both going to be miserable? I just don't understand, and perhaps I am too young to understand. he grew quiet and shifted his weight laying down in a Sphinx like position and looked up at his sister. And I can't hunt or run, two of my favorite things to do. I feel like a waste of space at the moment, because i'm so hot tempered.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She laughed. "And don't you forget it, little brother!" This was normally the point where she would pounce on him, but now was hardly the time for that. So she settled with giving him a return lick, right on the end of his nose.

On a more serious note, though, she sat silently as he spoke of his doubts. Never one to see anything but the best in a situation, she had not taken note of the failings of their leader, a blessing and a curse. Such blindness was a fault in that it could leave her vulnerable to advantage, but a blessing because she rarely leapt to hasty conclusions.

"To guard one's young is natural, but I do agree, no father should be forced from his children should he wish to raise them." It broke her heart to think about... imagine if someone had wished to take them away from their father? He'd have killed any in his path who attempted such a thing, for a father's love was formidable, not something to be taken lightly. To have something like that turned against the Sunspire would be bad in and of itself, let alone the moral wrong of separating parent and child.

She must be too young as well, for the desire for a mate had yet to spring up in the forefront of her mind. True, it would be nice to have someone to share such a bond with, but it was not something to be forced. If he was rushing into things, that wouldn't bode well for his pack, for whoever he took would likely become his right hand. Ferdie seemed a traditionalist in that. Their Alpha would need to be chosen with care, not simply to ease loneliness. She wanted to believe that he would be wise in this, but if Jace was worried, she had to see that perhaps something was off. Her family were the only ones whose word she would take objectively.

"The hunting and running will come, at least, but the rest.... you are my family, Jace. Where you go, I go." She paused. There would be some she would be sad to leave, Summer and Ferdie coming to mind, but she wanted him to be happy. She doubted he would make a hasty decision, but she wanted it to be clear. "If you at any point decide that it would be better to go, know that I will follow." She gave him a smile. "Like I said, you can't get rid of me easily."
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled and then sneezed as his sister's feather light lick tickled his nose. Jace hated to speak of his doubts to his sister, she was a natural optimist. There was hardly anything that could shake her foundations or her happiness. However, he did know that his words and his moods could affect her if he let them. So he did his best to keep unpleasant things form her. Sometimes he envied her in a way, she could take things with a grain of salt, but it also made him that much more protective, because she didn't always see the things that could happen. But he would not change her.

Jace nodded his head in agreement. If anyone had tried to keep their father away from them, he would have ripped them apart. Jace himself was fairly certain if it was ever decided for him to take a mate, that he would be an exceptionally protective father, and if not him but his sister he would be a protective uncle.

Jace chuckled and nudged his sister under her chin I'm not going anywhere right now Vienna, hadn't even really thought about it. But if that should change I will let you know gladly.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"Okay, good. You better." She almost continued with 'not leave me again' but stopped the words before they came. She'd mean it in a joking way but she wasn't sure he would take it as such. He'd been so full of guilt where she was concerned for so long that she wished to keep strengthening their relationship, not dredging up old things like that. Happy things were much better, were they not?

"Is that all that was bothering you, mopey-face?" she jested, nipping at one of his ears playfully. She felt like she didn't really know what was going on in his life anymore, a failing on her part on the role of 'supportive older sister'. She'd like to rectify that if possible.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace heard the unspoken words, and frowned in contemplation. He hadn't meant to leave her the first time, but he had to get away for a little while, especially after hurting her the way he did. Needed to forge his own path, learn to control himself a little better. I won't leave you again Vienna. He gave her a crooked grin, happy she was here, and not at all offended. Once upon a time he would have been riddled with guilt, but he was gaining maturity as he grew.

He sighed and looked at her, should he tell her about Leaf. He supposed her could, but would she understand. As far as he knew his sister had no care about mates, and he really didn't either, he had just been learning to like the girl, well it was definately more than like, but she left before he completely learned. Well I miss Leaf. She drove me crazy, but in a good way. There was just...she was just...i don't even know and now her scent is gone. I have no idea where she is. I hate that we are fighting with the creek. I had some really good friends there really good!.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Vienna smiled back, glad he wasn't offended. She hadn't realized her intentions were so easy to read, though really she should be used to it by now. Her face was an open book. She knew that, she truly did, but it was good to hear him confirm it.

She might understand more than he knew. True, she was far from thinking of mateship, but that did not mean she knew nothing of the connections between two individuals. Even if hers had only been comprised of friendship thus far. "That is stupid that you had to give up friendships for a silly feud. But isn't there a chance that we can mend things, on neutral ground?" She didn't know what to do about Leaf, though she mentally filed the name away. She understood what that hesitance was, his inability to define their relationship spoke volumes to her. She might be naive but she wasn't stupid. She thought to her meeting with Shadow in the meadow a short time ago. "They don't seem so bad, I think they are as upset with the situation as we are now that Fox isn't around." She was optimistic about it. Pretty soon their packs would be okay with one another again, she just knew it.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace didn't know if he would have known what Vienna had been thinking if he didn't know her. But he knew that his leaving would have bothered her, so he just simply put two and two together.

Jace shrugged I don't know Vienna, many of them at the Creek dislike me, because I was sent away and they did not hear the whole story. Many think i'm foolish for staying near Ferdie, when he almost killed me. Think that I should have killed him like our leader told me to do, but I just couldn't do it. He was sick, he couldn't help that his brain was not right. Jace shrugged, he did not know how to explain it much more than that, if it came to protection, he would kill without a thought of the other creature, but just to kill. Just because he was told too, he could not make himself do it. And perhaps that made him a foolish male, because wolves were supposed to be savage, but he was different.

Jace gave his sister another smile Always the optimist Vienna, that is one thing I adore about you. he grew quiet again and looked around Are you settling in okay?
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She couldn't believe that any wolf would be so pigheaded as to hold such a thing against her brother, who in her opinion was one of the best individuals she knew. To ostracize him just because he refused to kill another in cold blood seemed the height of hypocrisy. They were the crazy ones, not Jace or Ferdie. Good riddance then. If they were any sort of decent, they would come around.

"Just one of my many loveable traits," she responded with a cheeky grin, obvious exaggeration in her tone. Truthfully she just loved to see the happiness in things. Why anyone would choose not to was beyond her.

"I am, though I'm sorry I haven't been around much. Been scouting the surrounding area, there are so many beautiful places to see! I found a hot spring much larger than our own, and the most gorgeous meadow! When you are up to it we should go, I think you would like it." She thought on the place she had met Shadow. "Have met some great wolves too, this place is amazing." She wondered, not for the first time, at the path that had led her brother here, and herself as a result.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace knew that it was a liability so to speak, to have Ferdie as a wolf in the pack. So he understood in that aspect why the pack had been upset. However, he did not understand why he needed to die, when there were others out there, like Lecter who was really absolutely crazy.

Jace chuckled as he listened to her. It's okay Vienna, i imagine it's probably a good thing to know what is out there. I"m more of a homebody, but I will gladly go with you to see this meadow. He smiled at her again and shifted his weight, wincing as he did so. That it is an amazing place
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Her brother being a homebody was probably rather a good thing. After all, he was not only a Warden, but also Beta. Sticking around was likely much more conducive for the pack than constantly jetting off like she tended to do.

"Hopefully the knowledge will do us some good." She liked to think that it would. It had proved useful so far, at least, and fun to boot. She was very happy he agreed to go with her despite his tendency to stay within borders. She would look forward to the trip as a chance to bond with him even more and catch up on some lost time. And yet, despite their long absence, she did not feel the distance that she had initially worried about when she first left to follow him. Funny how things worked out sometimes.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was just not a social wolf, which was irony within itself, as most wolves were social. He just wasn't, he preferred his own company and knowledge. Knowledge could never hurt him, would never hurt him so he reveled in it.

His lips twitched into a semblance of a smile and he chuckled Knowledge is always good sister dear. She knew how he liked to learn new things, which was probably in a way why she was pleading her case using knowledge. Though she herself held a fair share of knowledge locked up tight in her mind he imagined. Jace did his best to make sure his sister did not feel the distance they had been. Made sure to be as warm and caring of a brother he could be.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She grinned, glad that he didn't seem upset by her frequent escapades. Not that she expected him to... after all, it was all in good fun. That was something their parents had inspired in them both; a love of experiencing new things and learning from them. She just happened to find more opportunity to do so while practicing as an outrider.

Speaking of knowledge - perhaps it was time to visit her friend in the Spine or the girl she had met from the Plateau. She'd like to learn of how they were doing.

At the moment, though, sleep was calling her. With a wide yawn, she nudged her brother's shoulder affectionately. "Before I fall asleep standing up, I should probably get back. You gonna be okay?" She would stay up if he wanted the company, but perhaps he would enjoy some time to think as well. After all, she had been the one to follow him.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace nodded his head I'll come with you if you don't mind your gimpy brother making a slow trot up the mountain. Their parents had instilled in them a love for life and family and they both upheld it well. He shifted and turned with grimace and a groan towards home.

It would take them a little longer to get there, but he was okay with this. After all it was not so bad that he couldn't walk, it was just painful.