Sequoia Coast Queen of All Witches [IC Joining]
For behold, I have been with you from the beginning, and I am that which is attained at the end of desire.
2 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Tagging @Ragnar and/or @Thistle Cloud .

Isis had traveled far to arrive here beside the ocean, and as she stared out at the water crashing into the shore, and then receding over and over, she smiled. She had spent a long time by herself in the wilderness, sometimes stopping for a few months in different packs here and there, but never staying for long. It was high time she found a place to settle down, as she had learned so much in the last year-and-a-half, and she felt a need to use her skills for the greater good. Having no children or other pack-mates to look after had left a loneliness in her soul, and she had searched high and low for a place to call Home. Now here she was, not far from a pack which hopefully would have need of a healing paw or a kind word.

With a long howl, she called forth someone in a position of power. She was no fighter, and hated violence of any kind, but she could Heal and knew the ways of Nature. She also knew the ways of the Heart, and how to calm an angry soul. She could perform rites and rituals to protect the pack-lands, and could speak with the Spirits while in the midst of Trances. She knew no greater love than that of caring for others, and hoped it would be enough to get her into the pack...
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
A howl rose from the direction of the coast, coming from outside of Stavanger Bay's territory, requesting a leader. For a moment, Ragnar considered letting it go for Thistle to take care of but knowing that even then he would only get a few more minutes with his Priestess Wife, having decided to split his time between his wives, children, and his leader duties with as much equality as he could manage. Thistle would not accept wolves, had told him as much, deciding to let it up to him. Normally, as the Alpha Male he didn't mind. He only minded when he was being torn away from the attentions of one of his wives or children. Yet, duty came first, so the scarred Scandinavian dropped a kiss to the corner his Priestess Wife's mouth before he reluctantly departed from her and headed in the direction that the call had originated from, heading to the north, exiting his pack lands under the arch that cut through the beach and extended out to the sea.

It did not take Ragnar long to reach the woman, he assumed, that sent the call out. She was small, standing out against the sand with a ivory coat. As he drew nearer the Viking was briefly fascinated with the color of her eyes. Never before had he seen a creature with eyes the color of violet. Ragnar stopped in his approach when they were within decent speaking distance of one another, though he kept an more than adequate amount of space between them as well. Yes? The Jarl inquired of her simply.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN
For behold, I have been with you from the beginning, and I am that which is attained at the end of desire.
2 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Presently, along came a wolf of silvery-white fur, with eyes the prettiest shade of blue she'd ever seen. She, who had been sitting to save energy, stood upon his entrance, as anyone would do in the presence of royalty, or -- in this case -- in the presence of an Alpha. She gave the brute a smile as she sat back down, thinking of where to begin.

"I am Isis, named for the Egyptian Goddess of health, marriage, and love. I have come to join your pack, if you will have me." Here she paused, to gather her thoughts. She knew how initiation worked. She'd have to sell herself, tell the Alpha of her strengths, and hope he liked them. "I am a good Healer and Naturalist, as well as a good Counselor. I can keep your pack healthy, let you know when a storm will be coming and how to prepare for it, and I can keep the minds within your pack free of worry and stress. I am also a witch. I can send prayers and perform rituals to any number of Gods and Goddesses from many pantheons to protect the pack and harm any enemies it might have."

She stopped here, long enough to give the male time to think. "These are my most precious qualities, and these are the qualities I give to you, if you will have them." She bowed her head to the Alpha, out of respect, and waited.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar watched the woman rise as he approached her, offer him a smile, which the stoic scarred Scandinavian was in no rush to return, and then sit back down. She spoke a name, Isis, not one that he felt it was safe for him to attempt to mimic any time soon, explaining that she was named for an Egyptian Goddess, one that sounded, suspiciously, a lot like Frigg to him. Still, this Goddess named woman had captured his curiosity, or rather it was her Goddess whom he suspected was their version of Frigg. He was curious about other religions but because his own did not affect useful pack skills, aside from the Seer but even then that was an unofficial role in the grand scheme of things, he did not feel that religion had any affect on a wolf's usefulness or not. Eyes of Caribbean ice studied her, trailing from her toes up and then to as much as he could see of the curve of her spine. Sizing her up, while appreciating the delicate touch that the Gods placed upon every woman to him. I, too, am a counselor, Mostly though, wolves came to him for love advice, which was ironic given the giant mess he had nearly made of his mate-ship by taking a second wife at the same time (in his defense he had been given permission). Still, wolves thought he was good with relationships, not realizing that he had been in three mate-ships previous to his current one with Nerian and Thistle. Those, though, had been founded on convenience or lust and hadn't last more than a month or so.

Ragnar had been alright with her until she spoke that she was a witch and that she could perform rituals for many different Gods and Goddesses. His mind instantly rejected the notion. How could she not invoke the wrath of many deities when she did not know how to do the rituals to their specifications, the Pagan wondered. Not many of the Bay are religious. Only my family and myself. We are Pagans, we worship the Norse Gods. I hold the rituals and have taught my children how to say the prayers as to keep their favor, Meaning, he didn't want to lose Odinn's favor and didn't trust someone who didn't follow his own faith to hold the rituals. I also have a woman of God, my Priestess Wife. He could not speak for Nerian, could not say if she would or would not allow a woman not of her faith to hold her rituals. To be fair, she had given him a prayer but it was likely he had understood it entirely out of the context in which it had been meant. I am not saying no to you joining, In case she took his subtle cynicism as a rejection; though he wasn't saying 'yes' just yet, either. He would turn to her actual skills once she had sated his curiosity, he had decided having figuratively pounced upon her last words with the hunger of the All-Father. I wish to know how you could hold rituals and prayers for many different Gods and Goddesses that are not your own without angering them? The Jarl tilted his head in a curious manner, interested in what she would tell him.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN