Trek to Happiness
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
ooc: this is set after BDP threads and a one-post thread I will be writing in Blackfoot Forest the night before this thread @Jace

As Hawkeye neared and scents slowly became stronger, her chest tightened in panic. She took slow, deep breaths and narrowed her brow and she climbed the gentle slope. Nearly upon the point where she would have howled for Ferdie Von Pelt, pastel eyes widened in the realization that she was fucking crazy.

What the Hell am I doing?! I am leaving one pack for another, for a guy! Who does that! I freaking told myself I wouldn't be an idiot over a male again, yet here I am... The female immediately turned to march away.
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace heard footfalls as he did his patrol. Growling lowly he headed straight towards the sound, he stood blocking her way. Broad shoulders, and blue eyes. What are you doing so near our borders? He shifted his weight and stood there watching her waiting and listening. She smelled a bit like Ferdie and he didn't know why. Ferdie had not told him if the femme Hawkeye was coming or not did he? He couldn't remember.

So for now he just waited and watched.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Shit, she thought, staring at the male before her. Well, I might as well stick around now... Hawkeye sighed. "I am here for Ferdie Von Pelt." The dark female paused, looked to the left, and narrowed her brow. "We, uh... Well, I really don't know what we are. Huh." This made Hawkeye curious.

Her mind swiped across their encounters. Yes, they liked each other — that was obvious. The scar-faced female shrugged, deciding that she was coming here to see what would happen between the two. "Oh. Hi. I'm Hawkeye." The things that were coming from her mouth felt foreign to her mind. She couldn't put her paw on what exactly had changed, and she couldn't decide if it was good or bad, either. "I like your eyes," she stated. Her attention lay on the male in general, though, waiting for his response to her initial words.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened and before she told him his name he guessed this must be the female Hawkeye. It was the only female, that Ferdie had said anything about recently. He snorted slightly at her next words of not knowing what the two of them were. It made him want to chuckle, but he stayed quiet.

He smiled when she confirmed who she was. Ah yes Ferdie has told me about you. Well Met Hawkeye I’m Jace, Beta of the Sunspire. he grew quiet and just waited. He chuckled this time, surprised at her forthright nature Well Thanks I like yours too. This was the second female to tell him about his eyes. He supposed they were okay to look at, he didn’t really pay attention himself. Are you here to stay? Or just to see him? He would call Ferdie or he would lead her inside, whichever she decided to say.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye was both surprised and not at the same time. She felt bashful at the fact that Ferdie had spoken of her to his Beta. Then again, he should have if he asked her to come to the Sunspire, right?

Either way, she smiled. "Hi, Jace," she said a bit shyly. At him throwing the comment back to her her eyes widened in a small shock, not expecting that. "Thank you." Hawkeye nodded at the dark male.

At Jace's question, Hawkeye cocked her head with the slightest movement. He didn't tell him...? she thought to herself, wondering why Ferdie wouldn't let his Beta know that she was coming, yet he spoke of her? "Ferdie Von Pelt invited me to come here with him. Fox took over my old pack, with my ex-mate. I couldn't fucking stand being there anymore. Even if I have childr —"

As she was trying to get more comfortable on the slope (in the middle of speaking), rock suddenly broke apart from underneath Hawkeye's large body and she tumbled helplessly until momentum was lost. She lay halfway conscious, fine powdered dirt nestled into her her midnight fur.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace did not mind that she was here. After all his leader’s word was law, and if he wanted Hawkeye here, well then she’d be here. He shrugged at her good naturedly to try and put her at ease.

He gave her a boyish grin, when she offered her thanks. And he couldn’t help the small chuckle that burst forth at her wide eyes. He supposed it would be unusual to have a compliment sent back to you, but he strong believed in treating others as you wish to be treated, even if he fell short sometimes.

Ferdie had said he had plans to ask the female to come. That didn’t mean she would accept, so he just waited. I knew he was going to do that, I wasn’t sure if you would accept that is all. I meant no offense. he was getting ready to say more when her words cut off, was she talking about having children? Did she have children. He yelped as he saw her fall and he tried to make it down to her as quick as he could, but with his own wounds, he couldn’t make it completely.

He got to her side and brushed his muzzle halfway across her trying to see if she was hurt. Are you okay Hawkeye? Do I need to call our healers?
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye moaned as her ears barely registered Jace speaking. She groaned as she tired to move and let out a breathy "no, I'm fine."

Lifting herself up, her vision was blurry. Panicking, the black wolf squeezed her eyes shut. No... no, not my eyes, too she pleaded within her own mind. Opening them made her let out a sigh of relief. Her vision was in tact and just as strong as before, but her head was sore. "Leave it to me to get slashed by a cougar and slip down a mountain all within two weeks," she laughed in disbelief at her back luck.

Her brow narrowed as she tried to remember what they were talking about. "I suppose I can blame the fall on this, but what exactly was said a few minutes ago? I know I came here to see how things go with Ferdie... Did we discuss me staying here?" The she-wolf questioned herself even as she inquired. Was it appropriate that she ask? Her mind followed the thought around, but since she was unsure what was spoken before, perhaps Jace would excuse anything she said that was wrong.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace brushed his muzzle across her head for a moment, Try not to move until you get your bearings. A fall like that can scramble your brain.

Jace chuckled I got attacked by foxes, wolves, and ripped apart my shoulder in two, so i know how you feel. we did discuss it, and you are more than welcome to stay. I just wasn't sure if you wanted too. So welcome home Hawkeye He chuckled again and smiled. Jace smiled at her, she seemed to have a basic knowledge of what they had been talking about so he didn't question her, maybe he should have just to be safe. He would tell Akita, or Aleera or Nightingale to look her over later.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
It took great effort for Hawkeye to raise herself up, but she did so slowly. "You know, I fell like this once before, when I was young. Fucked up my hearing. A sore head is a blessing." Hawkeye laughed, but it sounded like it struggled from within her. Not only had she hit her head, but her body was sore as well.

A smiled pulled at her face as well. "Thank you, Jace. I haven't been this happy in a really long time." She paused half of a moment. "You are very sweet, you know," she said gently.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened to her and he stared at her blatantly when she swore. He had never really known a woman to use curse words so freely. He himself felt odd with using curse words around females. They were the gentler gender weren't they, they did not deserve to hear such crude language. I'm sorry that happened to you. We will have one of our 3 aspiring healers look at you though. Can you walk? I'd offer to let you lean on me, but i am wounded myself on the inside, we'll both probably fall to our deaths. He grew quiet again and stood near her, he couldn't do much, but by the gods he'd catch her if she started to fall again.

He shuffled his feet at her kind words, what was with women lately and paying him compliments. Thank you Hawkeye. And I am glad you are happy. Follow me, get you away from such treacherous areas. He stood on her side nearest the edge and walked slowly, keeping a weather eye on her.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Lifting herself to her full height, she braced herself a moment before she knew that she would stay on her feet. Buzzing ticked inside of her ears, something she hadn't felt in a long time. "Wow, three healers, huh? That's a lot of troops in the healer department. I bet they can get things done three times quicker if they all look at me at once." Hawkeye was nearly out of her mind, and she felt strange both knowing this and not caring.

Her head gave a single nod to Jace's words, and as they traveled, the dark female was hyper aware of the dark form beside her.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He chuckled at her jest. He watched her for any severe injuries, a little worried, but he stayed back so to not crowd her. Yep Aleera, Nightingale, and Akita, none of them hold the trade yet, but they know their stuff. Jace was concerned bout her mental health, hitting your head was not a good thing. And it could cause problems that took weeks to show up, at least he thought that was what his mom had told him, but he wasn’t sure.

I think you’ll like it here Hawkeye. We are a family unit and we try to stick close to each other, make sure everyone is taken care of. Do you carry any trades?
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
She stayed quiet for a moment, her head buzzing. "I am a Warden. I have other trades that I've explored, but didn't tell my" she hmm'd "Alpha about. I did my best to avoid him, I suppose." Hawkeye let a small sigh flow out through her nose. Her mind seemed to be trying to grasp for something, but she didn't exactly know what.

After a moment: "And what about yourself, Jace? What do you do?" She looked at the male and figured a Warrior or Warden would be out of the picture. He didn't mention he was a healer, either. Maybe he's the counselor, then... he seems gentle enough she thought to herself, although she could see him in the caregiver role as well.

*edit with permission from Danni
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened but said nothing at first. He didn't know what to say really, not only was she a female, but she was an older female which made it even more awkward for him to be around. He was a strange one of that it was certain. he sounds like a real piece of work if you avoided him. Was he just a jerk? he grew quiet then again.

Jace chuckled a small chuckle deep as was usual for him, i carry three trades. I am a warrior, a warden and a gamekeeper. I have temper issues, and i'm not exactly small so warrior and warden seemed the best for me, and I love to hunt. The tracking, the catching, the running, just all of it. he sighed happily then.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye was quiet for a long time. "I suppose 'jerk' could sum things up." Her words were more curious than anything, thinking that the word Jace had used was everything packaged into four letters. For once, she didn't feel any anger; but, she was not aware of this. It had been forgotten with the fall, although she did remember being dumped and then replaced. It wouldn't occur to her to be angry about anything, though.

Her light key-lime eyes widened slightly in shock. She had been wrong about the male. He was both a Warden and a Warrior. Watching him at the corner of her eye, she became awfully curious about who he was. "Maybe you can teach me more of hunting larger animals. In my old pack — my original one — the men did the hunting for the most part, although I hunted small things. I left the pack before I got to the big stuff. I am okay at tracking, but a little out of experience." Her voice was gentle while she spoke to Jace, her mind still not letting go of the curiosity she felt.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace shrugged, she must not want to tell him about it. And he was fine with that, he continued walking further into the territory. He didn't realize that she wasn't remembering things, from her life before the sunspire.

Jace felt her eyes on him, but ignored it. Most wolves watched him with curiosity, he was a strange being and one that most did not understand. i can do that. My sister is actually probably a better hunter than me at least speed wise. She's among us too her name is Vienna Songbird, she can help you too. I can help with tracking too, i Find it soothing. he went silent, not having much more to say about any of that other than he loved hunting. And he did it was his favorite past time after running and fishing, but he supposed hunting and fishing went paw in paw.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
She nodded to Jace's words, staying silent while he spoke. But afterwards, a smile that was impossible to suppress crossed her face. "'Jace Songbird'. What a lovely name," she said mistaking his sister's two first names being a first and last name.

She then moved onto the serious part of the conversation. "Being able to concentrate on things so wholly is a plus. I have not tracked lately, but since I fell in a rock slide when I was young, I can see things like a hawk." The dark wolf left out the "hence the name Hawkeye" part, not only because she figured Jace was smart enough to figure things out on his own, but she felt like she was already talking way too much.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled when she called him jace Songbird. My last name isn't the same as my sisters. We are litter mates yes, but every child born gets their own last name based on their traits....at least the females. The males have to go on a journey to find their last name. My father's last name is Shadowsinger, my sister's last name is songbird, because she is talkative and chirpy and loves to sing. My last name is DuAndris, it means soul warrior and it was earned by me, and given to me by Ferdie.

He listened to her, so she had keen eyesight that was good. Keen eyesight is always a plus especially when tracking, but if you're really good you can use all your senses in tandem.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
She listened as hard as she could as Jace spoke. What he said was incredibly interesting, and she wanted to know more. What interested her the most was his last name, though. "How did you earn it? I mean — sorry if it's personal. It just sounds... very deep." Hawkeye felt the honest words slip from her mouth and they sounded incredibly cheesy.

When he mentioned using all of the senses, insecurity draped itself over the dark female. "I wish I could, but I am mostly deaf." Hurt was shown on her voice. She felt like she would be forever damaged and her confidence wouldn't ever be at its full potential due to her partial deafness.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace sighed it was a terrible tale, that one. But she had every right to know, she was a new member of their pack. No its fine as a new pack member you have a right to know. I suffer from black outs when i'm angry, as does Ferdie. However, Ferdie was in a weird place in our former home with Fox. And he was very dark and a wolf pressed his buttons, he can explain his feelings better than me. Anyway I stepped in to defend the other wolf, and he and I fought, we almost killed each other. He said I helped him to fight for his soul, thus I became a soul warrior.

Jace turned blue eyes towards her and gave her an endearing smile I didn't say it had to be all the same senses as everyone else. You use all your senses that you can, and you are probably more sensitive to touch and feeling and smell and sight....so you'll be a better tracker for it, because you have silence on your side. You will pay attention better, and not be distracted. You are ideal for tracking i personally thing. he had not meant to upset her. Deafness was a hardship, but you could overcome it, and she seemed to be doing well.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye was speechless for a long moment. It wasn't too much to take in, but it evoked strong emotions — even if it was only a few sentences worth of words. "I don't know what to say...." she said quietly. "Not that that's a bad thing. It's just... it's a very powerful story and telling of who you two must be if you have ended up close friends from such a situation. " A brief pause. "And I'm glad that you are both still alive." After her gentle words, her eyes landed on his face for a few seconds before looking forward again.

It had never dawned on her that losing her hearing had helped her hunt. It was comforting for her to have lived in Blackfoot Forest, for the shrieking of the foxes was pushed to a low hum or buzz, depending on how close Hawkeye had been to the creatures. She became very quiet, thinking about what the male beside her had said. "Jace, I... That makes me honestly feel okay with being deaf." Green eyes shifted to the dark face. "Thank you," she said sincerely, wishing she could put into words what she felt about what he had said.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
yes gave her a crooked smile and dipped his muzzle. Yes the world works in amazing ways. I don't know how we managed to stay friends after almost killing each other, but we did and well that's all that matters. We are a strong pack, we do well. He nodded understanding what she meant, I'm glad we're alive too.

He smiled again You're welcome and I don't lie. Some would even say i'm too honest. He never did lie either. It often times got him in trouble. He hadn't quite figured out how to keep his thoughts to himself yet, when he was a little bit angry. Though he tried to stay neutral and it usually worked, there were some times where he couldn't.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
A small amount of sadness filled Hawkeye when Jace spoke of the Sunspire being strong, but she didn't know why. She remembered that she had left her pack for Ferdie and to gain something more. The problem is that she wasn't exactly sure why. It was possible that she wanted a new home, even if leaving an old one was not her desire; Hawkeye preferred to live in once place, like her original pack. It seemed as if all of the packs in this area disappeared frequently as opposed to her home, which had lasted for many, many generations, so perhaps the dark wolf's sense of adventure kicked in even more severely knowing that she could be moving soon, anyway.

A mix between a chuckle and a giggle shot from Hawkeye's dark mouth. "Trust me, I don't know how to keep my mouth shut with things, so I get you in that category." Her body shifted to nudge Jace a bit in a tease as she glanced sideways at the male.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace being an unobservant youth when it came to females and teh varying range of emotions unless he actually looked did not notice her sadness. He just continued on at a walk, with one ear backwards listening to her speaking to him. They were almost to the oasis and when they turned the bend he smiled and spoke here's the oasis, you're new home.

He grew quiet and let her look around, the slow flowing creek that fell down the mountainside over rock and branches, the large willow tree that took up the largest place, the animals that called and spoke to one another in a cacophony of voices and sounds. Jace moved when she nudged him and chuckled lowly.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
The memory Hawkeye had of her first encounter with the Sunspire seemed so insignificant compared to the experience she had now. Before, she was at the very edge of the land and anxiously waiting for Ferdie Von Pelt's return; but, she couldn't remember much other than that.

The world Jace had just introduced her to blew her mind. The things she saw were vastly different than things on the plateau. The she-wolf had become accustomed to the land she discovered, which was plain. She liked that though. An area of thick trees blended into thinner trees that spread over the rest of the plateau. There were interesting places here and there, her mind touching on the small waterfall near the back that Ariston had shown her. Her thoughts also zoomed over to her alter, which she was sure was dismantled by the elements by now.

Hawkeye turned and smiled largely at Jace, eyes wide and exploring his face. She shifted her body to wrap her head around the back of his neck in an attempt at a wolfy hug. Pulling back, she said, "I can't believe I am finally here..." And her voice really did hold true disbelief.