shotgun aimed at my heart
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><b><i><FONT COLOR="#f8f3dd">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#f3edd8">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ece7d2">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#e6e0cc">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dfdac6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#d9d3c0">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d3cdba">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ccc6b4">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c6c0ae">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bfb9a8">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b9b2a2">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b3ac9c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aca596"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a69f8f">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f9889">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#999283">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#938b7d">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c8477"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#867e71">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f776b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#797165">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736a5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#6c6459">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#665d53">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5f574d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#595047">e</FONT></i></b></span></p>
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Anyone that could tell him Jinx has passed away, please! c:

<style type="text/css"> ae {color:#94a3ab; font-size: 10px;} .aebox {background-color: #d5e1ec; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/vg2CHes.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 3px solid #94a3ab; outline: 5px solid #2d2a24;} .aetext {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#2d2a24; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 480px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

He had been told by his mother to never return but he had not left with the intention of staying away forever. He figured that Jinx needed space, that perhaps his persistence would pay off that she would come around. That he could amend for 'turning his back on them' when as far as he was concerned he hadn't. He had only went to free Bones — failed horribly at it; if the fading scar on his neck was of any consistent indication — to save someone that he cared about. Had it been Jinx he would have done the same thing without hesitation. Bones, as far as Ira was aware, was unreachable to him, lost to her heathen family and he was alone. It wasn't company as a whole that he missed — only specific people. Jinx, for one. And Bones, Sitri even (though this was likely because he missed having someone to kick around). He did not approach the borders of Ouroboros Spine with the specific intent of joining. He had not forgotten Jinx's words to him of not being allowed back in.

Instead Ira closed the distance with the intent only to speak to her ...if she would even see him. Perhaps Jinx would ignore him. Ira reasoned that it was probably going to be the case and that instead he would be met with the unwelcome approach of another — maybe a Spine wolf he knew or maybe one he would not. Regardless he would not budge until he either saw Jinx or a deal of deliverance of a message was met. The Princeling's steps ceased, leaving an acceptable amount of distance between the scent markers and himself. So intent of reconciling, or trying to reconcile with his mother that he didn't notice that her scent did not linger on the borders any longer. Ira lifted his muzzle towards the sky and let out a call for her and then he waited, eluding a rare amount of patience.

Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri heard the call as he walked the borders and he sighed. It was the princeling, returned from his exile only to be told of his mother's demise. Sitri was probably not the best wolf to do this, but it would fall to him. Lecter was gone, Jinx was gone. Kaname would not treat the boy kindly, and he needed that now, after all it was his mother. His mother who as far as Sitri knew he cared for her as much as his dark heart would allow.

Twisting and turning among the trees he made his way heavily towards the boy, the way growing more narrow, and sad with every heavy foot step of his paws. He kept his head bowed, and his red eyes on the horizon, hoping the boy would not attack him in his grief. He did not wish to attack another when he was in the throes of grief and pain.

He made it to the white prince's side and there he stood looking at him and spoke softly She will not come Ira, she cannot Jinx has gone to death's door. then he grew quiet and waited for the anger, or the denial or the sadness one of the three to take precedence.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><b><i><FONT COLOR="#f8f3dd">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#f3edd8">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ece7d2">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#e6e0cc">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dfdac6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#d9d3c0">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d3cdba">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ccc6b4">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c6c0ae">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bfb9a8">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b9b2a2">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b3ac9c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aca596"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a69f8f">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f9889">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#999283">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#938b7d">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c8477"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#867e71">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f776b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#797165">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736a5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#6c6459">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#665d53">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5f574d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#595047">e</FONT></i></b></span></p>
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
I kind of cried a little writing this because I feel so bad for Ira and I did this to him. *horrible writer* >__>

It did not surprise Ira that it was Sitri who answered his call, despite that it had been specifically for Jinx. The Princeling had not thought that his mother would make it that easy. After all, there was a chance, Ira reasoned, that Jinx was still mad at him. Smarmy smirk tugged at the edges of the pallid Princeling's lips as the heavily scarred Sitri approached. His demeanor was different than Ira remembered but Ira deluded himself into thinking that it was just because Sitri had to deal with him. Ira had a habit of making enemies every where he went and though he had felt something of a skewered kinship with the ugly man before him there had nothing that had been kind in Ira when they had spoken previous — mostly because hardly anything Ira said or did was kind. Ira watched with suspicion at Sitri's bowed head. “Come Sitri ...the idea of talking to me cannot be that bad,” Ira taunted the other man true to form. It wasn't as if Ira could help himself anymore. So caught up in the persona he had created to protect himself that he wasn't sure what was created and what was real within him anymore. He was cruel upon instinct most days.

Ira, when he watched Sitri stop in his approach and look at him, stood up taller, trying to show that just because Jinx had chased him off did not mean that he stopped being the Princeling. In reality, it did. In Ira's head it was a very different story. “She will. Maybe not today but Jinx will come,” Ira interrupted Sitri before, annoyed, he allowed Sitri to finish. At first, Ira couldn't make sense of the words the other male had spoken. “What do you mean she's at death's door?” Ira demanded of Sitri, tone curt and sharp. “What the fuck is that supposed to mean? That isn't funny, Sitri.” Ira hissed viciously at his subordinate the other, his breath hitching as he tried to find his lungs in his body. "DON'T LIE TO ME SITRI!!" Ira screamed at him, unbidden and unsure how to deal with the pain ...with the emotions he felt.

Ira looked at Sitri — really looked as Sitri's words sunk slowly and painfully into Ira's mind, into his heart. It had not been dread of talking to Ira that had plagued Sitri, the highly intelligent boy could see that now. It had been a dread of telling Ira what had came to pass. Ira's jaw clenched together tightly, painfully tight as his chest heaved with the sobs that wracked his body. “No...NO! My mother is not dead! She...she can't...can't be.” Jinx was immortal ...a Goddess. Or at least, that was how Ira had always seen her. Sharp, glacier silver eyes zeroed in on Sitri, not wanting the man to see him like this...discomposed. Vulnerable. Yet, the floodgates were breaking anyway and Ira was frozen to the spot. Jinx had been the only mother Ira had ever known really and he was devastated because he loved her; and now she was gone. He was alone.

Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri did not flinch at the words that Ira flung at him, it was not the way of things. He knew very well of masks that most wore. He wore one, though his had become reality as he had grown. His father had wore one, a mask of a crazy man, twisted and not lucid at all, but his father had been sharp as a tack. He had been a jester of sorts to protect himself and his family, and he had finally lost it all when he had shown love to Sitri. no hardship to speak to you Ira, Sitri does not mind. I carried sad words is all. His language was by no means good or correct, but it was the only way he could convey. That he had sad news to give to the boy and that was why he was so down about it.

As Ira screamed Sitri kept his eyes downcast and his ears tight ot his head. He didn't even bother to correct him, he let him howl and scream and grieve. It was all he knew how to do. He didn't even know what he could say or what to say, he was not the best choice, yet he had been the only good choice to deliver such terrible news.

Sitri is sorry Princeling. IN his panic and his fear and his wariness, he forgot to use the words that Tyrande had taught him. Forget to put his sentences together correctly, instead they were fragmented and cracked, much like his veneer. He realized he actually felt bad, for the princeling.
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Short post is short. ;-;

Ira was a conflict of emotions — anger, sorrow, grief, disgust, irritation, denial. They swelled within him like a monsoon gaining it's power over the open sea. “I get that,” Ira snapped at Sitri, feeling like the ugly brute had slammed a knife into the depths of Ira's black heart and was twisting it over and over. He had no patience for Sitri to stand there and be entirely redundant. Ira had little patience on his good days and today...today was not a good day. There were a few moments in which Ira was silent, mostly because the thick ball of emotion felt to be lodged in his throat. It was hard enough to swallow and breathe around it let alone talk. A low growl ripped forth from Ira's lips when Sitri apologized to him. “I don't want an apology. I want my mother!” Ira screamed like the grief stricken child that he was. “How could you all let her die?! Who? Who did this?” Ira demanded and took a breath giving no time to Sitri to even begin to form a reply before he screamed again, “Tell me who did this to her Sitri so that I can tear their entrails out of their bodies and leave their hearts for the crows.” He would get his revenge. He would avenge Jinx's death even if it cost him his own life. He swore it he would. Even if it took him years everyone who had let her die would pay the price for it.

361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri laid his ears to his skull, and felt like whining, but he kept quiet instead. He knew the boy would be upset, but he hadn't wanted to be abused for it. Sitri sighed and looked at him Can't give you your mother unless you die. He didn't understand what the man now in front of him meant. He didn't know what to say, he couldn't have his mother she was dead? He didn't understand really the concept of missing, having never missed anyone really in his life.

Sitri frowned A wolf named Ptarmigan drowned her, she runs us now, but your mother would have died anyway Princeling. She had the wasting disease, the rabies, she was already dying. Granted that did not give anyone the right to take away her life, but perhaps it was a merciful kill at least in Sitri's eyes. Who would want ot live like that going slowly crazy day by day...
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio

Had it been anyone else but Sitri that spoke those words to Ira he would have taken it as a direct threat to his life, however, he garnered that the ugly brute had no indications of killing him — even if he did he could try but Ira had no intentions of dying any time soon. It was obvious to the pallid Princeling that Sitri had not understood that Ira had meant in the place of sympathy and apologizes he would much rather have Jinx ...even though he was pretty sure that Jinx hated him. That didn't deter Ira. She had been the only mother he had ever known, the only mother that he had loved and love didn't just turn off because they had a falling out.

Silver eyes narrowed sharply, cutting in their direction towards Sitri, teeth baring when the scarred man told him that she had been drowned by some woman whose name Ira wasn't even going to try to pronounce. “Then she will pay. I will do to her what she did to my mother. Not now, no, when everyone has forgotten and I am older.” Ira vowed. He would strengthen himself, train himself all for that moment. The moment in which he would seek to avenge his mother's death. I don't care! She was your Queen! She...she was my mother.” But Ira doubted that Sitri truly understood the grief that was tearing him apart inside. He understood was Sitri was trying to tell him — that Ptarmigan had done her a “kindness” by ending her life before the rabies could waste her away to nothing, before she could truly suffer but that did not lessen Ira's pain. That did not offer a cushion to the continuous blows that he suffered. That would not heal the bruises of his aching heart.

Sitri's words offered no comfort to Ira. Plotting revenge did offer some sort of tourniquet. Right now, he was simply a child grieving. He could kill, yes, but he was not physically strong enough or trained enough to take a fully grown adult, if his failed attempt to save Bones had been of any true indication. He knew poisons. He knew how to kill slowly, quietly, without a trace, but he needed to hone his body to be a double edged sword, first. “What of Lecter?” Ira asked next, unable to believe that he was willingly asking for the Shaman but if Lecter was still alive then he was all that Ira would have left of Jinx and Ira was so desperate in that moment that he would have sufficed with the rancid old man for that purpose alone.

361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri did not say anything else, his words not meant to be taken as a threat. It was just a way of talking for the brute. He was merely telling the boy that he couldn't have his mother back, no matter how hard he tried. He supposed he could attempt fate, as some did and try and find her spirit, those voodoo whatchamadoo wolves he had heard of, but he had never met any and he really didn't want too either.

Sitri bowed his head and spoke guttural and harshly, I know very well who she was Ira. I know she was your mother and my queen,, I do not blame you when that day comes. Another wolf Keith, he wishes to unsurp her too, because before your mother died Lecter and she turned the pack over to a female Cara and the male Kaname in their stead. He grew quiet, he would give the boy information and he would stand by as long as the boy did not alert him to his prescence the day it came. If I am still here the day you come to do this, do not alert me to your prescence and I won't have to protect the borders. That was the only words he was going to get, Sitri was not betraying his pack if he didn't see the boy.

Sitri sighed a sad sigh, it was Lecter he missed most of all, for he was the one of the few to show the male kindness. Lecter took his own life to be with his queen and love of his heart.
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio

“I don't give a fuck who they turned the pack over to, Sitri,” Ira scowled furiously. It didn't matter because it should have been his. That was what Jinx had groomed him for, and even Lecter himself. Of course Ira realized that he had royally screwed that by going after Bones but he had thought that he had made the right choice even if Jinx hadn't seen it. He should have asked her what she would have done if it had been Lecter...would she have just let her love go? Without even bothering to try to rescue him? Of course it had been in vain as far as Ira was concerned because not only had he failed at saving Bones he had ended up turning his mother against him all in one, magnificent fell swoop. “Look, this pack...it doesn't, it holds nothing of her anymore. She may have founded it but she no longer leads it and how long do you think her ideals will uphold with some bitch on the throne?” Ira asked Sitri, not really expecting an answer. It had mostly been rhetorical anyway.

“I am good at stealth, Sitri,” Ira's smile was a wretched thing as it spread across his muzzle. “I don't care about leading this pack, Cara and Kaname can have it. Nothing of Jinx remains here. I only want to avenge her and hurt all of those who had let it happen.” Because as far as Ira cared to see they were all to blame. Even himself, but he figured the way his heart was tearing apart he was already suffering for it and that it wasn't fair that he was the only one. Ira drew in a sharp, painful breath, silver eyes studying Sitri with a small wrinkle of insolence in his muzzle. “Why do you stay here? Come with me, Sitri. I will build a kingdom for us and honor Jinx and Lecter's memories.” He was loyal to Jinx and that was his saving grace in the pallid Princeling's books.

361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri did not know that Ira was to take over in Jinx/Lecter's stead, just that he had been the son. It wasn't always the child that got the pack, it was the best candidate. The one who would take the best care of the subordinates and the pack as a whole. Sitri shrugged he didn't know how long they would last, but he knew he had to try. After all he had given his word to Lecter and in doing so in part. Had given his word to Jinx.

Sitri sighed Cara and Kaname were put into position before Jinx died. Lecter did it, because Jinx was no longer a part of us mentally. She was far into her own mind and Lecter was dying, so he did what he could. It was after this that the woman Ptarmigan killed our queen. He grew quiet upset that it had happened how it did.

Sitri listened I promised Lecter I would at least try Ira, and by promising him I also promised Jinx ,but I will come with you if it does not work out if the offer still stands?