Stavanger Bay take the ambulance to bed
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sidewinder, true to his name, slithered near the border of a pack he did not know. He was eager to work for what he could in this new land. Golden eyes scanned the landscape and searched for signs of life, although the thick scent of piss was enough to make the pack known to him. He knew that, eventually, somebody would come to greet him. They would expect him to be a recruit, like they always did. They would ask him why he was here, and he would slither his way around that conversation, too.

He had eaten carrion that morning, and it had filled his stomach enough, but he had been chased off by a cougar before he had been truly finished. Alas, it was better than nothing, and he would potentially go back to that spot and see if the feline had left anything behind. She likely hadn't, but it wasn't so far away that he could just abandon the prospect of more food. Slinking, he continued around from the south, keeping well away from the wide girth of piss marks, but close enough that he was sure to be questioned.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle strode towards the borders, her mind on other things. She had received her third trade of Warden. She wasn't too sure if that was what she had wanted, but she had it now and it would stay. She could be a good warden, and in a way it was her responsibility to be such. She strode along the path, marking where the scent markers were weakened or less. Whether it was by urine, claws or fur, it didn't matter it got done.

As she strode forwards a movement caught her eye, scanning around it she growled a warning to the other wolf and stood near the edge of their land. He was prowling around like he was trying to find a weak spot, maybe he wasn't. But her husband had her becoming wary and suspicious of any and all wolves at the borders. You there! What do you want here?
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
“Me?” the snake replied, “Why, I am only passing through. Unless, of course, you give me reason to stay.” Not in the sense of "stay with the pack," but he wasn't about to reveal that little tidbit. If he did that, he had no doubt that she would chase him off without a second though. However, if he led her on to believe that was his intention, he could easily get to the part of the conversation he really wanted: a trade.

Sidewinder's father had dealt in trades, so it was no surprise that his son followed suit. Winder had been taught from an early age how to thread a convincing lie, and he had become quite accustomed to weaving tales that would get him what he wanted.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle stared at the male warily, immediately on her guard. What reason could she give him to stay? If he wanted to stay he had to prove himself, she did not have the time to beg him to stay, and they really didn't need the members anyway, they were strong. So it was the simple fact that he could stay or go. But she decide to play into the game slightly. What reason would I give you to stay? Other than a home?

Thistle did not like liars, but she usually couldn't tell one either. Be far too quick to trust those who spoke to her. Perhaps it was that she simply wanted to see the good in the world. She wasn't sure, but she did know that she needed to work on, but at the moment she saw no harm in talking to the other wolf. He seemed okay, not nice, but okay.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
“There are other ways one can contribute,” he said, licking his lips. “Surely there is something I can do, unaffiliated, that you and your kin cannot do.” Most of the time, this meant "innocent" gathering of information from other parts of the land. But it could mean a great deal of other things. Perhaps there was a task that needed to be completed far away, and the pack members would not leave their home for it.

There was always the chance she would chase him off, and Sidewinder was prepared for such an outcome. He did not wish for any conflict. At least not with himself and another individual (let alone a whole other pack). He would leave the conflict to the pack wolves.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle thought about it and she dipped her muzzle and thought of the male that attacked Julooke. She had recently found out about the name of the pack he smelled of and she would do her best to find him, her husband would too but maybe this male could find out more. Very well I may have a task for you. If you do it and the information you bring me is pertinent I have a haunch of deer for you? Does this trade please you? She grew quiet then and waited.

This way if he didn't take it there was no loss and if he did, it wasn't a big one. A trade for information, in good faith. And she could let her husband know and he could do what he will.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
“It does,” Sidewinder replied, licking his lips to punctuate his statement. The thought of an entire deer haunch to himself was always well-received. Information-gathering was his strong suit, and he would be glad to bring whispers on the wind to this fine young lady.

“What information do you seek?” he asked, letting his back legs fold beneath him while his tail curled in front of his feet. In order to gain information, one had to have certain information to begin with. It was a chicken and egg predicament, and one he certainly hoped she could help him with.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled at his obvious attraction to the thought of deer, and she would put it to a safe spot, so no one else would touch it. It would be his, if he brought back information. She nibbled on her lip as she thought of what to say.

Here is where it get's tricky. I want you to find a wolf with white eyes. He lived in or near the Ouroboros spine. I want to know who he is and where he is. I will warn you he is violent at least during full moons anyway. And if you see my husband on your journey back with said information you can give it to him. His name is Ragnar sometimes he goes by Heimdall and he has a scar on his face in the shape of a raven if you look at it closely. And I will take the information too and in return I will make sure you are given your deer haunch. She tilted her head and waited for his agreement.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
White wolf with white eyes. That could not be too hard to find. Perhaps Winder could infiltrate the pack, Ouroboros Spine, and find her wolf there. Sidewinder would do nothing to upset him, of course. Perhaps he could even find comfort in pack life for a month or two. Of course, he still had other duties to attend to, including the information on the creek wolf's somebody, but he could always give excuses for his absence, should he join a pack.

"Where is this Ouroboros?" he asked, assuming that the lady knew where it was.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]So i'm terrible with directions like legit could not find myself out of a paper bag so Imma totally wing this baby and if I am wrong correct me please :D[/size]

Thistle waited with baited breath, not realizing how badly she wanted him to go. Perhaps it was to make sure her husband stayed safe. Or maybe it was for want of her own vengeance on this wolf that hurt her friend. She didn't know, but she wanted him found and her husband told and his death immediately after.

Thistle frowned and motioned Southeast, It is that way, past a place known as Black Tail Deer Plateau and NeverWinter Forest.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She answered swiftly, which would only help her in the end. Sidewinder would find this spine and seek shelter there, he decided. He could more easily gain information if he went about it in this manner, rather than simply ask as a stranger. If he involved himself in the pack, became one of them, he could gather whatever information he wished. Then, when the time was right, he would depart and bring that information back to this woman. It was simple, really.

“If three moons go by and I do not return, it means I found nothing, so you owe me nothing.” With things set in motion, Winder gave her a bow and began his journey toward Ouroboros Spine.