Sea Lion Shores Gimme three steps
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I've been wanting to do this for a while and couldn't resist. It's too good. For anyone from Stavanger Bay, here's a white-eyed man XD should you wish to jump to conclusions. If not that's fine too though <3 he hasn't met anyone from that particular pack yet besides Julooke

The ocean held no particular draw for Dante, having come from a warm, southern land, but as he was feeling particularly adventurous of late (a surprise even to himself) he had decided to mosey on out that direction. He felt a bit guilty leaving the Plateau for the length of time such a journey would take, but he wished to get his wanderlust out while he had the chance. This would do him for a time.

Powerful waves lapped at his feet as he stood in the sand, barking of sea lions resounding in his ears from the distant colonies. He had no desire to hunt one, though they looked to be quite a meal. He would have no way to get the meat back home nor could he probably take one himself in spite of his large size. He knew his limits. He did enjoy observing them, though, for he had never seen the like. Unbidden came into his mind a conversation that seemed long ago, that kind girl who had tried (unsuccessfully) to teach him to fish. A promise had been made of crabbing that was yet unkept, and he wondered how she fared. He had met many as a loner before settling down, the one thing he missed about being without responsibilities. These trips took him far too long to be made frequently.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud strode from the borders of her home, determination in her steps. She was not going to sit idle while winter came and claimed the shore for it's own. She had started hunting more, today her plan was to head to the forest and find some plants to bring home. Her and Nerian had a nice little garden of their own, but she wanted more. The thought of being unprepared made her ill and her stomach tight and painful. She continued on sandy paws leaving dents in the sand only to be washed away as the sea lay claim.

As Thistle walked her thoughts went inward to her own issues and her own problems and she analyzed and combed through them all, coming to decisions others putting away for another time. She was lost in her own world and as such she did not see the male watching the sea lions until she was almost upon him. She stopped short and stood staring at him, with a small feeling of wariness and she spoke softly I apologize for almost running you over.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
A strange female's sudden appearance shook him from his reverie and he came to the present, only to be thrust back again as her pack's scent hit him. It was slightly changed, yet familiar... this woman belonged to the same pack as his fishing tutor. "It is no problem. I did not even notice."

She appeared friendly, if a little wary, and he wondered if perhaps strangers were treated with more caution around the shore. He had never been greeted with such trepidation before in encounters with new wolves. Though Julooke had not been wary. Mayhaps this woman was just cautious. "My name is Dante," he stated in a friendly manner. Perhaps if he introduced himself she would do the same. He was no outrider, so seeking to make friends with every wolf whose path he crossed was not a goal of his, but he did like such conversations.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle chuckled softly Ah we both lost in our own thoughts, while standing in the present. She drew closer to him, his eyes looked different, but she couldn't tell about them yet. All she had to go on with the mystery wolf that had attacked Julooke was a wolf with white eyes, so she was wary now of most wolves outside of home.

Thistle Cloud tilted her ears forward and listened ot his introduction. I'm Thistle Cloud. She did not add her last name, not really wanting to make such a large introduction, when her own name was quite a mouthful anyway. What brings you to the shores?
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"It would seem that way," Dante replied amicably, still feeling somewhat distracted. The sea and it's sights/sounds/smells was quite distracting, and he wondered how some could make their home so near it's shores. Perhaps they became used to the overload, but he was feeling it's effects quite a bit at the moment.

"I am Dante. It is nice to meet you." He too omitted his family name, though that was no strange thing for him. He never used it if possible, for it's association and meaning were both less than desireable. He doubted any around here would know of them, but to be safe he erred on the side of caution. "I wished to see them again. I have only been out this way once, and never so far as the shoreline. I suppose I wanted to have an experience." It wasn't a great reason, but it was good enough for him. "You live around here then?" He was assuming so because, unlike him, she seemed at home around the ocean. He could be mistaken, though.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle chuckled softly at his clear inability to pull himself completely from his thoughts. Her husband and herself were like that at times. it caused her to let her guard down slightly, hoping that he wouldn't hurt her or go after her. Thistle was used to the sea so it didn't bother her so much or she supposed distract her would be the correct term.

Thistle nodded her head Yes I am from Stavanger Bay. My husband is the Jarl or what you would call alpha. You live near here as well? Is there another pack along the shore. It was unusual to have another pack near them, but she supposed it could be possible the Isle had been near them.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante shook his head. "No, I traveled quite a ways to arrive here. I am from the Plateau." He cocked his head, looking at the waves, then back at her. "The sea is beautiful, but I don't think I could live by it." He much preferred the cool green forests of his home to the sandy beaches and crashing waves of the coast. The scent of salt was not unpleasant but rather strong and he wondered how one got a decent scent of prey over it. It couldn't be an easy adjustment.

"Tell your husband I send my regards. I have heard tell of you and he, and how you helped Junior." He dipped his head. "I'm sure you've been told this many times, but you have our thanks." He hadn't recognized her name alone, but coupled with her pack and her mate's rank the connection was made.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle cloud listened, but didn't say anything thinking in her mind. The Pleateau he was one of Peregrine's wolves then. As he looked out to sea and then back she finally noticed the color of his eyes and her wariness increased ten fold. Surely a Plateau wolf hadn't attacked them, surely not. Why not? She did not mind the sea, though she did like her forest and meadows as well. Which was why she liked the Bay. There was the sea to one side, forest to the other and meadows to the other it was a nice set up.

She nodded I will tell him, and yes we have heard it, but you are welcome. We would do it again and Junior is always welcome here. She grew quiet contemplating what to say and how to ask the question she had formed in her minds eye. Forgive me, but have you ever been this way before met a wolf named Julooke perhaps? She was fishing, but she was doing her best. If he was the wolf that attacked poor Julooke, she did not want to be on the receiving end of that wrath.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"It's just so foreign and... harsh. Not necessarily in a bad way, though. I just prefer the calm of the forest." He looked out at the rolling waves. Everything about it was intense, and Dante was not an intense wolf one bit.

He nodded in acknowledgement of her response to his thanks, glad that he was able to deliver it. He was rather fond of Junior and had gotten to know her even better since she had returned them. He was thankful to have been given that chance. His ears perked up at the mention of Julooke. Oblivious as to the nature of the question, he nodded once more, this time with a bit more enthusiasm. "Indeed I have! How did you know? Did she tell of our meeting?" It was strange to him that after so long this woman would bring it up. "How is she?" He liked to think of them as friends after that encounter, and though he did not know if she felt the same, her demeanor had led him to believe that she did. It would be nice to see her again if she was around and wished it.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle nodded her head in understanding, after all she had the best of both words. Forest on half of their territory and coast on the other. I am lucky enough where I live to have both. She grew quiet again and studied him, he seemed far to kind to be attacking wolves at night, but looks could be deceiving she supposed.

Thistle grew quiet, surely he couldn't be that gleeful of a midnight meeting right? Where he practically ripped her throat out and fed it to her. Thistle wanted to grow, instead she spoke softly She is alive not thanks to the white eyed wolf that attacked her. She tried to skirt around the issue, but frankly there was no other way to put it, there would be offense taken anyway she asked. So to rip of the bandaid so to speak, she just got it out quickly and waited for his answer.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante's eyes widened as he heard what had happened. "[b]She is okay, though?[/b]" He asked, hurriedly. Inwardly, though, his mind was racing. His eyes were an inheritance, something many of his bloodline possessed. And the color was unusual enough that to hear of them appearing here did not bode well. Had Daes followed him? And if so, why would he have attacked one who obviously would have done him no harm? Well, that was obvious; he would have finished his training by now. Attacking a girl in cold blood like that would be nothing to him. But surely not... or even worse, had his father come?

"Do you know what they looked like?" He asked, some serious urgency in the tone.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle studied him, he seemed to genuinely alarmed to have done such a terrible thing. So her guard went down a bit ,and she shook her head. yes she is alright now, and No all she could tell us that had white eyes. He practically ripped her throat out. She grew quiet then and looked down at the ground, it was terrible that this had happened to her dear friend, but what was worse was that they couldn't find him.

Thistle shifted and she wondered if perhaps this wolf knew who it was, or if he had family member sthat had white eyes too. Do you think you know him or the wolf that could of done it?
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"I might have an idea. Where did this occur?" He was intent now. That would be his next stop, for if he could catch a scent, he would know. And if they followed him here, if he had brought their death to these lands, what then?

He'd kill them. That was the only option. He'd have to chase them down and either force them to leave or take them down.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle studied him for a minute and shifted her weight. On the beach closest to the bay. She was able to run to us with her neck open, so it must not have been far. We did not have a chance to set out after this wolf immediately as we were too busy keeping her alive.

If you hunt him down, I wish you luck. She grew quiet, her husband was going to go looking for the beast, but it did not hurt ot have more looking for him. It also did not hurt ot have more wanting to taste his blood.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Last one from me ^^

"Thank you. I will go see what I find. It was nice meeting you, Thistle Cloud." He had enjoyed this meeting, though right now his thoughts distracted him.

He would go to the spot and look, but would find no sign of a familiar scent. However, the thought would awaken some anxiety, for the idea that he could have been followed here had not been prevalent before now. And a wariness that had not previously existed would now be upon his mind.