Greatwater Lake precious and fragile things
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

A shift in the wind drove cool air through the valley, settling at its' base. Winter was fast approaching, chasing away any heat residual from the summer. In Dovev's old roaming grounds, the summer would last much, much longer, but here, it was not a dry heat buffered by an endless sun. So finally, the massive brute could make use of his thick white coat.
Having only spent about a week in the new domain, Dovev couldn't argue with the events that had unfolded before his grey pools. Having encountered several wolves and even battled one, his initial judgment that the land had been desolate could not be farther from the truth. With each stoic glare, Dovev knew there were other of his kind just waiting in the shadows. He himself had left the openness of the plains and flatlands, and wound his southerly path towards the smell of water. The land was flat and velvety with the sparse, yellowing grass and patches of dirt. Their aromas mixed in the breeze to create a warm and autumnesque signature that flooded Dovev's nostrils. It reminded him how hungry he was; his meal having been at least five days ago. And that musty elk carcass was half-eaten and weathered by the elements. How he longed to taste the fresh sanguine of deer, or something he had brought down himself. But there was no drive to hunt so soon- Dovev had still to explore all ventures of his new habitat.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
ooc: hi :) I figured this would be a short ways from Dovev

Hawkeye's key-lime orbs flashed; right ahead of her was a small deer, roaming on its own. A perfect snack. She hunkered down low before darting towards the helpless animal. Her large black form soared through the space between them, and soon her fangs sunk into the unsuspecting fawn's easily snappable neck. The scent of blood filled the air and covered her face and neck. She tore into the carcass hungrily, paw pushing back on the animal to free the meat she pulled at.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
ooc: Oh no of course! Hello! ^^

At last the plains broke up into a straggly patch of woods, mostly birch and ash that surrounded the large lake. There was plenty of cover along the longer sides of the water body, providing protective grazing spaces for herds of ungulates. He suspected the smell that caught in his nose was one of those herbivores, which one had seemed to be recently killed. His inquisitive nature sparked, and Dovev spurred himself into the woods.
The white brute moved quietly between the thin trunks of the trees, nose twitching softly. Blood. It was permeating stronger, like the rich sound of a wolf's howl, floating through the forest. What had ended this poor creature's life? It soon became clear as the ground underneath his nails morphed into pebbly dirt. His oculars could see a form standing over a fresh carcass, tearing away. The fae's aroma was familiar. Dovev might've scented it in passing, although he had never pursued it. But now she was crouched over the prostrated form of a battered deer, it's neck twisted at an unnatural angle. Prodding closer, the white beast's skull stretched out, ears thrown forward at the sweet, rich meaty perfume. It would be so easy to just chase off the black canine and claim the kill for himself.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
The inky blackness was smeared with blood, giving off a shiny wet look. Hawkeye raised her head and licked her chops. She quickly examined the territory in front of her, feeling like she was being watched. This was one of those times that she hated her loss of hearing; her eyes couldn't do her justice if they weren't actually pointed in the general direction that action was occurring. Not only that, but her nose was flooded with the scent of blood, as it was dripping with the stuff. Slowly craning her neck around, Hawkeye immediately spotted what was giving her that eerie feeling; glazed-over grey-blue eyes that were encased in a frosty white coat. He was bigger than she, which she found rare to come across. A chill went through her body and ended at her legs. Her key-lime eyes shimmered as she stepped back from the dead beast she was yanking on and flicked her tail. "Want some?" she inquired. Being selfish and eating more than her fill wasn't in her ways. Plus, it appeared as if drool was about to flood from his mouth.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

This particular venue by the lake had led Dovev to suspect a vacancy in the wolf population, and obviously, he was wrong. Trying to find some quiet solace had brought the pale titan to another of his species, feasting on a deer. With a rigid but low flag, the wolf padded forward. It seemed the large but dark femme had backed up, and her lips parted. "Want some?" they seemed to beckon, and without a word, Dovev came to the brunt of the kill and extended his jaws. Their top daggers ripped through the bloody hide and into the tendons of the back and flank, severing a large bit of the deer's form. It was quickly snapped up without a second thought, before his gray orbs snapped onto the female's, almost in a silent dare. A slow, sure grin spread onto his now bloody visage in thanks.
"Delicious."
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
The great white wolf was stained in the same areas as she, but his fluffy white coat was smeared in red unlike just the simple "wet" look her body carried. The grin that spread on his face made her chest tighten, causing her to realize her kindness. She just couldn't shake being nice to other wolves, something that seemed to be a huge downfall. Maybe she would need to surround herself with other wolves that had a darker nature and would accept her, unlike the pack that seemed to have large sticks up their asses and took offense at everything. Hawkeye scoffed and shook her enormous head, deciding to try and lighten the mood on the outside of her mind to see if she could make the attitude stretch inward as well.

"You, uh, missed a bit," Hawkeye spoke with a hint of light sarcasm dabbing her voice while nodding her head at the dark crimson blotched on his ivory fur. "I am Hawkeye. Pleased to feed you." She declared, ditching the name of "Vilocity" for solely her nickname, feeling as if it suited her better as well as sounding "tougher."
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
With an amused glint in his eye, Dovev raised his gray pools up towards the younger female. The dark creature was silent and almost seemed a little mislead by her actions. She was respectful, however, and his white audits swiveled to catch the words floating from her parted lips.You uh, missed a bit. Dovev's pink tongue lapped out unconsciously as he stared at her, running the length of his ivory maw for splotches of blood. I am Hawkeye. Hawkeye? There must be some hidden meaning behind that title. Dovev's pearls ran the length of her body, but found no outward clues. Just a black young femme, with the faint smell of others on her body.
And what is the meaning behind Hawkeye? Dovev responded with a tilt of his head, inclining it towards her.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
The grey-blue eyes of the male searched her mountainous form, making her feel a big self-conscious. What was he looking for? Hawkeye swallowed at the question she had been asked. "I have very good eyesight. As good as a hawk's. And my aim is unrivaled." She responded with the half-truth about her eyesight, pulling her shoulders back a bit. The motion was both caused by a slight swelling of pride and the urge to wear more confidence; she wasn't used to wolves being larger than she, and although it wasn't by much, this male still intimidated her a bit. "And what is your name, stranger?" Key-lime eyes glinted as she licked her chops and waited for his reply.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

Her eyes glimmered as Dovev's own pools snapped to her throat, the only thing that moved. It pulsed, and he could see the muscles swallowing. Slowly they drifted back up, and he met her gaze in a polite, cool manner, just in time to herald her question. His name? Dovev stepped away from the carcass, his paw pads a silent but thorough stroke on the pebbly lake shore. He seemed to be taking his time with the words, mulling them over.
The white brute had intentions for his time in Glacier, having left Blossom and Kaibab to start anew. There was plenty of land here, and the forests were teeming with prey. The deer carcass behind him spoke volumes. He had some time before the snows really hit, so Dovev had been taking his time wandering about. When winter struck, he would find a suitable place to sustain himself before the leaves grew again. But the cold would be coming soon. The lake itself held an icy grip on the water that stung his pink tongue as Dovev lowered his head and lapped up the droplets. Finally, he rose his skull and turned back toward her. Dovev seemed to be wavering on a neutral posture, but his audits were upwards, and his tail curled slightly. If his new friend Hawkeye tried anything, the ivory titan would be more than eager to respond. You can call me Dovev.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
ooc: sorry for the delay!!

Hawkeye watched every small movement he made with curiosity. The white male seemed a cautious and quiet wolf. She padded over to the crisp water as well, drinking the cool substance to wash down the thick blood that had coated her throat while also rinsing off her neck and face.

After the quick drink and wash, Hawkeye raised her head and connected her eyes with the male's. "Hello, Dovev. Are you planning on joining any packs for when the lands freeze over?" She paused, wavering on the fence of whether she wanted to disclose more on her stance. Deciding Why not?, Hawkeye spoke. "I figured I have been on my own long enough now, and the safety and companionship of a pack would be nice." She shuffled her large black paws a bit, and sat down, her tail flicking like a curious cat's.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

He stood adrift as the black she-wolf moved towards the lip of the water, Dovev's eyes prying out the further grasps of the banks. It was a relatively quiet autumn afternoon, the sky one big bowl of blue, as if the lake had been turned upside down. The canine who had introduced herself as Hawkeye spoke again, and Dovev's ears swiveled to the sides even though his pale gaze was far away. A pack? His white visage turned to her as soon as she finished speaking, only to see a feline-like posture sitting astride the grass. Vague curiousity washed over Dovev's attentions. Is that how wolves sit this far north? He closed his maw firmly, and once again Dovev was in full control of his diction. I have a perfect spot to winter... and then I will see about finding some new friends. The white brute managed a sly smirk across his face. I hope you can consider yourself as one.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Vilocity watched patiently as several emotions crossed the white creature's face and as he spoke. She smiled softly at his comment of friendship, remembering what had happened the last time she had tried to make friends. "That would be nice..." She spoke in a gentle tone, slightly cocking her head to the side as she noticed for the first time how striking and handsome his grey-blue eyes and face were.

The black wolf smiled once more, this time in amusement, as she commented on how Dovev would blend into the snow perfectly, whereas she would be a stark contrast. She hesitated a moment before adding: "Maybe when you are ready, we could be in the same pack." Vilocity had looked down mid-sentence, and now her eyes met Dovev's once again.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

A crisp breeze wisped down from the mountain cliffs, and with it brought the taint of snow. It tousled his fur, like fingers running their length through his smooth coat. Clouds would soon be billowing along the horizon, and Dovev needed to make his departure before the driving weather would halt his progress. The white wolf's toes were spread evenly across the pebbly base of the lake banks, but soon they would carry him east and up into the highlands.
He could sense a hint of hesitancy within the onyx ess, something that perked his audits. Maybe when you are ready, we can be in the same pack. The statement brought the smirk into a full-fledged grin and the beast bit back a bubble of laughter. He tried to hide the gleam in his eyes. I think it's too soon for a pack, he responded with a light tone. But the timber in his voice blockaded the dark well that embellished his throat and mind. Such an affluence was already calling memories back from the recesses of Dovev's mind. With a flick of his coat, the male turned away.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
When Dovev laughed at her comment about possibly being packmates, Vilocity startled. He seemed to carry something from his past on the words he spoke, but she let it go when he turned.

She turned her head toward the sky; it was a bright blue dome, speckled here and there with white spots. The air was getting cooler day by day, though it was unnoticeable on a small scale. Vilocity closed her eyes and took a deep breath, and turned toward Dovev.

Licking her chops one more time, Vilocity couldn't help but comment. "Maybe I can feed you again sometime, then," she spoke with sarcasm, but was serious in her offer. She directed this at his white pelt, which she now watched with scrutiny.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

The tamber of sarcasm in her voice stretched out as she spoke. Maybe I can feed you again sometime. Dovev forced the well of his temper back down his thoat as muscles twitched down his forelimbs. His neck slowly pivoted on his spine as his skull twisted to the left, glacial-blue coronas with dilated pupils focusing directly onto her face. Although Hawkeye's comment was not an aggressive one, the words took on a patronizing quality. And the snowy male was not appreciative. But the flash of anger that briefly coated his face froze over, and an icy plane of calm took its place. Dovev straightened up, tendons relaxing and giving his large frame a sinuous look. With a nod, the beast turned. Have a good evening, Hawkeye.
The arctic creature's legs began to extend and his movements began again, a quick trot towards the forest. Even though his coat was one of more obvious hues, the male seemed to shrink into the arms of the trees. His shadow swept behind him, mirroring his movements before it too, melted from sight.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Vilocity watched the frosty white male sweep into the shadows and disappear. Turning her body, she looked around at her surroundings with her bright eyes; a palette of reds, oranges, and yellows marked most of the trees, along with the year-round green for others. She let out a sigh and padded towards the cool water, weaving between the sky-high trees. Dipping her head and taking a drink, she thought of her new "friend" and when they would meet once more.