Sequoia Coast Is the love worth the pain?
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Mordecai

Tawny head and black tipped ears shifted in the soft spoken wolf's dreams. Eyes moved rapidly behind closed lids, the lashes touching the very edge of silky downy cheek. Paws and legs moved restlessly as she hunted the hare in her ceaseless dreams. Chest moving with every deep breath taken. With a loud whine and a shift in her body she swiftly awoke. Blinking azure blue eyes she looked around, trying like mad to catch her bearings. Shifting and standing slowly to her feet, she made out the lumps of Nerian, and the pups and then stepped from the den, just as the sun began it's journey to the top of the sky.

She stood her breath frosty in the morning air, with dew drops glistening like tear drops on her silken fur. Paw step after paw step, tiny nimble paws ate up the ground as she walked gently towards the edge of the clearing. Lifting velveteen nose of black coal, she smelled the morning air, tasting the briskness of the cool autumn morning. Placing her muzzle to the ground she sniffed at the gently drying grass and laying down she rolled around in the dew.

Standing she shook her fur, dew drops flying from the fur and hitting the nearby ground. She fell to her haunches and stood watching the sun rise across the sky. Leaving streaks of red and pink and clouds of white in it's wake. She smiled, it was a good morning to be alive.

After watching the sunrise, the fawn colored shield maiden strode from her resting spot and loped across the shores. She trotted past the borders and continued on much further than was needed, but needing to clear her head after her disastrous fight with her husband, yet again. They seemed alright again, but she couldn't deny that they fought a lot. And often times over silly things, a misspoken word, or a look or just an issue that they did not agree on. Sometimes she wondered if the pain was worth it, was the good, great enough to outweigh the bad. She never had an answer, or maybe she did and she just didn't dig deep enough, for fear of what that answer would be.

So with a heavy heart and a mind in turmoil her petite self tore up the ground as she jogged. Today was a good day to be alive, it was and she would not allow anything, nothing ot bring her down today. Far too often she put aside her own happiness for everyone else, but not today. No not today, today was a day for her to be free.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
I'm assuming that she's going through woodland south of the pack, because Mordecai won't go all the way to the coast. If not, I guess we can roll with it?

Listlessly, perhaps almost wraith-like, he moved through the fog of the early morning. He had moved most of the night, foregoing the rest that his body thought he needed. It was easier and easier to push himself towards that point of exhaustion than it was to give and rest. He wanted to seek Verrine out. Part of him wanted to know if Julooke had given birth, and part of him wanted to literally spill the beans about all that was occurring within the confines of Ouroboros. The former was more apt to come than the latter, however, as he also valued the privacy that the Spine gave them. Rumors made it out, yes, but rumors were usually all that they stayed as.

For all things considered, the Spine was very removed from the rest of the world around it. He knew he shouldn't have been out so far from its territory. His recent vacating of it had only pressed him into being more of an outlier than anything. But if anything, few had noticed his coming and goings. He suspected that perhaps Viggo or Ptarmigan would take notice of his absence, but the others? Given the reactions he had gotten from Cara, he wouldn't have been surprised if she thought he was going out and doing some sort of spying at Ptarmigan's behest. The whole thing aggravated him to the point of disgust, but his options were few at best. At least, the options he was willing to acknowledge.

Returning to the place where he had last seen Verrine, the tawny Ostrega settled back to his haunches with a yawn and loitered. If anything, he anticipated being found. He had come to gather that these were hunting grounds of some sort, but whether or not they belonged to the Bay or remained just outside their purview was unknown to him. Here, the salty air was mute but there, and the ocean remained far off to him.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Okay i changed it to the forest, I hope it's okay for her to be like WTF you smell like the white eyed male.

The fog along the sea was at best thick like soup, at worst too thick to see, but she continued on. She was determined to walk today until she could walk no more at least for a little bit. She needed to clear her mind, before she went back to the bay to shoulder the burden that her husband would leave behind, for a short time. Thistle had heard conjecture of this pack her husband was going to hunt down the white eyed one, but she knew little about it. Though given the circumstances she was forced to believe that they were all savage, moral less vagabonds who did nothing but hurt others.

As Thistle wandered aimlessly down the shore line towards the forest, her minds eye troubled and chaotic at best. Her azure depths caught sight of a hulking figure and she neared the other male only to wrinkle her nose in distaste. Gods you reek of that bastard. Tell me have you come to finish the job? Because I warn you I am not an easy target as the lovely Julooke. She growled then, not noticing the other's eyes or anything, the smell was all she could gather and it was of the same pack that Julooke had bore on her coat. Perhaps it was simply that the fawn colored she wolf was itching for a fight, maybe she wanted to get hurt or hurt another or at least try cause the hurt inside was threatening to choke her up.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
The reaction is perfectly fine with me, I can roll with it! As for the location, I guess I can roll with that too... but isn't Ravensblood Forest kinda far away from SB? I don't have the greatest handle on the map though, so maybe I'm misjudging where SB is? ;__;

The forest around him had stirred with life in his time waiting, though the fog had yet to burn completely off beneath the canopy cover. Even with winter approaching in a matter of weeks, the birds still rose strongly every morning with song. Mordecai wondered if that would cease when the winter winds bore down, but also supposed he would find out just as soon. With the scenery flush against him, he watched into the foliaged depths as to whether or not he would catch sight of Verrine. It may have been easier for him to call for his brother, true, but he had never been one to draw the attention of others. Howls carried too far, were too subject to being intercepted and the last thing that Mordecai wanted was unwelcome visitors.

Which, for all intents and purposes, he was.

And as it were, a figure materalized through the terrain before him. It was not his brother that he hoped to see, but a feminine figure steadily loping. She had spotted him long before he had spotted her, and he shifted in his seat uncomfortably as she drew near. A pretty creature, but also a strong one if he was willing to bet any wager; it was in the way she carried herself… and also the way the displeasure on her face punctuated the few moments of silence left between them. What she said brought instant confusion to his face, but also a spark of smoldering anger that had not been left behind at the Spine. He bridled it appropriately though, deferring his gaze away from her. But he was tense, on the ready to beat a hasty retreat on the chance that she was probably not alone.

It was however, the bit about Julooke that punctured that same deference; Mordecai dared to at least keep one eye on her out of interest. “You think that I'm that wolf?” he asked, quietly. He had been aware that someone had assaulted Julooke, though Verrine had been unable to give him any real details about the fellow. Fair-haired, smelled of the Spine; at the time it could have matched a fair portion of any of their stock. But now that was unlikely, and he had never heard any more of it. “No wolf like that lives at the Spine. I came here for my brother, Verrine.” The confidence in his voice implied that he felt she'd know who he was, but maybe she wouldn't. Stranger things had certainly happened.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I don't know the map is so confusing to me now i don't know where anything is...i put it back to the coast and just pretend were somewhere he can be lmao that is near a forest.

Thistle heard the trilling of the birds as well and she smiled. They were beautiful their different songs, and when blended together they were perfect harmony. They would see be gone, and the land around them would be bare and life less as the cold winter queen, pressed her bony fingers down upon them all. And she would bite them with her teeth of snow and wind and storm, and she would hurt them with her talons of ice and cold.

Thistle did not notice the attractiveness mostly of others anymore, her husband having killed that for eternity. So she did not realize that she was still a pretty creature as some would put it. She had never really noticed the looks or glances she drew anyway, so it wasn't like it was something she was missing. She watched as he looked away, he however said nothing to her, nor did he attack her which made her wonder if she was wrong. Perhaps she was, surely he wasn't the only wolf in the pack of such atrocity.

Thistle wrinkled her nose and stared at him Then why did Julooke smell of your pack? Well? Look here do you have white eyes. that was the only part she knew of the wolf that had attacked poor Julooke, a wolf she hoped her husband would find and dispatch accordingly, the smarmy bastard anyway. Her ears perked up with interest at his words of Verrine. Oh well then I apologize for my hasty deductions. I suppose I am just irritated in general and the smell of your pack fueled my ire. I am Thistle Cloud of Stavanger Bay.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Lmao, that works too! I know when Houkie and I have threaded in the past we usually just go with some general nondescript place within Great Bear Wilderness as a middle ground, so maybe we can get away with calling this a threshold for the same area! Also, Thistle = <3

She seemed convinced that it was the Spine's fault for whatever had happened to Julooke, and the notion made him feel that anger fuel the tension that crept strongly up his body. With all that had been going on within their borders, Mordecai did not want to consider that someone had committed atrocities in their name. It was not the way that they were, certainly not the way that Jinx had ran things in her time. The event at the Isle was, well, unfortunate but also just for what had gone down.

“I can't tell you why, but it wouldn't be the first time someone has used the grounds of another to mask their smell. Spend too much time at the ocean and the salt stays with you,” he replied, thinking of Caiaphas, who he had mistaken for being from the Bay. And though Thistle apologized for her actions, Mordecai did not fault her for being on edge. In her shoes, he would have felt the same. “Believe me, whatever that wolf did, I am aware of it. Verrine told me what happened, but I never saw a wolf that matched the description that he gave me. If that wolf had been apart of the Spine, I can guarantee you that I would have ousted him… if I did not deal with him myself.” It was a veiled threat, but not in her direction. Mordecai shared the same regard for family as many did; to draw blood with them was to draw blood with them all.

“And I'm Mordecai, but I don't have to inform you where I live.” She already knew.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Works for me and aww thanks I do love her...she is one of my favorites haha I <3 mordecai as well

Thistle did not mistake his smell she knew that, she also knew that he wolf had to be from their area of the woods. Because he stank of them, and it wasn't futile that he wouldn't be at least near, and someone would have had to of seen him. Especially if he was rolling around in their urine at the edge of the borders. Surely someone would have seen him if that were the case.

Thistle listened and dipped her muzzle You, my husband and Verrine have all promised this wolf harm. I hope you find him really, and I am a healer, but in this case i am willing to make an exception. She scowled as she thought of that wolf, the wolf that hurt her friend. She would hurt him herself if she could. She would pester her husband and Verrine to teach Julooke fighting after the babies were weaned.

Thistle chuckled Well met Mordecai, and I am sorry. What brings you this way? Do you need Verrine for a reason?
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Beneath her ire-based facade, she did seem like a pleasant enough wolf. For that he was grateful that she had not chased him away, or at least implied that he needed to be moving along. He eased ever so slowly, but not enough to let himself settle into the comfortable niches that he would have around another, familiar wolf. “It's nice to meet you as well. And no, I don't need Verrine for any reason… we meet once in a while to keep in touch. Usually he's found me by now, but I suppose he could be busy.” The last time they had talked, Mordecai knew that he had children about to be born.

But it seemed somewhat impolite to query her about that kind of information too. Verrine may have been family, but that didn't mean that she was privy to the locale in which his mate had whelped in. “But if you're not busy, I wouldn't mind the company in waiting to see if he turns up. I haven't had the pleasure of formerly meeting you, but if I recall, Verrine said you were one of the leaders here.” At least he thought her name had been something along those lines. If it were true, then he felt the necessity to curry favor with her in light of what had supposedly been committed beneath his pack's name.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was usually a nice enough wolf to be around. It just so happened that today she was not. She needed to work on that, taking her frustration out on other wolves, when it was her husband who deserved her disfavor. Thistle chuckled You could say that he has four children to raise now. She did not mind sharing with the brother that he now had four nieces and nephews. When they are old enough you should come to the borders to meet them, I'm afraid you won't be welcome inside, but as long as it is okay with the parents I do not see why you could not be at the edge of our territory. She grew quiet then not sure what else to say.

Thistle frowned then, but not in anger or irritation, but rather in thought. Yes I am one of Ragnar's wives and the female alpha. She cut off the last part quickly, not wishing to hash out the details with anyone. Her tone implying that it was nothing to be said of that. She did offer him a smile and a tail wag though, meaning she meant no offense she just did not wish to talk about that certain area of her life.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
His expression brightened at the information that he received; knowing that he had little nieces and nephews was quite a thing. And with four of them… well, Mordecai was amazed at the revelation. He could not keep down the smile that raised and spread across the length of his muzzle. Contained within it was the quiet thank-you that she had shared that much with him. Her offer was most appealing to him as well, as it was one thing that he hoped would one day be possible. But that day would be a long time off, he felt, as by the time the children were grown for any length of visits there would be a fair amount of wintry precipitation to deal with. And that was something he didn't feel inclined to bring them out into, at any desire.

“I thank you,” he said to her, also taking note of the topic she now skirted around. It was enough to plant the seed that gave him an inkling all was not well within their home, but he would not mention it. Her wording brought intrigue to him, but he dropped the thought just as quickly. “Perhaps some day we will have the opportunity to do that. I don't come this way often, but I would make the trip to meet them.” Of course, it went without saying that he made the trip for Verrine too. He had come this way a time or two before since their chance meeting.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was glad she could bring a little joy to the wolf in front of her, especially after having confronted him without a thought. She supposed her hot temper would be the death of her someday. Especially if things were to go on lately the way of things. She gave him a smile in return.

Thistle did not have issue so much as she had before. It was more she did not want the judgements that came with her admittance about being a sister wife. You are welcome. She too grew quiet and merely listened as he spoke. I believe they would like that.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Yay, good quick thread! If you want, you can fade out on your last post, or I can after you post. :3 <3

As their conversation fell quiet, Mordecai shifted a bit before rising to his feet. He pushed out his front legs into a lengthy stretch, only to feel the nagging rise of lack of rest pressing into his thoughts. It was safe to bet that Verrine would not be coming far outside of the territory on that particular day. As he finished out his stretch by giving a good shake of his coat, he met Thistle's gaze kindly.

“I think they would like it as well, no doubt Verrine will tell them stories as soon as he's given the chance. But I should really start heading back, I suppose,” he said, turning himself slightly away from her. “Long walk and all ahead of me. It was nice to meet you, Thistle. Perhaps we'll meet again.” He lingered long enough for her to either give him reason to stay a bit longer, or at least get in her goodbyes.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
either way, but this will be my last post :D

Thistle watched as he stretched and she followed suit, getting to her feet quickly. I am sorry that you did not see Verrine today. She grew quiet and stood shifting foot to foot gently.

Thistle smiled Yes well met Mordecai. She dipped her muzzle and with a shift of her body, she turned towards home. Her mind was clearer and her heart a little lighter as she broke into a lope, gathering speed to herself as she ran home. She was ready for a nap perhaps, or maybe some hunting only time would tell.