the dark settles in and the trial begins
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #ccffffff; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/y77SqPt.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; outline: 10px solid #477583;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#2e5c8a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: rokkit; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 525px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

After a long time of thinking and pondering and asking and sacrificing he had finally came to a final decision. And it was a fair one. It involved no one getting hurt and a win for both sides, or at least that was what he thought. Silver eyes blinked as he looked at the ceiling of the den he shared with Paar and unwillingly unfurled himself from her, kissed her forehead gently in farewell and made his way silently out of the den into the main meadow where the faint dawn light shone down and illuminated his silver pelt.

His ears swiveled forward to the sound of a rabbit and began crouching down, sneaking through the tall grass and making sure he was downwind. It wasn't long before his strong jaws captured the neck of the rabbit and broke its bones, effectively ending its life. Satisfied, he placed it in one of the pack's caches and proceeded to hunt for himself. It wasn't long before three large rabbits lay by his side.

The Praetor began tearing into the first one and only when the sun had fully arrived in the sky did he lift his muzzle in the air and howl for @Adair The Forsaken. They needed to talk and ranks needed to be straightened and arranged. Discipline needed to return to his pack and they all needed to know their place. Soon he would call for a pack meeting.

Calmness amongst Calamity
115 Posts
Ooc — Adair
The call rose into the air, startling the roosted birds, and scaring the resting wildlife that had managed to settle close to Adair. And deep within his mind, he knew it was time. His fate within the pack that he had helped create with the one who had summoned him...Shadow. The hazel and spruce cloaked male made his way to his fours, remembering that he had fallen asleep next to Enya, who he might be joining soon in her captivity. Watching the ivory femme for a second as she dozed, he wondered what sort of dreams the girl had, or if the roman had even any dreams at all. What if all ah had we're nightmares? Adair found no excuse to have his leader wait, so within the split of a second, the brute flung his mass in the direction of the call, large muscles legs Arrington him far, and fast.

Within minutes, he felt he was near. Slowing his pace, the hessian walked into the clearing, where his leader awaited.
And spoke, his usually merry voice holding no smile in the words, though they kept their calm tone.

"Yes, Shadow?" rumbled the 4 year old.
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #ccffffff; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/y77SqPt.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; outline: 10px solid #477583;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#2e5c8a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: rokkit; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 525px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

"Yes, Shadow?" said Adair. A dark smirk drifted across the Praetor's lips as he gazed coldly at him, the maniatic glint in his eyes bright as he gazed at the dark wolf. "Praetor," he said softly. "You will address me as Praetor." Usually he only told his captives and slaves to do that but he made an exception for Adair, besides soon he would have to join them, what difference were there? The silver youth leaned against a tree and began eating the first hare, only when he had swallowed and finish did he look at his subordinate again.

"Sit," he said and began tearing into the second rabbit, his eyes analyzing the older male with a kind of cold amusement. "So, how's Enya?" he asked, curiosity evident in his tone. The result of the old man's trial could wait, after all he loved delaying and toying with his subordinates at times, makes them nervous and worried. As they should be. He chewed slowly and swallowed, other than the smirk, his face impassive.

"Have you heard about my new slave?" he asked, the glint in his eye brightening. Let him think about the possibilities.

115 Posts
Ooc — Adair
Not only was the sterling telling him to call him by his rank name, but he also questioned him on the topic of Enya. Bile made its way up his thick throat, and to not make a catastrophic appearance, he unfortunately swallowed it back down. To rip the freedom from someone was harsh enough as it was, but to have the female belong to someone was colder than the heart of the eyes of the male before him. Adair was disgusted at this Shadow.

"She lives. She breathes. She talks. She is unmarred. That is her predicament. Her well being is fine." the reply held no sort of attached tones to it, it only being a catalyst for information on the happening of the ivory girl Adair had tried to prevent from hostile grip, only to have her snatched, regardless. With him in tow, it seemed.

"I have noticed her status, as well, her living quarters in the dark and uninhabited forest.".
827 Posts
Ooc — Will

"She lives. She breathes. She talks. She is unmarred. That is her predicament. Her well being is fine."

He smiled at that. "Of course she is, after all she is my slave not some savage beast's slave/" his eyes sought out the amber ones of Adair and his lips twitched in amusement. "Or do you think of me as a savage sadistic beast, Adair? I must say I find that quite amusing." He knew that some wolves, wolves that did not know Roman culture, about their ways thought of him and the Romans as an evil sadistic villains that enslaved wolves for no reason and killed wolves for fun. He had laughed at the wolf who spoke to him about that last time because that was all complete bullshit. He was fair and believed in justice, he was also merciful to wolves who he thought deserved it but he hated anyone who disrespected his culture such as that wolf had and he was sure that Jupiter and all the gods approved of what had happened to the loner.

When he spoke about noticing her status and that she lived in a dark and inhabited forest, he laughed softly. "It is called Saltus Puniter after all, the forest of the punished in your language." he still didn't let his accent show, only willing to become the softer side of himself when he was with his wife. "And it will not be uninhabited now she and the other slave are living in there. Besides if the trespassers keep coming, I don't doubt that it will soon be filled with captives."

He smiled pleasantly, something that most would take as a dangerous thing to happen and swallowed the bit of rabbit and gazed in a thoughtful manner at Adair.

115 Posts
Ooc — Adair
The more he attempted to get closer to his own alpha, the more the brute continued to push away, staying more in the mysterious side of his own identity. How could he know such things, if Shadow had no intention of sending him the respect and trust he had worked to earn?

" I know not who you are, Shadow. I know nothing of you. That may be what you wish, but for cooperation to be held, for a pack to have faith in a leader, trust must be a factor in the family."

Adair couldn't help but think of the times he and the male had shared, their brief and one sided snide conversation that had so soon become one of a mutual friendship, or even a light bond he had thought the two had shared.

Then a word had stayed, echoing in his ear like that of a caves morality.
Captives? More of them?
The gentle male, the one who had been known once for his patience, his kind nature, fought the urge to retch at the words his own leader had spoken to him.

He said nothing at the comment, too afraid to open his maw, lest the controlled contents of his stomach spew across the floor. He did not desire to speak upon this matter, or anything dealing with slaves, or Enya, God fprbode it, not Enya. If Shadow had known his growing attachment to the female, he could assume he would either recieve worse than her, or be cast astray, the poor female left to fend for herself against the presumed unfairness of her bondage to the hessian who sat before him, eating a rabbit as if he had not a care in the world.

Instead, he brought up the topic of 'another slave'...who was the new recruit?

"She has a companion? Another has joined her chains?" the male asked?
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
Like our new banner? :P

"I know not who you are, Shadow. I know nothing of you. That may be what you wish, but for cooperation to be held, for a pack to have faith in a leader, trust must be a factor in the family."

Family. His heart lurched at the thought-yes he had a heart-thoughts of his brother Flame, or Arcadius as he liked to tease his younger brother with. His little sister Ice or Aelia with the pelt as white as snow and yellow as eyes bright as the sun. His family he thought sadly before a familiar crimson healer with bright copper eyes leapt into the photo containing his siblings. His coniunx was now part of the few wolves he considered his blood family.

His features remained cold, eyes icy as he swallowed the last bit of rabbit. Nothing betrayed his internal turmoil. He had a family here in the pack, Flash, Crëyr, Farkas, Tiberius, Paarthurnax, Enya, Leila. Those that he trusted, that never left his side, -yes he trusted the slave-for she had performed her duties well and did what he said without protest. But Adair had questioned him, tried to correct his ways, disrespected him in the eyes of the Roman and he hated himself for still caring-however faint it was-for the old brute. Vector was new and he did not trust his new slave at all when he hadn't even demonstrated anything for him to begin trusting the dark autumn touched wolf.

His blood family he knew would soon expand, soon it would not only contain his siblings and his wife but his other family, the family not bound by blood, the wolves he considered his brothers, sisters, sons, daughters were a lot. And most of his packmates he considered his family. No matter how harsh he might be to them, he still loved them in different ways and he always cared for them no matter what they thought, for he would always be harsher, crueler to outsiders and strangers. What he did always had a purpose.

But as a Roman, his pride kept him from admitting things like this, he didn't like getting too sentimental. He liked to appear strong, warrior-like, a leader. He knew he appeared a sly, arrogant liar in front of Scimitar and Bazi and some other wolves, and he did that often, smirking because it was something that he learnt when he was a child. Only the wolves he trusted could see a bit of the real him, (only Paarthurnax and his siblings had ever known and seen all of the real him).

"She has a companion? Another has joined her chains?" he resisted the urge to smirk again, instead remained indifferent. "Yes, a barbarian named Vector. But she will not have a companion slave for long for I might be freeing her soon." he said softly, bright silver orbs soughting out Adair's amber ones. The maniatic glint in his eyes slowly dying down.

His silver eyes narrowed in suspicion-an act for he was actually rather amused at the thought. "Adair, are you becoming close to my slave, Enya? Friends? Lovers?" the indifferent look on his face remained the same without twitching a slightest bit.

115 Posts
Ooc — Adair
( are u gonna respond to the thread you two did? Shadow and Vector? The Tour around Hell thread. You didnt give him a job or anything. & yea, the banner is badass. :D)

Adair was informed of Enya's captivity period being nearly complete, and his heart had settled a bit, happy at the news. But the question that followed was one that set it back on edge. The sterling had noticed a slice of the companionship they had. And the wooded wolf couldn't read on his expression whether it was good, or bad, but Adair kept his words even, keeping his treasure within him.

"She and I had met quite a while ago, months before she had stepped forth to recieve her acceptance into this pack. And with the conversation we had, common intrest was made, forming a friendship. Not more, nothing less, that a friendship."

The silver wolf's words were soft, but Adair had to do something that in turn, broke his own heart to do.
He couldn't trust his own pack leader.
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
I'll do that when I have time. I'm currently extremely busy >:C but I can spare some time :)

"She and I had met quite a while ago, months before she had stepped forth to receive her acceptance into this pack. And with the conversation we had, common interest was made, forming a friendship. Not more, nothing less, that a friendship."

Silver eyes looked at Adair with concealed curiosity, although his face remained as indifferent as ever. "So you knew Enya before she arrived at the borders and you didn't bother to tell me? I'm not totally heartless you know, I understand why you would've been nice to her but then you would be nice to every stranger at the borders wouldn't you?" his tone was not biting or sharp, just tired and weary. "I have a friend, one that I met and grew close to in my former pack and because she liked our Alphess, she got kicked out and when I confronted the Alphess about it, she found fit to kick me out too." he laughed although it held no humor, only a painful note.

He gazed at his subordinate with tired weary platinum eyes, "I suppose you don't trust me, believe me anymore do you, Adair? I can't say I blame you, although I can say I never usually lie." He was tired of the world, if only the Fates would grant him a peaceful future. He laughed bitterly at that thought, knowing that the gods would never give him one. He shook his head as he looked at Adair, "The gods are laughing at me now,"

"I wonder how is she doing now, she deserves a better life than me." that made him laugh again, a bitter and painful one. "No, the gods have already decided I am to have the worst life possible on this world." he felt like he was talking to himself now.

"But I can't blame you if you never trust me again, I suppose my ways are different, much different than yours. I suppose I was harsh when you didn't know the rules. But my life is terrible, always have been." he smiled crookedly. "But nobody ever knows, I hid it too well." Now he was becoming too sentimental.

115 Posts
Ooc — Adair
Quote: Hey Will, X here. Rave had to go out of town, so I'm doin her Adair for her. :) I don't know if im gonna do him right or not, don't hate meh.

Adair watched as his leader slowly graced him with a sliver of his usually unseen soft side. Amber eyes gazed up his leader's face, wondering how simple words could have caused such an unexpected result.

"I apologise for leaving you in the dark on her. I did not know if you would turn her away due to my thin tie to her. I feared the unknown for her safety. "

The large male dipped his crown, long silked mane lightly brushing his shoulders, laying down any standing ruffled hairs.

His auds picked up his Praetor giving him slack on his life in the previous pack, the Creek pack. Adair's heart softened at the gesture. The stone made Shadow had given him a chip of his own self.

He spoke to him of his past, his cultures ways being obviously different, and another light apology of the differences. Adair couldn't help but to forgive him. The woodied brute held no grudges.

"I am from Sofeřg, Land of Lumbers. It was a place of peace, a pack of non violence. We were at peace with the surrounding packs, having trades exchanged, and travels. We hunted together. As one.

It was until my father decided to seperate us, taking my mother, pregnate with me and my sisters, away. After we were born, he had killed my 3 sisters, and my mother. I was too young to know what had happened. He had raised me, himself. "

Taking a deep breath, he continued.

"One day, he told me what happened.
And that day, I killed him. I've never had so much hatred in me, in my life."

Turning his hazel amberized orbs to the surrounding trees, he continued in a softer voice,

"I was not always this nice. This kind. It is forced."
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
The Praetor snorted softly as he apologized, thin ties could either break or grow and it seems that their bond was growing. Besides he didn't need to worry about her safety, he wouldn't damage her too much, that was simply not in his nature to do so. He listened quietly as Adair started talking again, saying he was from a place of peace. That they were not rivals with surrounding packs, that they hunted together, as one. Then he spoke about his father taking his mother pregnant with him and his sisters away, killing all of the except for Adair. But what he didn't understand was why his father even told him at all, perhaps there was a shred of honor buried within him. And then Adair killed him. What a dramatic turn of events.

"I was not always this nice. This kind. It is forced." said his subordinate softly. The Roman canted his head, harsh eyes looking at the older male. "My father never bothered to hide anything, the ultimate Emperor, he ruled our lands. Brutal and merciless and blood watered our meadows everyday. Not from our enemies but from our leader." he shrugged, he had lived to be a better fighter because of that. A better warrior and though Aku tried to make him as brutal and merciless as he himself had been, he was better, with Jupiter guiding him.
115 Posts
Ooc — Adair
"Then perhaps we not be as at odds as previously thought, Shadow. You have my repsect on a many of things. Yet, I have faltered, and let my past rule my present, though it is for the better."

The aged man turned toward the remaining rays of the sun, his hazel and amber eyes glistening in the last resorts of light.

"We all have fates. What we chose may alter them only alittle, but it seems mine is set in stone."
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
"Then perhaps we not be as at odds as previously thought, Shadow. You have my repsect on a many of things. Yet, I have faltered, and let my past rule my present, though it is for the better." The Imperator listened quietly as the older male spoke, content to listen to what the dark wolf had to say. He was tired of everything, of duties, of the world, of every inch of his life but he kept going, because it was his duty as a child of Rome to do so. He would not fail the shining father, or Paarthurnax or any of his packmates. He would prove to those who did not believe in him, Bazi, Scimitar, that arctic creature, that he was a better, he is still a better leader than they were.

"We all have fates. What we chose may alter them only alittle, but it seems mine is set in stone." He chuckled softly at that, though it held no humor. Shadow was actually tempted to say 'Welcome to the real world, Adair' but decided not to. He would save that for another wolf, instead the Roman just rolled his shoulders in a brief shrug "Our fates are controlled by the Parcae and the gods. We may be able to alter them just a bit but everyone's destinies have been set for them." he said softly. And his was to go to hell. Deciding to discuss his fate later on, emotions having caught up with him. He said goodbye to the brown male, dismissed him and was lost in his thoughts once more.