praying for love in a lap-dance
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
@Vienna hi ;)

If wolves had liquor, Finn would be intoxicated half of the time. Turning a year older had hit him harder than he ever thought it would. What would've seemed like just a reference number had wrapped itself around his neck, suffocating him like a wave. A wave that brought along a small piece of maturity that had escaped him during his puberty. It had arrived late, but it had arrived.

And this new, 'maturity' the male possesed had not arrived fashionably late, but impromptu in the worst of times. It had not only brought new feelings into his heart but it had also turned on the little engine in his brain, called self-counciousness, which had been gathering dust for a good portion of his young life.

He was beginning to think twice before jumping into the unknown, he was not enjoying the adrenaline rush as before. Instead the electricity in his soul had been replaced by softness and butterflies in his stomach. It was gross.

So again, without a motive or a reason the young male wandered around the mountains, cars crashing in his brain and flames licking at his chest.

God it was hard being sober.

<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Why hello! ;D

Totally posted with the wrong character, whoopsie

She was back in the valley where she had met Amelie, but this time she had not encountered anyone new on her descent. At the moment her eyes were on the birds, watching them flit around between the trees near the edge of the mountains. Soon some would leave, their departure marking the oncoming colder weather. All around the trees showed the beginnings of being marked with autumn, though still the weather was mild. She thought it an ominous sign; as though the longer it took to get chilly, the harder it would hit once it did decide to arrive.

At least she was used to harsh winters, her previous home having been even further north than the current one. It was likely things in the mountains would get colder still, but hopefully it would be comparable to winter back home. Of course, she had only seen one winter so far, so she had little to compare with.

That was when the strange wolf entered her field of sight, the birds nearby leaving their positions for safety in the trees. He appeared distracted even to her and not so thrilled despite their lovely surroundings. What was eating him?

"Heyo!" She called out. "Who set the stormcloud on you?" She giggled at the thought of a raincloud following him around, but quickly stifled it. Now wasn't the time, not if his problems were actually serious. Then again, he could just have one of those faces. Hopefully she wouldn't offend him if that was the case.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Each breath was longer that the previous one, not because he was physically tired but because the small wheels in his cranium required to be fueled and ventilated like a high mantainance machine. One that in his case, was brand new.

The thoughts produced by this little engine were incredibly painful for the young man, and though it was not common for him to openly show his inner emotions there he was, walking aimlessly around the mountains with a face similar to one of a scolded puppy. The thing was, he had not realized he was not alone.

If it hadn't been for the girl's approach and her voice, he would've probably walked right passed without ever knowing so. His head turned instantly, suddenly concious of the rancid air of sadness that clung to him; after giving him a sheepish smile the boy walked towards her, his tail waving in an attempt to shake off said stormcloud.

Sorry that's the face I make when I'm hungry, he blurted out. It was a much simpler explanation to give, and though his belly wasn't complaining it was the first thing that occured to him.

But my, who set your voice to be like the birds?, he barked then, noticing the pleasant tone of her voice.

<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Vienna accepted his excuse without question, as was her nature. Truth be told, if he gave the real reason, the girl wouldn't have known what to say anyway. She hadn't much experience with affairs of the heart. And while perhaps there might have been someone more prevalent than not in her thoughts nowadays, she was barely aware of it herself at this time.

"Judging from that, your stomachs must be rather unhappy. Perhaps you should fix that!" She responded with a grin. "There's usually some nice rabbits about here." She enjoyed this valley more and more as she came here more often, and this visited somewhat frequently on her way to other places.

She gave a small laugh when he mentioned her voice, somewhat embarrassed by the compliment but used to that particular one by now. They didn't call her "songbird" for nothing. "Probably the same one who set my head in the clouds. I'm Vienna. Vienna Songbird." She had, unsurprisingly, almost forgotten to introduce herself. Sometimes she got so comfortable with a stranger that she forgot they didn't already know names.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

The man's olive eyes traced slowly the outlines of her face, and though they didn't stick there for more than a minute he could've sworn that her facial expression had changed more than a hundred times. She was cute. The type of cute that demanded to be cuddled.

At her offer or food, he couldn't help but smile. Dinner and a show!, he thought waving his tail from one side to another while casting one of those hollywood-boy smiles at the grey canary. Oh well that makes sense, he barked with a chuckle, not sure if that was her given name or it was just a strange coincidence.

Now about those rabbits Vienna, he barked, while tipping his muzzle briefly before continuing, Wanna help me catch one? Though I call dibs on the legs, he joked, lashing his tail to one side while waiting for the girl's response.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"I would, but first I have to know what to call you," she responded, "or do you not have a name? Because if you don't I'll have to make one up for you." She finished matter-of-factly, waiting for a response. He seemed the good-natured sort so she felt like she could heckle him a bit. It was nice.

Vienna's somewhat childish naivety extended to the opposite sex rather wholeheartedly, though his attractiveness wasn't lost on her. She just took it as a fact and moved on to making friends, her own skills in flirting in the negatives at even the best of times.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

My, my! How rude of me, my name's Finn -- but I would like to know what my given name would've been He barked, the little whiskers on the base on his muzzle twicthing with interest as he waited for a response. Mr. Hunky and Mr. Muscles were his past nicknames -- given by Fox and Hawkeye respectively. Though the girl he cared for the most had not bothered to give Finn a nickname of her own, he was still curious of what the other girls could come up with.

Another of his hollywood-boy smiles stretched across his muzzle as he took two small steps towards her, so far she had not exhibited any of the telltale signs of being charmed by him, so he couldn't resist to tease her a bit -- just to hope to get a rection out of her.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"Hmm," she circled him a bit, pondering. Nicknames were serious business in her book, not to be given unless they were earned. She supposed in this instance though she could throw him a bone. He was a cocky one, it seemed, so she decided to have a bit of fun here. "Fluffbutt," she conceded finally, with a serious nod of affirmation.

Vienna might be nonobservant, but she wasn't completely stupid, and his charm was pretty darn obvious. It didn't bother her one bit, though, for it meant there was a level of friendliness to this encounter that normally it took a while to obtain. She already felt like she could joke with him, a result she could definitely live with. Besides, he was probably just one of those boys who didn't have any other manner of interacting besides flirtation.... she'd met a few of those.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

As soon as the silly nickname left her mouth, the man chuckled lightly adding the name Fluffbutt to his registry. It wasn't all that bad, it gave away that she had been looking at her butt after all.

Ah, gotcha! So you were looking at my charmingly fluffly buttocks hummp?, he barked while waving his tail in the air in an exaggerate manner. Then he turned again to her, a playful smirk hanging from his lips.

So Smokybuns, he quipped with a silly grin --if she could assign names so could he! What do ya say we get those rabbits now, and continue talking about my butt over dinner? he added quickly, now beginning to feel real hunger broiling in his belly.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She laughed back, appreciating his good humor. Some might have been sorely offended, so she had been taking a gamble on that one. Thank goodness she seemed to have read him correctly. "I'd say you've been returning the favor," she quipped back, waving her tail and admiring his choice of return nickname. Fluffbutt and Smokeybuns... what a duo.

"Everyone knows you don't discuss butts over dinner," she said as though the fact was obvious to all. "Dinner is for ears and tails only! Lunch, though, is an entirely different thing." She nodded sagely. "Don't worry, you'll learn." She liked this wolf, could see a real prospect for friendship here. This rabbit hunt was going to be a fun time indeed! "Now lets go scare us up some bunnies!"
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Touche. He answered with a small shrug of his shoulder, never wiping the smug smile off his muzzle as he did so. He had been looking, even before she launched her first attack. By nature, and habit, Finn was always looking. Maybe because of the intoxicating hormone coctail in his system or because he found a strange adrenaline rush pumping through him every time he made a girl swoon off her feet.

It was an addicting and destructive hobby, which had grown part of the never-sober Plateu wolf. Alright-y we'll save the buns for another occassion. he snorted with an amused look in his eyes, she was by far the most interesting wolf outside the Plateu he'd ever met.

where to? he asked then, lifting his eyes to meet her face for a second. She was the host, who also happened to know the location of the rabbits so it was only natural to let her take the lead.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
wanna fade this or keep it going? :)

He didn't deny it, and Vienna felt a little rush. It was hard not to b flattered, and while she wasn't the type who chased the boys, she could appreciate a bit of harmless flirting now and again. It was usually only when it was blatantly obvious (like now) that she even noticed it, but it did wonders for the confidence.

"This way!" She darted off in the direction that she knew the rabbits most likely would be, glancing back to see if he was following her lead and keeping up. They would need to be quick if they wanted to take down some rabbits, as the critters weren't going to wait around once they detected the wolves' presence.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
fading here, thanks for the lovely thread :v ps i powerplayed them getting the hare just to wrap things quicker

The girl took off inmidiately waving her tail to signal he should follow, which obviously he did without hesitating. Despite not being sure where the yellow brick road she laid in front of him would lead him, he was willing to take a chance and follow her. Getting lost wouldn't be a inconvenient for the troubled male.

He'd be happy to make her his little get-away from reality -- plus with a mea included in the package he just couldn't say no. After catching up with the female, Finn lowered his neck in order to take a good whiff of the bushes nearby. Suddenly as he was approaching one, a brown pelted ball of fluff jumped out, completely startled by the male's presence.

The innate predator instinct in his veins pushed him forth, lunging for the critter and engaging in a high speed chase. The rabbit was fast, but Finn was born to run; after nipping the air behind the animal's heels a couple of times, his fangs met the rabbit's flesh.

Then, without really looking if Vienna had even been behind him all along he ended the critter's life, putting a swift end to its squirming and exasperated kicking.
Dinner's ready he called out, while swiping his tongue over the base of his muzzle. She'd better make an appereance quickly if she wanted to take a bite.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
sounds good, thank you! This was a fun one :)

Finn tracked down one of the critters first, taking off like a shot after it. Vienna sprinted after as well, angling to watch the result of the chase while keeping out for a rabbit of her own. She detected none, the chase possibly having alerted those nearby to their presence. Finn seemed more than willing to share anyway.

She walked over when he called, looking down at the rabbit. "Nice catch! Man I'm gonna miss them being nice and fat like this." When winter came it wasn't only the wolves who would lose weight. She'd let him have most of the catch, taking only a couple of bites herself. He did, after all, do most of the work. After this, however, she would need to return to the mountain. She'd enjoyed this encounter immensely but, as always, liked to check in with home often. This was definitely a wolf she'd keep an eye out for in the future though. He certainly knew how to have a little fun.