the eye of odin
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
All welcome! :)

Levi had fallen asleep as usual, in the darkness of the den and his world. When he woke, however, there was something definitely wrong. The world was bright. He couldn't see very well or make out details, but there were shapes and varying shades of colors that came to him now. What was this?

Sounding more like Kevlyn than himself, he began to cry. Howling and mewling, Levi crawled away from his mother on his newly semi-stable legs, and wandered around the den whining about his predicament. What was going on? What was this stuff in front of him? Without further ado, he bumped straight into the side of the den, plopped down on the ground, and wailed.
crash down like an avalanche
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle made her way to the den of the parents again. This time a bird held tight in her maw. It wasn't a lot for them, but it would do for a snack for Julooke. She remembered well how much it took out of her to nurse, and she needed to eat just as much when she was pregnant after while she nursed.

She poked her head in the cave entrance at the long sounding howl and whine came outloud. It made her nervous and she was a bit afraid, hoping the children and Julooke were okay. She set her bird down and spoke softly into the gloom, Julooke?
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Levi heard the sound of a larger wolf come in, and turned in time to see a large shape looming in the portal, the opening, the eye of Odin. He sniffled, and forgetting the confusion about his newly found sight, began to wobble his way over to her.

Seeing as he couldn't, well, see her very well, Levi bumped into her leg and plopped down on the ground, one tiny paw resting on her gigantic one. He looked down at them, studying the pair of paws for a long moment, before he turned his head back up toward Thistle and barked, a tiny rasping sound made hoarse by his earlier crying.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry for the delay. College is killing me already and I just started this semester..short story Biology hates me..keep telling myself only 10 more classes and degree only 10 more....

Thistle bit back a smile as a small puppy waddled her way. She remembered well when her children were first learning all their senses. She thought back in her mind, and figured they must have gotten their sight now. After all, this was about the time her three got their sight. Though they had not be frightened, more exploratory if possible.

Thistle chuckled in her chest when the little fellow barked at her. She bent her face down to his level and blew gently on his tiny head. She did not bark, but rather whined. Afraid her bark would be deafening in the tiny den.
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Oh, I remember those days only too well. You can do it!

Levi blinked as the air rushed over him and the sound of a whine filled his ears. Cocking his head, the boy listened to the other's whine for a moment before he briefly wondered who it was. Not his mother or father, and none of his siblings. Then who? Her smell was familiar, but he didn't know who she was.

He studied her face, watching her movements, wondering what to call her. Big Female, that would be it. She had pretty eyes, as much of them as he could see, and she smelled nice. And he liked the way that she lowered her voice instead of shouting at him, like some of the other visitors did. Levi cooed happily, babbling away as he patted his tiny paw against her big one, welcoming her into the den.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle gently brushed her muzzle across his head. Afraid to startle him, but wanting to give him some more comfort. So that he knew for certain she was there for good reason.

Thistle smiled and lowering herself even further. Soon enough she was laying sphinx like on the den floor. A little closer to his level. She shifted her paw and cooed back at him. He was a curious fellow and she liked that. Both her boys had been extremely curious as well. Hello Little fellow. she half whispered at him.
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
"Faah," he cooed happily, enjoying the warmth of her body next to him. Levi grinned and scooted next to the giant paw that he held under his, draping his tiny form across it. He sniffed at her, exploring the scents that covered her coat. Ma sometimes smelled like this, when she went out and came back. Da always smelled like this, since he was in and out all the time, wrestling gigantic bears and slaying fire-breathing lizards. Because that was what was out there, right? Scary creatures in the night?

Levi was content to sniff her leg, though soon he was up on his feet, crawling across her forearm precariously. The fall wouldn't be far, of course, but his coordination wasn't the best. He wobbled across her leg, feeling the muscles roll to one side or the other, and finally reached her shoulder, where he was able to lift himself up to sniff in the big hole in her head. There were two, just like Ma and Da had, and Levi enjoyed checking theirs out, too. "Rah?" he whispered, nibbling gently along the ear as he nosed around her head.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle bounced her paw gently, not too hard that he would fly off of it. Just to give him something to play with. A little fun in his day. She shifted as he moved across her paw and her forearm and the paws jumping across her muscles causing ticklish spots to rise across her legs.

She chuckled as he sniffed at her ears, she moved them and turned her nose towards him. She touched his back gently, she didn't want to scare him and cause him to fall. He was a curious fellow and it made her smile, her children had been curious like this.
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
One more post from you to wrap this up? Then we can have a new one! :)

Levi laughed softly, bouncing on her leg with the clumsy balance of an infant. The grey pup wiggled and then fell off his perch, though he wasn't unhappy with it. Levi fell as gracefully as he could, his stomach across her leg, limbs splayed on either side. He giggled, a soft sound that bubbled from his chest, and after a moment he carefully climbed back up.

With a wide-mouthed yawn, Levi stepped off her leg and found a soft spot to nuzzle into near her chest. With his mother asleep or caring for is siblings, Levi had found someone else to keep him warm. And soon it would be a good thing that Levi knew this woman, because the future that awaited him would require careful and loving kindness from her.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sounds good to me

A small sound of worry left Thistle's maw as the child stumbled, but she quickly stifled it as little levi did not seem bothered by it. She enjoyed his giggles and she moved so he was able to crawl back up easier.

Thistle tucked her head and paws over the child so he was nestled softly and safely and she too closed her eyes for a long needed nap.