Arrow Lake oh
55 Posts
Ooc — Sietch
sorry for late post >.< Creyr!

Dusk was beginning to fall in a drooping, hazy curtain upon the skies, turning them a warm yellow color that reminded Cuan of silver birch leaves. Although the Sunspire's forests were mainly made up of mostly conifers and other annual trees, in the eastern low valleys the young tan adult had the pleasure of witnessing the changing of leaves. Most of the trees were in full force now, and from different vantage points he could observe the tops of forests and their vibrant, pastel hats.

The wolf had made his way to high outcroppings of rock that spanned back into the forest, and his yellow orbs could make out the bowl of Arrow Lake through them. It was cool as the mountains behind him had cast their shadow in his direction and onto the lake, turning everything into a whispering, soft blue.
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
hey! i'm sorry for not replying earlier. nice thread name, btw :P

The petite Welsh padded through the undergrowth, every gentle step cautious, twigs and branches entirely covered with brilliant bright leaves of red and orange. Once again, Draenen was drifting around her mind.

Ble wyt ti, cariad?

Crëyr was again set out for some exploring, as she was striving for the trade of Outrider back in the Bypass. She was around 6 days away from her pack, though she hadn't encountered much scenes or items of interest with the exception of a few exquisite, pastel-colored butterflies.

Diluted yellowy light settled on her pelt, turning her fur a lighter shade. It was then she moved across the precarious chunks of grey rock before sighting a vast blue lake across from where she was at. The shadows from the mountains behind slid into light.

Her small nose twitched once before bringing the scent of the strange wolf towards her nostrils. Attentively, she slowly retreated from the area before catching sight of a lanky male, one who held dark and light in his hide.
55 Posts
Ooc — Sietch
haha that's okay, and yes, very creative title name xP

With a flourish, Cuan leapt off the small ridge, and landed front-feet first on the leaf carpet. But his back paw hit the cool stone and he stumbled, almost falling face first into the dirt. He quickly right himself and glanced around with porous yellow orbs. Although he hadn't smelled anyone, he was still conscious of his misstep and if he could blush, he would.

The Sunspire wolf began to walk around the outcropping, keeping one eye on the sharp slope that led to the lake below. It was a wondrous blue sight, like a piece of sky had fallen and was trapped between the fingers of the mountains. If it had been any warmer, Cuan would have been tempted to bound down the slope and splash around in the shore. But something had caught the scout's attention, and he froze as the aroma of a wolf reached his twitching nose. He could smell the pack on this stranger. Within the trees, Cuan could see a lighter shade of shadow move forward, just as curiously cautious as he was. But the male wasn't needing to defend anything or prove himself, and now it was another opportunity to meet someone new.

With a wave of his tail, Cuan stood with a tilted head, gazing past the shifting figure of the female. If she chose to approach, he would engage in friendly relations, but if she didn't, he understood.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The petite Welsh watched the male. The first thing she noticed were his eyes, which were a bright, luminescent yellow— staying on her for a brief second before flitting upwards towards the trees behind her, as if he was avoiding eye contact.

He tilted his head. From what Crëyr could tell, this wolf was not one to seek a challenge of some sort from her— which was when she decided to approach him, keeping her distance as she halted. A gentle smile drifted onto her lips as she curiously regarded the rusty lupine behind shielded eyelashes.

"That's a beautiful lake, isn't it?" She said, addressing the blue lake that was a cliff before them, marvelling in its gorgeous soft blue. It slightly reminded the girl of the ocean, her homeland, Wales, though she had come to the point in her life where every water bed had proceeded to remind Crëyr of her previous home.
55 Posts
Ooc — Sietch

When the smooth-pelted silvery female addressed the lake beside them, Cuan could see where her admiration stemmed from. There was no delineation in color on its' surface as it slowly ebbed and rolled. Even the clouds were no source of reflection, as the sky above was a cool blue.

It is, he nodded. I'm not one for swimming, but it kind of does make you want to go splash around in it. The Sunspire wolf noted her enraptured gaze, and wondered if she was more fond of water than he was. And she smelled of a pack too- perhaps they were all some sort of lake-dwelling creatures.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
She smiled fondly, reminiscing about her old home back in the blue. Her matching eyes sparkled and came into focus as the male began to speak in response, offering a few words about how he had admiration for the lake, though he was not one for swimming.

The petite Welsh rolled a slim shoulder, her smile spreading slowly, cerulean eyes sparkling with laughter and memories. ”I was taught from an early age how to swim. It isn't that hard, if you master the skill of not drowning."

Crëyr regarded this male behind fluttering eyelashes, a curious glint appearing in her azure orbs. She wondered where he was from, if he bestowed from a pack.
55 Posts
Ooc — Sietch

With a twinkle in her eyes, Cuan couldn't help but grin a little.
I'm still at the stage of trying to keep my head above the water, he responded, a little sheepishly. He knew this pretty silver female wouldn't be impressed when Cuan got into water and began thrashing and flailing around. He could barely doggy paddle across the few rivers that fled down Sunspire's cliffs. Cuan had lanky legs that were good for walking long distances, but little else.

My pack, Sunspire, doesn't have much water, so I'm a little lucky.

sorry for short reply in class >.<
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
ahahaha i write in class too :P

The male mirrored her actions, a small grin spreading across his features. Then he proceeded to tell her about what phase he was at when he came to swimming and how his pack, The Sunspire, provided little beds of water for practice.

So he hailed from a pack called the Sunspire. Crëyr hadn't heard of it, but she hadn't heard of much packs until she had come across the Bypass, so it seemed legit. Promptly she offered a few sentences.

"I'm sure you'll learn, if you're up for it." She smiled. "Well, I live next to a lake, back in the Bypass. I haven't had much time to swim, though, you know. Duties." Again she regarded him with curiosity as a playful smile spread across her delicate features as she gestured towards the lake before herself and her companion. "I would love to, though. Maybe today. Maybe right now."

Crëyr looked back up at him, her eyes twinkling. "Shall I? If you join me, I could offer a few tips to allow improvements to experiences under beds of water."

55 Posts
Ooc — Sietch

Are you offering to teach me how to swim? Cuan grinned with pert ears after she spoke of her pack living near a lake. And she seemed willing, moving a ways down the slope and glancing over her shoulder.

With a lurch of his body, his lanky legs trotted down the brackish slope after her. Through the trees, the lake seemed to glow an ethereal blue, as if it held some sort gem inside. The Sunspire wolf could see the spine of the silvery tan female in front of him, gliding between the tree trunks and making her way down to the lakeshore.

I think I would need more of a guide book than tips, he spoke in response to her last comment. The lake seemed to emanate a steady breeze that ruffled through his short, reddish-brown fur.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
ok i totally um did not reply for two months. sorry for that omg :'D i think we should finish this here and have this be our last post?

She grinned. "Yes, I am indeed offering to teach you how to swim. She neared the lake before turning to wait for the male before it occurred to her that she hadn't yet received his name. "I don't think we've introduced ourselves. I'm Crëyr."

The silver-graphite female dipped a paw into the lake, testing the waters, before she deemed it compatible for not getting hypothermia. "You know how fish seem to glide through water? Well I know they're aquatic creatures, but we'll be aiming for that. To learn where you place and propel your body and limbs...

It wasn't long before Crëyr had a successful (if not, semi-successful) round of teaching. The two said goodbye before the last remnants of day and parted ways, back to their own respective packs.