Stavanger Bay pump your veins with gushing gold
408 Posts
Ooc —
This is set roughly near their borders... figured it was fitting to put it in here! :P

After her encounter with the dark-haired sage of the coastland wood, Echelon had made it out to the shore again with no other conflicts. She did not find Tonravik there, but she pressed on to the west, following the curve of the ocean as it rolled against the shore. Though she wouldn't have admitted it, there was an element of panic coursing through her veins at that point, because she had no found her aokkatti. Not a sign, not even a trace of those who had followed her. Had they all scattered into the wind? It seemed as likely as she had herself, but it hadn't been purposeful. Echelon had always been used to being sent ahead to scout, so very much in the same way she had gone ahead now. Only this time it wasn't for the purpose of scouting.

Though she stood greatly downwind, she could tell she was getting nearer to a place of higher traffic. A pack, no doubt, if the various prints that she passed across meant anything. They came and went along the shores, though to where she had no idea. Inward towards the inland, sure, maybe even they descended into the sea like crustaceans. Her pace picked up then, hoping that she could risk being seen long enough to pass by them altogether. Maybe further down the coast she'd find some trace of Tartok beyond. But in truth, Echelon stuck out more than she intended; an inky splotch of movement against the whitecaps of the rolling, stormy sea that pushed fair breaths of change in to the wilderness beyond.
glass animals — black mambo
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Since Ragnar had left on his outrider trip, Thistle had been tirelessly patrolling the borders and hunting. Often taking one of her children with her, or all three. Gunnar wanted to be a warrior so he should learn how to be offensive and defensive all at once. Today though she was on her own. Small petite paw steps took her towards one end of the territory borders to the other. Blue eyed gaze was fixed on the horizon as she walked. Ever so often stopping to scratch, or roll or urinate, whatever she could do to keep the pack lands known.

Most patrols were uneventful, today was not to be so. As she walked she kept her sights on the surrounding area, and was surprised to see another wolf. Hackles raised and tail held stiffly above her head, she stalked towards the other. She was not trying to be overly aggressive, but the other wolf was near her borders and she didn't like it. Hello May I help you? You are so close to our borders? She grew quiet then and waited patiently for the she wolf in front of her to speak.
408 Posts
Ooc —
It did not take long before someone had spotted her. Echelon's paces tried to be a bit more hurried to dissuade the other wolf from intercepting her, but she leveled with defeat quickly when she noted that she was being pursued. Her pace slowed then, ears slicking back against her skull as she craned her head for a look at the wolf that hastily approached her. Just like the fellow at the glacier, this female carried herself with the markings of a leader. Internally, Echelon scoffed at her own odds that she would be happened upon by a leader of some pack, versus any number of lackeys that she could have warded off.

But there was no time to think of a prepared exit strategy this time, and she found herself forced to answer the questions that rolled forth. With distance between them, the Tartok scout held herself neutrally, and aside from her once over to size up who had approached her, she tastefully kept her eyes elsewhere. Her smart tongue desired to get the better of her, but with her temper softened from her recent lashing out earlier, she adopted the sense of sagely tongues. For now, anyway.

“Just a traveler,” she said, putting her best and kindest words forward. “I do not mean to come so close to what is yours, but I prefer to travel by the coast.” Within that she held a sense that she would not be easily detered from persisting her current direction, but Echelon felt there would be more questions at hand.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle saw the other female trying to get away from her, and with grim determination she increased her own step. She would let the girl go unharried after she spoke with her for a time. She was not a total witchy wolf. She did try and be kind to strangers, the other was just to close to her borders for comfort. Especially with Ragnar off on a quest, and winter fast approaching and all the recent trespassers they had had.

Upon approaching her before speaking she took a moment to catch the little breath she wasted and study the other. This wolf was largely black, but the most curious was a white patch on her chest. It was interesting to the sandy she wolf, it added character to a normal blank slate of wolf. She was small much like Thistle herself was, she was finding that to be the norm. For a brief moment Thistle was exceptionally glad her husband was not here. She did not have to see him studying the other female with pleasure. Her husband enjoyed the feminine form a little to much for the she wolf's liking.

Thistle perked her down ears tipped in chocolate forward and listened to the other speak. She was not being rude, actually rather mannerly and kind. Thistle softened a bit, she did not wish the girl ill, and she often traveled by the coast herself. The coast is a good way to travel. Do you have a destination in mind? She would offer more after she got to know of the femme a bit before her, for now her curiosity could not be sated.
408 Posts
Ooc —
She wondered if she were lucky, watching as the ocean dwelling matron softened her stance. Though they were similarly sized, Echelon still came out with the short straw in most matches. Her wolfish heritage betrayed her when it came to her size, but it was muddied enough that she struck many as runtish than more of a coyote. Still, she felt that comparison cleanly in the way she was viewed.

She turned an ear to capture the words that came her way, and shifted her gaze to the path that laid ahead. The coast went on and on for quite some distance, but the haze of the area dwindled just how far she could really go. How far she really wanted to go, and that was assuming that Tonravik would be anywhere to be found, if she hadn't gone inland. That thought had occurred to Echelon as well, but she hoped that she would find her companion looking for her along the sea.

“No,” was the initial answer that she gave, lost temporarily in thought at the possibilities of her search. But the one-word answer seemed impolite, so she felt the need to add to it quickly. “Why do you ask?” Her attention shifted back to the tawny matron, though her gaze stayed more level with her sandy feet than the rest of the body that made her up. Echelon found though as soon as the question had left her mouth, it sounded stupid. Of course she would want to know where she was heading… as if the fact that she lingered at their doorstep wasn't warrant enough to be asked where she was going. They were protecting themselves, just as her evasion was for her own protection.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Truth be told it did not even cross Thistle's mind about Coyotes. She just thought the she wolf was of a small breed like her. Thistle was not a large wolf, and so it did not surprise her when other's were small.

Thistle wondered at the other's look. She seemed to be studying the horizon and Thistle wondered for a moment if the other was trying to figure out where she was going. There was miles of coast line and you could follow it for days, weeks, perhaps even months. So in retrospect it was an odd question to ask she supposed.

Thistle actually shrugged for a moment For two reasons really, the first being that you are awful close to my borders. I do not want any surprises or trespassers. Secondly, mostly curiosity for curiosities sake. She grew quiet then and simple waited, finally she spoke softly, figuring it was the polite thing to offer her name. I am Thistle Cloud.
408 Posts
Ooc —
And sure enough, the tawny matron told Echelon the very thing that she had figured out for herself. She was too close to their borders for their liking. Being curious didn't surprise her either, but she was inclined to believe that was also for the former's ulterior motive. Too close to a home meant that they'd naturally want to know what she was going to be up to. Had the situations been reversed, Echelon imagined she would have done the same.

But her pleasantries were slipping slightly, though she tried to keep ahold of them. “I assure you, I mean no harm,” and there were those words again, echoing her previous meeting with another wolf. “I merely request passage across this part of the coast. I have no interest in what your lands hold.” This time, the curtness in her tone slid through, but she meant it genuinely. Echelon cared not for what their territory had within in. She had no desire to be recruited by them, and certainly wasn't about to go asking for trouble. A stray wolf or two on their own posed her little harm (or so she thought), but a pack was an entirely different story.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had approached this other femme at first because of the proximity to the borders, and the amount of influxers later. However, at arriving her curiosity got the best of her, making her ask more questions than were probably warranted. Thistle was a curious being it was how she learned most of her knowledge.

Thistle laid her ears back and then forward again as she listened. Her eyes on the others face and then over towards the coastline. She did not wish to be rude, but she wasn't going to avert her eyes completely when she was on her territory anyway. Thistle cracked a smile, You do not need my permission for the coast, it is neutral territory, only for my territory do you need my blessing. I will warn you though, there is a white eyed wolf somewhere that attacks females, so be careful. He attacked one of our own while she was out. My husband is hunting him down, but I would like to warn you none the less. Thistle grew quiet at this, she felt the warning was warranted, even if a female could take care of herself, it was best to be prepared.
408 Posts
Ooc —
The first half of her words fell more along the lines of blah, blah, blah in Echelon's head, but there was a nugget of interest in the second half of her statement. Interest piqued, she could not avoid the shift of her gaze to meet the inset sapphire of the matron. A wolf going around and attacking others? Well, it certainly wasn't liable to be anyone that Echelon knew, but she hung onto the information all the same. Most interesting was the talk of said wolf being white-eyed. She had seen her fair share of oddities when it came to eye color.

“Thank you,” she said, and found that she meant it earnestly. A possible threat was something that Echelon did not take highly, hearsay or otherwise. And if these wolves were still on guard for said individual, she took it as a means to say that he still lingered around. Her confidence kicked in though, and she almost went on to tell the older canine that she could handle herself just well. Her tongue stayed itself though. Instead she opted for another question: “Have they been seen around here lately? Perhaps I should alter my route.” Perhaps she'd alter it away from this stretch of beach. But would have Tonravik? The thought of not finding her no matter which direction she went pained her, but she tucked it out of sight as well.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle guessed that the other was probably not interested in her first part of the conversation, but that was okay. It didn't really matter truthfully, Thistle was mostly just offering idle chit chat, so that awkwardness did not become overbearing.

Thistle shook her head He has not been seen since the super moon. However, my husband said that as badly as he hurt Julooke, that he couldn't imagine him not staying around to finish the job. But as I said he is also hunting him down, and hopefully he brings his head back. Rather harshly said, but Thistle had no time for mindless violence. If it was warranted that was one thing, if it was just for someone to do it, well that was a whole other ball game. I do not know if he is still here or not, I know he lives further down the coast, from the scent markers on his pelt. I have met others from the same pack or near the area. He may have gone home.
408 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry about the delay. Work sucks.

A name tumbled out through the information that she gave, but it didn't mean anything to Echelon. And as it were, it sounded like the attack had happened much longer ago than any recent event. It was enough to calm her paranoia about some lurking beast in the bushes, but it did not douse the embers of its fire entirely. She decided to be more careful all the same, and came to a decision in the process of the matron's speech.

“I see.” Her statement was flat, the evidence of her thinking was brought forward. Echelon gave the path behind her a once over, only turning herself in that direction slightly as she brought her gaze back to Thistle. “Well, I won't trouble you any further. I've decided I'll come back the way I came. It's safer.” She took a couple of tentative steps in that direction, only lingering for a dismissal that would deem she would not be suddenly chased. Though that seemed unlikely as well, for the alpha female had been nothing but kind towards her.