Redsand Canyon barriers broken
175 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Read Only 
OOC: Malila is leaving Mereo. Tags are for reference.

She had lain low for several days after returning from her trip away further in the mountains. Malila kept largely to herself. She feigned the impression of looking busy, or at least scoping out the newer arrivals. More and more, she noticed the influx of visitors, many of which were prospective members, or already had entered the ranks. While they would surely be useful, Malila was not. She had no official role. 

She had considered her two main options here as @Ruenna said. And though she very much did try to understand the Matrona's point of view and tradition, in the end, Malila just did not see eye to eye with her. She was a young woman. She did not want to marry just because she had to, for the sake of doing it. She had her whole life ahead of her and would rather wait until someone special came along.

And being a warrior? That just wasn't in her nature. Sure, she had learned how to defend herself thanks to @Germanicus. She even knew a little bit about fighting, but only after her instincts had forced her into action in protecting @Aquene. That day when the invader came to try and take her, only to be driven off by the pack, had rattled her. Made her realize the potential lifestyle she would lead, if she stayed here as a warrior. It did not suit her. 

Malila knew who she really was, and that was neither of those possible people. Winter would be at an end soon. Back in decent health, she would try her luck with another pack elsewhere. Or team up with another wayward soul. She was no longer totally helpless. After stopping by @Aquene's den and informing her of her decision, she sought out @Germanicus next. And then finally, @Ruenna. "I have done what you asked of me. Considered the eligible soldiers, as well as the path of a warrior. Neither lifestyle is for me. I will be taking my leave. The last thing I should be doing is taking up space while Mereo's numbers continue to grow." Malila was courteous enough to not leave without notice. At least they had a heads up, and maybe might not consider her a traitor. "Thank you for putting up with me this long, despite our differences." Her mind made up, she turned and left the canyon for the last time.