King Elk Forest It Is Written
175 Posts
Ooc — The System
Pack Formation 
making some assumptions, let me know if it's not okay!

The wolves in the vale hadn't heard of Violante or Vorilye, much to Vex's displeasure. She had departed the valley very quickly, and had then awaited upon @Vivaan. When the wolves of Mereo had less to offer, Vex was done with the mountains, and instead set their sights for the mountains even further west. Beyond those, she knew she would find somewhere better to settle and rebuild. She'd told Vivaan everything she could of The Dominion, including his future rank - "You will be my Queensguard, but we must train; our years before were prosperous, and we had no enemies. But here, there are too many to count." How many packs had they passed on their way here? Vex alone had met with two before even joining up with Vivaan. This land was far too populated. They would find a nice, quiet place to rebuild, and then, once they were strong once more, it would be war. A blood war, sibling against sibling. Oh, how she craved their blood...

After over a fortnight of travel, they arrived in the forest, and Vex drank in the scent of elk galore. "What say you, Vivaan? Shall we settle here? We can hunt the lake, and the river to the west. It's secluded, and easily defended."
Physical Health (100/100)

Vex is currently healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vex is currently doing well mentally... or, as well as Vex can be.

33 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

There had yet to be much success in their journey. Vivaan was just about as disappointed as Vex, though perhaps not as much so.

During their travels elsewhere, leaving both valley and mountains to see dust, the pair discussed the future. The pack would leap to great depths, not to mention he himself would fall within a superior rank.

Then there was a territory to think about.

With such a well disclosed area, there will be plenty of opportunities to train our recruits in peace. We must be wary, however, of who we allow within our hearth. This land must remain sacred. An obvious warning, but one Vivaan saw necessary to make.
"Well go on, then... 
Tell me what it is you think I haven't heard. 
Whatever it may be, I can promise you that you're wrong. 
I've already heard it all."
175 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vex snorted softly, derisively. "It will remain so." Though there was some note of finality to her tone, she added, "Never fear, Vivaan. I and I alone knows who is worthy to tread here." She beckoned to him, then, and set off to mark their first borders. As she walked, she asked a question, "Did you find any of the prisoners on your way here? I had little luck." Of course, the prisoners had left a fortnight or so before Vex and her guard, but even so, there was a chance he'd seen or smelled someone. The majority of her rage and murderous tendencies were for her siblings, but she would still take any of those who had deserted. No one left her - not with their life, if she could help it.

Mental Health (100/100)

33 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

By her words, a pang of inward regret filled him. It may have been wrong to offer such a warning. Of course she knew who would be allowed within... she was their Queen.

Now angry with himself, he bit hard against his tongue, wishing he could return the statement. What would Vex think of him after that?

Though, she moved on. Perhaps she took no care.

"Did you find any of the prisoners on your way here?"

The subject was one Vivaan had forgotten entirely.

The prisoners.. A flooding memory.

No.. I didn't. Frankly, their existence fled my mind. Thus far, my sights had been set only on your kin. What purpose have they anyway? The prisoners, he meant. By now, they're either dead or near to death. None of them could have survived on their own. Maybe he thought too little of them, but they had been nothing more than flea-ridden mutts that had been nothing more than furry skeletons that tended to the Cruor's needs. What else need he say on their behalf?
"Well go on, then... 
175 Posts
Ooc — The System
"None have ever escaped our prisons," Vex snapped, bristling. She was far too stressed - she wondered if she were unraveling. Not quite yet, she decided. She took a deep breath, reminded herself that Vivaan was one of few who remained loyal to her. She couldn't lose her patience with him. Vex huffed, continuing, "I want them back. They're mine." Oh the things she planned for them - especially the servant girl, Noir, who'd led the escape. She was much too smart to let live. Vex paused once more to mark and let loose a low howl. Then, she turned to face Vivaan. "We'll begin our training soon. We must be fit to fight, when the time comes."

Mental Health (100/100)

33 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

It was true, what she said. None had ever escaped. 

Violante had given them leeway, no doubt, with Noir at the head of the flee.

And you shall have them back... but in due time, He clearly needed to remind her of their priorities. Not only did Vivaan act as her protection, but also as an advisor. Right now, they were the only that remained. Someone needed to look out for the rage ridden Queen.

Strength is something we need more than ever before we blindly run into the fray. Aside from training, we'll need to do some work with recruitment. Again, something Vex likely knew on her own. However, sometimes Vivaan needed to say it aloud to make sure she knew — and to make sure he kept in mind.
"Well go on, then... 
175 Posts
Ooc — The System
Recruitment - something Vex... wasn't quite certain of. In their old home, she had never had to recruit - their pack had been large and prosperous, and she had been a true Queen, with many to serve her. Now, she felt like a shadow of her old self. The Queen took a deep, calming breath. "I plan to patrol our hunting grounds, as well as the forest. We will take the weir and the creek to the west - and we must visit our neighbors, eventually." Another breath. "We start tomorrow. Travel as you please - I will stay and guard the forest."

Mental Health (100/100)

33 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"Travel as you please."

An unexpected offer, by far. 

Despite how much he willed to take it, he knew better. He could not, nor would he.

As tempting as that offer is, my place is here, as your queensguard. Vivaan would not go as far as invading her privacy, sticking to her like glue, but he would remain within the bounds of their new claim. 

If that is all, I will be off to mark near where the topiary lines the outskirts.

If Vex would remain within the heart, he would take his time to ensure all outsiders knew this land was theirs.
"Well go on, then... 
175 Posts
Ooc — The System
A nod was given - Vivaan was right; his place was here, by her side. That would make recruitment a challenge - but, then again, she supposed she could travel a short way away - at least close by the forest. She would dismiss him with a simple, "Very well. I will likely call upon you again soon, then." She could make no decision without his input - not yet. She would leave him, turning and padding deeper into the forest; she would seek a place for their dens, at the very least.

Mental Health (100/100)