She Screamed Once, Then All Was Silent
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
@Raissa

Slade lay deep amongst the thorny brambles of a dying rose bush that he labled as his own throne. Nestled in the thick and thorny foliage, the dark king was content. It was until his wretched stomach decided to growl, that his satisfied mood turned down a darker path.
Damnit.
He released a growl of frustration at his normal bodily functions, and shook his fur, spraying little frosty flecks of snowflakes everywhere, though many cling on for dear life.

The black brute took a small journey of steps until he was just out of packs borders, and outside of the beautiful forest of despair, and pondered what he had a taste for.
What would give up its life to sate his hunger.
Warning: Uses foul language
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa walked along through the trees extremely bored. She sniffed the air and only scented stale shit. Literally. She huffed and walked further into the dark woods. She was following the trail of a rabbit when she scented another wolf. Raissa lifted her head and took a deep whif. A male, from the blackfeather pack. She followed it and finally saw the wolf.

He was strong, a thick black coat fitted to his body. He was sniffing around, growling and mumbling to himself. She barely kept herself from laughing as she silently moved up wind of him, purposely so he would smell her and turn around. She sat quietly and waited for him to notice her.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Throughout the common scent of Crow, ferret, rabbit, weasel, and the rest of the common skittering creatures he had encountered thus far, a new scent scoured his senses. Wolf. And one that he had not meet. Female. Upwind of him.
The dark king smiled.
As strong as her scent was, how could she not be behind him? The wind, as light as it was, blew loftily, and the strength of her smell, alone, gave away her exact position.
Without turning around to face her, the deep thunder that was his voice, though lowered for dramatic effect, came from the black wolf.

"You should have been taught to not try to scare people. It leads to trouble, little lady. "
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa smirked as the obsidian wolf spoke in a deep voice. She made her own voice velvety smooth and dramatic in return, lowering her head and cloaking her firey orange gaze.

"Well, trouble is my specialty, so you are just going to have to deal with it." She purred, the snow falling softly on her silky brown and white pelt. She positioned herself in a way that portrayed seduction and confidence, her ears flicking at the touch of each snowflake.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"You're right, " he agreed.
"Or I could send up a howl that would alert the other pack members that a girl's desires for trouble, could lead to her own demise. "

Speaking over his massive shoulder, but without looking at her still, he added,

"Or I could eat you. Your call, girl. "

Slade knew he was hungry enough to eat at least half his weight. She would be a snack.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa let out a laugh as the wolf spoke over his muscled shoulder. "Why on earth would you eat me when I could offer my help to you. And I already know some of your pack." Raissa stated in her thick southern accent, smirking at the mention of his packmate that she had met earlier. This wolf seemed like the kind that she could relate to. Raissa rarely made friends and when she did they were often fake on her part. It was a lonely but fun life.

Getting irritated that he wouldn't turn around she kicked a pebble that hit his black furred behind. "I would really appreciate it if you looked at me when you spoke." she hummed.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
He heard the light click of a small rock like movement, and seconds after, he felt a soft thud to his rear.
She was bold.

Slade listened intently to her, keeping the southern twang of her voice as a origin point of the female. A southern girl, eh?

" I guess I could show you some courtesy. Dont expect too much, though, it just might be the last bit you get to see. "

A laugh, maniacal but subtle, purged from his throat.
And it was when he turned to face her, that the massive black lupine made a leap at her, simply a scare tactic of his, and just to frighten her a bit, but all in good fun.
Or so, he thought.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Half asleep so this post sucks :P

Raissa wasn't going to lie, the wolf surprised her immensely when he suddenly turned and leaped at her. Not sure if he was playing or not, she reacted immediately. Her paw shot out, ready to knock his legs out from under him as soon as he hit the ground. Her hackles were raised and her ears were back, a snarl planted on her lips.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: Its chill. Getting ready school.

The shewolf actually did react. Hell, she tried to trip him.
When he saw the tricolored paw shoot out, aimed directly for his front paws, he reared up, and jumped back, just as quickly as he had arrived.
A light laugh came out of him, though he wasn't laughing at her face, just the small scare.

"I like you, girl."

A twinkle resides in his fiery gaze, as he plants it on the snarling female. Her hackles raised had even risen, she was that prepped.

"I am Slade. Slade Nightmare. At your service. "
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
The look of surprise flooded the soot-pelted wolf's face and Raissa felt a rush of satisfaction. He leapt back and out of the way of her paw, his face forming into a laugh at his own near accident. He introduced himself as Slade Nightmare and Raissa let her hackles down and her ears up, her snarl forming into a half smile half smirk.

"Pleasure. I'm Raissa" she drawled, her words heavy with her accent. She flicked her ears and her smirk grew wider, "And it is wonderful to have you at my service." she chuckled.

Raissa sat back on her haunches and studied him for the first time. He had strong shoulders and seemed to have the air of a ruler, his golden eyes glowing with authority. Next to him she felt small. She wondered who would win if it came down to a fight. She was fast and hard to grab do to her small size but he looked extremely powerful, probably quick too.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"Raissa, eh? Cute name. Exotic, almost. Quite fitring for you, especially seeing how I've never seen a southern girl, before."

A hint of flirtatious smile arouse his dark maw.

"Let alone, talked to one. "

Slade studied the wood lamented girl, her rich hues of a hazel brown with stark layers of white and stone gray. A pretty girl, she was. Though, too young, pleasing to the eyes.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
"Well, I'm glad to be your first." she smirked at her choice of words as his eyes studied her with his golden gaze.

Raissa noticed the small flirtatious hint in his smile and voice. She looked him over again. He was at least a year older than her, but he was definitely still handsome.

She flicked her ears as the snow fell on them and stretched her paws out in front of her, arching her back. Her jaws fell open in a lazy yawn do to little sleep last night. Again she smirked at the thought.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Slade turned from her, as abruptly as his feigned attack, and began to walk back to his brambled home. But before the black cascaded combat master could get far, he called over his shoulder,
"Have you got a clue to what pack you want to join?"

Without a pause in the beat of his step, he swiveled, and faced her, a bit farther from the girl from whence they once were.
He wondered if attempting to recruit the girl would bring a pleased eye from the Dark Mistress, Meldresi, and with no indication of such on his ebony features.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa took a moment to think about his question It would be a good idea to find a pack before the worst of winter hit. Then again she did enjoy the life of a loner.

"Hmm, that depends. And were you really going to leave me here all alone? I could follow you back to your den without you knowing and then kill you in your sleep." Raissa informed him, even though she knew she wouldn't actually do it. Maybe.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Slade scoffed at the words the girl had spoken to him. She truly believed she had the ability to kill him, as he slept?
The beast knew very few times when he needed sleep, for insomnia had taken normalacy into his life, rendering the blessing and curse of sleep deprivation. That could be a key factor as to how he was mainly a psycho, so far. Slade was an absolute nightmare.

" I wish you good luck on that, Raissa. Nightmares aren't all that easy tp get rid of. "

A glint appeared in his sun embered eyes.

"Plus, you would recieve no benifits from killing me, besides death. "
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa wondered what he meant by nightmares. He couldn't actually believe that he was a living nightmare, or he was truly insane.

"I know, I was just pointing out that leaving me alone with a trail straight into you territory might not be such a good idea. There are plenty of other things that I could do" she smirked and got to her paws. She trotted past Slade and into his packs marked territory.

"I'm hungry." Raissa stated as she sniffed around the small trails left my tiny feet in the snow. She started following the trail of a plump weasel into the woods, and further into the Blackfeather's territory.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: Forgive me, but you can't just trot into pack lands, missy. xD if you want, I dont mind editing it abit, if you want it to be subtler.

Pivoting as swiftly as a fleet footed panther, the obsidian cloaked brute jumped forward a long step, and tacticly tried to ram his left muscled shoulder into her soft right side, not enough strength to shatter ribs, but with enough power to knock her off of her fours, and prevent her from continuing her tresspassing.

Fierce blazing orbs glared down at her, no longer holding the slice of kindness that dwelled in them previously.

"And what in Sovengard's name did you think you were doing?" , he growled, the thunderous song of impending danger descending to the multicolored shewolf.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Haha its fine, she was just teasing him, she didn't plan on actually eating something from your pack territory :P

Slade let out a furious growl and leapt towards her, ramming his shoulder into her side. She stumbled but got her balance back quickly because she had been expecting his attack.

"Well, how do you expect to recruit me if I don't meet your alpha?" she asked with feigned innocence in her eyes. It was very practiced and perfected so she was pretty sure it would work.

Raissa was actually planning on joining the pack. It would be very tactful and she slightly missed having a place she could call her own. This pack seemed like a good fit for her and she already knew two of the members. Now she just needed to like the alpha.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"You should know to meet an Alpha, you must make an appearance to appease. Our Alphess may not be of such, to a tresspassing soul. About face, and march, missy."

The man sat on his coiled limbs, the onyx pelt glimmering in the faint light echoing between the two lupines.
If she wished to join, she would have to learn the proper equation for doing such.

"Im sure you dont want her to see a bad image of you here, within our pack borders, and to prevent you from making me look bad, I just might take myself up on my previous offer, of eating you."
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa was tired and sore, and at the moment she got pissed really easily.

"Fine. Just tell her I want to fucking meet her." She hissed before she could calm her anger.

Her eyes blazed with the suppressed flames. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go get some rest. And don't try anything, or you'll be sorry. I'll rip your fucking throat out." She turned with a flourish of her tail, her multicolored fur fluffing out against the cold as she walked away from the soot furred warrior.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Slade laughed at her little petty threat, as if she were a child scolding an adult.
As if he wanted to try anything with her. He didnt even wish to speak to her, anymore.

"Wouldn't dream about it, Raissa. "

He watched the agouti sashé away, her tail plumage catching his alert attention before she dissappeared beyond the thin lined trees, back into the open, from where she once came.