Ravensblood Forest Identity
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Avery was absolutely exhausted after his morning patrol He took a long drink from the river snaking through their territory. The pups took a lot of his extra energy but truth be told, he adored being a father. He was changing in ways that he loved, and in ways that concerned him. He was terrified to lose the edge that would keep his family safe. 

Avery still had regular flashbacks of his past that he never discussed with anyone, even his mate. He had wanted to run from it, and start over completely. He had come so far, but there was still one last thing he wanted to discuss with Violante. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he straightened up and let loose a howl for his love.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
It was rare that Avery sought her out, and in fact, she could not remember the last time that he did, so when he called for her, Violante rose immediately. Her pups dissented as she moved from their sleeping forms, but with gently shushing, they were all asleep again. She would give Lorelai notice of her absence, then exit the tunnels. Here, she called back to Avery, then set off at a lope until he was in her view.

"Avery." Her tone was sharp with worry. "Is something wrong?"
Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
He felt immediate relief as she came into sight. "Yes, but the there is no immediate danger, just the same things that we run from still." He let the sentence hang in the air as he allowed his fur to brush against hers, allowing himself to take comfort from her. 

"I'm worried we may still be found-by my family." Avery expressed his concern quickly. I can't have them find me or my pups. Avery began to paw at the ground, clearly agitated. 

"Not to mention, your family obviously know me by name..." He trailed off here as he began to pace, he wasn't sure how to ask her. He had been thinking for weeks and he knew this was what he wanted. He had his daughter to preserve his history. 

He stopped in his pacing and stood directly in front of his mate, he looked her in the eyes as he asked seriously, "Are you still willing to name me?"
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Tag is for reference! Sacrarium looks forward to meeting Jag, whenever he comes this way, heh.

Worry — there was always going to be worry, and fear. Fear of being discovered by Vex; she knew her sister, and how closely she held to their family's ideals. A Cruor never ceases. It had been @Jaganatha's saying. And Vex? She was driven by rage — she would never let Violante live in peace. She had to be searching for them. And now Avery fears his old pack will find him him. The Vicera let out a heavy sigh, moving closer to nuzzle him. They had friends — Sapphique, at least. But then, a question she'd never expected to hear from him. She had wanted to name him, long ago, but he'd refused several times, and she'd given up on the idea. But at his, she grins broadly, reaching up to press her muzzle against his throat as she murmured, "Of course. And I've the perfect name for you — Vagabond. You've travelled far and wide, but now you're home."

Still, she gave a soft sigh as she pulled away. "If they find us... We've got friends in Sapphique..." But the truth was, they had too many whelps and not enough protectors, and she was finding herself quite uncertain about what to do.

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
His shoulders sagged in relief when she agreed. Vagabond. It rang loud and clear in his ears. Avery nuzzled his mates ear as he spoke "It is perfect, I love it." 

He grumbled as she pulled away, deepening into a growl as she mentioned being found. "We're either fortunate or the opposite. I branch out everyday in search of allies but come up empty, but that also means no one has found us." He sighed heavily, wishing he could live without so much uncertainty. 

He felt lighter though. Vagabond. His new name rang loud and clear once more, he spoke into his mate's ear once more. "Thank you."
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
If Avery — Vagabond, wanted to seek allies, she would have no qualms with it. She told him, "Noir has eyes on the coast; travel inland." She paused here, debating her next words. If she allowed him to travel freely, it would mean they'd be down one more wolf. But then again, Luka and Lorelai both were doing better, and they often watched the pups together. They could do it.

"First look within a day or two's travel. Let them know we're a new pack with whelps, looking for friends, allies, potentially." Violante's brow furrowed in thought as she began to pace. They still had little to nothing to offer other packs, aside a potential future marriage between whelps. That was something else to discuss entirely, so she shelved this thought for now.

"Give them whatever details you think best." Then, she murmured a gentle, "And you're welcome. Thank you for the honor of naming you."

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
This could wrap up the thread if you'd like.
 Vagabond spoke quickly, "I'm not leaving our pups without their father more than a day or two after all anyhow." He smiled fondly at the thought of their pups, Vale, Violante II, and Asara. He absolutely adored them and truly couldn't bare to be apart from them for long. 

He thought of his new life then. It had brought him many changes, but he had eventually grown to like, if not love each and every one of them. He glanced down towards his right shoulder reflexively considering the cost again. But what it I had escaped another way? He shook off the thought, it was too late for doubts now, it was time to live in the now. With his new life. With his family, and his pack.

He laid his head on his mate's nape, inhaling her scent. He would rest with her there as long as she allowed, enjoying the remaining moments of peace and privacy that they had left before they had to return to their responsibilities.