float away
<div style="font-family:'Georgia'; font-size:12px; text-shadow:#e90000 0 0 5px; color:#000000">there's a hole in my soul<br>
<i>i can't fill it, i can't fill it</i></div>
10 Posts
Ooc — Arla
The little shadow was avoiding the mountains – he did not want to cross them because as soon as he reached their base painful suppressed memories resurfaced. The memories were often crippling, causing anxiety to take its hold on the small pup and paralyze him until the attack subsided. To prevent this from happening Niklaus decided it was best if he kept his distance from the mountains that divided the park; however, he was growing rather bored of the same scenery. He knew that eventually he was going to have to overcome his fear of the mountains and find a way to safely cross them… due to his small stature, the boy was also frightened that he wouldn’t be able to make it over, especially with winter arriving. The snow would make it nearly impossible to climb the mountains without another wolf present, and with his current fear he knew that the journey would be even more difficult.
Until he figured out what to do about his irrational mountain phobia the youth was confined to the Valley. He had already explored most of the nearby territories and now found himself following a creek that cut through the land. The creek was much more than a bubbling stream as it meandered through the land and moved much quicker than the mountain creeks he was acquainted with. As much as he wanted to splash around in the transparent water, he was concerned that the water would suck him under and he wouldn’t be able to push his way to the surface. The ruby-eyed shadow would have to wait until the creek emptied into a larger (still) body of water, and until then Niklaus followed the liquid scar. He was getting used to being alone and preferred it; he didn’t enjoy being in the company of others. They always asked him where his parents were, why he was alone, blah blah blah. He didn’t want to talk about it – in fact, he didn’t want to talk at all. He was getting better at running away from strangers, though…
i want some more
53 Posts
Ooc — ebony

claudia

i'll put you in your coffin

/////////////////////////////////////////////

They had traveled too long, and Claudia was secretly glad when her crimson-hued guardian suggested in a gentle voice that they rest. "I shall find us a little grotto," the golden child chimed mockingly, before setting her small snout to the ground and tripping off in a meandering pace. Madeline followed not far behind, allowing her tiny charge a respectable amount of distance, but not so much that she could not dash in to rescue the girl if danger threatened.

It was a creek by which they searched; Claudia did not know the name for it, so pretended it was a field of ice, and crossing it would result in certain death. Despite her adult-like proclivities, the gilded bairn was by turns also resplendent with immaturity, as surely Madeline could attest to well. Ma petite, the redfurred woman called, halting in her path. I will find us something to eat. She did not instruct Claudia against straying, nor did she attempt to subdue the child to her whims; such was their bond, with the smaller of the two the more dominant. It was only natural, given Madeline's beginnings.

And so she pressed on, breaking into a camber that carried her quite swiftly alongside Ice Canyon. Humming to herself, Claudia would have not spotted the boy up ahead, had not the thump of deer's hoof sounded nearby, drawing her out of selfish reverie. It was a buck, and he leapt, landing in the shallows before pressing forward with speed, nares flaring at the scent of wolves, even young ones.

She saw him then, a youngling shadow, and lengthened her short stride until she had drawn near. "You!" Claudia called to the dim ghost of a child, blindly assuming he would hear her, and want to speak. "Where are you going?"

aoves
3 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Ah, shadow-posted by Ebony D:

A quiet sort of confidence filled the boy as he lurked through the grasses of the valley. How many weeks had it been now since he had left his home? Months, even? It wasn't important. What mattered, really, was that he had survived this long on his own - he did not need his family anymore. Sure, he had been in maybe a few too many scuffles over food or for accidentally wandering into the wrong territory but, as the days wore on, he became more adept at avoiding others - sometimes even managing to slink by unnoticed. However, that had been through no-man's land, navigating an area teeming with packs would be a different story.

For the time being, though, Noah was content to prowl through this vale before the towering mountains, regaining his strength before making his way deeper into this new territory. It was a curious place, too, as he had become so used to the thick forests of his former home. Here, he could see so much, even those a great ways away from himself.

Pausing in his idle wander as the boy reached the crest of a small hill, his silver eyes suddenly focused on a strange black mark against the surrounding greens and yellows of the area, quite a distance away. It appeared to be following the stream that cut through the territory, the same one Noah had been following days before. It was wise, he had found, to follow a river as it provided a constant reassurance that one would always have water. A second figure caught his attention then, smaller and with pale fur. They suddenly seemed to notice the darker stranger and picked up their pace to catch them, however Noah was still too far off to hear their words. Ears flicking forward in curiosity, he slowly made his way down the hill, wondering if he should approach or simply just watch them. If he stayed hidden, they wouldn't mind, right?
<div style="font-family:'Georgia'; font-size:12px; text-shadow:#e90000 0 0 5px; color:#000000">there's a hole in my soul<br>
<i>i can't fill it, i can't fill it</i></div>
10 Posts
Ooc — Arla
puppy party! :D
Ruby eyes darted frantically as he pushed forward, following the creek that cut through the land with the mountains far behind him. Perhaps one day he would overcome his stupid, childish fear but for now the little shadow was content with avoiding the large hunks of rock. He was curious as to what lay on the other side, but he did not dare venture over them. Mountains only led to misery and painful memories that were often difficult to suppress — the memory of his former life was faint, but whenever he neared the mountains they would resurface with a vengeance.

With the chilled breeze drifting through the land it was apparent that fall was arriving quickly — the one thing that frightened the little shadow was the pending winter. He knew he was capable of surviving in the summer, when food wasn't scare, but how would he fair once heavy rain and snow came? Giving his head a quick shake the youth quickly abandoned the thought; he would come up with a solution when the time called for one, but for now Niklaus did not need the extra stress plaguing his mind.

It was the voice of another that fully broke him away from his thoughts, blood red eyes frantically searching for the wolf it belonged to. There were several scents that suddenly surrounded him, and the boy mentally cursed at himself for being so neglectful to his surroundings. Clinging to the coat of the small girl that had shouted at him was the scent of another, much older female — there was also the faint scent of a young wolf lingering nearby, but Niklaus could not locate where it was coming from. The other boy was hiding, something that the white-toed youth wished he was doing.

Frowning the boy ignored the girl's question, his bloody eyes meeting hers for a moment before he turned and continued walking. It was none of her business what he was doing so he did not have to give her an answer. Plus, he wasn't really the "chatty type" anyway.
i want some more
53 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<33 you guize

claudia

i'll put you in your coffin

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Not in the least put out by being appraised and then ignored, Claudia trotted until her step matched his own. She kept a fair amount of distance between them, however, lest the boy turn snappish. And she did not speak, for though she wanted to babble like a brook, she also longed for companions her own age. Madeline had been given to Claudia by some unnatural form of birth, but she was also older, with a woman's mind and a fledgling's heart. Claudia had long since stopped envying the woman her lot.

She, too, scented the other wean, and her small ears cupped atop her head. "Come out, come out, if you are there," she called into the cooling air, softly, as not to disturb her unwilling partner. As the last sing-song echoes of her little call died away, Claudia glanced at the boy.

He was like her; both child and adult, for he would not have been alone and moving with such purpose had he been a little fool. And yet he appeared too young for this cruel world, and some deep part of her wished to protect him from it. Overwhelmed suddenly, Claudia halted, watching the dark bairn and longing that she could be like him for one fleeting moment.

aoves