Entering the Plains {IC Joining Thread}
Yesterday was History, Tommorow is a mystery, but today is a gift <I> that is why they call it the present!</I><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" width="200" height="20">
<param name="movie" value="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="mp3=http%3A//k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0diotefop9/The_Noisy_Freaks_-_French_Club_Tasty_Release_.mp3&bgcolor=ffffff&loadingcolor=CEF6F5&buttoncolor=A9F5F2&slidercolor=A9F5F2" />
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
@Shadow Oh, and sorry for the short post, Its been some time since I was on here, and I really am not good at first posts XD

Silvermane slowly stepped into the padded field of wildflowers, his paw crushed the petals of the undering plant, and sniffed the brisk, pungent smell of the Autumn air. Yet, he also smells the thick scent of wolves. His back, flaring with pain from the most recent quarrel, was starting to make Silvermane sick and nauseous from the sharp pain. He looked over his hunched shoulder, the flesh was still ripped, and it wasnt seeming to get better... He howled a long, yet very cracked howl across the land, hoping some wolf would come, and as he did this, a striking pain came across his large, silver neck, and he slumped forward.

He quickly looked around, sighing, he was not going to get very far in this condition, as much as he didnt want to be in a pack, he had to, or he would surely just die alone. He felt deheartenend to not be in his most healthiest state, he surely wouldnt be able to be much use to the pack half-dead, but even for the dark and dried blood splattered across his glistening silver mane, he would find a reason for them to accept him, or he would surely perish
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
A howl, long and cracked woke him from his thoughts. A trespasser, intruder, a recruit? It sounded urgent though, so instead of usually waiting for the aspiring wardens to answer the call, he trotted towards the source, soon arriving at the scene where a silver white was severely injured, slumping forward. A look of distaste covered his eyes for a brief moment before they turned harsh and cold as usual as he approached. If this wolf was seeking help here, he had came to the wrong place, everyone here had to do their part. But he was not merciless and he knew this wolf needed help, so contradicting himself, he moved forward until there was only a small distance between them.

Analyzing him silently, he seemed strong despite the wounds, probably would not live if his wound wasn't treated. "Who are you?" he said in a soft tone and a slight tilt of his head as he gazed at the injured male. Eyes cold and unfeeling as he waited for an answer. He would not call for Paarthurnax until he knew this man's intentions. The sterling Praetor did not wish to invite a useless lump into his ranks.
Yesterday was History, Tommorow is a mystery, but today is a gift <I> that is why they call it the present!</I><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" width="200" height="20">
<param name="movie" value="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="mp3=http%3A//k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0diotefop9/The_Noisy_Freaks_-_French_Club_Tasty_Release_.mp3&bgcolor=ffffff&loadingcolor=CEF6F5&buttoncolor=A9F5F2&slidercolor=A9F5F2" />
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Silvermane looked towards the wolf approaching him, and stared down his eyes, before politely looking away, Silvermane did not want to have conflict just because of eye contact, and he knew how some wolves might react, but even if he did not know this wolf's particular status, he still reacted respectful.

Silvermane bowed down, even if it caused him to flinch. He must have sprained a rib throughout the accident before, and it was not feeling much better. His lips tasted bitter and pungent, the taste of blood. Yet at the hint of who he was, he blinked, clueless for a second. "You are asking for my Name.. Yes?" he barked with his deep voice, Of course hes asking for your name, Idiot said the voice in his head, Baraaskar. But he shook it away, no need for looking crazy infront of this wolf. The way the wolf gazed him down made him think that he might be an Alpha, or atleast someone of high rank...

"I..." he began "I am Silvermane." he spoke again with more confidence, his voice abit more powerful. He sat back up on his hind legs, and looked back at the wolf "And you are..?", he asked, his voice pointing slightly. "Are you of the surrounding pack?" He asked, trying not to be rude, but still wondering..
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
I don't fight without reason, I don't want war without end
Well at least this injured male was respectful. Usually normal weaklings (non-romans) would whine and beg for help but this one, this one was smart and clever and may earn him a ticket to Noctisardor Bypass and healing today. He watched as the silver white male bow then, keen platinum eyes noticing him flinching as he did so. It must've hurt to do that, but truthfully, he didn't really care for he had been in worse pain than this wolf had been in. The only difference was, there was a glowering older male towering over him and healers ready to tend to him any moment when the wolf ordered them to. "You are asking for my Name.. Yes?" barked the male. He did not speak for it seemed obvious enough. The arctic creature had passed the first test, the test to see if the recruit was stupid. Stupidity was not tolerated in Noctisardor Bypass and it was most certainly not tolerated in any single Roman pack you would encounter.

Then the wolf made a bold move and looked at him. Immediately his ears flattened against his skull and he drew his lips back, a start of a snarl. Eyes glowed bright and harsh, demanding the injured one to show respect again. Tail rising ever so slightly into the air. "Yes, I am the Praetor of this pack. Noctisardor Bypass." he said, canting his head in a birdlike manner. "Silvermane." he paused, the words rolling off his tongue in an elegant manner. "Most have a purpose when they lie at my borders and I am sure you have one too, though it is quite obvious. You seek to join my pack, yes?"

His expression remained cold and unforgiving though the faintest trace of a smirk crossed his silver features. "You may scram now, if you are not, before you find the remaining sliver of your life torn from your body." he said with a kind of abnormal calmness, as if he was talking about what to eat for today. To him, he would mostly be doing Silvermane a favor by killing him if his purpose was not to join his pack. A lot less pain and a lot less trouble, though afterlife for him might not be good. For being slayed in battle while half dying would probably only get you to the Fields and he himself, planned to get to Elysium.

</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
I think you might have misunderstood what I wrote, or not.. but just to say, In the sentence: "The way the wolf gazed him down made him think he was an Alpha.." I was talking about how Shadow was watching him coldly.. Anyway, that might not be the reason.. I get really confused XD Oh and how do you make the Table?? o_o
Silvermane was lightly startled by the abrupt half-snarl by the wolf, and his seemlingly sudden change in character. Silvermane held back with all his force to growl back, and simply bowed once again down, and asked lightly for forgiveness. He did NOT want to get on the bad side of this particular wolf... The wolf was very Yet, as he heard the word "Praetor" a spark hit in his brain. Is that Latin? he wondered, in his deceased birth pack, his mother had taught him very little of it, but he didnt remember much... Praetor... but he still couldnt get it into his head, he shook it off. The apparent "Praetor" of the pack, asked him if he was here to join the pack, and Silvermane spoke honestly "I have not intended to arrive here, and come to this pack, as my true intention was to cross around this place... But as I was cast offstray of my route by a... little accident" he lightly pointed with his muzzle towards the broken body he was in, his shoulder still showing the gash of the wound, He once again had to slump his pose again, as he was stricken with pain, dried pus formed in his scars and slashes, as they hadnt been treated for days.

"Anyway" he began again, his legs aching from his long travel, he leaned abit more back to ease the discomfort "And for several days, I had to bear these pains, But as I couldnt carry on much longer, I decided it was best to come here, and if must, stay." he spoke again...

Silvermane was hoping much more than before that the wolf (which he still did not know the name of) would accept him, but didnt know if he would.. So he quickly suggested something stupid, probably dooming his chances, but it just slipped out of his mind. "If I was stronger, I would show you my strength..." He said it not in a mean way, hoping that the wolf himself wouldnt fight, but instead would send some other wolf to spar.. But he was too weak to fight now, and he knew that, so he would just have to wait to be killed..
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
Eh, I was talking about the 'He sat back up on his hind legs, and looked back at the wolf' part. Forgive me if I assumed wrong xD. As for the table, I found the picture then coded it into a table lol.

He watched with harsh eyes as the injured male bowed his head and seemingly asked for forgiveness, he did not speak instead listened as Silvermane spoke and said he did not intend to arrive here at the Bypass, that he actually meant to go around this place but something cast him off his route, apparently because of the 'little accident' that was currently killing him. He resisted the urge to chuckle softly at those words, indeed that was a little accident for himself but for Silvermane and other wolves, this was a huge accident, one that could and would potentially harm his life. Then the snowy male said he that he couldn't go on much longer, deciding it was best to come here and if he must, to stay. Now that was even more amusing than the first few words he spoke, if must. Did this wolf think they offer free shelter to those who were stupidly injured in the wilds? No, everything came with payment and hard work and if this wolf was looking for a free sanctuary, he was not going to find it here. "If I was stronger, I would show you my strength..." said the wolf and a soft, low chuckle holding a dangerous and chilly edge to it slipped from between his lips.

"I don't think you're suggesting we fight, are you? I don't have a problem with that, but you on the other hand...." he paused and canted his head in an almost birdlike manner, regarding the injured male with emotionless eyes and a small smirk on his lips. "I do not run a charity and I do not give away free sanctuary for wolves that stupidly injure themselves in the wilds. Everything comes with payment and if you wish to stay here and rest, receive medical treatment, then you must pay us back. Hard work, loyalty, pledging allegiance, protect the border and you probably know the rest." his world was a cruel one, brutal sometimes but it was his way. Already slightly nicer than the method his father would have used, to simply sink his fangs into the vein on the wolf's neck and end its life, sending it to Pluto's realm.

</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Oooh, Ok, I get it now.. Nope, you got it right XD and, uh, How do you.. code a table? You dont have to tell me if its too annoying to write it all down... Plus, spoiler alerts, Silvermane is kindof... high rightnow.. so thats why hes acting abit slow when asked..

His eyes quickly sparked at the sound of the wolf's deep laugh, and Silvermane smirked lightly, with his head still looking towards the ground, he listened intently to the male and his voice. His mind was foggy, and He knew the same statement from other packs, never very giving, are they? he thought as he heard the words 'Hard Work, Loyalty, and Pledging Allegiance' But he still kept quiet, until the final words left the Wolf's mouth. "Of course, I wouldnt expect that I would be given these benefits for free" He said again, his body still bowing down, as the aching across his spine and ribs just burned once more, and one thought just flushed into his head.. He shook it aside, He will be loyal, atleast until the day that he will have to leave. "I swear, I will labor and fight until I either earn your trust, or break trying., he said, and meant it, Silvermane's ears were laid back and his tail was still swishing, but very low, and his eyes were sad, but he moved his body so that he was trying to make himself smaller than the 'Praetor' of the Pack but still seem large despite his surroundings.

Silvermane himself was very large, usually only used his hulking mass to beat in a fight, and never was very fond of stealth. His long mane always stood out through any weather, yet the fog and blood dimmed it out. He would certainly not be able to show the wolf his full strength today, but one day, he might be able to show he was not a dying giant, but that he could be of use "I promise you, Im not always half dead..." he pointed out, his left rib swelling. Silvermane was naturally an aggressive person, but since his arrival in teekon wilds, he found other ways to get rid of the anger, one of them, being medicinal highs, which was one of the reasons he was still alive right now, why he was not as keen as he usually was, and why his body was not in as much pain as it should be. His tongue started to get heavier, he shouldnt have taken the poppy seeds before arriving, but he still managed to stay bright. "f you intend to kill me.. do so now" he said, "Id rather die half-stoned than by slowly bleeding to death out here" he continued, but his blood grew more stronger to the intoxicants. He was not as high as he couldve been

827 Posts
Ooc — Will
"Of course, I wouldnt expect that I would be given these benefits for free," said Silvermane, still crouching down. Harsh eyes looked upon the silver white male as he swore to labor and fight until he earned the Praetor's trust. He resisted the urge to smirk, instead kept his emotionless look up. "Not much earn my trust or respect, Silvermane and I do not care if you do. I expect you to serve and think about the well-being of the whole pack before your own and to pledge your allegiance to me and this pack. I do not tolerate slackers here and any who I find will be kicked out, I have the same expectation for every wolf in this pack and I expect nothing less of you, when you recover." he did not add that that would only happen if Silvermane pledged his alliegance to Noctisardor Bypass. Because from that moment on, he was bound by words and blood to the Bypass, bound to the world of Rome. The wolf promised he wasn't half death all the time, which made the sterling outrider's eyes flash with amusement. The next words though, something about if he intended to kill Silvermane, to do it now, that he would rather die half-stoned than bleed to death.

"I have no intention of killing you unless you wish for me to do so for you are not in my territory although you are close and you are injured. There is no honor in killing an injured wolf, no dignity." he said in a soft voice, though edged with ice. He was a Roman, yes, and merciless at times but he still wished to descend to the underworld, to Elysium when he died. To be with the heroes and to feast with the gods, to be in paradise. He did not wish to be drifting forever in the fields of Asphodel, it was as boring as hell and the scarred male most certainly did not want to stay in that hell hole forever, but no doubt the fields were better than Tartarus. Only evil wolves would end up there, wolves without honor, pride or dignity, cruel and injustice, those that the gods damned and Pluto was disgusted out. The founder of the Angelus Mortis bloodline was a brilliant god when it came to thinking of the most torturous ways you could spend your eternity doing. And so Shadow always tried his best to be as fair, honorable, Roman-like as he could be.
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away

Silvermane was very cautious of the wolf's words, he knew what some wolves did to him, trick him, and he listened to him slowly, Silvermane was also aware that his very bad health would prevent him from doing anywork for the next few days, and that he would have time to think of how he would be a part of this place, until he could set off again. "The Pledge, what will happen to me if I break it? This is no river styx we are speaking of.. no? " he said. Silvermane didnt believe in gods or oaths, but he was agnostic, and he would not want to test his luck. His mother, a wolf from Italy, taught him some of the roman's beliefs, and how some were killed because they did not believe in the Roman Gods.

Silvermane shrugged as the 'Praetor' spoke of Silvermane's life, holding back the pain in his shoulders, he tried to play it off casually, but still formal underneath the wolf's supervision. "There is a difference between a regular injured wolf and me, your not going to hell because of my death.. Or what do you call it in Latin?.." he spoke, trying to remember Wait, Now I remember, Hados... no... Hades! Yeah, Hades! he barked happily, but quickly regained his mature form, he stood back up on his all fours, and asked politely Do not mind what I said earlier, when will I have to pledge? he said more offically, trying to sound less slacked than he really was. " I really would not like to wait longer... the bleeding feels to be more painful than before.." hoping that the 'Praetor' would soon get a healer to treat him.. and so that Silvermane could get a view of their supplies. He was hoping to see if they had stocked up on either Morning Glory seeds, if he was lucky maybe some Nutmeg, but most of all he was hoping they had Nightshade, this would be useful, but he wouldnt have to think about that now..

827 Posts
Ooc — Will
"The Pledge, what will happen to me if I break it? This is no river styx we are speaking of.. no?" a grim, amused smile spread across the Roman's face. "The gods will curse you, the styx with burn you and Pluto will make sure your afterlife is in Tartarus." he said simply with a brief cant of his head. If Silvermane was to choose to become a wolf of the Bypass, he better finish his pledge quickly so they could get him to Paar and basically made sure he healed and got better. There was no place for useless slacking injured wolves in his pack. To the Roman, the silver white wolf seemed a bit crazy, nutty, but he seemed strong, fit and a good fighter too and Hadrian wasn't one to turn those away. Usually the grayscale male would have to test their skills but he didn't want to damage Silvermane too much and accidentally kill him so he supposed he would have to make an exception for this white male. Then Silvermane asked what he need to pledge and after a moment, added that he wouldn't like to wait any longer, that the bleeding felt more painful than before. Now usually most wolves would sympathize and help immediately but he wasn't 'most' wolves, he was a Roman and he did not care if the bleeding hurt for he had been through worst before.

"You will wait here as long as I tell you to wait here, I do not care if you are injured and bleeding to death. I will lead you to our infirmary when you are done pledging and not sooner, do you understand?" he said in a voice that invited no argument. "You need to pledge your allegiance to me, swear on the rivers of the underworld and the gods of Olympus that you will remain loyal to me and this pack, Noctisardor Bypass. That you will put your pack's wellbeing before yourself and that you will sacrifice your life to save a fellow packmate. To not be swayed to other's cause and never to betray us." a crooked smile spread across his lips as a faint glint emerged into his silver eyes. "Or you could just wait for the boat to the underworld here." he concluded and waited for the other wolf's decision.
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Sorry for the short post

Wow, Romans are assholes he thought jokingly to himself as he heard the extremely harsh conditions that the wolf was speaking, burning in a river and cursed by a planet... They where wierd... and Silvermane was not used to the wierd. Do I have to make the Pledge now? he thought, thinking to himself what to do. The 'Praetor' did say that as soon as he has pledged he could be treated, and that was probably the only thing that he was looking forward to . "I pledge your allegiance to you, I swear on the rivers of the underworld and the gods of Olympus that I will remain loyal to you and this pack, Nock-tie-si-dor Bypass. That I will my pack's wellbeing before myself and that I will sacrifice my life to save a fellow packmate if he would do the same for us. And that I will not be swayed to other's cause and never to betray you, he said, before quietly adding [size=xx-small] until the end of the winter, where I shall leave [/size] In a hushed tone, bearly audible, but still part of the pledge.

Silvermane darted his eyes at the wolfs body, not directly at his eyes, and for a fraction of a second despised him, before once again remembering that he was going to have to think ordinarly, the time that he could despise all of them would be once he got back home, and slaughtered every wolf in this stupid valley. But now was no time for hatred, now was for rejoice. He was going to get into this pack, and he was going to get help... for now.