Midnight Tango
Ah, the blood of deceit is a nourishing flow....
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
@Slade So overdue. ; w ; Set before the thread with Keith/Moon Bane

It was that dreaded time again. Her hormones and pheromones changed, producing a lusty scent for those around her and making her very, very, receptive to males. She was in heat. And this time, she did not want that happening.

She was old, not old enough to where her bones creaked and she could not remember anything that happened yesterday, but old enough to know that this very well might be her last time in this cycle. And somehow, it was stronger than ever. She did not have the herbs to counter-act the cycle; she was focused more on healing herbs than anything like that. So she was forced to hide it as best as she could.

The priestess attempted to mask her scent by rolling in damp leaves and mud, but she had a feeling one of her males would find her eventually.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: im sorry I took so long, I was watering the horses for the night. :P Forgive me, youre fine.

The dark sir had been traipsing the lands, not only in search of the beautiful hellion who allowed him in her pack, but captivated him with her beauty. The woman was astonishing. Not only with her youthful look, but the strength of an older and wiser time within her voice, held her to his core.
Slade would find her.

Surpriseingly, through the shadowed depths of the comfortably haunting woods, he had been marking his scent, adding his beeing to the collective of lupines who roamed the trees, with BlackFeather as their home too.
It was then that he came upon a scent he had not had grace his nares, for years.
A female. In heat.

The only female he had met so far in the pack, and the wafting smell held tints of her within its tantalizing waves.

Slade silently followed the instinctual beckon until he heard the sounds of earth upon earth, a shuffling like noise.
He had found her.
And there she lay, in the dirt and twigs that had gilded her ebony form.

Slade lowered his head, reigning in his growing lust, and using tremendous willpower to be a civil man. With a deep tone, only lightly laced with the gravel that threatened to drench into his words.

"Hello, Night Queen."
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Excuse my lateness. Marching Band is taking up a lot of my schedule. ; n ;

She started slightly at the sound of a wolf approaching, flattening as if she was a recently born fawn. Upon seeing who the wolf was, she straightened herself, giving herself an air of dignity despite her dirtied coat and musty scent. She could hear the tinge of lust in Slade's voice already. "Greetings Slade."

Her tail flicked gently, trying to mask the pheromones that slipped from her body. "How are you doing?" She tried to steer the conversation away from her natural cycle.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: No need to apologise. You didnt miss anything. :P
Also, can you add an afterthought to Slades joining Thread? One more post is needed, for it to be archived.

By the way her body language was read, the dark beast was interpreting it to be that the onyx queen was trying to hide something, and that something was most likely her scent. Her tail swishing only wafted the alluring and pungent odor around, a passing volley between both oobsidian lupines.

"Fear not, Lady Meldresi, I will not do what the stereotypical youth does. I have control over my own self. "

The ebony man chuckled, his sly attempt of trying to clear more gruff from his voice, and so far, succeeding.
With volcanic eyes upon her dainty face, he answered his queen's question.

"I am well. I have patrolled, and refilled two thirds of the caches, so far. Yet, I am more concerned for you. How do you fair, Midnight Mistress? "
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha

The Midnight Mistress, as Slade dubbed her, breathed an inward sigh of relief. At least she did not have to deal with all of the men in her pack crowding her, trying to prove he was worthy enough to be her lover for a night or two. She already had Bane, and he was enough.

"Have you ventured beyond pack borders yet?" She as curious to know how Ouroboros was doing, if they had disbanded and gone their seperate ways. Or if another pack had formed near them...

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"I have, " the onyx brute rumbled.
"I came in contact with no one of significance, besides a couple of females. One who was in the making of a pack, and another who was in search of one. "

Fiery orbs fell upon the lavender and saphiric gems of the Alphess's, and in a mildly softer tone, his baritones swayed to her.

"Are you well? Is there anything you require? "

Slade had already filled the caches the several he came across in his travels over the dark lands, so he was pretty much free to go get food for the obsidian queen.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
One who was in the making of a pack, and another who was in search of one... She repeated in her head. "Do you know what pack this female was from? And was the loner interested in joining Blackfeather?" The priestess reminded herself to inform her packmates to question wolves they found. Loner or pack wolf? What pack? Are you interested in joining ours? It would all benefit them in the end, especially if they knew where their enemies lied.

"I require nothing else but to be confident that we will survive the winter." she said, firmly. "And to have the other males of the pack leave me alone, unless it is something not concerning my cycle."
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: I have finally returned, please don't hate me. ♡
We can end if you want, if not, be my guest. W_^V

Again the onyxia spoke, her soft yet authorized vocals having the air.

Slade's response came within seconds after the last word left her maw.

"Both femmes. One by the name of Raissa, and the other by Finley. "

Slade took a quick second for the names to sink in the drowning silence between the two dark lupines.
Then, his report continued.

"Raissa was the loner, a russet, a snarky yearling. Sharp tongued, but coy, all the same. I feel manners appear randomly, with the loner.

Finley is a smaller, but slightly older femalia. Ashen pelted. She is covered in scents of other wolves, so she does not roam alone, if at all. She speaks of a pack in birth far from here, andI did a bit of spooking to the girl, giving her a few lies of my half brother to spook her on her way home. "

Grinning at his sins, the obsidian man kept the smile on his face for only a minute, before he slaughtered it.

"As for your worry on this winter, I have nearly filled every cache I have come across, and it seems prey may still be in abundance in these lands, Night Queen. "
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
It's alright! We could continue this for a while, I'm fine with Slade and Mel talking about BFW's business for a while. :P

She did not recognize the names, nor the descriptions, but the thought of another pack close by worried her. Sure Slade reassured her that, despite the gloomy and sepulchral nature of the woods, prey was abundant, and the caches were full. She wondered if any scavengers, foxes and coyotes, roamed the woods. That would certainly be a problem, especially with winter approaching.

"Have you hunted in the swamps yet? There is potential for a few more caches there, at least in the firm ground." She had been to the swamps once or twice, by the tunnel systems that twisted underneath the forest. It was a normal swamp; fetid, sticky, but it exploded with life. They could feed off a few frogs or swamp birds if need be.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆Gonna throw some type of something in there to make it seem like I know what in bloody America im talking about. Letting Slade take this.◆

The shimmer of barely traceable light refracted off of the snow Slade seemingly had permanent on his dark hide.

"I have been watching a soul venture to the swamp : The Pale One, and,..."
that familiar and deviously sly smirk yet again found its home atop his lips.
"His body language unhappy with the aspect. If i can catch up to the artic boy, we can schedule a hunt to take place soon, for the smaller game you desire, Mistress. I, will return to the swamp to find any game, alone, yet I do hope a come across something a bit more appetizing than the slimy reptilians. "

Slade kept his eyes on the ethereal and shadow sculpted one of his Queen. He knew the Alphess had high hopes for the future, and he did not want to see the pack he had come to have a soft bit of respect for, succumb to eating filthy and peasant foods, like that of swamp urchins. But her words were law, and her tenets would be the ones he'd follow. If that was the foods she wanted the pack to eat,
So be it.

"Have you anything else you wish to be completed, Night Queen? "
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"I only wish to use swamp food as a last result in winter." She murmured, recalling the sickening taste prey from bogs and marshes left on her tongue from her previous experiences. At least this marsh was not hot and sticky, at least not in winter. "Besides patrolling the borders, hunting, and recruiting anyone wanting to join, not much else for now." She had plans for the pack later, but they were too small and with rapid fluctuations in their numbers for her to put into motion what she had in mind for them.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"Understood. "

Slade acknowledged her subtle yet apparent command with a curt nod.
Internally, he was thoroughly pleased and appreciative of not having to eat sickeningly poor foods.
It brought to mind another question that had been venturing in his mental paths a bit longer than desired.

"What is the Artic boy's name, Mistress? "

Ever since the day he met the kid, Slade had been perturbed by the being.
And thirsted to know as much as he could for the plan that he wished to commence.

As he awaited her lyrical words again, he wondered what part of the territory he would take to patrol, which caches needed more fillings, and other places that were destined to be filled more with prey.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
This seems like a good place to end, right? :P

Meldresi chuckled softly. Of course he wouldn't bother to give up his name; he was probably too focused on hunting or fighting something. "His full name is Moon Bane, but he often goes by Bane. He is very informal that way." She thought of her little "project" fondly. The priestess shifted again, sighing softly. "You'd might as well continue on with your duties, Slade."
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆in truth, I forgot this thread existed. Hehe, good goin, Alisha. W_^V Yea, final post.◆

The words slithered through the air, and the obsidian man clung to every word the onyxia spoke.
He gathered the name, and placed it in the very memory box that could give him a heads up on this Moon Bane.
Moon Bane.
The Pale One.

"As you wish, Dark Mistress. "

Regally, the king arched his neck, the midnight shards that created the mane he bore so proudly, and presented her with a gentlemanly bow, before returning to the shadows to look for the prodigy, Moon Bane.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The priestess watched as her subordinate walked away, disappearing into the dark forest, blending in superbly. Meldresi put her head down on her paws and sighed. For the past few weeks, there have been only two constants in Blackfeather; Slade and Moon Bane. She respected their loyalty, but three wolves did not a pack make. They would have to try harder to form the Dark Brotherhood she had been hoping for, or at least try to survive the winter...