Broken Boulder fortune, fortune, smiling fate
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
All Welcome 
Three full moons, at a brisk pace. That's how far his weary feet had drifted along, taking him anywhere but home. 

Even after all that travelling his mind did not rest, was not at ease. The canid still had not found what he was yearning for, whatever that was. Do I even know? Lost deep in his thoughts he roamed. The trees grew thicker, and then thinner, before all of a sudden they became sparse and the ground opened up before him into a rocky plains and he could see the vast land spilling out like the sky itself. His heart hammered, filled with a need he had never experienced in the past. New adventures awaited him, this would be his home. His future. 

In the middle of this clearing laid a huge rock, split in two by what Sakina believed could only be some strange massive beast. He was young still, his mind struggled to break it's puppy vices and come up with plausible situations. The boy had a lot to learn, quickly, lest he learned those essential lessons the hard way. 

Trotting on until he was beside the great rock, he squatted to mark the area by scent. The coydog could feel a stiff breeze coming from somewhere beneath the fallen landmark, he wanted to be able to find his way back and explore further. For now, the boy ventured on until the sound of a bubbling creek diverted his attention. It was only then Sakina realised how thirsty he was, leaning down to lap at the cool waters as he once again was lost in thought, oblivious to his surroundings. 

64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Zahir enjoyed travelling, almost as much as she enjoyed hunting. She was ever on the move, blood red eyes scanning the horizon as she went. One scent caught her attention — something very fresh. Zahir's eyes narrowed, and she changed direction, heading for the scent.

It brought her to a massive, broken boulder. She could see fresh marks on it. Scenting it, she realized it was a coyote — or at least, part coyote. She licked her lips as they drew back over teeth, and she marked over the coyote, feeling smug.

Zahir tracked the coyote to a nearby stream. Her tail lifted as she stared it down.
Physical Health (100/100)

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
The air was filled with scents, so many that if Sakina paid attention to them all he'd likely go insane. A particular smell filled his nose, almost choking him as he lifted his head, ears craned forward towards the musk. There, picking its way towards him was a wolf of moonlight, eyes red as fresh blood. 

Instead of running away as many a coyote would when faced with a superior predator, the boy stared her down with a confident gaze. Inside his heart pounded, drowning out all sound for a brief moment. The she-wolf, as her scent told him so, stared him down with tail raised high. He did not budge. 

Back on the farm Sakina had encountered many foes bigger than him, being as small as he was it was rather impossible for him not too. His mother had loved many men, each crueller than the last. One, a massive black-and-tan thing with cropped ears and a vicious smile would take Sakina by the scruff and shake him until a human came running, stick in hand to break up the fight. The coydog had learned something very important from those interactions. If they knew you were afraid, they'd already won. 

For a long time there was silence, every muscle in Sakina's body tense. If the right motivation was behind him, snapping at his tail, he was able to run as fast as a whippet on a good day. Today was not a good day.

"If you have pups nearby I shall leave." Finally, words were spoken. The boy understood, mostly through scent, that it was breeding season. Many she-wolves would be aggressive to outsiders, and although Sakina was too young to feel the flame that engulfed older females he had started to feel a twinge of craving deep inside his core. In another year or so, he would be cursing his mistake of a body, but until then he could enjoy being a juvenile, he could learn. 
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
The coyote did not flee, but instead it watched her as she watched it. There was silence for several long moments, but Zahir did not break it. Instead, she moved slowly forward, to see what it might do. Then, it spoke.

Children. Zahir laughed, a low rough sound. "I have none." Another step forward. "Who — and what — are you?"

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
The she-wolf approached him, as she did so his head dipped low, hackles raised. Although no words of warning left his lips, and no teeth were bared, anybody with half a brain could see he did not appreciate her invading his space.

The coydog stepped back, but she only pressed forward further. This time, he snapped at the air in front of him, giving the chilling scream-bark that coyotes were known for as he backed up. Sakina much preferred there be distance between them. 

Still, she seemed non-threatening enough, and his bark had only been a warning. There was no need for him to be impolite, mother had taught the boy better than that. "I do not know. Dog, partly. The others of my fathers kind is often shot by the thunder-hand. I am named Sakina." Still watching her carefully, he dipped his head in a greeting. "You are moonlight wolf with the blood eyes. I do not need to know more than that." 
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
At her approach, the coyote's hackles raised, and as she pressed further, he gave a shrill bark that she snapped at, ears angling back. Still, she had succeeded in riling it; Zahir stepped back, to examine the coyote.

Dog. The word was foreign to her, as were many others in the coyote-dog's sentence. Its last words were of respect, and Zahir couldn't help but smirk softly. "I will tell you that I am a hunter." She found the coyote-dog intriguing, for a reason she didn't yet understand.

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
At last the she-wolf allowed him the space he craved. Sakina gave a shake of his coat to release any tension he held. 

A hunter. "Perhaps you may leave flesh on the kill for me, moonsister." For someone so young he had a very odd way of speaking, as if he were constantly in a daze. "I fear I am doomed to eat fish and birds for the rest of my life." There was an expression that passed his features that could only be described as annoyance. 
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Hope it's okay for Zahir to misgender Sakina based on scent!

Zahir eyed Sakina as she spoke, and she loosed a low chuckle at mention of fish and fowl. "The former are fine every so often, the latter too feathery." And hard to deal with. Zahir preferred small game, only because she travelled alone. She looked to the coyote-dog. She offered, "How does a hare sound?" Perhaps she could find the creature dinner, as reparations for toying with her.

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Suspicion. Why would a fine creature such as blood-gaze want to hunt for his benefit? She could easily catch a hare and eat it for herself, or save her energy for when she needed it. Instead she chose to be kind to a competitor she had only just met.

Still, his stomach ached, and perhaps she may answer some of his questions. "I am very good at going down rabbit holes, if they are big enough to be dug out." He admitted. At least his tiny size was useful for something. 
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Zahir smiled, a rare thing for her. "Maybe we find a warren," she said. That way, there would be food enough for both parties. Zahir did not normally think much of others, let alone hunt for them, but she was in a good mood. The coyote-dog had spunk that Zahir liked.

Zahir gestured for them to follow, and she set her nose to the ground, searching for hare or rabbit scents. They were all likely in the warrens by now, so they would be easy to find and dispatch.

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
A smile looked good on the women's face. She was a pretty thing, he realised. If only he hadn't be cursed with a body that was not his, perhaps they could have even been mates.

What?

He had never even considered such a thing in his life, let alone with a complete stranger. How odd. Still, he found himself admiring her athletic form, the muscles straining beneath her skin as she walked.

Sakina found himself following her obediently, as if in a trance. The coydog looked closer, admiring the way her fur shone like pure moonlight. "Does moonsister travel with a mate?" 

Now why did he go and ask a silly question like that. It was not as if Sakina even wanted companionship, or was old enough for it. The boy didn't even have the facilities, truthfully. The thought was painful. He quickly forgot it. 
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Sakina's question made Zahir stop. She turned to face the coyote-dog, a wry smile on her lips. "I have not yet had the pleasure of matehood. Why do you ask?" Zahir was not sure if she even wanted kids, or a family. For now, she was content to roam alone.

Ahead, the scent of hare grew stronger, and Zahir began to look for warrens.

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
She questioned him. Of course she would, the boys query had been quite personal. "I am curious." His response was not exactly a lie.

They grew quiet as the scent of prey grew stronger, Sakina was pleased to follow her lead. He was not a skilled hunter by any means, but the youth had survived thus far, so he could not be too terrible. 
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Curious? Zahir smiled thinly. "Should I find the right man, then perhaps I will take one. For now, I am content to be alone." Then, she looked down to the small female, grinning toothily. "But you are not bad company." She was interesting to Zahir.

Zahir located a warren, and scent told her that several hares were inside. She nodded to Sakina, looking pointedly at the warren. She was ready to chase.

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
"I feel the same, moonsister. I am young yet." Sakina stayed close beside her, if his tail weren't held so high it may have been hard to even see him over the rocky plains.  As she spoke his eyes shifted away from her gaze, an almost pouty expression coming upon his dainty features. 

"Thank you." 

As they came upon the warren, he settled himself onto his stomach, eyeing the holes until he seemed to find a target. "The one on the far left is big enough for me, but try to chase it my way. Yes?"
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Zahir was a woman grown, and she had seen her first season earlier on in the year. Her companion was younger, not quite fully matured yet. Still, they were of a similar age, and Zahir found herself enjoying the coyote-dog.

But now was the time for a hunt. Zahir's eyes narrowed, and she dipped her head in agreement. "My paws will carry me swiftly. We will eat well tonight. Now, dig." The larger female was poised, just behind and over the warren. Once it was dug, and their prey fled, she would be poised to pick at least one off.

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Just as moonsister enjoyed his company, just so did Sakina wish to travel with her in the future. He did not yet know that he was soon to be pledged to the pack of Redsand Canyon, but his wanderlust may never be sated.

The coydog dug fast, nimble paws sending a spray of dirt over his shoulder. Soon his shoulders had wriggled in, and with a great kick of his back paws the rest of his body slid inside like a rabbit itself. 

There was a great squeaking in the warren, before many prey fled from their tunnels and out into the open, into the waiting jaws of Zahir. 

After it was over, the silky red ears of the youth peeked out from the place they had disappeared in, and in his jaws he clasped a single rabbit kit. It's limp body was deposited at moonsisters paws, a wag of Sakina's tail betraying it as a gift.
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Sakina dug, and soon enough there was a squealing from the warren, and they bolted. One was swiftly snatched up and dispatched, Zahir carelessly throwing the body side as she dove after another. Her paws were swift and sure, and her quarry too panicked from being awoken in such a manner. A second hare was killed, and Zahir rounded the two up, returning to Sakina to see a kit being placed at Zahir's paws.

The wolf smiled, and she nudged the two plump hares to Sakina. "You eat these. I will see if I can find another."

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
The tiny weight by the she-wolf's paws seemed awfully small compared to the two adults she had dispatched, a pouty expression filling Sakina's features as he dragged one of them towards him. "No need, we shall share." 

The coydog set to tearing flesh from bone, tail wagging softly as he swallowed his first meal in a few days.
I am not my body, but the soul within. 
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Zahir chuckled quietly, then grabbed the other hare. She set into it at once, devouring all of it, skin, fur, and bones. She was not a wasteful woman, and had spent much time on her own. She'd gotten good at hunting small game.

As she was finishing, another hare came into view. The pale huntress looked to her hunting partner, then snickered before darting off. Another kill was made in mere moments. Zahir returned to Sakina.

"Take this one, I'll take the kit." It would sate her for a short time, but she was not worried. She had a cache in the west, ready and waiting for her return.

She dipped her head. I must go now. Farewell. Taking the kit in her jaws, the pale huntress left.

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.