Redsand Canyon Blood Water
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
All Welcome 
Zahir was chasing some sort of mountain goat through the redsand canyon; it tried and failed to flee up the steep canyon wall, but she was just behind it, snapping at its ankles. It tried to kick out at her, but she was nimble and dodged. It fled again, and she gave chase once more.
Physical Health (100/100)

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
After his run with Tierra, Sybol knew he'd need to work on strengthening his muscles before he'd have any hope of going on a hunt. As he climbs the slopes of the canyon, he catches a blur from the corner of his eye, and another one shortly after. Sybol turns and watches the wolf as it chases a goat. This wolf seemed to know what they were doing. Sybol realized that the snapping at the hind legs seemed to cause the creature to panic, speeding it up and exhausting it's energy, but also making it unpredictable and eratic. He wondered what else he could learn if he kept watching.
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Zahir was, as always, relentless in her chase. She had enough speed and stamina to keep up with just about anything she could hunt, and this goat, while larger than her typical prey, she did not think was going to be a problem.

It had a weak ankle, she had noticed it in one of its first attempts to flee up the canyon. That, and it was an older male, likely past his breeding age, and with a broken horn. Zahir had chosen her prey well, and it would feed at least some of Mereo.

Zahir got a hold of the injured ankle, and she bit down with all her might. There was a loud snapping sound, then a strange grinding as she more or less shattered the beast's ankle. It bellowed in pain, but she just laughed and pressed on, hounding it towards a nearby oasis. Caught up in her hunt, she had no idea she even had company.

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Sybol was chasing after the hunt now, he had to make sure he could see what was going on of course! You're gonna pay for that later! He whined slowing to a trot, listening to his subconscious for once. Then cringed as he heard a bone snap. "That sounds familiar." He muttered to himself, feeling slightly sick to his stomach. As he watched Zahir continue to gnaw on the goat's ankle. He supposed it made sense. Without his own ankle he was pretty disabled. The goat wouldn't get very far and would be pretty slow now, maybe he could even catch up now!
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Zahir was running the beast down. It fled to the oasis as she intended, and she was going to corner it. In the water, it would have nowhere else to go, as it's back was to a sheer cliff that it surely could not climb. Zahir lunged for it's throat and felt the hot, sticky blood begin to stain her pelt crimson. The goat would fall into the oasis, bloodying the water, and Zahir would loose a low howl to celebrate her success. Her skills as a hunter were becoming refined.

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Sybol had finally made it out of the canyon and was nearing an oasis of sorts when he watched the goat flee into a body of water. The white wolf had trapped the goat. There was no way out. He sat as he watched them lunge for the goats throat, quickly ending its life. He was thankful for that at least. The water quickly turned red from the blood running from the goat. Sybol thought it must help to understand the land, chasing the goat into the trap like that was smart, he decided.
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Zahir tore into the kill without hesitation, and she got the choice organs and fatty meats. It was glorious. When she pulled away, her front was blood-stained as well as the entirety of her face, almost up to the tips of her ears. As she was cleaning herself, she saw the male nearby.

Greetings, soldier. Come, there is plenty to eat. She would attempt a smile as she moved away from the kill. I left the liver. Can't stand the taste, a low, raspy chuckle.

Aware that Sybol is a Plebian but Zahir does not ;)

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Oh, um, hi! Sorry I um, didn't mean to stand so close. He rambled like an idiot. She was offering him food, fresh, and was probably about to rescind that offer now. I mean thanks! He tried a quick recovery, hopefully it worked.
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
Zahir blinked. Do not thank me. I am tasked with feeding Mereo. You are of Mereo. She nodded down to the kill. Eat. When he was done, she would take a portion for herself, to dry later. What is your name, soldier?

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Not hesitating a second time, Sybol went up to the goat and tore out a chunk of meat for himself before walking a distance from the corpse to lay down to enjoy his chunk. I'm Sybol, I'm not a soldier though. He said. He hoped his honesty wouldn't cost him. But he couldn't function with dishonesty on his heart and mind.
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
If the man was not a soldier, then he must be a Plebian. Zahir's eyes narrowed slightly, but she would say nothing of it — not everyone could hunt or fight. Still, she queried in a low rasp, If you are not a soldier, then what do you do for Mereo?

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Well I actually just left the Tablinum today, the Imperator told me to acquaint myself with hunting, so I was watching you. He held up his ankle. Still gotta get some strength back before I can help myself, but then I'm gonna do everything I can.
64 Posts
Ooc — The System
I see. Zahir wondered if one day, she might be teaching the male to hunt, though she tried to not think about it — teaching was not exactly her forte, nor did she have any desire for it. But, she told herself she was thinking too far ahead, so, instead, she dipped her head to Sybol and said, Here is hoping you heal swiftly. Though in truth, she really didn't care. She had only just met him, after all. Picking up her chunk of meat, Zahir grunted, See you around, then set off at a steady pace for her den.

Last from me!

Zahir is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Zahir is mentally well.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Thanks! Sybol shouted after her as she ran off. He decided the white wolf wasn't so bad. But she was definitely intimidating, and lethal. He decided to try to stay on her good side, and not give her a reason not to like him. He resumed his meal, it was still warm, and was pretty good. He wondered what would happen with the rest of the goat's corpse. After finishing his portion, Sybol trotted home with thoughts of goats and broken ankles on his mind.