Ravensblood Forest Young Guardian
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
For @Vale.

"Vale, would you fancy a spar?" The Vicera had taken a day off of patrolling in preparation for the big hunt tomorrow. She told her son, "Tomorrow we hunt as a family. It will be a big day for all of us." A spar would tire them both out, give them experience, and ensure they got a good night's rest. It was vital that they were in top shape tomorrow.
Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (100/100)

91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale had not yet sparred with his mother, so of course he jumped at the chance. Upon hearing about the hunt, he grinned broadly and nodded excitedly. He was ready, he thought — both his mercenary and his hunting training had been going well. "I beat dad in our spar," he boasted to his mother as he took up fighter's stance. "Am I defense or offense?"

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
So I heard, Violante chuckled, her dark gaze gleaming. Your father told me all about it. He was very proud of you. She moved closer to him, adjusting his body where needed, to better his stance.

I want you to be the aggressor. We need to know your capabilities as a warrior. Though she did not enjoy fighting, it was in her blood, just as it was in Vale's. Moving away, she instructed him, Strike me, quickly, let me see your speed.

Mental Health (100/100)

91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Offense, okay, he said easily. He had done a mix of things with his father, both defense and offense, and he took a moment to size up his mother. He was larger than her already, and she was likely faster. But, if she wanted to see his speed, he'd show her.

Vale charged Violante, closing the distance in just a few bounds. He aimed a series of snaps, looking to hit her leg and shoulder before dipping away with surprising grace.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale rushed her with little fanfare — he was efficient, striking her twice in the left shoulder and once on her left foreleg. She could feel Vale's teeth, but he was being careful, a good thing, too; he had nearly all his adult teeth, and he could easily do damage if he really wanted to.

As Vale bounded away, Violante swung out to hit him with her flank, to unbalance him before he could strike once more. Never turn your back on an opponent, she advised him calmly. Violante began to circle her son. Strike again. Try to find an opening.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale had been foolish to think his mother would not strike him. She buffeted him in the side, nearly sending him sprawling. Gathering his footing, he dipped his head in understanding and began to counter circle his mother while his eyes searched for an opening.

He decided to strike her flank, thinking if he got her there, she might not be able to defend as well. Vale ran at his mother, first shouldering her and then aiming a bite at her right flank.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale had good instincts — that much had been clear from the get-go. She praised him as she was shouldered aside, barking, Good, good! Keep going. She felt his sharp teeth at her flank, and she used her body to slam into him, effectively knocking him away. Your size will be an advantage in fights — use it.

Mental Health (100/100)

91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Once more Vale was sent sideways, and indeed, he almost lost his footing. Taking a moment to shake the tension away, he sized his mother up before rushing her again. Before he reached her, however, he reared up. At nearly six months old, and nearing his full height, he might be mistaken for a bear cub. He aimed to come down on his mother's shoulders, to pin her down.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale was smart. When he reared, the Vicera was at a disadvantage, and she could not respond quickly enough before he came crashing down on her. He pinned her quickly, and she shouldered him roughly, telling him, Very good! If this were a real fight, you would be the victor. There was little one could do when pinned.

When Vale let her up, the Vicera shook out her pelt, smiling. Care to finish with a patrol? She'd beckon to him, and the two would saunter away.

Fading for us!

Mental Health (100/100)