Stavanger Bay beating them back - joining
5 Posts
Ooc — Gold
An permanently annoyed expression scarred Goldrinn's face as he padded along the sand. He disliked the gritty feeling as sand found its way between his toes and itched at his paw pads. Even worse, the sand was damp and sticking to his paws with each step. He glanced up as a cool, autumn wind blew into his face, carrying the scents of prey and wolf. A pack territory, he thought, eyes widening as he looked up the craggy cliff rising before him. This will be interesting."

Goldrinn crossed into the territory, walking only a few yards before pausing. He didn't want to be caught too deep; what if he wasn't accepted? Would they merely chase him out or try to kill him. His shoulders moved in a shrug. Puffing out his chest, he stiffened up and slightly raised his maw to howl a greeting. As the sound bounced off the cliff and echoed throughout the area, he lowered his head and flattened his ears, hoping to look as friendly as possible, although the permanent smirk still stuck no matter what.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had been hoping above all else that no one would come to be accepted into the pack while Ragnar was away. But she had no such luck, as a howl rose above the morning air and very near her. She started off at a trot and her pace increased when she saw the wolf actually in their territory. She met him with tail above her back, ears straight forward and a toothy snarl. What the heck are you doing across the border line?! If you want my attention I suggest you get across that border before I make you.

Thistle was shaking deep inside, she was a little bit scared. After all she wasn't a big wolf, but if she had to fight she would do so and she would take him with her, at least a piece or two. Her snarl grew in octave as she waited for him to back up. Once he was out of her family's land she'd be fine with him, but until then.
5 Posts
Ooc — Gold
As Goldrinn watched the she-wolf walk in his direction, his ears pricked slightly as he was curious to what she would say to him. When he heard the snarl, his eyes widened and he quickly back up, although he kept his head low, trying to be as un-aggressive as possible. "Sorry, lady, sorry. I wasn't stealing any food or anything. I was just looking for a pack to join, ye." Once he was sure he was out of the territory, a crooked smile appeared on his face.

His eyes glanced back behind the she-wolf for a quick second, wondering if she had bought any friends along with her. He knew these pack wolves rarely traveled alone, and he was not in the mood to get into a fight right now.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle watched as he moved to the other side of the border. Blue eyes assessed him, realizing he was not a threat she pulled lips back down and quieted the snarl, though she kept her posture. Why would you cross into territory? Before you were accepted?

She saw his glance and for a moment she wished she would have brought another with her, but there weren't that many to bring. She shifted again and stood looked at him. What's your name stranger?
5 Posts
Ooc — Gold
"Tch, I don't know," grumbled Goldrinn at the she-wolf's first question. "I didn't think I'd get into trouble just going a few steps in, ye." He scraped at the ground in slight embarrassment; he was not used to the rules of the packs. He had stolen from pack lands before, that was true, but that was the past. He just assumed as long as he didn't try to eat anything, he'd be safe.

When the she-wolf asked him his name, he relaxed a little. At least it didn't seem like he would be attacked now. "Goldrinn," he said proudly. "And I'll be one of the strongest fighters in your pack if you let me join, ye!"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle stared at him for a long moment. He didn't think he would get in trouble if he stepped into the territory. How silly of him to think of such a thing. If it had been her husband, his throat would have been ripped out and fed to him. He was lucky it was here.

So you are a warrior? Can you hunt? Do you heal? Or are you just a warrior? She could find a place for a warrior sure, but it would be better if he had more than one skill. They were in dire need of gamekeepers at the moment. so, she really hoped he could hunt.
5 Posts
Ooc — Gold
"Oh course I can hunt!" Goldrinn growled in annoyance. "I would've never gotten this far being a filthy scavenger." Of course, he would never mention that sometimes those hunting trips could lead into other's territories. He was trying to break out of that habit anyways, no use in bringing up old issues. It had to have been at least a month now since he last chased something across territory anyways...

"I've never thought about healing, though. I usually just tough things out. If I ain't dead yet, I must be doing something right, ye." He stretched, not that he needed to, but to show off the thick muscles that graced his form.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle growled at him back If I were you I would mind your manners. It is an innocent question, and you are on my borders at my discretion. She was a very fair wolf, but she was also true to her husband's ideals or tried to be and she would not have anyone disrespecting her or the borders over something as trivial as a question.

She shook her head at his obvious preening. You must be doing something right yes. She smiled then and tilted her head well then if you can protect our family and help us keep everyone alive, you are welcome to join us.
5 Posts
Ooc — Gold
A full grin spread across Goldrinn's face. "That's awesome! Heh, and sorry about the trespassing earlier, I guess I should say." He shrugged, now knowing he was in the wrong before, but still not wanting to take too much responsibility. A new path in his life had opened up now. No point in worrying about mistakes from five minutes ago.

Goldrinn glanced back at the land that lay behind the she-wolf. A place where he could hunt without worrying about running into a patrol and being ripped a part. A small part of him did feel a little sad; the rush of fearing for one's life added a little spark to hunting, although eventually there would come a time where he wouldn't be so lucky to escape. A wolf only gets so many close calls.

"I don't think I asked, what's yer name," he asked. "And when do I get to meet my new...family?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle shrugged It is okay but be mindful of the rules from now on. My husband will not hesitate to rip out your throat and feed it to you. It was the truth of hte matter, her husband was a good leader, but he also ruled with an iron fist and any who wronged him. Well they faced the harsh reality, that he was a harsh man.

She smiled My name is Thistle Cloud Loðbrók, but you may call me Thistle everyone else does. You may meet them now follow me. Then with a flick of her tail she motioned him to follow and she would lead him into the heart of the territory and he would be a welcome addition to the bay.