Stavanger Bay Testing Poisoned Waters <IC Joining>
14 Posts
Ooc — Paige
The sea air was something that the salt and pepper pelted wolf hadn't felt before. It was salty and warm. A lot different from the wind that rustled through pine trees, over hot springs, down snow covered mountains, and then found it's way to wolves in the north. Krikor remembered clearly what the wind tasted like as he crouched down hiding himself from an elk herd when he was younger.

Krikor had always been one to charm the pants off of any unsuspecting wolf. Although he couldn't seem to charm his old alpha, Senzo, into letting him stay with his birth pack. Long story short after fornicating with Senzo's mate he was caught and banished from his birth pack. The charcoal male did miss his family from time to time. He knew it was better for everyone if he left and started anew.

Four months later the male wound up on the coastline of the Teekon Wilds. The only exciting part about the bay was a cliff that hung over the beach, whose presence was covered by the smells of pack wolves. After spending a sufficient amount of time watching the waves brush past his paws the male decided to follow the scents up to the cliff.

Traveling towards the cliff Krikor found himself on the edge of a small forest. Its contents consisted of various types of ancient trees. The scent of wolves was strong at this point. Being a wolf who was accustomed to pack life he knew it was best if he stayed on the outside of their territory. He was a stranger and he didn't want to cause any trouble. The male was genuinely curious if the pack was accepting new members. Placing his toned backside on the cold forest floor the male lifted his salt and pepper colored head and let out a beckoning call to the wolves of the cliff.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Hiiiii! :D I'm saying Ragnar returned from his outrider trip but I'm going to be extremely vague because I have no idea what's going to happen in that thread. I just really wanted to reply to this. :-)

<style type="text/css"> r3 {color:#8c5f2e; font-size: 10px;} .r3box {background-color: #100b08; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/w4ULLAJ.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border: 1px solid #261615;} .r3text {margin: auto; width: 380px; color:#53342c; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 740px; margin-top: 20px;}</style>

Ragnar was glad to be home. Being away from Stavanger Bay for any long period of time made him anxious. He could never say why. It wasn't like he couldn't, nor didn't, trust his Queen Wife blindly with his and the life of everyone else within their little Norse pack. Of course he'd trusted Vali in the same way and that had ended up with a knife of betrayal lodged in the Jarl's spine; but this was Thistle. She was young, and not as experienced as a leader as Ragnar was but he trusted her not to be too soft hearted, and to make the right decisions in his absence. He was anxious to see her again, though not to divulge in what he had learned. Not yet. For now, he would keep those burdens and his forming plans to himself. His place was at the helm of his Bay and he could not continue to stretch his journey on needlessly without scheming out his battle plan, and without talking strategically with his Queen Wife, of course. At the end of the day, he really didn't need to ask her permission but she was his Queen and her counsel was revered by the Jarl. It was Thistle Cloud that he missed the most, whose absence of warmth he felt the most in the bitingly chilly autumn nights and it was his Queen Wife that he was the most anxious to rekindle with. They had much to discuss, him and her, and there was much more he needed to speak with Nerian about if she would even speak to him or if she would refuse and shrink deeper into her bubble of self seclusion.

His long strides took him easily across the length of Sea Lion Shores, steps pausing at the call of a howl in the nearby distance, a silhouette of a creature outlined against the towering hang and arch of the sea cliff that acted as a natural border to his Bay. Ragnar's pace increased letting out a chuff as he drew nearer, body held in the natural pose of his rank. “You called?” The scent of his pack could still be scented upon his coat despite that it was mingled now with the scent of others. Eyes of caribbean ice assessed the other silently as he waited for the man to explain his presence upon Stavanger's borders.

14 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Hey!! :D I missed you guys.
The salted wind brought forth a new scent to the ebony wolf's nose. It was the scent of a male, obviously the alpha for his scent was the strongest along the borders. Soon enough the wind carried the beast in front of him. His snowy pelt contrasted against his eyes which were a soul shaking blue. The pale wolf in front of him was intimidating. The scent of his pack, and other smells Krikor couldn't place, gave the male an air of authority.

The stranger's voice carried strongly through the chilling air. "You called?" The snowy pelted wolf inquired. Krikor let the silence between the two males grow before stepping in with a reply. "I am looking for a new home. I was wandering near the beach and noticed your pack's scent and I came to inquire about membership opportunities." The swarthy male spoke in a tone that wasn't threatening. Krikor lowered his stance and his ears in respect for the male. To get what he wanted the ebony wolf would have to be submissive and get this wolf to trust him. Krikor hoped this display of submission would win the alpha over just a tiny bit.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Couldn't Resist :D

Thistle had not yet known that Ragnar was back, so when she heard the howl she finished her last patrol and took off at a trot towards it. Upon coming closer she felt a growl work it's way up in her throat as she saw another wolf in the territory, but swiftly realized it was her husband and quieted it, before anyone could hear it. She probably would not have had such a bad reaction, if there hadn't been a trespasser while he was gone. She continued forward confidence in her step, she slid to her husband's side and stared at the newcomer with her ever present fire in her eyes.

Her tail swayed gently behind her as she studied the male in front of her. He was an interesting character, and she supposed handsome in his own right to others, and if she was looking. However, she wasn't really. No man had been able to catch her eye since she took her husband as her own.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Longer than he had anticipated had Ragnar been gone from Stavanger Bay, and yet falling back into familiar routines had happened literally in seconds. Though he desired to see how things had went in his absence he would attend to the ebony man standing upon his borders, first. The ebony male spoke in response to Ragnar's inquiry, giving way to Ragnar's initial suspicions. It was not often that strange wolves came to their borders inquiring about little else; and with Winter fast approaching Ragnar suspected that Stavanger Bay's numbers would likely rise in accordance. It wasn't a bad thing, since the more adults they had aiding with the hunting the better the chances were that they would actually have more successful hunts which meant full bellies and caches rich with their spoils. It did not come as a huge surprise to Ragnar when Thistle appeared soon after the ebony man responded to Ragnar, given that he hadn't gotten the chance to tell her that he was home. He waited until his Queen Wife slid up against his side before his lips parted to speak once more.

“I am Ragnar and this is my wife, Thistle,” He did not bother introducing her as his Queen Wife, for her status was evident in the way she carried herself, but also because he was not sure how much longer he would have two wives — which was definitely a pressing discussion for the two of them in the immediate future. First, however, they needed to address what was presently the priority: this stranger at the borders of the Bay. “These lands are called Stavanger Bay,” He introduced his home to the stranger at the borders, giving a slight pause in order for the other man to push in an introduction before the Jarl continued on with, “Winter will be upon us soon and the work will pick up. We have four newborn mouths to feed and we're in dire need of Hunters.” So much so that on numerous occasions Ragnar had considered giving up his pursue of the Counselor trade in favor of the Gameskeeper. “What skills can you offer Stavanger Bay? What skills would you be willing to work on as our demand calls for?” Ragnar inquired, eyes of Caribbean ice remaining a steady gaze upon the male.

14 Posts
Ooc — Paige
It wasn't long into their conversation that a petite she-wolf accompanied Ragnar. With her tail swaying gently it sent over a strong scent of Ragnar to him over the crisp wind. It was obvious they were mates. They were drenched in each other's smells. Ragnar also had another strong female scent upon him. Krikor kept his mouth shut because after all it was none of his business, yet.

Dipping his groomed head the male sent over a silent greeting to the female, whose name he learned promptly after Ragnar introduced her. Thistle, an interesting name. I wonder if she's Scottish or just a prickly pain in the ass. Krikor thought to himself. "Call me Kirkor my lady." The handsome male introduced himself in a warm voice.

Ragnar spoke inquiring what skills the ebony wolf had to offer. Truthfully he had many skills he could offer. Krikor was not many things but he was patient. Which always sharpened his ability to hunt. A wolf needed lots of tolerance if he were to charm any wolf. This ebony male could wait for years if needed only to strike at the most impeccable time. "I can hunt for this pack. Feed those who can't yet feed themselves and train those who would like to learn. I am patient, which helps with both teaching and hunting, as you already know." Krikor stated in a unwavering voice. He was careful to be seen still in a submissive manner. "You spoke of newborns, while I am not good with pups I can still provide food for their mouths." Which was true. Krikor was never the type of man to like pups. He was patient when a reward was offered but with pups he did not see a reward.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle stood beside her husband and watched the other male as he studied her in turn. She had not seen her sister wife in some time and she would need to ask her husband about it. Perhaps he had seen her, maybe Nerian had decided to follow him, to get some time just for him and her. Maybe.

If Thistle had been privy to the other's thought she would have laughed. She was not scottish, and she was sure if asked her husband could and would refer to her as a pain in his ass at the best of times. But it was okay she loved him and he her and that was all that mattered really.

Thistle tilted her head Do you have any other skills than hunting? Though that is certainly a very good trade and is needed at present.
14 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Out of posting order, I know.

Krikor did not consider himself a man of many talents. While he was an excellent hunter he was also a decent protector. While he wasn't abnormally strong he was fast. His lean figure played a huge role in that fact. "I can hold my own in a fight. I am not the strongest but I am quick in my own right." Krikor spoke addressing both the leaders.

Krikor also had skills with communication. Although his skills were the ability to manipulate certain wolves into doing his bidding. He enjoyed having power over others and have their eyes all over him. When the salt and pepper colored male thinks he has control is when he is at his most confident.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Not entirely sure why I was skipped but the new posting order is: Ragnar, Thistle, Krikor. ;-)

There was a time and place to speak to his Queen Wife about what had happened in his absence — which was admittedly quite a bit, but it was neither the time or the place. Ragnar intended to seek her out privately to discuss such matters a little later. Ragnar was silent and stoic when Krikor spoke of his skills, of what he could offer Stavanger Bay, judging the words heavily. It was true that with Julooke and Verrine focusing their energies upon their newborns that neither really could spare the time to hunt for the pack, neither did Ragnar expect them too. Being with their children was important; as a father Ragnar understood this. Stavanger Bay could use a couple of good hunters, so much that Ragnar had decided to aim for Gameskeeper for his third trade, omitting the work that he'd done to try to get his counselor trade. At present, it wasn't what they needed and, frankly, wolves tended to come to him anyway and therefore he did not think that he needed any sort of official title. “They will be our focus in these months to come,” If only because they were the youngest and henceforth the most vulnerable of them; they were also the next generation of this pack and they needed to be prioritized. With that, though Ragnar fell silent once more as Thistle took the reigns from him and questioned if he had any other skills that they could use.

Ragnar supposed the borders could always use another body. “Could you put that skill towards border patrol? The borders could always use another body.” It was where Ragnar spent a good chunk of his time, but his sons had picked it up as well, their scents prominent along the borders, even if they were a little inexperienced when it came to border patrol he was proud of them taking the initiative, nevertheless. The best way to learn was to actually do the thing itself, Ragnar had found over the years. “Are you willing to adapt and learn new skill sets as are prioritized?” Ragnar wasn't a huge fan of not playing upon the strengths of others within his pack but there might be times in which other trades took precedence and he needed his subordinates to be flexible. If they were willing to learn, he was willing to ensure that they were rewarded for their efforts and hard work.

“I value loyalty and I expect the clear hierarchy of this pack to be obeyed and kept in mind,” Ragnar told the other male grimly, having taken back the reigns from Thistle. “I will not tolerate insubordination, nor betrayal. I will not hesitate to banish, or depending upon the severity of the crime, kill. I do not share the morals of other men.” Just so that everyone was on the same page about how the scarred Scandinavian worked. Killing did not phase him, had never phased him, and he would not be hindered by the consciousness that might have stopped lesser men. Pointless deaths would not get him into Valhalla but Odinn did not punish killing when it meant the survival or protection of what was important.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle grew quiet now and she just watched and listened. She preferred it that way, she loathed accepting wolves into the borders. Mostly because simply put she was a sap, and she was not a very good read of other's apparently. She was always afraid she would mess it up somehow and allow someone in that was lazy or a murderer or something. She supposed she had done good so far, if she was cautious it usually worked out, but she was not used to worrying about such things. She had lived a fairly carefree life, until she set out on her own, and she was finding the harshness of others a hard pill to swallow.
14 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Krikor had done his share of border patrols in his lifetime. He was a younger wolf but the swarthy male had experienced a lot in his time, and still more to experience. From birth to banishment everything that happened to him made him stronger. "I can do border patrol, I can be a scout. You can shape me into whatever you. While you won't change my morals, you can push me towards whatever skill set you need most." Kirkor replied in a robust voice.

Krikor could adapt and learn new skills, just like every wolf could if they put their mind to it. The coal wolf was more than willing to educate himself with skills he was unfamiliar with. It was a challenge and he enjoyed that. "I would be more than willing to learn new skills if you have the means to teach me." The salt and pepper faced male responded.

Ragnar was a male that knew what he wanted and wouldn't hesitate to get it. Most of the wolves he had came in contact with would not kill another wolf unless completely necessary. Krikor tilted his head when the pale male spoke of not being afraid to kill another wolf. In a way Krikor held the same moral system Ragnar did, he just didn't follow it religiously. The swarthy wolf took a mental note to not do anything to mess with this wolf. He valued his life above all and he wouldn't risk it for some fun. "I am loyal and in time if you let me in you will find that out. No words will prove my loyalty, only actions. If you allow me into your pack to serve not only you but your pack-mates as well, i will prove my loyalty." The oil colored fur wolf spoke in an unshaken voice to both the male and his wife who had chosen to keep silent in the past few exchanges.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

The scarred Scandinavian was stoic, quiet as the man spoke his peace in regards to what he could do, and what he would be willing to do, which was pretty much anything Stavanger Bay needed. That was useful, Ragnar deduced. Some wolves were set in their ways, and whether he was or not wasn't really a deciding factor in the decision that Ragnar had to make regarding the ebony colored male before him. “As long as your morals don't interfere with my rules against insubordination then we won't have a problem,” Ragnar warned grimly, having no time to play that game again. He had chased and threatened the lives of two wolves, one who had trespassed and the other, one of his subordinates who defied and spoke against him. As it stood, his threat still rang true. If either of them ever dared to appear on his borders again he would tear their lungs out of their body and wear their skulls as a crown. Ragnar wasn't as dramatic as Bjorn had been but flair had never hurt in the face of death and victory. The same was true for anyone. Ragnar was assertive and this was his pack, and he didn't put up with the things that Pump let slide because he wasn't Pump.

He was ten times more cruel. “Prove your loyalty and you will not be disappointed in what Stavanger Bay has to offer you in turn. I expect you to pull your weight, just as I expect from everyone else,” Perhaps it was a bit redundant but just because the other male boosted of skills didn't mean he would help contribute. Ragnar wasn't a mind reader, nor could he see into the past. He was running off of nothing but first impressions. “Welcome to the Bay.” Ragnar spoke simply before the Viking turned to his wife and offered her a nudge of his nose against the silken fur of her neck. Now, the two of them could seek somewhere more private to discuss what it was they needed too. “I will give you a tour,” Ragnar told their newest subordinate before he glimpsed back at Thistle. “And I will seek you later, my love.”

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled at the newcomer Welcome to the Bay. Then she licked her husband's muzzle and turning she strode deeper into the territory. Her responsibility for the time being was done, and she wanted to check on the children anyway. There had been much unrest since she had told them of their biological father. It was hard for her not to blame herself for it.