Try Me
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
@Slade what the hell... let's just have another one, shall we?
This is for the "SOUND THE HUNTING HORNS" Quest, check it out here ;)

<style> .Bane1 {padding: 10px;} .Bane1 p { margin: 20px 80px 10px 80px; font-family: Candara, Calibri, Segoe, "Segoe UI", Optima, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: justify; text-indent: 35px;} .Bane1 q {color: #800000; font-weight: bold;} </style>

It was a cold morning, cold enough for the dark forest to find itself covered by a thick veil of mist that glided through the southern reaches of the land, and stretched out to the heart of it, right where the dark brotherhood resided. And it was quiet, so quiet...

The bat of a dark bird echoed above the young Northerner. It had been following him for days now, but Bane decided to ignore it in an attempt of making it loose its interest. But on the other hand, the bird's intense stalking behavior raised questions in the young warrior's head. What reason could there be for the creature to be so interested in his activities? It had been heavy weeks for him, he had been working hard on filling the caches as the priestess instructed, and it wasn't an easy task, but it didn't seem a reason to be stalked.

It was one of those task the priestess assigned him that he was on on that day, hunting for the cold season, and her instructions had been clear, hunt either alone or in pairs if there's availability, and go for small prey only. The reason for such detailed instructions he didn't know, and if he hadn't cared about what the female said he would've either rejected them and do it his way, or not doing it at all, but Bane was bonded to her in a way he still didn't have clear, and apparently, her wishes were his duty. The swamp was ugly, and smelly, but it was were most of the "small prey" was found. Fish and water birds were abundant, so it was the right place to start, and that's were his strong legs were taking him, one long and fast strode at a time.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: Made it here alone and still young! :D 16 and a half years later. xD

The dark king knew the Alphess desired the best for the pack, and since he joined, the brute swore he would not offer anything less than her wishes. So far, the Night Queen spoke of either hunting or discovering new land, and after his 4 years, he had no desire to poke his nose where he was not intrested in going. Killing was what he was best at, along with something he could never satisfy his savage and murderous lust on.
It seemed as if carnage was his soul essence.

The obsidian cloaked hessian slid as silent as death through the comforting darkness, his sensitive nares leading him to the scent he had encountered earlier in his time as a BlackFeather. ...
The Pale One.

Only the luminescent volcanic irises were visible in the stiffling shadows, keeping their stare on the snow warrior who had captured his attention as a possible protégée. A possible pupil in the arts of murder. Of death dealing.
A curled smile touched his midnight lips, but not enough to flash the brights in the night.

Slade wondered what the Pale One was accomplishing, and soon found him to traipse into the sickening swamp, surprisingly full of life.
Was the Warrior on the same mission as he?
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
xD Dude I can't even...

Hell it was smelly. How many dead things had he touched already? What was that thing moving? He could swear he felt something moving under his paws.O hell no! he shouted and jumped out of the marsh. He wasn't gonna do this, not alone at least, he wasn't just about to let the marsh monster eat him alive.

The Northerner youth was turning around to try his luck at the creek when the sound of an approaching wolf startled him. He jumped back and his guard hairs bristled, he had the nerves on edge ever since that damn from jumped out of the water only to be eaten by the dinosaur (okay it was a fish, but it was huge!) Slay! he barked as he recognized the older male. Where have you been man? I thought you had left the pack. Bane said in an amiable tone, but still keeping that pint of 'I'm a dick' flow to it.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: This...I dont know why im laughing so hard, Anthony. Bruhhh. 《O HELL NO》 xDDD

Only the series of laughter barks pinpointed the onyx's location, and he soon dispersed from the comfort of the darkness, revealing his large and well muscled form in the barely surving light of the forest.
This wolf was entirely too funny.

With humor still apparent on his usually unemotional features, the man spoke his reply to the hopeful follower.

"I was here and there, but still within pack grounds. I hunted a bit elsewhere, filling caches as I went. I got as many done as a could, and it seems again, we are still not as filled as we should be. "

Tilting his massive shadow hued crown, the king looked at the white one.

"Were you doing the same, Pale One?"
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
lol he made me do it! He just writes himself...xD

What was this guy laughing at? To be honest it was kind of creepy the way he so evilish crawled out of the shadows with his deep-voiced laugh. Like some kind of evil being.... But he liked it nonetheless. It gave him that mysterious vibe... Cool... That came included in the 'follower' package, right?

Oh cool... Bane said as he sat back on his haunches. I've been doing just the same man... Meldresi has been weird the last days... I haven't seen her in days so I figured I would just.. Do what I'm supposed to... he said without much conviction. Yes he had been a good boy and done what Meldresi told him to do, but he wasn't always like that and he was getting bored and tired of the whole shit. He needed to do something crazy or he was going to explode!

I was gonna hunt in the marsh but... he said looking back at the smelly swamp in the background, just in time to see another frog be eaten by a reptile. Turning back to the obdisian beast, he said raising a brow, Not my style...

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Slade kept his burning ember gaze on the ivory,the amused tug of his lips refusing to depart.
The pale boy was grossed out by a Swamp? The warrior? By a Swamp? Hilarious.
Utterly. Hilarious.

"The Dark Mistress has been a bit. .. off. I worry for her. There is nothing I can do for her, though. I dont know what's going on, but if anyone or anything is causing this to her, death will be delivered to them on a platter of pure gold. "

The cinders within his orbs flared at the promise, but once again found the cool ones of his company.

"I'm surprised you don't like the Swamp. It's dangerous. You two should be compatible. "

Another deep throated chuckle followed suite, the resounding sound echoing around the duo.

"Is there somewhere else you would like to target, White Warrior? "
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Did he have a red nose and a wig or something? Why was Slade still laughing at him? His thoughts about the swamp were pretty damn serious, he wasn't just gonna dive in messing up his pure white perfection... Not my style... he thought to himself once again. They could still go hunt somewhere else anyway...

"If anyone or anything is causing this to her, death will be delivered to them on a platter of pure gold."

Wait, what was that? Did he have some kind of crush on Meldresi [size=xx-small]too[/size]? Little did he know that the Priestess was carrying his own children inside her, but, mates or not, he wasn't just going to let this guy step over him to take her... Bane didn't even want her like that, but he didn't want anyone else to have her either.

It isn't the danger what bothers me, he said puffing his chest at the beast's compliment, or was it sarcasm? But the smell... he wrinkled his nose in disgust, That shit stinks! he chuckled.

Slade was becoming his only friend besides Meldresi inside Blackfeather. They shared that misterious something Bane liked to think he had, and he was starting to warm up on the coal coated beast. I was going to try my luck with fish, but the reek was unbearable man... I couldn't even open my eyes! he said with a warm chuckle of his own. I was going to try the woods instead, the boss asked me to go for small game, I don't even know why... Wanna join me?

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: My horror story quoting skills have busted through my roof. My god. A small description of something as simple as Swamp waters. xD

At the swift and barely thought out kind words Slade slid to the snow draped lupine, he saw satisfaction in his features.
It would be way too easy to get to him, to have him under his paw for his own doings.
His own.
Was he possessive?
Or obsessive?
Both?
The midnight brute had no answer to his own feelings anymore, though he felt the urge to claim this younger wolf as his own,
Too soon.
All good things come in time.
Patience, Nightmare.

"Yes, anything worth such a foul smell, could taste just as foul, Artic Bearer. Good thing you didn't dive in the waters of the sludge...
You might not have come back out..
smelling nice, of course. "

A ice white grin emmitted through the silence between them.
Let the young one absorb the silence, the sharp but silken death threat that could lay below the murky and impenetrable view of the slithering Swamp waters. The fear of being within the sight of something that had the ability to pull you under, to savage you with no mercy, letting the crimson life that was once in you, taint the green slimy waters it calls home, the Ruby liquid rushing to the surface, letting all who could see from above know that yet another soul was claimed by the untraceable beast who waited for another meal to dare try their luck.

"Perhaps she doesn't want us to waste valuable energy. I have no idea what her motive is, Pale One. But in any case, killing is something I can be flexible with, no matter how large or small, so going with you on such a trip would be badass. "

The onyx man sent a toothy grin at the ivory. Slade felt the lowered hostility of the white brute, giving the Nightmare the impression that he had warmed a chunk to him.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Your description of the swamp reminds me of this scene xD
Which is funny because that's just how I imagine the swamp would look like xD

Never would've Bane thought of Slade's intentions with him, but Bane did feel flattered by how the obsidian beast referred to him. "Artic Bearer" "White Warrior"... Those titles were pretty badass.

Alright, Slay. Let's see what we find... the Northerner said with his thick accent and proceeded to walk away from the murky and smelly waters. The woods burst in life even though it didn't seem like it, the creatures were just perfectly adapted to the mysteriousness of it, making it even more mysterious.

The path Bane chose was just as dark as any other. The light that was present in the swamp slowly disappeared leaving them in the shadows once again, and during the time they walked Bane didn't say anything, expecting that the bigger male would do the same. His attention was on the hunt now, on any sign of movement in the ground, in the trees, on any scent in the air, on the slightest sound around, but the place still seemed deserted, and not a single sound could be heard in miles.

Got anything? the pale youth whispered, looking back at Slade.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The sounds of the the forest had morphed to those more interpretable than those of the swamp dwellers. Slade could distinguish the difference between a nearly-ready-to-hibernate squirrel, than a racoon who's curiosity had nearly forever fatal outcomes.
Small game.

"Got anything?", the barely smaller snow male inquired his way.

"3 raccoons about 68 paces East, and A family of Grey squirrels in nest 59 paces north west of this spot."

The fierce ember orbs gazed the ground, auds rotating, and nares twitching. Slade was keeping every detail, memorizing the land, while finding prey with his soon to be pupil.

"What on your end?"
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

How the actual hell did he do that? Sure, there were little squeaks every once in a while but they were barely audible! Slade was just impressive. Now more than ever was that Bane wanted to ask for the Nightmare to train the hell out of him, just as he did with the rest of the nightmares as he said he did. He wanted to become a warrior and a hunter of the best class.

Uhm... Right... I heard those too... the young Northerner lied shifting his gaze to Slade. Lets go for the racoons, they're slower... And beefier... easier to catch was what he meant... But they were a better target nonetheless. He knew the basics and he was fast, so he wasn't a complete mess... He was actually pretty good, but lacked real training, he had the potential to be a beast, maybe even greater than the great Slade Nightmare himself... Or that's what he believed at least...

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆my god, you play him so good, Anthony! ... (notjealousnotjealousnotokjustalittlebit)◆

Slade smirked in spite of the ability that was natural for him. He felt the uncertainty in the white wolf's voice, his ignorance to the locations. Maybe he had not trained his auds to know the sounds of specific prey sounds.
A thing Slade was a master to. Another thing he could present to the pale one in a lesson.
The more lessons spent with the youth, the more time there was to get him under his influence.
But again, to entice was the first step, amd he was stepping it quite well.

"Racoons are an excellent choice, Pale One. Do you know the scent differences between the rabies carriers, and the healthy ones? It would be thoroughly beneficial to your life, if you did. "

Death. Death was coy, a sneak, a devil thay followed, no matter what path you chose, and it would be watching, awaiting the moment a slip up was made, a moment that showed you could not escape the claws gripping your tender shoulders, its cold and plague frosted breath that could melt the very skin and fur from your face.
Death.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Rabies? Well that was one thing Bane sure didn't want to get. Nasty things happened to you. Like drooling and stuff. Not cool at all. But unluckily, the young Gamekeeper aspirant didn't know how to difference the ones infected.

Uh... Well... I usually don't pay attention to that... I just jump to the head ripping part... the pale northerner said after a long silence. Yeah. Death was a bitch. But killing though... There was nothing like it. Seeing the light die out in his victims eyes were the thing that he lived for, even more when your victim was an enemy, someone that had made you suffer before. Those were the most satisfying ones to kill.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"Then even life itself gives you luck against death, eh, Snow Warrior? That is admirable, in itself."

As he spoke, the dark beast kept his vivid sun like gems snaking back and forth the front of the path they walked, the thick and coiling muscles obeying his commands of movement, carrying him in the direction he desired for his paws.
Follow the pale one. This soon to be student, his soon to be student.

"There are two ways to tell when a coon has rabies, Ice Sire. Either the animal doesnt stir when you approach, or it immediately turns to attack, snarling and foaming at the mouth. Those are the bests you stray from. Those who give you a chase, those are safe. However, your instincts know when to steer you clear of the previously mentioned little bastards."

Slade awaited the next movement of the Artic youth, wondering which path he desired to choose from to find the prey the pack needed for the cold time.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
We should be wrapping up this one soon... I'm trying to get more new ones, maybe we an have one where Slade teaches him how to fight?? :D

Well... That was more... Simple than he had thought at first. Avoid the foaming ones... Easy... Turns out Bane wasn't such a bad hunter after all.

Stray from the fizzy ones... Got it... Bane said partly actually paying attention to it and taking mental notes, but kind of sarcastically dismissing it at the same time. Are you ready, Slay? I'm getting hungry... Lets crack some coons open, shall we? he said licking his lips. It was time for the action. They had the prey on their radar, it was only a matter of striking.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆good notice. My b-day is gonna b n 2 days, and im gonna be raking tomorrow, so gonna be scarce for a while. Hopefully I can do a good Slade impression while getting massive amounts of leaves out of my yard. XD ◆

"Damn right, I'm ready," the rumbling reply came, a smirk acidly placed on the dark king's maw.
He appreciated another thing in this Bane: the swift and obvious desire to kill, and get done what needed to be done.
Spying the striped tail of a fattened coon, Slade observed it for any signs of death dealing illnesses, which he found none. And within nanoseconds, Slade went from being behind the pale warrior, to infront of his left side, clutching a dying gunsilver mammal in his dagger lined jaws.

After dropping the twitching carcass to the forests floor, Slade made the 'your turn' motion with a polite incantation of his massive shadow draped crown.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Slade made a swift move to kill one of the fat coons they had chosen as target. Good ol' Slay, always getting the shit done without hesitating... That too was one of the things Bane admired most of his mentor.

The cracking sound of the mammal's neck gave the pale warrior shivers, shivers of pleasure that brought a malefic smirk out of his face. It was his turn. Just as the Nightmare, the pale warrior darted forward to give chase to one of the coons that tried to escape after Slade's attack. But they were all too slow for the swift northerner. A fat one fell behind, screeching for his life... Crack! The sound of its skull as Bane smashed it in the ground with his strong paw getting stained with blood.

Do you think this is small enough for Meldresi? the young warrior asked Slade, yelling from the distance.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆Last post from me, Anthony. This was great while it lasted. Now hopefully, we can get a mentor thread going. :P ◆

Slade watched with satisfaction the snow beast murdered just add easily add he did, and dropping the wad of meat, the brute answered his question.

"Indeed. This is just the amount she requires, I suppose. I have no idea whether she wants to just have snacks around, when this land is plentiful with a four course meal for her, but whatever she wants, we must provide."

Seeing how Keith's call seemed to scare off the remaining coons, Slade picked his up.
If the ice Hessian desired to join him in packing up the food, he could, but the living quarry had deserted the area.
Taking his time, the murderer swiveled, and headed back to the depths of BlackFeather Woods.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Yaas! We need one of those.
Last post from me too, thanks for the thread! These two are so funny I just can't xD

The reason for asking such specific things of them was unknown to them both. The beastly shadow and the savage ghost. Both of them caught under the web of the same spider. Meldresi. What was it about her that was so appealing to them? Who knows. But it had them stuck, tied, and the worst thing: none of them knew it.

Yeah, I guess you're right Slay... the pale northerner agreed. Holding the coon in his maw, Bane followed his mentor back to the darkness of Blackfeather, back to Meldresi. She was beginning to make them her minions in the master plan she was, without a doubt, plotting... Why else would she be so.. Mysterious?