Whitefish River A Driving Hunger
I'd rather die with someone than let that person die before my eyes
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
A river thunders next to her as Rain trots along it's edge, gazing into it's depths. If it didn't seem so risky, I'd fancy myself a swim. Snorting at the rushing waters, she stops to lap up the dancing river.

Her stomach growls suddenly, adding to the sounds of the river with its grumbles. Fish dart around in a spot not too far in front of her, fighting the rivers wrath. She wishes the fish were closer, she would have loved to gobble them up. Though, she wasn't much of a fisher, they would probably get away if she tried catching one.

Turning to the woods, she trots off in search of a meal.
Mod
11 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca

The arrival of a wolf upon the riverbank had spooked her - deep down in the pit of her being, Aupaluktok had been afraid. So she had abandoned the coveted position by the water and retreated in to the trees. There the dog rested as much as she could. Time slipped by and she was alert, agitated, grasping with her senses at the creeping apprehension that sat in her heart. Amarok believed in the pack, the collective. If this was true then Aupa expected to find more of their kind frequenting this area. That would place her in more danger. With her survival threatened, there were only so many options. She could run, find the coast and tear away from this patch of the wilds - but the inevitability of her discovery kept her rooted. To linger here among the trees was dangerous as well. Was it safer to face the Wild Things, or to run from them? To brave autumn and be faced with winter on the road, or adapt to the new circumstances?

Aupaluktok was an adaptable individual. There was only so much a dog could do without the guidance of Man. She thought of the days before, when Man was at her side, and charging through the north. The taste of frozen tuktu. Sneaking morsels away from those that let down their guard - Kanosak. They were gone now. Aupaluktok thought of her partner with a guarded fondness - a momentary lapse in concentration - and in that moment she was discovered.

The wolf was suddenly there. It moved with silence and against the wind; there was no way for Aupa to have noticed it. A flash of silver caught in her periphery and she turned her head to meet it - low, snake-like, and cautious. The third amarok that she had seen, and proof that the river was hardly a safe haven. Aupa did not make a sound. She stared intently at the roaming figure while trying to discern the creature's intentions.

I'd rather die with someone than let that person die before my eyes
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Rain noses her way through a bush, growling as her fur catches on its branches. She was more used to hunting in the mountains where there was hardly any foliage to block her way. Now the dying woods were hindering her progress of a rabbits trail that she has found. Feeling as if the bush has a good hold on her, Rain lunges forward in an attempt to tear herself free. And ends up nose to nose with another wolf.

Snarling she jumps back, hackles raised, teeth bared and ready for a fight. Wait. What is this? The creature is red and white with a curled up tail and small. It is the size of an older puppy still growing into adulthood. Sniffing at the air she notes that it smells off too, not like a wolf at all. Flicking an ear she growls, "What are you?" The thing has the shape of a wolf, but it is not a wolf. what? Confusion taints her features. She was hoping to find a rabbit, but instead she's found some weird breed of wolf-like animal.