Blackfoot Forest red sky at morning
14 Posts
Ooc — Poppy
Private 
If nothing else, she had supper. Sure, maybe it was raining (pouring) and she was unfamiliar with the lands (lost) and she had no idea where to find shelter (homeless), but at least she had supper (a snack). Mikasa clutched the tiny bird in her mouth tightly as if it would spring back to life at any moment. Unlikely given the fact she'd punctured several organs when she'd chomped into it, but knowing her luck there was absolutely a chance it would be greeting the morning sun with its song.

She gripped it just a bit tighter, feeling the thin stream of blood slipping into her mouth. Not today, bird. No necromancy for you.

Mikasa wasn't a particularly large wolf, nor was she necessarily small, so when she came across a rotting log, she hesitated. Could she fit? Only one way to find out, she supposed. The shadowy wolf hunkered down and crawled her way into the opening, wiggling and shimmying and doing everything within her power to get inside where it was at least marginally more dry. Not much for space, but she strangely enjoyed the feeling of walls closing in. It made her feel… secure, somehow, and not at all afraid.

So far, so good. Mikasa was nearly there when she felt her hips catch, damnit. She groaned in annoyance and gave a few quick tugs, trying to squeeze herself inside and falling just short. Although she wanted to be dry, she didn't want to half-ass it and leave… well, half her ass out in the rain. Time to move on, find somewhere else to shelter for the time being.

The issue came when she tried to backpedal and found she couldn't move in reverse, either. She kicked and squirmed but only ended up making tracks in the mud before finally barking an annoyed: "damnit!" into the otherwise peaceful night.

@Sovereign so sorry, work got unexpectedly busy! ;o;
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
No problem at all! IRL comes first always <333

Why Sovereign chose to wander back towards the Sunspire Mountains, she did not know.
But, she found herself in a forest pressed against the outskirts of the Range all the same, and with this mental note, she prowled further within to explore.

It was a decent walk full of fuck-all, until she heard a booming DAMMIT! off the trail the yearling had been carving for herself in her expedition. 
Ears perked, and curiosity piqued, Sov trotted in the direction of the sound, only to find the back end of a fellow she-wolf stuck inside a log!

Don't laugh...don't laugh...don't laugh...
Sovereign willed herself not to cackle at the sight, and oh, how it hurt her cheeks to do so!
Still, she came closer and, awkward as all hell, offered her voice to the dark-furred female stuck within the log,
"Do you...need some help...?" Sov offered, placing a firm paw on the log to try and keep it steady for Mikasa. Maybe it would be easier for her to get out if Sov held the log still for her...?
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
14 Posts
Ooc — Poppy
That was it, then. She would die there in that log, likely one of the few in the world that would ever succumb to such a lackluster fate. Mikasa had always known she wasn't destined to go out in a blaze of glory, but damn, she had been hoping for something a little flashier. Dying because she was stuck in a damn log wasn't exactly the legacy she wanted to leave behind, nor did she want her only companion to be a dead bird as life gradually left her body. Maybe it was poetic justice or something. Mikasa had gotten stuck while trying to eat a bird she'd killed and now she, too, was going to die moments later. Woe was her! 

She wasn't going to die on an empty stomach, though.

Mikasa begrudgingly began to snack on what was likely her last meal, grumbling and kicking out every so often to see if she'd magically been able to free herself. It never worked. Eventually she just became a caged tornado of swear words as she thrashed about, oblivious to @Sovereign creeping closer until heard a thud on top of the log. Mikasa blinked, startled, and cleared her throat before sheepishly replying: ".. yes, please." Gods, she hoped the wolf meant help getting free and not help speeding along to the afterlife.
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign heard the yes, please from the other end of the log, and with a dutiful nod, she would pin the ebony woman's wooden prison underneath her massive paws, making sure it was held firm before she called "I'm gonna hold this in place for ya, now, pull!" The yearling said, bracing herself to hold the log down better, in hopes it would actually work to get this girl out.

If plan A didn't work, Sov supposed plan B could be to hold the log down from the other side somehow? 
Anyway, here goes!
14 Posts
Ooc — Poppy
For some stupid reason, it had never occurred to her that someone might be around to help out. She was so accustomed to living life as a rogue that the mere presence of a stranger was enough to make her uncomfortable, let alone being stuck in such a vulnerable position as one sauntered up. If she hadn't desperately needed her help, Mikasa would likely have told her to go pound sand; but alas, she was in quite the predicament and unfortunately needed the assistance. 

Mikasa listened through the rotting wood, ears trained upwards as she listened to the instructions and then the thudding of paws over her head. Oop, guess they were doing this. She leaned back and began to scramble, losing traction in the mud once or twice before she finally managed to twist herself enough to escape. The air suddenly felt so much fresher and cleaner than it had moments ago and she greedily sucked it down, panting as she slumped back onto her haunches. At least she was fucking free, right?
"Hey, thanks for thaaaa-- hoooly shit, you are huge." Was it inappropriate to comment on someone's size? Possibly, but she'd just had a near death experience and she could get away with it, right? Riiight?

@Sovereign
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign herself stumbled as the smaller wolf finally wrestled herself out of the log, making it jolt under the yearling's massive paws.
Sov caught herself, acting like it never happened as the ebony woman regained herself, and started to talk- 
Hey thanks for thaaaaa- hooooly shit you are huge! 

The pale girl grinned and let out a soft chuckle "I get it from my ma, I'm actually the spitting image of her, just...not covered in scars like she was." Sovereign responded, sadness tinting her voice briefly.
"Point being I probably won't be the last giant you find in these Wilds." She laughed, half-hearted and shy-like.

"My name's Sovereign." She introduced after a long silence, tentatively.
14 Posts
Ooc — Poppy
Mikasa hadn't considered the young woman's physique may have been a sore spot until the words had already flown out of her mouth. She immediately tried to think of a way to cover her ass, but realistically, there wasn't any denying that she'd just blatantly pointed out something that could have been perceived as rude. She certainly hadn't meant it that way, though, and was more startled by the giantess than anything else. Fortunately, @Sovereign seemed to take it all in stride and Mikasa gave a few good-natured thumps of her tail in appreciation.

"I think that's pretty damn cool. I bet no one messes with you, huh? Because you can just squash 'em like little bugs. Man, I wish I was that cool." 

She listened as the lady introduced herself and explained she was a carbon copy of her mother. Aw, that was sweet.. but obviously a bit of a sore spot. Mikasa frowned briefly before perking back up as her companion did. Good. Mikasa wasn't that great with her own emotions, let alone somebody else's. 

"I'm Mikasa. Nice to meetcha, Sovereign, and extra nice because you just saved my ass. Are you from here? I'm brand new, obviously, and dunno a thing about it. Are there good packs? Bad packs? Uh, I dunno, monsters?"
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Assuming Sov would've known about Epoch and Paleo from her time in Tikal. Someone please nudge me if I need to edit anything! <333

The pale giant laughed a bit at Mikasa's response, "There's plenty of other giants around, and I've learned a few lessons from them..." Sovereign half-heartedly huffs as she remembers the ones she had known aside from her companion Ensio. 

Sabah, her mother Fury, Arashi...gone to the winds, all of them.

The yearling paused, coming back from her reverie as Mikasa began asking about the lands, the packs...
"Uhm...I only know of a few. There's Epoch and Paleo in the Mountains, my aunt lives in Swiftcurrent Creek somewhere nearby...uhm...there's Kvarsheim as well, but other than those, I don't know." She responded. 
Her knowledge of the entirety of the Teekons was rather limited, especially where she was still so young. 

Granted, most of her puphood had been a tie between her mother's training sessions and getting her ass handed to her.
14 Posts
Ooc — Poppy
Mikasa's tail thumped against the ground eagerly as she listened to the younger, yet vastly more worldly, wolf. The sheltered little thing wanted to hear all about Sovereign and what she knew, what she'd seen, but there was also the possibility her good natured humoring would run out before too long. "Guess I'll know 'em when I see 'em," she said with a toothy grin.

The list of packs was short but worthwhile. Mikasa nodded along with each name, storing it away for the future. "Are there any, like.. bad places?" Bad places, bad wolves. Things she wanted to avoid.
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sov smiled in return to Mikasa's toothy grin. 
As for bad places...Sovereign internally winced at that.
"Trouble can stir no matter where you go, depending on your actions." She sighed "But so far I can't think of anywhere you'd absolutely need to avoid..." 
She could of course say her own experiences, her own opinions, but what help was that?