Neverwinter Forest Darkness devours every shining day
<small><b>AVATAR BY EMALEE.</b></small>
121 Posts
Ooc —
Turquoise rolled over, groaned and opened her eyes slowly. She lifted her head and looked around, searching for Rivet. "Riv?" she rasped, her mouth painfully dry. "Hey, Riv?" she called a bit louder. The sylphlike DeMonte must have been out of earshot, as she received no response and the den remained quiet and empty.

Grunting, Turq pushed herself into a sitting position, then gingerly rose onto all fours. She still felt warm, so she assumed her fever hadn't broken yet. The thirst was further indication that she wasn't on the mend just yet. Heavily, she shambled out of the den and walked over to a nearby puddle. She bent over it and drank ravenously, slaking her burning thirst.

Once satisfied, she turned and doddered back to her resting place, lying down in the doorway of the den she shared with Rivet. She felt weak, tired and like death warmed over. Not for the first time, Turq wished that Neverwinter had a medic. The resident Surgeon had long since disappeared, leaving her to cope with her sickness on her own. Rivet comforted her, yet there was little the Lookout could do for her medically.

With a sigh, Turquoise let her chin drift down to rest on her black stockinged forelegs. Her turquoise eyes remained open, watching as dusk began to purple the sky and throw Neverwinter Forest into an eldritch gloom.
<span [color=#FF4500]
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:blink;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:FF0033;">A world without F i r e
is one without G r a c e</span>
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Daenerys always had trouble sleeping, so when she awoke way before the sun had even thought of rising she didn't think twice about it. Dany groggily looked up to see it was still dark as death outside. She lazily rose from her sleeping position on the ground and stretched her sore body. I need to find a better den, sleeping out here is taking a toll on my body. She said to herself.

The wind had a slight chill to it, but she enjoyed it. Dany decided that she was hungry and wanted to hunt. She began to jog through the forest lazily. Within a few minutes she caught the smell of a hare. She crouched sensing it was nearby. After waiting in the forest for what seemed like hours she caught sight of it. A fat brown hare rested in the forest no paying attention. Dany seeing as though this was her moment to attack leaped out of her cover and lauded a quick bite on the hare.

After eating her fill Dany still had a lot of meat left. I'll take it back with me and eat it later she declared to herself. Dany lifted the mangled corpse into her mouth and started walking. After a few minutes she heard a wolf call out. That sounds like Turq, I wonder if she's ok worried Dany made her way towards the sound of the she wolf's voice. After catching glimpse of Turq Dany set down the hare and barked at her, not wanting to scare the she wolf. Daenerys picked back up the hare and made her way over to where the female was seated. The closer Dany got to her the more the smell of sickness overwhelmed Dany. Sickness was a sign of weakness and not wanting to upset the female she didn't mention it. "I have some hare left over, would you like it?" Dany spoke softly as she layed down the hare in front of the females place.
set by sophie
121 Posts
Ooc —
Not a big deal by any means but this takes place in the evening. :)

She didn't remember falling asleep again, as it was entirely unintentional. Footfalls crunching on the leaves just beyond the den woke her. Turquoise lifted her head and blinked groggily at a white shape hovering over her. When she caught the scent of blood, accompanied by the distinct tang that identified the silhouette, Turq's senses sharpened. She blinked the sleep out of her eyes and regarded Dany with two different types of hunger written on her face.

Her inner voice scolded her, reminding her that she didn't actually want to seek outside relationships if it meant Rivet would do the same. She just couldn't bear the thought. Turquoise's eyes suddenly cooled and she shook her head lightly. She could still admire Dany, yet she must keep herself in check.

As far as the rabbit went, Turquoise exercised no such restraint. "Gimme," she answered playfully, stretching out a black paw as if begging. "They say to feed a fever, right? Toss it here and don't get too close. I don't want anybody catching this."
<span [color=#FF4500]
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:blink;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:FF0033;">A world without F i r e
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
OOC: I am sorry, ill fix it.
Dany watched as Turq lifted her head, and shook it. The she wolf then partially begged for the meat. In response Dany tossed the hare at her out stretched paw and took a seat a couple yards back. "Don’t worry about me getting sick, you have enough on your plate." Dany looked towards the darkened forest.
Dany could smell Rivet all over Turq and for some reason she felt a pang of jealousy. Her face darkened for a moment but then quickly she flushed out the feeling. I have no reason to be jealous, Rivet was her mate before I even met her. she scolded herself. Rivet was a lovely wolf she had no reason to feel covetous against her. "How have you been besides the fever?" Daenerys said trying to start small talk to get her mind off of her feelings.
set by sophie
121 Posts
Ooc —
Dany tossed her the hare and Turquoise hooked a paw over the cool carcass, dragging it toward herself. Normally, she would've bolted down the meat. Presently, she nosed it and began to nibble off little morsels she thought her queasy stomach could handle. After her first few bites, she paused to let the food settle for a few minutes before eating any more.

In the interim, she eyed her visitor. "Uh, well, I've generally felt like shit the past while," she answered. "Not sure what's causing it. Rivet hasn't caught it, thank goodness..." Maybe she imagined it but Turq thought she saw something dark flicker in Dany's eyes whenever she mentioned Rivet's name. "I've never been so sick or for so long. It sucks the big one," she complained.

Deciding she could handle a bit more meat, Turquoise gnawed off a few more chunks, swallowed them and then licked her chops. There was still a lot left, yet she pushed it aside for later. With a grunt, Turq pushed herself into an upright position. She felt a little heady but perhaps a bit better for having eaten. Now that she'd stopped stuffing her face, she actually realized how full she felt and on so little meat.

"I actually felt really torn up after our last meeting," Turq found herself suddenly confessing. "I was attracted to you but with Riv. I didn't know what to do with my feelings, so I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off for a few days before finally coming back and admitting everything to her. And you know what? She said she'd let me see other people outside our relationship if I wanted." The Gunner paused, wondering what Dany would make of this information.

She continued after a beat. "But then I thought of how bad I'd feel if Riv had other lovers, so I decided not to go through with it. Lately, I've actually been feeling like I'm not even cut out for a relationship at all, much less several." She wondered if Dany was getting whiplash yet. "And then I got sick and Rivet's been taking care of me like a mother looks after its pup. I mean, 'round-the-clock care. She hasn't uttered a single complaint the entire time, either.

So, the moral of this story,"
Turq finished after her unprecedented blathering, "is that I suck and Rivet's wonderful. And while I think you're a beauty, all we can ever be is friends." It sounded a bit like Turquoise was talking mostly to herself, which was probably the case. "Because I'm going to tell Rivet this relationship is closed. And that I want her to be my mate."

She'd thrown up a few times during her illness, yet this was the first time she'd vomited words specifically. After lapsing into silence, Turquoise blinked up at Dany as if a little surprised at herself. Then she began to smile, then giggle, then laugh outright. It hurt her distended belly but she couldn't help it. Despite still feeling like last week's spoiled leftovers, she felt little jolts of glee as she considered what had just come out of her mouth.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Soon after Turq started to wolf down the carcass something started spewing out of her mouth, it was words. She started off talking about how she felt then moved on to all Rivet is doing for her. The she wolf started to make it sound like she was just telling herself. As hard as it was Dany kept her face straight and emotionless through the entire thing. As much as she wanted to validate a reason why she deserved Turq she couldn't. "You don't even love her, you're just lonely"'she said scolding herself. Dany felt her emotions slip through as she did. Quickly she went back to her couldn't care less demeanor.

Soon Turq began to say she regretted the last meeting. Then she told her what Rivet had proposed. To see other people outside of the relationship. Daenerys feeling torn up about how Turq led her on started vomiting her own words. "Well if you did love her, you wouldn't have began to think about leaving her in the first place now would you? Nor would you have flirted with me, but still you did." Dany stopped herself to let Turq continue. 

She began to rap up her spewing of words and aid the thing Dany deep down knew was coming but didn't want it to happen. "Well i am glad you finally decided to treat someone right for once in your life. Well done. You should have proposed the idea of mates a long time ago." Daenerys said with a snarl started to form. She rose from her seated position standing over the female. "I am glad you can laugh as your hurt Rivet, intentionally." she snarled. "You know what, you don't even deserve Rivet. You don't deserve anyone, you deserve to be alone your entire pathetic life but instead others who deserve mates are stuck without one, you know why? Because people like you who mess with everyone, always get their way." 

For a moment Dany regretted what she said, but then, she didn't. She was happy. This is what the female needed to hear. "So just keep smiling and go on with hurting everyone. Good to know Rivet is sure going to be treated right." By this time, it wasn't even about Rivet. It was about how Dany felt, but she still tried to hide it.
set by sophie
121 Posts
Ooc —
Turq quite literally underwent an honest-to-goodness revelation right in front of Dany. She was so caught up in it that she forgot to consider or anticipate her audience's reaction to her words. When Dany began yelling and snarling at her, Turquoise blinked in utter shock. They barely knew one another, yet the Rho proceeded to give her an unprecedent verbal lashing.

On a better day, Turq might have quickly risen and put Dany in her place. She felt too ill to simply have a go at Dany. Besides, the entire situation left her bewildered. Why did Dany feel so strongly about this? Where did she get off spouting off about things that were no business of hers? Did she even know Rivet?

The good thing was that any trace of attraction died a sudden and violent death. Turquoise looked up at Dany and saw only ugliness. She knew she shouldn't even dignify her with a response but Turquoise was not the best at letting things slide, even when she felt sick as a dog.

"I don't know where you get off talking to me like that," Turquoise said lowly but emphatically. "You should really remove the stick from your ass. You don't know me or my life." She glared icily at the pretentious she-wolf. "Yeah, I've made mistakes and hurt people. Who hasn't? I never meant it. So get the hell out of my face with all your accusations, bitch." She growled low in her throat. "The only one who can judge me is Rivet herself." Turquoise knew she wasn't good enough for Rivet now, yet she wasn't about to let Dany know she was right. It was none of her goddamn business!

"You're a mistake I won't be making ever again," Turquoise finished coldly, dismissively. "Get out," she added, pinning Dany with a meaningful glare. Again, she noticed how unappealing Dany appeared to her now, as if she'd ripped away a mask to reveal the true bitch beneath. Turq didn't have much strength to chase Dany off but if it came to it, she would do it.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Daenerys no longer felt hurt. She was just angry. The snarling continued as Turq tried her best to insult Dany. Telling her she didn't know her, calling Dany a bitch and a mistake. "You act as a pup, only caring for yourself. I do not know you but I've seen your actions, therefore seeing the true you." When Turq told her to leave she was almost glad. She was done dealing with a pup of a wolf. "With pleasure. See you later pup. Have fun with Rivet. Try not to betray her again when another pretty face walks by." Dany said calming herself. She turned and walked away, not wanting to see Turq's face for a long while.
set by sophie
121 Posts
Ooc —
She expected the unexpected now, considering Dany's gross overreaction. She braced herself, waiting for the white she-wolf to refuse to leave or perhaps even get in her face. Instead, she spat a few choice words at Turquoise—which made the black fur along her spine prickle, despite the unjust nature of the Rho's words—and then stalked off into the distance.

"May I remind you," she said hollowly to herself, only for her voice to rise in a sudden shout that would likely carry to Dany's distant ears, "We don't even know each other! You're a crazy bitch!" It felt good to yell this, at least for a moment.

Then Turq began to feel annoyed at the entire situation, then decidedly very weary. She kicked the rest of the rabbit away into the bushes, then slumped down inside the den. She told herself to forget it because she and Dany had only met once and certainly didn't know each other nearly well enough to justify the Rho's bewildering words and actions. For these very reasons, however, Turq stewed in her sick bed, agitated by Dany's extreme reaction.

"Dodged that bullet," Turquoise muttered under her breath at length, feeling herself drifting toward sleep. "Let it go, súile gorm. You have better things to think about," she reminded herself. In that instant before she went under, her lips uncurled from their unhappy frown to a curl of delight when she thought of Rivet.