thunder cross split
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.dio {margin:auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .dio q {color:#CA4B20; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .dio p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

He came from the south with no set destination in mind, and it always seemed inevitable that his travels would happen across pack boundaries. This time he slowed up his rolling lope as a gloomy forest loomed in this pathway, with the scent of marked claim assaulting his senses plain as could be. While he may not have always been prone to the wisest of decisions (the scabby lacerations on his hind end telling-tale of his last foray, though he lacked any ounce of regret), he did know better than to traipse too close. But, curiosity did brim. He decided to loiter a bit.

The roving male slowed and curved a path around the forest's edge. He could hear birds from deep in its depths, from their keening cries to the occasional flap of wings. Also, he suspected he smelled something loamy. Certainly, this was a curious path of land and he wondered of the wolves that had decided to make it their home.

Although he did not raise his voice to summon forth one, as he had no actual business with them, he knew someone ought to happen upon him sooner or later. Until then, he lurked just beyond their boundaries and waited to see what may happen. At worse, he'd be run off or ignored completely, which would just mean his travels would continue. At best, he may learn something before continuing northward.

Ah, the blood of deceit is a nourishing flow....
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Maybe it was the hormones of pregnancy, but she was unnaturally annoyed today. The normally calm, collected priestess was experiencing a torrent of angry emotions. She was annoyed that wolves constantly trespassed without a lick of sense. It was amazing that Slade nor Keith had killed anyone as a result. But it was making her extremely indignant.

And yet another wolf was loitering on her borders. The Night Queen (as Slade called her), hissed with indignation, indigo eyes blazing into fire as she approached the (near) trespasser. "May I inquire as to why you are lingering so close to my borders?" She said, looking regal...and deadly, with her dark pelt puffed up slightly and her tail held high as she eyed this new intruder.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.dio {margin:auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .dio q {color:#CA4B20; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .dio p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

As he lingered, he smelled a handful of wolves. A male's scent and a female one stood out the most, leading him to assume their dominance, or at least their attentiveness to the borders. He suspected this was not a large, sprawling pack either. Which could bode well for him. However, his quiet investigations were cut off by the sweeping approach of a female cloaked in shadows. His ears splayed and tail hung lax as he paused for her arrival.

His ears soon adopted a more angled back approach as he took her subtly venom-touched words. Well then.. he thought vaguely, assuming she was bound to be less than impressed by his casual snooping. I'm here to learn more -- what is this place? I'm a traveler new to this stretch of wilds, he bit back a small smirk as he stole a second to look over her as fleetingly as he could all while dodging her eyes and face.

719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
He wasn't exactly subtle with his ogling. He tried to hide it, avoiding any contact with her eyes, but Meldresi was too experienced with men to not pay any mind to it. She flicked her tail, answering his question first. "This is Blackfeather Woods. And it is claimed, if you had not noticed, so I would kindly ask you to move away from my borders." The priestess tensed her body, eyes fixating on the loner. "Travelers do not last long, especially not alone so close to winter." She guided him subtly to the topic of joining said pack, always on the lookout for members to join her cozy little cult pack.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior

Blackfeather Woods. He would remember it. I had noticed. I may not have stopped if not, he interjected curtly and she then asked him to move. Although, he had specifically stayed beyond the marks for this reason alone. With an arching brow, he leaned his weight into his hind legs and stepped back one pace. She had tensed and he fought the urge to roll his eyes; nothing about him indicated threat, or so he believed, and nor did he intend to make trouble. Was she paranoid enough to believe him breathing the air near her woods was a risk to them?

She went on to inform him of the reality of lone wolves in winter. He was beginning to suspect she may take him for being dens. While he knew loners struggled in times like these, the same could potentially be said for small packs if circumstances did not prove favorable for them. Of that I am aware, which is why I'm looking into the packs around here, to find out if any interest me.. Hers was the first so far, and while it had been overly hopeful to suspect it may be a good place to stop, he was uncertain still.

719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"There are about ten packs in this land, including mine. You have plenty to choose from." She bit back a gasp as she felt two simultaneously hard kicks from inside. Impatient pups, aggravating her like this while she was talking. "Two due west from here, two by the shore, five up north. I have not travelled lately, so I am not sure if any are open for new wolves to join before winter, you will have to find that out yourself."
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior

To hearing there were ten packs, he arched a wolfish brow. It was far more than he was expecting, but these lands were more vast than he could fathom yet. His possibilities were quiet numerous, it seemed, and now it only left it up to him, for he did not yet know quite what sort of pack would suit him best. Obviously somewhere willing to take in strangers (not all were, he knew) and somewhere not too uptight. He did not want to feel suffocated by a pack, and instead, supported.

I intend to, he quipped eagerly. Has yours been here long? And.. I don't know, what's it like here? He fanned his ears, expecting a brief answer because she didn't seem like the type to delve into too much detail to a stranger like him. Still, he was trying to feel it out to see if it would interest him, or if he should just keep going and not look back.

719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The priestess watched the loner's surprise with interest. He was obviously not used to so many packs in such a close radius. Ten this close was nothing, she had seen even more packed in one small space before. It was not a nice place to be, but it was possible. "Not very long." She murmured. "Elaborate more, here as in my pack, or here as in this land?" The priestess tilted her head, eyebrow raising in an amused, but slightly perplexed.

"The forest here is deceptively quiet. It seems like there is no life here besides the crows and ravens that give the woods its name, but there are many creatures living here. As for this land, Teekon Wilds..." She paused, momentarily thinking of a way to describe the vast land. "There are a lot of mountains here, especially up north. North and south of the mountains are flatlands, to the west are woods by the ocean. That is simply a general synopsis. There's many more to be found here."
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior

He came from a place much more scattered when it came to packs. They preferred to keep away from the others, with large stretches of land between them all for hunting -- even between the packs on good terms, such as splintered off families and allies. But he knew not everything was the same, and listened keenly.

Both. Either. Whatever you will share, he answered immediately with bright eyes and pricked ears. He couldn't tell if she was tired of him just yet. He'd keep pressing it a little while longer.

As he absorbed what she shared, he tried to form a mental map of the landscapes around him. What came together may or may not be entirely accurate, but at least he knew to anticipate mountains and an ocean. It was better than nothing. Your forest does seem so quiet.. from the outside anyway. But, I don't know, it makes it interesting? he peered towards the treetops briefly. I don't imagine many of the other packs bother you much here? Or are relations between the packs even much of an issue here in the.. Teekon wilds..? he referenced the title she had used prior, and it tasted odd on his tongue.

719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"It isn't like this all the time. The crows and ravens fight in the treetops sometimes. They haven't been fighting much now, I suppose they are stopping for winter." She followed the loner's gaze, wondering if she could see the telltale rustling of the birds in the dark greenery. "But the silence helps to easily locate other animals for hunting, or when we patrol. So it has its benefits."

He asked about her pack's relations with the others, another question of his that made her suspicious. Was he some spy, or simply curious? The priestess answered his question regardless, since they had no negative or positive relations with any which pack, except Ouroboros, really. "None, we have kept to ourselves lately."
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior

While he looked to the treetops, he still found quiet. But, knowing ravens and crows frequently fought there was an interesting twist (while he wondered if the forest's title had anything to do with that -- Blackfeather, and all). Hm, wonder what they fight about.. he drawled curiously. But perhaps they had settled it for the wintertime, as she said.

Anyway, she had answered and he nodded, deciding in favor of attending to the matter of hunger before bothering her any further. While he could probably muster up more questions, his attention span was bound to wane the hungrier he felt. And in order to safely hunt, he'd have to put some serious distance between himself and this pack territory. So it would be best he got going. Well, thanks for answering. Maybe you will see me again.. he shrugged, pivoted, and began to take his leave.

719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
She knew the answer to his question, but intentionally did not answer. It was something that concerned her pack and them only. The politics of their neighbors was something that benefited them, providing them with free food, though she was disappointed that the fighting had ceased during the winter. They could certainly use the food.

The Night Queen watched the male leave, making sure he left her territory before she turned and returned to her den, tired from the conversation. It was something that never happened before she was pregnant, but the load of a full litter was tiring on a woman.