Blacktail Deer Plateau Where Will we be When They Come?
Defeat is Knowledge, Knowledge is Defeat
17 Posts
Ooc —

While roaming around DragonWatchers territory Tekovaca ran into Koontz, the alpha. Her pack was already well into being formed and everyone had a place in the pack. Tekovaca wanted in. "I guess now I have to meet new people." Teke said to himself. While he was happy about being in a new pack, he was also nervous. He was the new wolf, and he feared not being treated well. He could stand for himself but how many beatings would he take? 

Tekovaca started to wander looking for other wolves of his pack, to size them up. While wondering around he found a patch of sunlight that he couldn't resist laying in. "I have worked hard enough already, it's time I rest." he announced to himself as he layed down and tried his best to ret his thoughts.
<small><i>avatar by lieu</i></small>
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

He’d been out and about throughout the territory, not really going anywhere in particular. The Gamma had been scenting out some newly popped up rabbit warrens in a couple of locations within the forest. Thus far, from the scent, they weren’t terribly big rabbit groups, but they would grow in the spring. For now, he left them alone, wanting them to have the change to grow in numbers come spring. It was important for him that the new rabbit groups grow in numbers since it was one of the main things that he was actually able to hunt without assistance from anyone else. Yildun was a little worried about the coming winter because snow on the ground made it a little harder for him to hunt on his own.

Catching the scent of a newcomer to the pack, Yildun changed his course to head in the direction of the newest member of the pack. Yildun knew the forest inside and out, able to easily maneuver through the trees and stuff without even a single problem. When he’d first gotten here, it hadn’t been so easy, but time had changed all of that. He wasn’t nearly as terribly depressed as he’d been when he first got here, and he knew that she played a big part in that. She was an almost constant in his thoughts. Just the mere thought of her brought a faint smile to his silvery muzzle and a little spring in his step.

He could hear the breathing of the newcomer, and his scent was strong, signaling to the young male that he’d found the other. He didn’t get too close, preferring to meet others with caution. "Hello," he called out to the other male, turning his head in the direction the sound of breathing was coming from. Milky colored eyes stared forward, unseeing, unblinking. And yet, nothing escaped his notice.

17 Posts
Ooc —

After drifting into a light sleep Teke was awoken by a voice. At first he mistook it for a dream but after thinking about it he open his eyes. A male from his new pack was standing before him. A few feet away a pale silver male was standing in front of him. "Hello, I am Tekovaca and you are?" he asked the silver male as he rose from his sleeping position. 

Once he got close enough to the male he could see his eyes. They were milky white, a sign of blindness. Tekovaca tilted his head as he waited for the male to reply. He did not know how to deal with him, he wanted to show respect to the wolf but didn't know how to do it seeing as though he was blind. Teke just stood their with his head cocked waiting for the male to answer.
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

His body instantly tensed when he heard the other wolf stand up and move toward him. This had become an automatic reaction ever since the she-wolf at the borders turning into a jerkface. He worried about ending up attacked, though if the other wolf was a pack member Yildun was hopefully safe. But even then, there was no sure thing, especially since he was blind. The young Gamma had to do whatever it took to protect himself.

"Yildun," he answered, giving a slight dip of his muzzle. "Pack Gamma and Dreamserpent." Though blind, he wasn’t oblivious to everything around him or going on with others. His sense of hearing far surpassed anyone else’s simply because of his lack of sight. "You must be fairly new?" As he asked his question, he instinctively raised his head and his tail, actively showing his higher rank. It wasn’t done maliciously, or anything of the sort. It was pure instinct.

17 Posts
Ooc —

Tekovaca was still in awe at the wolf. He was blind yet stood boldly yet tensed when Tekovaca got near. Teke decided it would be best if the wolf understood his intentions.  "You have no reason to be defensive around me...Yildun. I have not come here to attack, nor will I ever attack you. Is that clear?" Teke announced  as he bowed showing the wolf respect while also doubting that the wolf could sense his act of submission. 

Tekovaca was intrigued that the wolf showed so much dominance. It was very inspirational that a wolf could stand so tall in the face of adversity. "I am new, just joined actually." Tekovaca chuckled. For some reason Teke felt drawn to this wolf. He wanted to get to know him better.
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

The young Gamma remained tense, but instinctively dominant in his stance. This instinct thing was something that was very new to the blind male, but he didn’t fight it in the least. If it was what was going to help give him more confidence, then so be it. It also meant that he was growing within himself and was learning that he wasn’t just the helpless blind boy that he’d grown up kind of thinking of himself as, especially after his parents died.

Though he couldn’t see that the other male was showing submission, Yildun was able to hear the shifting of movements from Tekovaca. He could hear the movement of his paws, as well as the rustling of his fur, and the sound of his breathing was coming from a lower position than previously. So, yes, he was able to know that the other male was showing submission. "Thank you," the sightless Gamma responded, giving a nod of his head. "And thank you for showing submission." It felt strange to say that, yet strangely satisfying at the same time.

Yildun nodded again when Tekovaca answered his question in regards to being new. He’d figured so since he hadn’t smelled the other male around before until now. That was an obvious clear sign that the other male was, indeed, new to the pack and such. "Are you settling in alright?" he asked as he allowed himself to relax his stance a little bit. "Finding your way around the forest? Find yourself a den as of yet?"

17 Posts
Ooc —

Tekovaca watched the wolf and his actions. He was still standing dominate and a smile shuffled across Teke's face. Once the gamma acknowledged his submission tactic Tekovaca nodded in reply. At first Teke felt akward around Yildun but now after so little time he felt as though he was a normal wolf, a pack mate meant to be respected. Teke curiosity overwhelmed him in the presence of this wolf.

As the gamma asked him how he'd been getting along Teke couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "The territory is much different from my home place, but atlas it is easy enough to understand. I have yet to find a den. I guess that wasn't on my first things to accomplish list. I should get on that." he said almost talking to himself. Tekovaca sat on his hunches after stating this. He began to get lost in his own thoughs. He was trying to remember the new territory and what places would be good for a den site. He was too new to remember any, Teke would just have to do some more exploring before he was ready to decide.
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

Allowing himself to relax a little more, Yildun couldn’t help but feel a little proud of himself. He was doing a whole lot better than he ever thought he would when he had first joined the pack with the small group he’d traveled with. He was still upset that so many had vanished without so much as a single word, including his brother and Ver, but as time went by, he was coming to accept that they were gone and probably weren’t going to be returning. It was just a fact of life, he supposed. It just hurt to see his sister continue to be so depressed. He really did wish that there was something he could do for her.

He was silent while he listened to the other male answering the questions that had been asked of him. As he listened, more questions easily sprang to mind. "What brought you here?" he asked only when Tekovaca had finished speaking. His ears twitched, slightly, when he heard the other male shifting positions, hearing the crunch of dry leaves signaling that the other male had reclined into a sitting position. Yildun wasn’t yet ready to relax to that point, but he was getting there. It would take a little while longer for him to grow to being that comfortable around the other male.

"I can help you with finding a den," he offered. "I know this forest inside and out. There are a few scattered abandoned dens that are free for the taking, or you could dig a brand new one, but you’ll want to do that before the ground starts freezing, which won’t be too much longer. The season is changing and winter is around the corner." Talking to the male was growing easier the longer they chatted. "Has Koontz talked to you about jobs within the pack? Like… what sort of things can you do that would help the pack as a whole?" Perhaps he could help Koontz with her job if he encouraged Tekovaca to think about these things.

17 Posts
Ooc —

Tekovaca could feel the air of confidence that arose from the male. Ache couldn't help but smile at it. Soon Yildun asked about his history. Teke decide he would keep it short and sweet. "I left my home pack because my brothers and I were old enough and we all sensed it was time to leave." He said, speaking about his family brought back happy memories. 

"I became a lone wolf after I broke off from my brothers but soon I heard about this pack, and asked Koontz if I could join." He smiled at the thought of being a lone wolf and meeting Michonne while wandering. The male offered to help him find a den and Teke was great full for his offer. "That would be quite great if you could help me sir." he announced to Yildun. 

Teke continued to sit on his hunches as the wolf continued on about roles in the pack. "No she hasn't but whatever your pack needs me for I can do." he offered some what of a guidance on his skills. "I am no skilled fighter but I am knowledgeable on different subjects." Which was true, Teke was very good at figure out other wolves. All he needed was some time alone with them. "I am good at hunting, if you need hunters. I am also decent at the art of healing." Tekovaca offered. "My mother taught me a few things before I left."