Drown Into Eyes While They're Still Blind
<span [color=#FF4500]
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:blink;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:FF0033;">A world without F i r e
is one without G r a c e</span>
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Daenerys latest interaction with Turq left her completely bitter. Morning had risen and she hadn’t gotten any sleep since the encounter. ”She doesn’t deserve anyone, Turq is ungreatful” she alleged to herself inordinately as she recalled the latest night’s events. Dany not feeling up to eat just sat and thought. Being lost in her own contemplations left her in a mere of emotion.

Daenerys lifted her head and let out a long deep howl. She howled for her brother, whom she may never see again. She howled for her mother and father whose benevolences were greatly missed. Dany howled for a friend she could have had but lost. She howled for the wolves she would never know. She howled for the happiness she has had and the sadness she hasn’t. Dany howled for the moon, and the deep forest. For the animals she had taken lives of to further her own. For the sun that rose and fell even after the nights grew long. The howling seemed to stretch on forever in Daenery’s head. Once she finished she was worn out. Not caring anymore she sat down and hung her head, taking in the forest around her.
set by sophie
<i>were you calm, or were you numb</i>
7 Posts
Ooc —
It wasn't for any particular reason that Row couldn't bring herself to rest. With her head against the wall of the den she shared with her brother she thought of the reasons if only to pass the time. It was rather warm in the tiny den tangled with her sibling, and there was also a prevailing musk due to the previous vacancy of the space. Still though, Row had made the arduous trek to present point, and she was well aware of War's intentions to rise early and explore. However, none of these things convinced her busy mind or ready body. So it was after much deliberation that the two-tone youth decided to start her investigation of the lands much earlier than intended -and alone.

Unwinding her body from her brother's crooks, she waited until she was a few steps away from the threshold to select a direction. Of course this process was entirely on a whim, but once she had turned herself right Row took to an accelerated trot, hopeful to burn some of her inexplicable energy.

As per usual her thoughts were limited as she ran. Instead she only felt. Sensed the shifts in the surrounding air, the tug of far reaching branches as she passed them. Row had always been a basic creature and it showed as her confidence in dominion was easily unfurled across the pack's territory. It was hers as much as she was it's. No hesitation just resignation. After all, she needed this. They needed this.

She had planned to run until her lungs burned with exhaustion but as she came to a break in the woods she was halted by the distance -and what it contained. Highlighted by slashes of sunlight there stood a wolf much paler than herself. And even though she was no longer dashing through the forest Row could definitely feel her heart race and the surroundins whirl. Broux... two steps were taken backwards, but before she could reverse any further the heavy silence was alleviated by a sound from the wolf. It was a sentimental song full of... well everything. And whether in relief or base curiosity Row stood as the audience to the stranger's outburst.
<span [color=#FF4500]
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:blink;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:FF0033;">A world without F i r e
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
While Dany sat and hung her head she caught the scent of another wolf. Before she could react aggressively the neverwinter smell surrounded her. It wasn't a familiar wolf but it was a pack wolf, and being Rho Daenerys felt a sort of obligation to meet all her pack mates. Even though this wasn't the best time to meet Dany, she still needed to fulfill her obligation. "I smell you, no point in trying to hide. Come forth and introduce yourself." Dany announced with dominance, but she kept her head hanging still letting emotion run over her pelt
set by sophie
7 Posts
Ooc —
It was inevitable that Row took interest in the stranger's song. It was carnal. She was a wolf, and although the words weren't exact their depth was keenly penetrating. All of this lead to a vague feeling of discomfort. It was as if Row was peeking in on a moment of indecent vulnerability. And yet she could not look away. After all, she and Warboy were both highly resistant to such open emotional expression. So perhaps peculiarity was the lure.

However, once the solo had concluded the charm was broken. Rowtag was prepared to turn and go but before she could the Rho summoned her. Stiffening at first, the newcomer twisted her head at the words. She hadn't intended to pry, and furthermore she hadn't considered her proximity to be a vice of deception.

All of this contemplation made the female late in her approach. Slow but with delicate footsteps, Row came around her superior in a wide arc. As for her posture it was modestly submissive, but not so much that there was any degree of challenge -merely a tacit queue that Row was naturally of a more despotic nature herself.

"I admit that I shouldn't have lingered as long as I did... but I assure you that I wasn't intentionally intruding upon you." her voice was a womanly alto, like an echo from a deep cave, "...I am Rowtag by the way." unlike the woman's chorus there was no definitive emotional intent in Row's saying. Which was adequately honest considering that she had no idea what their encounter would become.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Dany lifted her head as the female came silently near. She took notice of her defensive stature and commented on it. "I am your pack mate, your friend, not the alpha. No need to be so submissive. " She told the female hoping that would loose the tension between them. She listen as the female explained why she was near. "Howling is meant to be heard yes?" Daenerys took a pause even though it was a rhetorical question.

"You caught me at a bad time Rowtag, but I am Daenerys called me Dany." attempting to start some type of conversation so Dany didn't seem so distance she started small talk. "Are you new here?" she questioned. Dany had yet to see this female before but it might have been because of her reclusive nature recently.
set by sophie
7 Posts
Ooc —
I know," the grayscale youth lied. In all actuality Row had no idea what she was doing. In Afghanistan she hadn't been old enough to appreciate the hierarchy amidst the dogs, and with the Rossignols things had just been different...

For a second her heart raced again, but with effort Row held back its pace. That was neither here nor there. Lowering her head as if she were diving back into the present, Row produced a hollow sound of agreement. "I don't do much of it myself though -howling that is. I guess I got my mom's pipes because I just end up sounding like a dog" coming from Row it was hardly an insult. She simply recognized and appreciated the significant differences within her. "So I'm always kinda starstruck by others that can do it and do it well." While Row usually wasn't keen on fluff conversation she was even less inclined to tell strangers about her problems.

Finally coming to a stop where she could make a comfortable seat, Row did so before offering more answers. "My brother Warboy and I -we just joined the other day." Rowtag was happy to say so. Of course she was aware that there were those who roamed alone just fine, but she was grateful for the company of her brother.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Dany listen to the she wolf speak about her howling abilities. Daenerys felt bad for the wolf, howling was something that involved emotion and feelings. Not ability on how well someone sounded. "You know, howling isn't on who sounds better or not, it's about emotion and explaining how you feel. " Dany said reassuringly to the she wolf. Daenerys watched Rowtag sit down and continue to answer her questions.

The wolf mention that her brother joined along with her. "That is the other unfimliar scent on her pelt." She nodded to herself understanding it now. "I would love to meet your brother one day." Dany announced. Daenerys continued on with the basic pack member introduction. "Have you and your brother found a den yet? I can help you around the forest if you haven't." Dany spoke. She took a small pause for the Rowtag answer. Then she continued "If you need any help getting to know the forest or other wolves I am here." Dany closed up with that final sentence. She watched the female waiting for her answer.
set by sophie
7 Posts
Ooc —
Although not condescending, the way in which the woman spoke made Row feel much younger than she was. It had been a long time since someone had spoken encouragement to her. Of course War loved her, but they expressed themselves through wordless means. So the small statement of kindness was interesting. An exotic sweetness.

Pleased by this Row made a small dip with her head again -a personal habit- before separating her ears and speaking somewhat kindly in return. "It's kind of you to say so but my talents are in other things. Besides -if some of us weren't exceptional then there would be nothing special about it at all." Row wasn't trying to start a debate -however nicely spoken they both were- it was simply her way to exemplify her opinions. Especially when they were concerning herself. Unlike most Row was unafraid of the various ills that she possessed. In fact, she embraced them all in the hopes of better understanding them.

As her tail ticked behind her, the young Iranian import thought of her sibling yet again. He was always befuddled with pessimistic thoughts or worse still paranoia. To say the very least he was difficult to know. But considering her ambitions for their future, Row could only hope that his social awkwardness would not weigh in too heavily with their packmates.

"Warboy is shy," she confessed. "He enjoys a select company of wolves. However, he's hardly unfriendly. Just distant." If she wanted to the female could consider the small spiel a warning, but its actual intent was a preemptive apology.

"For the time being we've settled ourselves in a retired badger hole, but before winter sets in we'll find something more suitable. Before then though I'd like to help reinforce whatever caches have been established. Once the hides are emptied they make a decent bedding. Especially for those who lack a den-mate." Once upon a time Row had owned an actual blanket and pillow. They had both been presents from her human master. However, as she reflected upon the effort that would be required to attain their equivalent in the wild her nostalgia was numbed. Rowtag was the sort of creature that coveted any chance to enhance her pride with honest work and reward.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Dany nodded as the she wolf concluded her statement on howling. Daenerys not wanting to start a fight so early in the day let this go. "No point in arguing over petty things" Dany told herself. Soon Rowtag when into a description of her brother. Dany also nodded at this, she too had a brother. They can be difficult in many more ways than you would think. "I understand, my brother was...is the same way. " She stated adding a little pause between her own personal correction. 

Rowtag seemed to already have a temporary den so Daenerys marked that off her to-do list. "Sleeping with furs of her prey, must be some type of sacrifice thing." Dany thought to herself as the female went on about what was needed to make it more homely for the time being. Daenerys wanting to make sure her new pack mate was set for a little while said "I take it you have found the necessary amount of prey for you and your." Daenerys took a slight pause before continuing. "Brother, yes? " She stated. Dany didn't wait for the female to respond before she continued on. "If not, do not be afraid to ask me or any other wolves. We would sure help you in a hare beat." With that Daenerys concluded her little spiel.
set by sophie